Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,590 members, 7,820,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Glo Finally Discontinues Their Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) For Blackberry - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Finally Discontinues Their Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) For Blackberry (1310 Views)

Evernote Pulls Out Its Support For Blackberry Devices And Windows Phones / Whatsapp Extends Support For Blackberry To End Of 2017 / Samsung Permanently Discontinues The Galaxy Note7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo Finally Discontinues Their Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) For Blackberry by Reediano(m): 6:27pm On Dec 20, 2016
If you remember, Glo actually started the BlackBerry plan in Nigeria before other network providers followed suit. There was even a time when they offered the cheapest BB plan and that was really a life saver to a lot BB users. But I guess it's finally time to say goodbye to the Glo blackberry plan.

According to the message Glo sent to some of its customers,
"Dear Customer, starting December 17, 2016 BlackBerry services on your device (BBOS7 devices) will no longer be available. You can still continue to use the device to Call and Text. We request you to migrate to a BB10, Android, Windows or IOS handset to use your remaining data."
Etisalat actually started the trend early last month, November 2016 as it stopped the Blackberry Internet services on Blackberry OS7 devices. So it's normal for other network providers to follow suite.

I don't think this should come as a surprise to anyone. BlackBerry itself has already stopped support for most of its devices. Even top apps like Facebook and WhatsApp will stop working on those devices soon. Also the number of BlackBerry users has really dropped as a lot of people are switching to android and iOS.

List Of Glo BlackBerry Plans That Are Affected
The below mentioned plans will no longer be available starting from the 17th of Dec, 2016
• BlackBerry Complete weekly plan
• BlackBerry Complete monthly plan
• BlackBerry Absolute weekly plan
• BlackBerry Absolute monthly plan
• BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS)
• BlackBerry Enterprise Service (BES)

So for all those who are still using their BlackBerry smartphones, I guess it's time to finally to dump that outdated OS and move to something more current like iOS or Android.

http://www.yomitech.com/2016/12/glo-finally-discontinues-their.html

1 Share

Re: Glo Finally Discontinues Their Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) For Blackberry by eezeribe(m): 6:39pm On Dec 20, 2016
Change
Re: Glo Finally Discontinues Their Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) For Blackberry by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 20, 2016
or Windows. Please people should try to include windows phone in their post of phones. Remember to get a Windows 10 mobile
Re: Glo Finally Discontinues Their Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) For Blackberry by sweettease(f): 7:21pm On Dec 20, 2016
How the mighty has fallen. 5 years ago, Blackberry was the deal, even nollywood tapped as usual with movies like blackberry babes, and now...

So even the iPhone isn't safe tongue

5 Likes

Re: Glo Finally Discontinues Their Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) For Blackberry by Nixiepie(f): 7:22pm On Dec 20, 2016
Eyya grin
Re: Glo Finally Discontinues Their Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) For Blackberry by landinfo: 7:28pm On Dec 20, 2016
Fvck them......but I truss Foul.Tel since they are Indians but Chinese in their thinking & dos
Re: Glo Finally Discontinues Their Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) For Blackberry by jericco1(m): 8:46pm On Dec 20, 2016
i never liked blackberry nor Glo

1 Like

Re: Glo Finally Discontinues Their Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) For Blackberry by Reediano(m): 1:16pm On Dec 21, 2016
sweettease:
How the mighty has fallen. 5 years ago, Blackberry was the deal, even nollywood tapped as usual with movies like blackberry babes, and now...

So even the iPhone isn't safe tongue

Funny enough the company is still making it big.. they just happened to divert Thier attention from making of hardware's to just software's for other companies

1 Like

Re: Glo Finally Discontinues Their Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) For Blackberry by sweettease(f): 1:21pm On Dec 21, 2016
Reediano:

Funny enough the company is still making it big.. they just happened to divert Thier attention from making of hardware's to just software's for other companies
Still didn't save their phones though
Re: Glo Finally Discontinues Their Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) For Blackberry by Goldenheart(m): 1:22pm On Dec 21, 2016
cry
Re: Glo Finally Discontinues Their Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) For Blackberry by Reediano(m): 1:46pm On Dec 21, 2016
sweettease:

Still didn't save their phones though
I don't they were interested in saving it in the first place, every company is always after making money and they really did with the software part of the company..
Re: Glo Finally Discontinues Their Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) For Blackberry by Reediano(m): 1:47pm On Dec 21, 2016
Goldenheart:
cry
Sorry oo cheesy cheesy
Re: Glo Finally Discontinues Their Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) For Blackberry by sweettease(f): 1:50pm On Dec 21, 2016
Reediano:

I don't they were interested in saving it in the first place, every company is always after making money and they really did with the software part of the company..
My point isn't about the company though, it's on how the blackberry phone which used to be the most desired by most people is now here
Re: Glo Finally Discontinues Their Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) For Blackberry by nurez305(m): 1:52pm On Dec 21, 2016
Rip os 7.... bb10 plan is now the cheapest.. 1k for 3.5gb
Re: Glo Finally Discontinues Their Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) For Blackberry by Goldenheart(m): 3:09pm On Dec 21, 2016
Reediano:

Sorry oo cheesy cheesy

Lol. I disliked blackberry from the beginning. tongue
Re: Glo Finally Discontinues Their Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) For Blackberry by Goldenheart(m): 3:10pm On Dec 21, 2016
Nixiepie:
Eyya grin
take heart wink
Re: Glo Finally Discontinues Their Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) For Blackberry by Nixiepie(f): 3:33pm On Dec 21, 2016
Goldenheart:
take heart wink
not a bb user
Re: Glo Finally Discontinues Their Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) For Blackberry by Goldenheart(m): 3:36pm On Dec 21, 2016
Nixiepie:
not a bb user

Chai!
Re: Glo Finally Discontinues Their Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) For Blackberry by Reediano(m): 3:55pm On Dec 21, 2016
sweettease:

My point isn't about the company though, it's on how the blackberry phone which used to be the most desired by most people is now here

Now I get your point...

But Nokia also suffered similar fate.

Both companies were trying to develop on their already obsolete platforms while other OEMs like Samsung and LG were already moving to something else

(1) (Reply)

Samsung J700f Clone Firmware Pls!!!! / Please What Good Andriod Phone Can I Get For 30-35K / Best Phone With 100k Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.