Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,919 members, 7,821,217 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

We Want A New Buddhist Childboard! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / We Want A New Buddhist Childboard! (899 Views)

Mssn Unilag: All We Want Is Peace / Shocking Video!!! Buddhist Monk Who Sits In A Pot Of Boiling Oil To Meditate / I Want A Fight With Pendo! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Want A New Buddhist Childboard! by Hanoobaba(m): 10:13pm On Nov 16, 2009
I've had enough of the bullshit that is going on in this religion section. Where some people come out openly to glorify the slaughter and massacre of innocent lives. This section which is supposed to be a haven for spiritual enlightenment has been turned into a senseless battle ground of so called Christians and Muslims who make unguarded and senseless statements about themselves.
I would like to urge the site administrator, to please create a new child board for Buddhists. Maybe those idiots would hold their peace and get some sense into their thick skulls when they see how we Buddhists are behaving.
Re: We Want A New Buddhist Childboard! by PastorAIO: 10:47pm On Nov 16, 2009
I'm a honorary buddhist. I will support you in that cause.

Namaste

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Want A New Buddhist Childboard! by Nobody: 1:48am On Nov 17, 2009
great idea.

create a buddhist board or thread- maybe all the atheists and those having sleepless nights over religion will finally find their nirvana.

the extremist can also preach there with more verily.

so far there hasnt been any showdown with the buddhists.
Re: We Want A New Buddhist Childboard! by Hanoobaba(m): 10:42am On Nov 17, 2009
Pastor AIO:

I'm a honorary buddhist.  I will support you in that cause.

Namaste
Thank you, they need more people like you in this section.
@tpia: I'm not looking for any confrontation with anybody or any sect or any religion. I just want a board where buddhist can discuss spiritual truth without any distraction from anybody.
Re: We Want A New Buddhist Childboard! by agathamari(f): 2:03pm On Nov 17, 2009
agreed or at least one for "alternative" religions like buddhism. somewher for the non christian/mulim religious people to go without having thier views attacked and being told they are evil or demonds
Re: We Want A New Buddhist Childboard! by Hanoobaba(m): 4:23pm On Nov 17, 2009
angry And why should this thread be moved to this section?
Re: We Want A New Buddhist Childboard! by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 17, 2009
Hanoobaba:

Thank you, they need more people like you in this section.
@tpia: I'm not looking for any confrontation with anybody or any sect or any religion. I just want a board where buddhist can discuss spiritual truth without any distraction from anybody.

ok!

start a thread on buddhism in the religion section while you're waiting for your childboard.

since you say you want to show the rest of us how to discuss religion in a quiet manner.

we all want to learn from you so go ahead.

ask the moderator to ban or delete any "detractor" who ventures into there.
Re: We Want A New Buddhist Childboard! by AKO1(m): 6:46pm On Nov 17, 2009
Hanoobaba:

angry And why should this thread be moved to this section?

Because all threads about the forum/members/mods belong here. If you still have a problem e-mail the mod of this section.

tpia.:

ok!

start a thread on buddhism in the religion section while you're waiting for your childboard.

since you say you want to show the rest of us how to discuss religion in a quiet manner.

we all want to learn from you so go ahead.

ask the moderator to ban or delete any "detractor" who ventures into there.

Exactly. I doubt you will get a childboard, there is much more representation with other religions right now. A thread will be perfect for now and we (mods) will try our best to keep it clean for you guys.
Re: We Want A New Buddhist Childboard! by Nobody: 6:23am On Nov 18, 2009
and while you're at it can someone create a section for ogaga and his satanist converts.

the guy is going gaga as usual all over the christian section while as typically happens, dare not set foot in the muslim section. Or if he does, merely wishes them good day and serves them doughnuts and coffee.
Re: We Want A New Buddhist Childboard! by donjon: 11:51am On Nov 18, 2009
Datz true!
Re: We Want A New Buddhist Childboard! by donjon: 11:54am On Nov 18, 2009
Datz true!
Re: We Want A New Buddhist Childboard! by viaro: 8:34pm On Nov 19, 2009
Hanoobaba:
I would like to urge the site administrator, to please create a new child board for Buddhists. Maybe those idiots would hold their peace and get some sense into their thick skulls when they see how we Buddhists are behaving.

Pardon me, but truth hurts - as long as your finger is pointing elsewhere and not to yourself. Your OP is crap talk and very pretentious. When you address others as "those idiots", one already sees how you Buddhists are behaving indeed! There's a saying that most people try to market their product only by defaming and pointing accusing fingers at others - which is how I see your intro to Buddhist behaviour.

Nairaland is a funny place, really. I'm just wondering that the moderator A_K_O plays along with this cosmetic circus. Please allow viaro to talk, and then you can go on the rampage and vex all you want . . afterall, others are addressed as "those idiots"! While I'm with tpia's opinion that the OP should 'ask the moderator to ban or delete any "detractor" who ventures into there', it leaves me wondering whether A_K_O's agreement with "Exactly" is tacitly saying that one is not to present rational and objective criticism on Buddhism where need be. Islam, Christianity, Grail Message, and even ATHEISM have all been debated, questioned, detracted, and left limp. Why is Buddhism going to be given a special barracks from the same exposure?

Guys, I'm not calling for spoilers. But if there's room for balance, I don't see how anyone would want to get away cheaply with an OP that has demonstrated the lunacy of seeing other people's idiocy and yet having the nerve to be self-congratulatory with "when they see how we Buddhists are behaving". No human endeavour (especially world views) are so water-tight that they cannot have any holes to be exploited. If the OP is afraid of the holes in Buddhism, we can well sympathise with that already, nevermind how he addresses others.

In fact, I get a sickening feeling reading this repetitive display of "others" are idiots but "we" are brilliant!
Re: We Want A New Buddhist Childboard! by AKO1(m): 11:59pm On Nov 19, 2009
viaro:

Nairaland is a funny place, really. I'm just wondering that the moderator A_K_O plays along with this cosmetic circus. Please allow viaro to talk, and then you can go on the rampage and vex all you want . . afterall, others are addressed as "those idiots"! While I'm with tpia's opinion that the OP should 'ask the moderator to ban or delete any "detractor" who ventures into there', it leaves me wondering whether A_K_O's agreement with "Exactly" is tacitly saying that one is not to present rational and objective criticism on Buddhism where need be. Islam, Christianity, Grail Message, and even ATHEISM have all been debated, questioned, detracted, and left limp. Why is Buddhism going to be given a special barracks from the same exposure?

Please re-read my post. You will notice that I spoke of a "thread", and I see a separate childboard as unnecessary and unrealistic.

There are threads that are given the same 'protection' that I described. Anyone is free to openly, constructively and politely criticize another religion on the main child board. It is impossible to give the Buddhists a space where they can talk about their religion without any criticism. However if they so desire it as this thread indicates, I think it is only fair that they at least get a thread; after all the Christians have their own. This is not a formal rule of the forum, it is just my discretion and I stand to be duly corrected.
Re: We Want A New Buddhist Childboard! by viaro: 12:49am On Nov 20, 2009
@A_K_O
A_K_O:

Please re-read my post. You will notice that I spoke of a "thread", and I see a separate childboard as unnecessary and unrealistic.

I read your post the first time and got what you said. Nonetheless, I followed your advice and re-read it - still found nothing new. I'm not trying to be funny here; but I think perhaps you didn't get my gist at all. In a nutshell, I was following from tpia's and stated that "I'm with tpia's opinion" on the one hand, while questioning the grounds of your tacit "Exactly" in quoting tpia's. It was not matters about a 'childboard' that is of concern, be that as it may: it's a given that won't happen.

However, while I think some of the mods are doing a great job, this deference towards Buddhism raises some wonder. I don't know if any of the mods expressed similar sentiments as "we (mods) will try our best to keep it clean for you guys" towards Christian threads - it just seems as though everyone was happy to help them get bogged with all sorts.

That's just by the way. Muslims have a childboard, but Christians don't have that privilege. And if others clamour for their exclusive childboards at some point, where's that going to lead? I think the first mistake Nairaland made was make this unnecessary dichotomy of an exclusive childboard for Muslims and damn the rest into one ocean of "Religion" section.
Re: We Want A New Buddhist Childboard! by mamagee3(f): 2:04am On Nov 20, 2009
My God, what kind of question is this? angry angry angry undecided
Re: We Want A New Buddhist Childboard! by Hanoobaba(m): 4:54pm On Nov 20, 2009
viaro:

I think the first mistake Nairaland made was make this unnecessary dichotomy of an exclusive childboard for Muslims and damn the rest into one ocean of "Religion" section.
Exactly my point, how come the muslims have their own exclusive childboard where no one else can venture into. And at the same time spew rubbish in threads started by christians for christians. I'm sure i'm not the only buddhist but how can I start a thread when I know it will be derailed by some people. Even christians will be discouraged from starting new threads. Okay i'm going to start a new thread where buddhist can show themselves and I hope A_K_O the mod will keep to his promise by deleting offensive post on the thread. I'm taking a deep breath now.
Re: We Want A New Buddhist Childboard! by Sissy3(f): 5:57am On Nov 22, 2009
give Buddhist a childboard, huddhist would want their own, plant and tree worshipers would demand their own, so would ants worshipers.

do one and leave the other, it turns to claims of favoritism and discrimination.

(1) (Reply)

Is A BJ Infidelity / Are You Living Or Existing. / 'miracle Baby' Born Outside Of Womb (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.