Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Why Are The Nigeria Police Officers So Rude And Ill Mannered? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why Are The Nigeria Police Officers So Rude And Ill Mannered? (745 Views)

Police Officers Chase A Dispatch Rider To Death In Lekki / Mr Woodberry Has Fallen Ill In U.S. Prison - Kemi Olunloyo / #JusticeForSeyiAkinade: Seyi Akinade Commits Suicide Over SARS Ill-Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are The Nigeria Police Officers So Rude And Ill Mannered? by ayindejimmy(m): 11:25am On Dec 19, 2016
They arrested my younger sister along with her 11 year old daughter at around 8pm yesterday in her shop at Ejigbo last night.

The arrest became absurd when the SARS officers claimed someone who purchased food stuff from her forgot a purse containing N6m at her shop TWO DAYS AGO!

Now, they can't produce the complainant. No report was filed at the divisional headquarters in Ejigbo. So many loop holes and inconsistencies in their allegations.

I'm requesting they charge her to court now but they won't even give me any audience. It's like they're acting out a script.

Above all, most of the officers are just blatantly rude and ill mannered.

Fellas, what should be my next line of action now?

Please, Mod.

Help me move this to the Front page. I hope someone Up There reads this because I hope to pursue it to a logical conclusion

# MODIFIED
I appreciate everyone that made constructive contributions and suggestions on this post.
The issue was resolved that same day.

Due to the hostility I received at the SARS HEADQUARTERS at Ikeja I had to contact my lawyer.
We had intended to submit petitions to the IG, Lagos State Commissioner of Police and Head of SARS yesterday but while I was at my lawyer's Chambers at Obalande my younger sister called me that they had asked us to come and bail her with the sum of N50k. My lawyer asked me to to go and witness the scenario and brief him on phone. He also insisted I should not give them kobo

Before I got there, my lawyer had called the PRO of the lag Police who in turn called a senior officer at SARS. The senior officer ordered them to release her immediately.
The men that arrested her become apprehensive when I got there asking me to bring any amount to bail her. That why did I get so and so person involved. These were the same people that wouldn't even give me audience that same morning.

I vehemently resufused to part with a dime. I told them if they insisted on collecting money I'll wait till tomorrow when the petition would have been submitted to bail her. Moreover, bail is free. I left their midst angrily.
Some minutes later, they brought her to me without collecting a dime. And they assured me she has no further case to answer again.

When I briefed my lawyer, he told me to let by gone be by gone. That the man he called there has promised to deal with them.

That was how I brought her home on Monday.
This shows that no money was lost.
They were just acting out a script

There are many other people arrested illegally just like my sister at the SARS office. Some of them can't afford a lawyer and so they languished there.
The IG is sitting on a well enshrined tradition of corruption in the NPF. Obviously, they're not willing to exploit all channels to alleviate the ugly trend. I twitted this matter and I tag the Lagos Police and the IG but got no response.

Finally, I'm surprised the Mods here refused to give this matter necessary attention. While giving unnecessary importance to frivolous matter that can't better our lives.

I think this shows that the right way to handle these people is to get a lawyer, once you know you're innocent.
But how many people can afford that?

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Nigeria Police Officers So Rude And Ill Mannered? by adechi: 11:33am On Dec 19, 2016
[color=#006600][/color]

Get a lawyer and let him charge it to court, Nigeria police are criminals ,they are another thief in the making....
Re: Why Are The Nigeria Police Officers So Rude And Ill Mannered? by ogtavia(m): 11:35am On Dec 19, 2016
get a lawyer...go along to the station with a spy cam or a small inconspicuous video/audio recorder in order to gather evidence which might prove useful if the need arises..make your own enquiries with regards to the missing money..above all.. .show no signs of cowardice..she is innocent until proven guilty. all the best..

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Nigeria Police Officers So Rude And Ill Mannered? by keycash: 11:37am On Dec 19, 2016
Bro try invite a sound lawyer don't let those idiot Scott free

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Nigeria Police Officers So Rude And Ill Mannered? by bitcoininvesto(m): 11:39am On Dec 19, 2016
Criminals are always rude u know?

Re: Why Are The Nigeria Police Officers So Rude And Ill Mannered? by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 19, 2016
First of all, how do we know your sister is really innocent in this case? I believe 6 million naira in a bag is too big a lie to be fabricated against someone who has no knowledge of the issue. I'm not saying she's guilty either, but the policemen who came to arrest her must have some level of information before they invaded your sister's shop and arrested her. . .

. . . And if you're 100% confident it was a setup or mistake, then by all means get a lawyer and charge the case to court and be prayerful about it. Only God knows the truth.
Re: Why Are The Nigeria Police Officers So Rude And Ill Mannered? by ayindejimmy(m): 9:06am On Dec 21, 2016
adechi:
[color=#006600][/color]

Get a lawyer and let him charge it to court, Nigeria police are criminals ,they are another thief in the making....
Thanks.
Kindly read the post again
I've detailed the aftermath of the event
Re: Why Are The Nigeria Police Officers So Rude And Ill Mannered? by ayindejimmy(m): 9:07am On Dec 21, 2016
blackberlin:
First of all, how do we know your sister is really innocent in this case? I believe 6 million naira in a bag is too big a lie to be fabricated against someone who has no knowledge of the issue. I'm not saying she's guilty either, but the policemen who came to arrest her must have some level of information before they invaded your sister's shop and arrested her. . .

. . . And if you're 100% confident it was a setup or mistake, then by all means get a lawyer and charge the case to court and be prayerful about it. Only God knows the truth.
Thanks.
Kindly read the post again.
Re: Why Are The Nigeria Police Officers So Rude And Ill Mannered? by ayindejimmy(m): 9:09am On Dec 21, 2016
keycash:
Bro try invite a sound lawyer don't let those idiot Scott free

Thanks
Kindly read the post again.
Actually, my lawyer told me to just leave them. It take a lot of money to pursue justice in Nigeria. And I'm no politician
Re: Why Are The Nigeria Police Officers So Rude And Ill Mannered? by ayindejimmy(m): 9:10am On Dec 21, 2016
ogtavia:
get a lawyer...go along to the station with a spy cam or a small inconspicuous video/audio recorder in order to gather evidence which might prove useful if the need arises..make your own enquiries with regards to the missing money..above all.. .show no signs of cowardice..she is innocent until proven guilty. all the best..

Thanks.
Kindly read the post again. I've modified it
Re: Why Are The Nigeria Police Officers So Rude And Ill Mannered? by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 21, 2016
Yes, I'm sure many people can't afford to get a Lawyer.

I bet there're many innocent people languishing in prison.

Thankfully you got your sister outta there and I'm glad

you didn't give them a dime either.
Re: Why Are The Nigeria Police Officers So Rude And Ill Mannered? by ogtavia(m): 5:25pm On Dec 21, 2016
ayindejimmy:

Thanks.
Kindly read the post again. I've modified it

I have read through....Congratulations on her release...release.. I know you are aware many have spent years in jail for crime they didn't commit...our justice and crime-fighting institutions have a looonng way to go...
Re: Why Are The Nigeria Police Officers So Rude And Ill Mannered? by dotman4real007(m): 8:18am On Dec 22, 2016
no be 9ja police, they are wicked, i fear them ooo!! They set people up for making money. In Ice cube's voice: fucck the police!!!

(1) (Reply)

OMG: Shocking Video Of A Boy Who Tear Bible, The Reason Will Shock You / Man Accused Of Impregnating His Landlords Daughter / Kano Leads The Nation In Drug Addiction (al Jazeera)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.