Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,780 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

See Shocking Reason A Nigerian Player Dumped Nigeria For Haiti - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / See Shocking Reason A Nigerian Player Dumped Nigeria For Haiti (686 Views)

Slovenian Club Sacks Nigerian Player For Impregnating President’s Daughter / "I Am Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain" - Salwa Naser Who Won Medal In London / Iheanacho Becomes Most Expensive Nigerian Player After Man City Accept £24m Bid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

See Shocking Reason A Nigerian Player Dumped Nigeria For Haiti by Nobody: 10:36pm On Dec 19, 2016
A former top Nigerian player who dumped his nation to play for little-known Haiti, says he does not regret the decision despite not reaching the peak of his career.

Emmanuel Sarki was a contemporary of John Obi Mikel in the Golden Eaglets team that featured in the 2003 FIFA U-17 World Cup hosted by Finland.

While Mikel is on the verge of leading Nigeria to the 2018 World Cup having featured in the 2014 edition of the Mundial held in Brazil, Sarki, who at his peak was signed by Chelsea in 2006 has resigned to faith playing for little known, Haiti.

But the 28-year-old remains adamant, saying he has no regrets dumping Nigeria for Haiti.

He revealed the real reasons he abandoned Nigeria. In an interview published in the Scottish Sun, Sarki said he decided to snub Nigeria and play international football for Haiti instead because he got sick of being asked to pay up to £1,000 to play for the Super Eagles.

“I was told to pay before I am called up, that was when I was playing in Israel. I won’t mention the name of the coach,” he said.

“It was Efe Ambrose who gave me the contact of the coach after telling him of my form. I put a call across to him, but he told me to speak with his assistant, who openly asked me for money.

“A lot of friends asked me to pay the money, but the sum they were quoting was way more than what I can afford. I couldn’t pay it and despite my fine form, I wasn’t contacted again.”

Sarki, who was able play for the Flying Eagles, the Nigeria U-20 and also the U-23 team but he never fulfilled his dream with the Super Eagles, said it is a different ball game with the Haiti national team.

Re: See Shocking Reason A Nigerian Player Dumped Nigeria For Haiti by ybalogs(m): 10:52pm On Dec 19, 2016
That's so sad.

(1) (Reply)

40% Steady Income Monthly On Contibution .............no JOKE! / Bournemouth Vs Man City Today - See The Facts. / Mikel Obi Shares A Kiss With His Baby Mama Has She Arrives Back In China (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.