Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,392 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

China Returns Seized Underwater Drone To US - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / China Returns Seized Underwater Drone To US (2152 Views)

Teodorin Nguema Obiang's Seized Supercars Sold For ₦10 Billion (Pictures) / Missing Florida Woman Found Inside Her Car After 9months Underwater(Pics) / Tearful Obama - Ordered His Faithful Safety Drone To Go Back - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

China Returns Seized Underwater Drone To US by Bsc(m): 12:11pm On Dec 20, 2016
China has returned an underwater drone seized from the United States in the South China Sea after the incident sparked a dispute between the global superpowers.
The handover of the small unmanned vehicle to the US was "completed smoothly" after "friendly consultations" between both sides, China's defence ministry said in a short statement on its website on Tuesday.
The "naval glider" was used to test water salinity and temperatures to help in the mapping of underwater channels, a US defence official had said, adding "it was taken" by China in international waters off Subic Bay last week.
The Chinese navy vessel that seized the drone returned it near the location where it had been taken, US Pentagon press secretary Peter Cook said in a statement issued late Monday.

China said it snatched the equipment because it posed a safety hazard to other vessels. It also said it "strongly opposed" US reconnaissance in the South China Sea and asked Washington to stop surveillance activities.

US president-elect Donald Trump also waded into the dispute. On Sunday, after Beijing and Washington announced it would be returned, Trump tweeted: "We should tell China that we don't want the drone they stole back - let them keep it!"

The US military has conducted several "freedom of navigation" operations in the South China Sea, in which ships and planes have passed close to the sites Beijing claims.
Such missions have drawn howls of fury from China, which accuses Washington of provocation and increasing the risk of a military mishap.

The vessel's seizure comes amid rising tensions in the South China Sea, where China has moved to fortify its claims to the region by building tiny reefs into artificial islands. New satellite imagery made public by a US-based think-tank last week showed that China installed what appeared to be large anti-aircraft guns and close-in weapons systems on seven islets in the Spratly Islands chain.

Source http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/12/china-returns-seized-underwater-drone-161220062211608.html

Re: China Returns Seized Underwater Drone To US by Atiku2019: 12:27pm On Dec 20, 2016
Cool
Re: China Returns Seized Underwater Drone To US by seunny4lif(m): 12:28pm On Dec 20, 2016
grin grin
China don copy am finish
I'm sure grin grin grin
USA and double standard grin grin
Make US try am with Russia grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: China Returns Seized Underwater Drone To US by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 20, 2016
1.) The "naval glider" was used to test water salinity and temperatures to help in the mapping of underwater channels, a US defence official had said,

If you want to test water salinity and temperatures; you can do that in Hawai, Florida or New York - and not in another Country's international waters - Awon Oloshii Oniro grin

2.) Trump tweeted: "We should tell China that we don't want the drone they stole back - let them keep it!"

E be like say Trump's head no wan correct. grin

I expect China to “mass-produce” the nonsense drone and begin sales to Afrika by the 1st quarter of 2017. grin cheesy grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: China Returns Seized Underwater Drone To US by seunny4lif(m): 3:25pm On Dec 20, 2016
wink cheesy
Zoharariel:
1.) The "naval glider" was used to test water salinity and temperatures to help in the mapping of underwater channels, a US defence official had said,

If you want to test water salinity and temperatures; you can do that in Hawai, Florida or New York - and not in another Country's international waters - Awon Oloshii Oniro grin

2.) Trump tweeted: "We should tell China that we don't want the drone they stole back - let them keep it!"

E be like say Trump's head no wan correct. grin

I expect China to “mass-produce” the nonsense drone and begin sales to Afrika by the 1st quarter of 2017. grin cheesy grin
Overrated drone just like thier overrated jets
Waiting for made in China cheesy grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: China Returns Seized Underwater Drone To US by cstr17: 12:32pm On Dec 21, 2016
seunny4lif:
wink cheesy
Overrated drone just like thier overrated jets
Waiting for made in China cheesy grin
Bad belle.
If you so trust Chinese drones, then why are you guys waiting for them to copy superior American intellectual property.
I am sure if I give you a choice between an American Apple phone and a Chinese tecno phone, your big mouth will choose the apple phone.
olodo.
Besides, there is no need to wait. Your yeye country already uses Chinese drones as crappy as they are cheesy.
Re: China Returns Seized Underwater Drone To US by seunny4lif(m): 12:42pm On Dec 21, 2016
grin grin grin
If I slap now kooo grin grin
Ole grin grin grin
Overrated drone caught grin like that grin grin
Yet they spend 2B dollars on it and a Chinese navy ship of 100M dollars get 1B drone like that grin grin ;
cstr17:
Bad belle.
If you so trust Chinese drones, then why are you guys waiting for them to copy superior American intellectual property.
I am sure if I give you a choice between an American Apple phone and a Chinese tecno phone, your big mouth will choose the apple phone.
olodo.
Besides, there is no need to wait. Your yeye country already uses Chinese drones as crappy as they are cheesy.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: China Returns Seized Underwater Drone To US by cstr17: 1:53pm On Dec 21, 2016
seunny4lif:
grin grin grin
If I slap now kooo grin grin
Ole grin grin grin
Overrated drone caught grin like that grin grin
Yet they spend 2B dollars on it [/b]and a Chinese navy ship of 100M dollars get 1B drone like that grin grin ;
[b]You are obviously high. Technological ingenuity that America churns out daily comes at a cost. The cost of revolutionary research and devt.
Go and tell your china to stop copying western technology. Let them go and spend dollars in breaking new grounds, and see if the technology they like to copy is cheap.
They should build their own stuffs and sell as usual to backward nations like Nigeria.
Even with how inexpensive their chinese stuff are, the US is still by far the largest exporter of weapons in the world.
The biggest and most developed nations in the world trust and use American weapons. China can produce a million cheap knock-offs, they would remain a mere jest.
I see you did not answer my post regarding Apple and tecno phone. That is because the difference is clear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: China Returns Seized Underwater Drone To US by seunny4lif(m): 1:57pm On Dec 21, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
America Zombies can never change grin grin grin grin grin
Even Nigeria is more secure than your US cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin
cstr17:
You are obviously high. Technological ingenuity that America churns out daily comes at a cost. The cost of revolutionary research and devt.
Go and tell your china to stop copying western technology. Let them go and spend dollars in breaking new grounds, and see if the technology they like to copy is cheap.
They should build their own stuffs and sell as usual to backward nations like Nigeria.
Even with how inexpensive their chinese stuff are, the US is still by far the largest exporter of weapons in the world.
The biggest and most developed nations in the world trust and use American weapons. China can produce a million cheap knock-offs, they would remain a mere jest.
I see you did not answer my post regarding Apple and tecno phone. That is because the difference is clear.

1 Like

Re: China Returns Seized Underwater Drone To US by cstr17: 1:59pm On Dec 21, 2016
seunny4lif:
Even Nigeria is more secure than your US cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin
Yeah right.
Even texas has more arms to defend themselves and their state than Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: China Returns Seized Underwater Drone To US by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 21, 2016
cstr17:

Terrorist, sit down and watch the video below grin cheesy grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAKxOvG5oD4

1 Like

Re: China Returns Seized Underwater Drone To US by blueAgent(m): 8:09pm On Dec 21, 2016
seunny4lif:

Is like The Bush were you are typing this trash from,has not been cut for like 10yrs running.
Re: China Returns Seized Underwater Drone To US by blueAgent(m): 8:10pm On Dec 21, 2016
cstr17:
You are obviously high. Technological ingenuity that America churns out daily comes at a cost. The cost of revolutionary research and devt.

Tell this Clowns.America does not have age mate not even China and Japan put together.
Re: China Returns Seized Underwater Drone To US by blueAgent(m): 8:10pm On Dec 21, 2016
seunny4lif:

Is like The Bush were you are typing this trash from,has not been cut for like 10yrs running.
Re: China Returns Seized Underwater Drone To US by blueAgent(m): 8:13pm On Dec 21, 2016
cstr17:
Yeah right.
Even texas has more arms to defend themselves and their state than Nigeria.

And Texas alone has an Economy, twice larger than his poohole Nigeria
Re: China Returns Seized Underwater Drone To US by OAUTemitayo: 5:37am On Dec 22, 2016
cstr17:
Mumu, America copied Arab numerals, Africa Cesarian section and many other things.
What about the stolen technologies from Nazi Germany?
Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: China Returns Seized Underwater Drone To US by cstr19: 9:25am On Dec 22, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Mumu, America copied Arab numerals, Africa Cesarian section and [/b]many other things.
What about the stolen technologies from Nazi Germany?
Nonsense!
[b]You are joking right?
no be only arab numerals. cheesy
Go and tell saudi-arabia to use their numerals to build their own fighter jets instead of pressuring the US for more F-16s.
And no, the US did not steal NAZI tech. Some of their best tech minds immigrated to the US just like it still happens today.
Why do you think the US created the visa lottery system? cheesy
There is no stealing here.
The US is the one creating the viable environment and doing the heavy funding of ground-breaking science and tech research.
China just copies it cheaply. Even Russia is scared of selling to china.
Re: China Returns Seized Underwater Drone To US by romme2u: 1:33am On Dec 24, 2016
cstr19:
You are joking right?
no be only arab numerals. cheesy
Go and tell saudi-arabia to use their numerals to build their own fighter jets instead of pressuring the US for more F-16s.
And no, the US did not steal NAZI tech. Some of their best tech minds immigrated to the US just like it still happens today.
Why do you think the US created the visa lottery system? cheesy
There is no stealing here.
The US is the one creating the viable environment and doing the heavy funding of ground-breaking science and tech research.
China just copies it cheaply. [s]Even Russia is scared of selling to china[/s].

Russia is not scared of selling to China. Russia was china's major weapon supplier (specifically tanks, jets and missiles) before and during the cold war before China started manufacturing weapons. moreover Moscow just deliver some battalions of S-400 system to Beijing recently.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Top Strongest Militaries In The World 2022 (20 Most Powerful Militaries) / Gabon: Ali Bongo Reaction As Wife Talks To Military Officer (video) / Netherlands Shuts Down Prisons Due To Lack Of Criminals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.