Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,064 members, 7,863,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 05:22 AM

"We Were Atheists" -- Conversion Stories From Atheism To Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "We Were Atheists" -- Conversion Stories From Atheism To Christ (482 Views)

Thank God! Finally I Don Port! From Atheism To Jesus! Update* Conversion Story. / Pastor Adeboye Visits Samoa, Head Of State And Others Give Life To Christ / Lady Converts A Muslim Uber Driver & Leads Him To Christ. See Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"We Were Atheists" -- Conversion Stories From Atheism To Christ by PDBonline: 12:59am On Dec 20, 2016
Welcome cheesy

Please follow this Post as I provide links to and share the story of former atheists who later became Christians.

Please feel free to share your story too if it is about atheist turned Christian.
Re: "We Were Atheists" -- Conversion Stories From Atheism To Christ by PDBonline: 12:59am On Dec 20, 2016
My first story is that of Lee Strobel a former Chicago Tribune journalist whose wife was the first to be converted to Christianity from atheism.

"I thought that the mere concept of an all-loving, all-powerful, all-knowing Creator of the universe was absurd. I thought that God didn't create people, but people created God because they were afraid of death — so they invented this idea of Heaven. Those were the kind of thoughts that I had," he says. "I was hostile toward Christianity."

However, after his wife's conversion, he began to search for answers in the Bible and interviews of other christians of what was so powerful to change his wife for the better after her conversion.

It was this search that led him to Christ.

Read the interview he granted ChristianPost here: http://www.christianpost.com/news/ex-atheist-lee-strobel-my-wifes-conversion-to-christianity-nearly-led-to-divorce-interview-170581/ "

1 Like

Re: "We Were Atheists" -- Conversion Stories From Atheism To Christ by PDBonline: 10:17am On Dec 20, 2016
Philip Vander Elst was born to and raised in a family where both parents had no faith in the existence of God. He said:

Growing up in a non-Christian family with intellectually gifted but unbelieving parents, I used to think that belief in God and the supernatural had been discredited by the advance of science, and was incompatible with liberty. Religious faith seemed to me to involve the blind worship of a cosmic dictator, and the abandonment of reason in favour of ‘revelation’. Why, in any case, should I take religion seriously, I thought, when the existence of evil and suffering clearly discredited the Christian claim that our world owed its existence to a benevolent Creator?

But he wouldn't brush aside the writings of C.S. Lewis who had graduated with a Triple First Class Honours in Classics, Philosophy, and English; who also experienced great suffering from childhood and was equally an atheist turned Christian.

Read about the journey of Philip Vander Elst from atheism to the Way he once despised. Follow the link below.
http://www.bethinking.org/is-christianity-true/from-atheism-to-christianity-a-personal-journey

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Exposed After Using Chemicals To Perform Miracle (video) / God Send Snakes To Bite Israelites / The Shadows That Turned Out To Be Nothing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.