Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,242 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? (5095 Views)

While Man Was Suffering In Libya, His Wife Was Sleeping With A Married Man. PICS / Chat Between A Married Man And His Ex-Girlfriend / I Am Not Satisfied With Food, Money Without Sex – Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by dahmie2013: 7:47am On Dec 22, 2016
DarkRebel101:

Guys/Men do not think about sex all the time. Speak for yourself alone.

The research that claimed men think about sex every seven minutes got latterly debunked as a hoax. And men certainly do not become unfocused, moody, irritable, tense, impatient, or suffer physical pain for not having sex as you so claimed. Do you have scientific proof of this other than anecdotal narratives?

If anything, denying the body of the orgasmïc bliss of carnal pleasures keeps one's senses in the pink and awakeningly conscious.

Why do you think athletes abstain from sex while a sporting season is underway? Why do you think many of the World's greatest all took sabbaticals from sex before they made crucial inroads in their work? Abstinence from sex improves focus.

Lack of self-control and inactivity are what causes men to think about sex all the time. You forget an idle mind is the devil's chimney.
If a man has a job, an avocation, a pastime that keeps him preoccupied, wanting to have sex wouldn't be primal on his to-do list.

Plato once posited that humans have a tripartite soul. He said we have three sides to us:

I.) The logical side.

II.) The emotional/spirited side and,

III.) The appetitive side.

The appetitive side of course encompasses our desires to have sex, to eat, to cavort and frolic etc.

Plato went further to say that the quintessential man is one who has transcended the appetitive realm and taken residence at the core of the logical aspect of his/her personhood. He claimed those governed by their appetitive hankerings are beasts and are no different from pigs and goats.

You see, even as far back as the time of Plato, men with self-control abounded, and have always dwelled on a higher plane of existence unlike men who are viscerally-fain and whose sexual needs dictate the complexion of their lives.

The mind of a man is not in default mode to constantly think about sex. An atavistic trait no doubt, but men have evolved.
Wow! I love ur analysis! U're so bright & intelligent. Dis is spot on!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 22, 2016
dahmie2013:

Wow! I love ur analysis! U're so bright & intelligent. Dis is spot on!

I know right, he really is grin
Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by dhardline(m): 10:35am On Dec 22, 2016
DarkRebel101:

The research that claimed men think about sex every seven minutes got latterly debunked as a hoax. And men certainly do not become unfocused, moody, irritable, tense, impatient, or suffer physical pain for not having sex as you so claimed. Do you have scientific proof of this other than anecdotal narratives?

If anything, denying the body of the orgasmïc bliss of carnal pleasures keeps one's senses in the pink and awakeningly conscious.

Why do you think athletes abstain from sex while a sporting season is underway? Why do you think many of the World's greatest all took sabbaticals from sex before they made crucial inroads in their work? Abstinence from sex improves focus.

Lack of self-control and inactivity are what causes men to think about sex all the time. You forget an idle mind is the devil's chimney.
If a man has a job, an avocation, a pastime that keeps him preoccupied, wanting to have sex wouldn't be primal on his to-do list.

Plato once posited that humans have a tripartite soul. He said we have three sides to us:

I.) The logical side.

The appetitive side of course encompasses our desires to have sex, to eat, to cavort and frolic etc.

Plato went further to say that the quintessential man is one who has transcended the appetitive realm and taken residence at the core of the logical aspect of his/her personhood. He claimed those governed by their appetitive hankerings are beasts and are no different from pigs and goats.

You see, even as far back as the time of Plato, men with self-control abounded, and have always dwelled on a higher plane of existence unlike men who are viscerally-fain and whose sexual needs dictate the complexion of their lives.

The mind of a man is not in default mode to constantly think about sex. An atavistic trait no doubt, but men have evolved.

Amazing. smiley
Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by teemy(m): 11:06am On Dec 22, 2016
@topic, from the op's post the concern of the hubby is 'now that we are married must the suffering of abstinence continue?' i believe the woman's condition should be considered but weaponising it is going too far. isn't that your point jife?
Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by teemy(m): 11:12am On Dec 22, 2016
5minsmadness:

I am many things.
hi dude. i get your point on 'we are screwed both ways' if sensual passions do much for our wellbeing why withold it from your significant other? more sex = better bonding.

1 Like

Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by 5minsmadness: 12:30pm On Dec 22, 2016
teemy:
hi dude. i get your point on 'we are screwed both ways' if sensual passions do much for our wellbeing why withold it from your significant other? more sex = better bonding.
There you go.
Thanks for understanding.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 22, 2016
DarkRebel101:

Son. Men constantly think about sex, and become unfocused, moody, irritable, tense, impatient, or suffer physical pain for not having sex.
Sexually active men at least. It's like an addiction. Sure you can lay off for short periods, but cold turkey? Painful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 22, 2016
BoboYekini:
Son. Men constantly think about sex, and become unfocused, moody, irritable, tense, impatient, or suffer physical pain for not having sex.
Sexually active men at least. It's like an addiction. Sure you can lay off for short periods, but cold turkey? Painful.

Who is your son?

9 Likes

Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 22, 2016
lovelygurl:

I know right, he really is grin

If it isn't my level-headed German sherperd. grin
Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by pocohantas(f): 2:00pm On Dec 22, 2016
teemy:
hi dude. i get your point on 'we are screwed both ways' if sensual passions do much for our wellbeing why withhold it from your significant other? more sex = better bonding.
I have gone through the thread. I didn't see anything on withholding, where did you see such?

2 Likes

Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by teemy(m): 2:46pm On Dec 22, 2016
pocohantas:

I have gone through the thread. I didn't see anything on withholding, where did you see such?
several 'is sex food?' statements on the thread. based on bible stories sex is even a commandment from God with regards to populating the world. So just as an appetite for food is inane, so is desire.
Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 22, 2016
DarkRebel101:

If it isn't my level-headed German sherperd. grin

Lool grin
Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by YourCoffin: 1:53am On Dec 23, 2016
DarkRebel101:

I.) The logical side.

I don't know about all you wrote but I usually have waist and back pains anytime I haven't ejaculated for a long time. And some throbbings too on my groin. I also seem more focused after sex than without it.

And Plato's philosophy is outdated. Humans don't deny their impulsis. They embrace it. It's what makes us human

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by troy20(m): 9:34pm On Dec 23, 2016
Always on your side 5minmadness.trust me if more men where got easilly laid there would be less violence.

2 Likes

Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by kazyhm(m): 6:55pm On Dec 25, 2016
DarkRebel101:

I.) The logical side.

thanks so very very very much

what a relief

you made my day

in fact I won't read any further today

1 Like

Re: How Long Can A Married Man In His Thirties Stay Without Sex? by longman265: 11:29am On Sep 18, 2018
Sex definitely can heal a lot of things..... it just depends on how it's approached.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hubby Doesnt Communicate / My Husband Is Filing For Divorce / Dying In Shock! Never Knew That My Parents Are Not My Real Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.