Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:53 PM

Any Known Side Effects Of Not Mating A Male Dog? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Any Known Side Effects Of Not Mating A Male Dog? (1247 Views)

Top Quality GSD Male Dog Needed / I Need A Local Male Dog In Ikorodu / My Male Dog Refuses To Mount Females In Heat (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Known Side Effects Of Not Mating A Male Dog? by theyongest: 12:45pm On Dec 21, 2016
I am blessed with 3 companions, a 17month doberman, a 4month CO, and a 3month GSD all male.

The Doberman is a mix and this has never bothered me because I have no intentions of mating him,. Recently, I caught him humping the GSD and it occurred to me he may never have the opportunity of siring pups unless it has an adverse effect on his health. I know females are prone to cancer when they are not crossed but I have no idea if the Male has any health issues if they are not mated. Checked Google but it kept throwing me in circles.

So I'm throwing it open to the vets and gurus here; is there any known health concern associated with not mating a male dog? I'm also not sure if I'ld be mating the others when they are matured enough.

Re: Any Known Side Effects Of Not Mating A Male Dog? by BomboyOnline: 6:32pm On Dec 21, 2016
There is no side effect whatsoever if you decide not to mate your male dog.
Re: Any Known Side Effects Of Not Mating A Male Dog? by theyongest: 7:50pm On Dec 21, 2016
BomboyOnline:
There is no side effect whatsoever if you decide not to mate your male dog.

Cool. Thanks
Re: Any Known Side Effects Of Not Mating A Male Dog? by uboma(m): 9:16pm On Dec 21, 2016
@ theyongest,

I followed your thread where you were seeking a GSD.
Have you finally gotten one?
I am also on the lookout for one.
By the way, why don't you want your boys to mate?
It is a natural cycle which should not be interrupted.
We may not know for now but I am sure there could be some side effects if they are not allowed to mate.
Re: Any Known Side Effects Of Not Mating A Male Dog? by theyongest: 1:15am On Dec 22, 2016
uboma:
@ theyongest,

I followed your thread where you were seeking a GSD.
Have you finally gotten one?
I am also on the lookout for one.
By the way, why don't you want your boys to mate?
It is a natural cycle which should not be interrupted.
We may not know for now but I am sure there could be some side effects if they are not allowed to mate.

Yes sir, I got one, outside NL though. I picked the last one, breeder wanted to retain but he fortunately changed his mind.
The pressure on studs, the demands we place on them, the high expectations and the drama involved... No, I don't think I want this for any of my boys. Well, I don't know about the others yet but I won't be crossing the Dobie.
Re: Any Known Side Effects Of Not Mating A Male Dog? by uboma(m): 6:08am On Dec 22, 2016
theyongest:

Yes sir, I got one, outside NL though. I picked the last one, breeder wanted to retain but he fortunately changed his mind.
The pressure on studs, the demands we place on them, the high expectations and the drama involved... No, I don't think I want this for any of my boys. Well, I don't know about the others yet but I won't be crossing the Dobie.

Noted!
Re: Any Known Side Effects Of Not Mating A Male Dog? by don4real18(m): 9:05pm On Dec 24, 2016
Cancerous testis in their latter years

(1) (Reply)

7 Weeks Old Boerboel Puppies For Sale / Adult Male American Eskimo For Sale / Need Advice On Dog Mating HELP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.