Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,776 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Despite Recession, Lagos Generated More Revenue In 2016- Ambode - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Despite Recession, Lagos Generated More Revenue In 2016- Ambode (8407 Views)

Lagos Generated More IGR Than 30 States Combined In 2016 / Another Electricity Tarrif Hike Despite Recession In Nigeria / Deji Adeyanju Says Buhari Is Wearing N2m Shoes Despite Recession (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Despite Recession, Lagos Generated More Revenue In 2016- Ambode by idupaul: 1:02pm On Dec 19, 2016
omofunaab:

Buhari has identified himself with others

Please don't provoke me this holiday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Recession, Lagos Generated More Revenue In 2016- Ambode by MikeOdey: 1:02pm On Dec 19, 2016
[color=#000099][/color] how una no go make money? As price of goods increase, na so revenue kukuma rise ma. Una weldon
Re: Despite Recession, Lagos Generated More Revenue In 2016- Ambode by OnPointMan(m): 1:04pm On Dec 19, 2016
eminikansoso:
well in figure, lagos state government generated more revenue in 2016. but is it the same value compare to the previous years?

My thought exactly. But the governor seems not to know that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Recession, Lagos Generated More Revenue In 2016- Ambode by omofunaab(m): 1:07pm On Dec 19, 2016
idupaul:

Please don't provoke me this holiday

You fit provoke.. .nothing concern me. ..na u get ur holiday

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Recession, Lagos Generated More Revenue In 2016- Ambode by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 19, 2016
richidinho:

Mttcheeew.... Smh!

Stop crying little Flatron! Wicked wike is your friend grin tongue tongue grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Recession, Lagos Generated More Revenue In 2016- Ambode by jmoore(m): 1:20pm On Dec 19, 2016
Most of the goods that come into Nigeria pass through Lagos. So it is expected.

1 Like

Re: Despite Recession, Lagos Generated More Revenue In 2016- Ambode by joinnow: 1:21pm On Dec 19, 2016
Its only in lagos DAT (more than 10letters from 10different lagos state internal revenue staff will visit 1 company and submit the 10letters for 1 tax issues)
The WAY Zenith bank marketer visit
10 marketers from diffent branch visit one company and preaching about opening account

1 Like

Re: Despite Recession, Lagos Generated More Revenue In 2016- Ambode by Kiakia(m): 1:21pm On Dec 19, 2016
Expectedly! Nothing less was expected. Lagos is the economic and commercial capital of Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Recession, Lagos Generated More Revenue In 2016- Ambode by Toosure70: 1:23pm On Dec 19, 2016
ASIWAJU FOUNDATION.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Despite Recession, Lagos Generated More Revenue In 2016- Ambode by Elmojiid(m): 1:32pm On Dec 19, 2016
blackaxe78:
As long as flat-heads keep importing themselves into Lagos, the state will continue to have revenue increment. Each of them will bring another flat head to Lagos when returning from the Red mud region in January that spells growth in 2017 for the State
what do u mean by flat head and red mud i wanna know.
Re: Despite Recession, Lagos Generated More Revenue In 2016- Ambode by MayhorE(m): 1:38pm On Dec 19, 2016
What did u expect before, you think say Lagos be yeye country(state)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Recession, Lagos Generated More Revenue In 2016- Ambode by Souljaboi1: 1:59pm On Dec 19, 2016
eminikansoso:
well in figure, lagos state government generated more revenue in 2016. but is it the same value compare to the previous years?

Exactly. Was the rate of inflation factored into the increment ?

Besides, what that amount could do last year is far from what it would do today; given the exchange rate was less than half what it is today.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Recession, Lagos Generated More Revenue In 2016- Ambode by Lukay99: 2:01pm On Dec 19, 2016
bonechamberlain:
After using tax to almost suffocate people

Or you'll rather prefer Lagos to also generate it's revenue from natural resources(oil) like the rest of Nigeria? so that when the prices of oil comes crashing down what's next? Or when the militant starts blowing off oil pipe line ? I remember vividly most Nigerian where against fashola when he was trying to increase Lagos State IGR internal generated revenue by increasing taxes but what you failed to understand is that the same taxes most of you guys where against is the same thing that's helping Lagos State(Ambode) today.

What exactly do you guys want? You don't want the so called federal government oil (aka Niger delta) being spent on Lagos State or any other States yet you don't want Lagos to generate it's own revenue it's not like Lagos is taxing the residents of Anambra or Kano? Lagos is only taxing it's own residents and if you don't like it you're free to relocate. Maybe people like you likes it or not the taxes is staying. Nigeria is just now calling for diversification from oil but Lagos already did and just like you guys where calling for fashola's head when he was laying the foundation for Lagos you're all doing the same thing with buhari now .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Recession, Lagos Generated More Revenue In 2016- Ambode by chibuzorAbia: 2:20pm On Dec 19, 2016
Fellow Flat headed Flattrons, Lagos state needs you. We shall continue paying taxes and increasing the revenue of this Igbo-in-waiting state. We shall rule the lazy Afonjas by the grace of Chukwu Okeke Abiama!

Let us leave our rural state and preserve it for the murderous Fulanis who need somewhere to graze their cattles. Who invited Uwaifo for that gathering?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Despite Recession, Lagos Generated More Revenue In 2016- Ambode by Rezponder: 2:31pm On Dec 19, 2016
At this rate Lagos will have more IGR next year just because the government is working and opening more frontiers.

“The tax payers are the ones giving us the little energy that we have and even though when they say Nigeria is in recession, but somehow Lagos has been able to do it and it is because people are paying their taxes.

“The truth is that the people have been carrying out their civic obligations and somehow we have been returning those obligations with the services that we have provided and you found out that this year; we have actually made more IGR than last year under a recession.

“So, somehow, we need to appreciate all the people that have made this to happen and then I look at the way I could use Arts, Entertainment, Tourism and Hospitality not only to promote the excellence that Lagos has always been known for but to provide another sector of revenue for Lagos State and I felt one of the ways to go about that was to invite our old celebrities that we seem to have forgotten and spend an evening with them,” Governor Ambode said.

Read more http://rezponder.com/despite-recession-lagos-generated-revenue-2016-ambode/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Recession, Lagos Generated More Revenue In 2016- Ambode by dMODShavgonemad: 2:37pm On Dec 19, 2016
sapele914:
okowa(Delta State)fayose(Ekiti).
Osun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Despite Recession, Lagos Generated More Revenue In 2016- Ambode by Blaqchild4eva(m): 3:37pm On Dec 19, 2016
Nice one Ambode.... EKO ONI BAJE OOO

1 Like

Re: Despite Recession, Lagos Generated More Revenue In 2016- Ambode by MayorMgbedike(m): 6:09pm On Dec 19, 2016
Why won't they generate more revenue?
Life in Lagos is like, mind where u step your foot. Even if u do d right thing you'll definitely see some sets of official touts that'll come and terrorize you and extort you in d name of govt work.

Unless u have a bigger tout in their office then you go free, if not you are in for trouble. Be ready to pay nothing less than 20k.

Stealing from residents in the name of revenue generation.

Eko ni ba je o!
Re: Despite Recession, Lagos Generated More Revenue In 2016- Ambode by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 19, 2016
Bolustic:
None of the 5 states from a certain region will ever make such amount in 5 years yet our Oriental brothers will continue to say there is nothing in Lagos.

I laugh whenever they claim they are the most industrialized because of the small plants(compared to Ogun and Lagos) in Onitsha, Aba and Nnewi.
And you think if they don't pull out their investment tax revenue wouldn't fall right? What made up Lagos if not non indigenes
Re: Despite Recession, Lagos Generated More Revenue In 2016- Ambode by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 19, 2016
dMODShavgonemad:
This is a state that works, not some states that can't generate revenue Bt always expect federal government to bail them out, whereas they r pocketing from the state's purse. The he-goat governor knows what I'm talking about.
Hmmmm what's his name?
Re: Despite Recession, Lagos Generated More Revenue In 2016- Ambode by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 19, 2016
kopite:
After sponsoring crisis in d Niger delta for companies to move to lagos, they are now celebrating the spoils and bounties of war. Its well.
Even if they did why would the Niger deltans foolishly agreed . Go to warri and see why most oil firms relocated
Re: Despite Recession, Lagos Generated More Revenue In 2016- Ambode by Ubiero(f): 6:19pm On Dec 19, 2016
Puhleezzzz
With the use of touts. They should go and sit down one side joor.
Re: Despite Recession, Lagos Generated More Revenue In 2016- Ambode by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 19, 2016
idupaul:
I have always said it when people see commited leadership they will rush to pay tax ..Thumbs up to Governor Ambode who I rate one of the best leaders Nigeria has had since independence..Before he was elected I was against him because he was fat (I never trust fat people with anything from experience ) but he has proven me wrong and made me his biggest fan in Nigeria ..I believe and love this man to the hilt
You mean the orobo man, why would have that kind of perception? Thank God he has proved you wrong

1 Like

Re: Despite Recession, Lagos Generated More Revenue In 2016- Ambode by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 20, 2016
omofunaab:

LMAO , where are you from?

My brother...am a Nigerian just speaking d truth based on work experience.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dogara’s Loyalists Negotiate For Leadership, Committee Appointments / Who Will Win The Southwest? / GEJ And Adoke Bello On UNILAG Renaming. A Fictional Conversation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.