Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Iran To Assist Nigeria In Job Creation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iran To Assist Nigeria In Job Creation (434 Views)

Buhari Says Nigeria Is Ready To Assist Distressed African Countries / British Military Offers To Assist In Rescue Operations Of Dapchi Girls / Dave Umahi Approves N29 Million To Assist Benue And Taraba IDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Iran To Assist Nigeria In Job Creation by crosbreaka: 4:47pm On Dec 19, 2016
Iran to assist Nigeria in job creation

Author: Nnenna Ibeh

Updated: 3 hours ago

Views: 11380

- The government of Iran has promised to assist Nigeria in creating jobs for her unemployed population

- Iran made the announcement through its ambassador to Nigeria Morteza Zarchi

- Zarchi said Iran will key into Nigeria’s effort in job creation through diverse cooperation in vocational skills acquisition programmes

[img]http://www.i.onthe.io/vllkyt60p6prejhng.d53a71a7.jpg[/img]

Iran has promised to assist Nigeria in creating jobs

The federal government has announced plans to collaborate with the government of Iran to provide jobs for unemployed Nigerians.

Over the weekend, the Islamic Republic of Iran offered to key into Nigeria’s effort in job creation through diverse cooperation in vocational skills acquisition programmes.

The minister of labour and productivity Chris Ngige while welcoming Morteza Zarchi, the Iranian Ambassador to Nigeria in his office said, the offer marks the beginning of a robust labour and job related relationship between the two countries.

Ngige in a statement signed by Samuel Olowookere, his deputy director of press, said the offer will boost the unwavering commitment of the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration to create job and fair labour practices in Nigeria.

He urged the Iranian Ambassador to relay the great opportunities of investment offered by the 2017 budget back home to the Iranian business community.

“Nigeria is an investment haven, a destination, contrary to publications in some international media. We have our challenges just like many other countries, but Nigeria is generally peaceful and investment friendly,” Ngige said.

“Having heard our President present the 2017 budget, I appeal to you to invite the Iranian business community, tell them about the friendly investment climate in Nigeria, ask them to exploit the fertile opportunities in our construction, manufacturing, agriculture, trade and even real estate.”

Ngige also called on the Iranian government to cooperate with Nigeria on International Labour Migration in order to make it possible for Nigerians with skills in various vocations to legally work in the country.

He said: “Nigeria was already working with the ILO in that direction.”

Also speaking Zarchi said he is confident in efforts made by Nigeria to steer her economy out of recession.

He also applauded steps taken by the Buhari administration in reducing unemployment in Nigeria.

“I am very happy that one of the most important issues raised by President Muhammadu Buhari in his budget speech was the creation of jobs in the country.

“I will be very happy that in these last days of 2016, I can raise up some issues concerning the joint co-operation between our two countries in this sector,” he said.

“I have made a lot of contacts with people coming from Nigeria, and with different relevant authorities on labour related matters.

I am very confident that through the exchange of views, we can activate some of these grounds. Iran is ready to create vocational skills centres in different cities in Nigeria and train those to be recruited. Some can travel to Iran for training in various vocational programmes which we run," he said.

Zarchi said Iran will assist in expanding job creation activities in Nigeria through the transfer of production and managerial skills as well as capital inflow to stimulate small and medium scale industries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0t9zrZHIPw

https://www.naij.com/1078323-iran-assist-nigeria-job-creation.html

CC: Seun Lalasticlala Mynd44

(1) (Reply)

Double Pay: Nigeria Spends N200bn On Senators, Minister Anually / Our Beloved Nigeria And Its Currency / "Era Of Mannerlesschildren"oyostategov Daughter,fires Protestinglautech Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.