Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,277 members, 7,836,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Gog And Magog - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Gog And Magog (1227 Views)

Gog And Magog In The Modern Age 1-9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gog And Magog by olanajim(m): 7:32am On Nov 17, 2009
Someone posted this on my page on facebook.

Who are the Gog and Magog and are they animals, men or demons? Will they ever come back?

So I feel maybe the house can discuss the issue. I is something most people ignored. Though I gave her the answer, I wonder if I was right.

Fortunately, this isnt a Christains vs Muslim so I expect a healthy discuss.

Let's share
Re: Gog And Magog by Nobody: 11:59pm On Nov 17, 2009
gog and magog is in the QURAN and the BIBLE
Re: Gog And Magog by olabowale(m): 12:34am On Nov 18, 2009
The Quran in surah Kahf is very expansive in details, if the Tafsir is studied, appearing towards the end of this surah. I like Ibn Kathir, simple and direct. One needs to know that these people are already existing in their restricted site Allah makes them stay, from that time of the story in the Quran till just before the day of judgement, when dajjal is also on earth, coinciding with the presecet of Isa bin Maryam (AS) on earth, signs of the arrival of end time.
Re: Gog And Magog by AbuZola3(m): 5:37pm On Jan 31, 2010
@t truth-- You are wrong, majuj and Yajuj is the correct name. As for magog and gog it is an english name borrowed from the greek.
Re: Gog And Magog by AbuZola3(m): 5:49pm On Jan 31, 2010
Uplawal- The magog and gog of the Bible is not the same with the Quran.

Magog and gog are children of the Prophet Nuhu's surviving children from the flood.
Their generation is more than mankind, they have been restricted from us by a great king called Dhul Qarnain. They will break the wall that restrict them from us and emerge into mankind eating human and drinking up sea and ocean. They will enter every corner of the world eating people. For more get ibn kathir book or google the story of majuj and yajuj.
Re: Gog And Magog by TrueSeeker(m): 5:24pm On Feb 01, 2010
Abu Zola:

Magog and gog are children of the Prophet Nuhu's surviving children from the flood.
Their generation is more than mankind, they have been restricted from us by a great king called Dhul Qarnain. They will break the wall that restrict them from us and emerge into mankind eating human and drinking up sea and ocean. They will enter every corner of the world eating people.

What a fairy tale!
Re: Gog And Magog by ttruth(m): 5:36pm On Feb 01, 2010
TrueSeeker:

What a fairy tale!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Abuzola's fairy tales grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Gog And Magog by AbuZola3(m): 5:52pm On Feb 01, 2010
Hmmmm
Re: Gog And Magog by Nobody: 9:03pm On Feb 01, 2010
@Abuzola,leave them let them be laughing at their own fate
Re: Gog And Magog by AbuZola3(m): 11:39am On Feb 02, 2010
Jazakhallu khaira kathiran
Re: Gog And Magog by Hutchie(m): 10:55am On Jan 22, 2012
Perhaps Gog and Magog are not as mysterious as some make out. Gog is of the land of Magog, and is the chief prince of Tubal and Meshech according to Ez 38:2, Ez 39:1

Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him,

So who are Meshech and Tubal? We need to return to the table of Nations in Gen 10 to find out:

Genesis 10:2 The sons of Japheth: Gomer, Magog, Madai, Javan, Tubal, Meshech and Tiras (1 Chr 1:5)

So we see that Meshech and Tubal are the offsprings of Japheth - note Japheth by interpretation of the Bible would be the father of the European peoples. They formed the Gentile race. The misconception today though is that those who are not Jews are classed as Gentiles which is supposed to be synonymous to heathen. This is not true. At the time of Jesus the Gentiles were the Greeks, Romans etc. The Samaritans and the Canaanites were not called Gentiles even though they were not Jews.

(1) (Reply)

Saudi Prince Exposes Saudi Arabia On Oppression / My Dear Sister Don't Join Them... / Sharia Law Now Official In Swat Region Of Pakistan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.