Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,011 members, 7,859,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 03:43 PM

Is God A Respecter Of Mans Tradition? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is God A Respecter Of Mans Tradition? (927 Views)

April Fool; A Dishonest Tradition / 1st Class And 2.1 Is The Best Grade. 2.2 Is God's Grace Anythng Else Ur On Ur Own. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is God A Respecter Of Mans Tradition? by peeceelove(m): 4:45pm On Jan 10, 2007
pls guys i am new in the house and would love to share this topic with u all. so many people are confusing tradition and religion and this is really not helping matters in the world today. some people will tell you that god will respect them in carrying out there own religious belife but on the other hand is god pleased with such acts? example guy marriage, there by making the immoral values of yesterday to be the moral value of today. guys your answers will go a long way to help me.
Re: Is God A Respecter Of Mans Tradition? by ezeking(m): 6:46pm On Jan 15, 2007
Whaat i know is that they are some traditions of men that God will respect. if that traditional practices does not violate any of His will or Word, He will respect it and work with that tradition. But God will always respect man's tradition especially when it becomes a law of the land. God is no breaker of laws even when those traditions does not agree with Him; so in that respect He "respect" that tradition even while disagreeing with it. But God shall bypass any tradition of men to do what He wants to do despite what man thinks of it because He is God and u cannot question Him!!! Especially when such practices has made His Word inactive or has mad ethe Word of God of no effect. I hope u understand this.
Re: Is God A Respecter Of Mans Tradition? by peeceelove(m): 10:28am On Jan 17, 2007
ezeking i disagree with you with respect to the fact that God will respect the laws of the land, do you feel God is pleased with the traditions of the igbo's with respect to the OSU CAST SYSTEM? cos OSU is a strong Myth in the Igbo land and today if you are an Osu, you are an out cast. Is such law accepted? knowing fully well that we are all one in the sight of God.
Re: Is God A Respecter Of Mans Tradition? by ezeking(m): 11:05am On Jan 22, 2007
Peacelover or whatever u call urself u are just being blindly critical. Did u at all read what i said b4 u decided to deride me. did i not say that God will respect man's tradition when it conforms to HIS WILL. did i not say that. If OSU or whatever u call it conforms to Gods will, then God can respect it. IF not then GOD wont. What is so difficult for u to understand here. please say something better abeg instead of causing confusion here.
Re: Is God A Respecter Of Mans Tradition? by ezeking(m): 11:30am On Jan 22, 2007
In Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba lands, they are traditions that SERIOUSLY violates Gods laws and HIS WORD. THe fact that those LAWS violates HIs laws does not mean that they dont exist or that they are not practiced. If u take a critical look at the constitution of Nigeria, u find out that the moslems that enacted the Sharia laws is backed by the constitution. This is as a result of the distortions in the constitution.
U and i know that they are some isuess in the sharia system that infringes on human rights especially for women. Because those issues have become laws and are entrenched into their system, if u break them because u think God does not support them, u will find out sooner than later that u are on ur own. u,ll pay for. That is what i mean when i said that God respects mans traditions when that tradition have become the norm even though they violtaes His laws. God is not a breaker of human laws. Instead He operates ABOVE those laws because GOD HIMSELF is the TRUE LAW by whom all other laws are weighed, whether u believe it or not. That is what Jesus came to do and has shown us a more higher laws , SPIRITUAL laws that is above other laws.
Did u think that those that wanted to stone the woman caught in adultery was stupid to let that woman leave when Jesus gave them a more superior way of looking at it. They had to bow to the teaching of Jesus because it is a matter that all of them in their heart. If not, that woman deserves to die because it is written that any person caught in adultery shld die, period.
Re: Is God A Respecter Of Mans Tradition? by peeceelove(m): 11:41am On Jan 22, 2007
ezeking i got you right, why use an harsh tone in your first reply, i expected this forum to be one to learn not to abuse or DIS an individual. well all the same thanks for your reply.

(1) (Reply)

Alert! Diamond Bank / Urgent, Diamondbank Test Format / Whats Up With Nigcomsat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.