Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,954 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

You Will Not Believe Why This Guy Dropped Out Of College Despite Having 4.0 GPA - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / You Will Not Believe Why This Guy Dropped Out Of College Despite Having 4.0 GPA (3948 Views)

Timi Adelakun Breaks South Broward School's Records With A Record-Setting GPA / First Year Semester GPA Of 0.2, I Need A First Class. Am on Verge Of Giving Up. / Tell Us How You Got A Fully Funded Scholarship With A Less Than 4.0 GPA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Will Not Believe Why This Guy Dropped Out Of College Despite Having 4.0 GPA by DJBIGGY(m): 7:26am On Dec 20, 2016
This is Billy Wilson who schools in Kansas State University. He has resorted into dropping out of school in his first year, despite getting a total of 4.0 GPA in his first semester.

He used social media to explain his reasons for going to that length and it is quite philosophic in his reasons.

Read below

"Now that i've finished my first semester I think it's safe to say... F*CK COLLEGE.
Now before all you of you go batshit crazy... i have a few points to make

1. Yes I have dropped out after finishing my first semester (with a 4.0 GPA). And it's one of the best choices I've ever made. Not because I am adverse to learning, but actually the exact opposite.

2. YOU ARE BEING SCAMMED. You may not see it today or tomorrow, but you will see it some day. Heck you may have already seen it if you've been through college. You are being put thousands into debt to learn things you will never even use. Wasting 4 years of your life to be stuck at a paycheck that grows slower than the rate of inflation. Paying $200 for a $6 textbook. Being taught by teacher's who have never done what they're teaching. Average income has increased 5x over the last 40 years while cost of college has increased 18x. You're spending thousands of dollars to learn information you won't ever even use just to get a piece of paper. I once even had an engineer tell me "I learned more in my first 30 days working than in my 5 years of college." What does that tell you about this system? There are about a million more ways you're being scammed into this.. just watch the video i'm gonna comment if you want to see more.

3. Colleges are REQUIRING people to spend money taking gen. ed. courses to learn about the quadratic formula (and other shit they will never use) when they could be giving classes on MARRIAGE and HOW TO DO YOUR TAXES.

4. Gosh there are so many more reasons I could add, but just comment if you disagree or have reasons to add. I'd love to add to the discussion. TAG a friend in college, Tag your parents, share this if you agree, disagree. Let's just talk about it. Heck post a picture of yourself flipping off something you think is unjust in our society. #F*ckInjustice"

http://www.olamzy.com/2016/12/fck-college-you-will-not-believe-why.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Will Not Believe Why This Guy Dropped Out Of College Despite Having 4.0 GPA by Elkay3: 7:33am On Dec 20, 2016
OK.
Re: You Will Not Believe Why This Guy Dropped Out Of College Despite Having 4.0 GPA by ojun50(m): 7:42am On Dec 20, 2016
Well well well i no go blame d guy oh

1 Like

Re: You Will Not Believe Why This Guy Dropped Out Of College Despite Having 4.0 GPA by herzern(m): 7:54am On Dec 20, 2016
His villaqe witches have finally succeeded

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Will Not Believe Why This Guy Dropped Out Of College Despite Having 4.0 GPA by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 20, 2016
He wants to be a self-made genius. . . no yawa, there are so many avenues to learn in the US. I can relate to the fact that tertiary education is overhyped, especially in a country like Nigeria where people expect a bus driver to be a graduate. Uni isn't for everyone, but it's not right to say f*ck college. . . some people have way too much to learn there. Can he allow a drop-out medical doctor operate on him? grin grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Will Not Believe Why This Guy Dropped Out Of College Despite Having 4.0 GPA by FreeSpirited: 9:23am On Dec 20, 2016
I think he's right...not everyone can contend with the fact of being cheated.

1 Like

Re: You Will Not Believe Why This Guy Dropped Out Of College Despite Having 4.0 GPA by kilojoDesigns: 9:37am On Dec 20, 2016
the thing about life is, know what you want to do with it.
and make progress in that respect.
he needs to see Nigerian universities to know where the real scam is.

but I applaud him. I also applaud those who spent years in biased system just to get a certificate, so far as its all in line with your final goal then ride on.

4 Likes

Re: You Will Not Believe Why This Guy Dropped Out Of College Despite Having 4.0 GPA by Radiohead6(f): 10:05am On Dec 20, 2016
Kiyosakis advice best decision ever
Re: You Will Not Believe Why This Guy Dropped Out Of College Despite Having 4.0 GPA by onward4life(m): 10:14am On Dec 20, 2016
Radiohead6:
Kiyosakis advice best decision ever

Yes he is right.
Remember he is white.
An African cannot say same or else
They label him a thug.

Even yu Nigerians know what it mean to call someone a drop out
Anything happens in that area na certainly

JUNGLE JUSTICE.!!

4 Likes

Re: You Will Not Believe Why This Guy Dropped Out Of College Despite Having 4.0 GPA by Radiohead6(f): 10:21am On Dec 20, 2016
onward4life:

Yes he is right.
Remember he is white.
An African cannot say same or else
They label him a thug.

Even yu Nigerians know what it mean to call someone a drop out
Anything happens in that area na certainly

JUNGLE JUSTICE.!!
you do have a point but,Remember Drop outs in Nigeria are not only the richest, but also the most influential no need I state names you already,know a few !dropping out of school isn't the worst that could happen DEATH is
Re: You Will Not Believe Why This Guy Dropped Out Of College Despite Having 4.0 GPA by win10(m): 11:24am On Dec 20, 2016
Hey have seen this robotic pocket printer? if not read this:

Meet the world's first robotic pocket printer
http://www.techeda.com/meet-the-worlds-first-mini-robotic-pocket-printer/
Re: You Will Not Believe Why This Guy Dropped Out Of College Despite Having 4.0 GPA by fernandoc(m): 11:30am On Dec 20, 2016
I hope he doesn't commit suicide when things don't work out the way he hopes.
Re: You Will Not Believe Why This Guy Dropped Out Of College Despite Having 4.0 GPA by LordIsaac(m): 11:30am On Dec 20, 2016
A question for Nigerian students: if someone gives you 10 billion naira today, would you still continue with your Jamb and your degree? If no, then you have no business being in the University. Learn a trade!

2 Likes

Re: You Will Not Believe Why This Guy Dropped Out Of College Despite Having 4.0 GPA by onward4life(m): 11:32am On Dec 20, 2016
Radiohead6:
you do have a point but,Remember Drop outs in Nigeria are not only the richest, but also the most influential no need I state names you already,know a few !dropping out of school isn't the worst that could happen DEATH is

We say we are one.
Buy they(whites) treat us differently. If he was to b an African yu and me would say mami water @work.
But his destiny is not even altered no fear of the future.

But here in Africa destiny is altered. The govt makes sure we turn against God. And worship them.

Our education here is chain pain staking
I read banking and the only time am in a bank is queuing to get cash while the teller read history!

1 Like

Re: You Will Not Believe Why This Guy Dropped Out Of College Despite Having 4.0 GPA by faruku104(m): 12:10pm On Dec 20, 2016
Different strokes for different folks..... Lalasticlala ooo
Re: You Will Not Believe Why This Guy Dropped Out Of College Despite Having 4.0 GPA by eitsei(m): 12:46pm On Dec 20, 2016
Now that he drops out, what does he intend to do after that? What's my own sef undecided only the end justify the means
Re: You Will Not Believe Why This Guy Dropped Out Of College Despite Having 4.0 GPA by ArcherPrime(m): 1:17pm On Dec 20, 2016
Life is actually meaningless and we humans are trying so hard to make a little meaning in a meaningless world.... those books, textbooks was written by someone, laws created by someone, and so on... truth is enjoy life and make a reasonable meaning of your own world in how you see fit... DONT WASTE IT!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: You Will Not Believe Why This Guy Dropped Out Of College Despite Having 4.0 GPA by MicroBox: 1:25pm On Dec 20, 2016
No be lie .. especially for practicing Engineers.

Re: You Will Not Believe Why This Guy Dropped Out Of College Despite Having 4.0 GPA by babyfaceafrica: 1:25pm On Dec 20, 2016
He has a point,even seun dropped out despite being one of the best in engineering faculty in OAU,and he is making money even profs dream about...live your life as you wish...the end always justifies the means!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Will Not Believe Why This Guy Dropped Out Of College Despite Having 4.0 GPA by Dapsonemmanuel(m): 2:04pm On Dec 20, 2016
Good investment right .... Agree with the niggi

Meanwhile ..who knows if lautech has given us a resumltion date
Re: You Will Not Believe Why This Guy Dropped Out Of College Despite Having 4.0 GPA by Agimor(m): 2:09pm On Dec 20, 2016
It's really not about your certificate but it's all about what you got to offer aside your certificate. And that I what sets you apart.
Re: You Will Not Believe Why This Guy Dropped Out Of College Despite Having 4.0 GPA by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 20, 2016
Right. I disdain self righteous fu.ckers like this.....

Those who have a plan to go on and do something huge after school rarely waste time stirring up media furor.
Re: You Will Not Believe Why This Guy Dropped Out Of College Despite Having 4.0 GPA by ednut1(m): 2:41pm On Dec 20, 2016
stop comparing goat with dog, stop comparing usa with nigeria

1 Like

Re: You Will Not Believe Why This Guy Dropped Out Of College Despite Having 4.0 GPA by ayaside(m): 3:37pm On Dec 20, 2016
Not everyone understands this guy.I do.

2 Likes

Re: You Will Not Believe Why This Guy Dropped Out Of College Despite Having 4.0 GPA by accountbalance: 3:51pm On Dec 20, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
He has a point,even seun dropped out despite being one of the best in engineering faculty in OAU,and he is making money even profs dream about...live your life as you wish...the end always justifies the means!!!

I had to Google what you just said and found out it was true. School is just a waste of time after all, if you truly know where you are headed.

1 Like

Re: You Will Not Believe Why This Guy Dropped Out Of College Despite Having 4.0 GPA by UIA04(f): 5:10pm On Dec 20, 2016
T

Na mouthh

Whatever u choosee to do make the Best of it
Re: You Will Not Believe Why This Guy Dropped Out Of College Despite Having 4.0 GPA by crackhouse(m): 9:07pm On Dec 20, 2016
Did he really Bleep school? Awwww, my teacher won't like this pic.
Re: You Will Not Believe Why This Guy Dropped Out Of College Despite Having 4.0 GPA by DozieInc(m): 12:02am On Dec 21, 2016
kilojoDesigns:
the thing about life is, know what you want to do with it.
and make progress in that respect.
he needs to see Nigerian universities to know where the real scam is.

but I applaud him. I also applaud those who spent years in biased system just to get a certificate, so far as its all in line with your final goal then ride on.
Re: You Will Not Believe Why This Guy Dropped Out Of College Despite Having 4.0 GPA by MOG15: 2:48am On Dec 21, 2016
well I feel his reasons are not justifiable, if u want to be truly respected in life, u can't just drop out of schl, u acquire d knowledge & use ur God- given brain to apply it
Re: You Will Not Believe Why This Guy Dropped Out Of College Despite Having 4.0 GPA by MOG15: 2:55am On Dec 21, 2016
not every body is lucky, just dropping out of school & trying to explore may in the long run get back at u
Re: You Will Not Believe Why This Guy Dropped Out Of College Despite Having 4.0 GPA by adebayo201: 4:34am On Dec 21, 2016
SirWere:
Right. I disdain self righteous fu.ckers like this.....

Those who have a plan to go on and do something huge after school rarely waste time stirring up media furor.
*thumbs up* e.g Mark Z, Thomas Edison, even our own Seun!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unilorin Post Utme Cut Off Mark For 2010/2011 / Bayelsa State College Of Education Nce/b.ed Programme / 2,000 Fake Teachers Uncovered In Kaduna Public Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.