Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,612 members, 7,816,514 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Nigeria’s Internet Users Fall To 93.2 Million - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigeria’s Internet Users Fall To 93.2 Million (12329 Views)

Xiaomi Users And Android Phone Users Fall In / Airtel Salah Day Internet Disruption, Internet Users React / Indian Couple Fall To Their Death While Taking Selfie (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Internet Users Fall To 93.2 Million by Atiku2019: 4:12pm On Dec 21, 2016
Okay
Re: Nigeria’s Internet Users Fall To 93.2 Million by Legacyltd: 4:12pm On Dec 21, 2016
Recession Doing Wonders. grin grin

Re: Nigeria’s Internet Users Fall To 93.2 Million by slimpoppa(m): 4:13pm On Dec 21, 2016
you want us to embrace data as the next revolution but you are hiking the price of data.

is NCC mad?
Re: Nigeria’s Internet Users Fall To 93.2 Million by OZAOEKPE(f): 4:13pm On Dec 21, 2016
CHAI! grin
Re: Nigeria’s Internet Users Fall To 93.2 Million by biggy26: 4:16pm On Dec 21, 2016
Interesting days ahead. Nigeria we hail. Our leaders no get part two.
Re: Nigeria’s Internet Users Fall To 93.2 Million by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 21, 2016
How will it have been if the data price has been increased?

Maybe it would have been reduced to 10million data subscribers.
Re: Nigeria’s Internet Users Fall To 93.2 Million by playboy19(m): 4:20pm On Dec 21, 2016
Multilinks have just 4 users? Or is that a typo?
Re: Nigeria’s Internet Users Fall To 93.2 Million by MsFaith: 4:21pm On Dec 21, 2016
Is that not what you and the tel companies wanted? It will reduce further so that una go dey chop data as per na food for una
Re: Nigeria’s Internet Users Fall To 93.2 Million by niteduff(m): 4:29pm On Dec 21, 2016
Yet NCC is trying to increase data tariff. undecided
Re: Nigeria’s Internet Users Fall To 93.2 Million by mengho(m): 4:30pm On Dec 21, 2016
Next month will be half of dat amount as more fefol go drop d internet due to ur stup*d plan to increase data prices. Hope PMB & NCC are very happy with their progress so far
Re: Nigeria’s Internet Users Fall To 93.2 Million by KingSango(m): 4:41pm On Dec 21, 2016
eke419:

The Nigerian Communications Commission on Tuesday said the number of internet users in Nigeria’s telecommunications networks had reduced to 93.2 million by October.
The telecommunications industry umpire made the disclosure in its Monthly Internet Subscribers Data for October.
The data revealed that internet users on both Global System for Mobile communications and Code Division Multiple Access networks had decreased by 391,679 in October.
It showed that of the 93.2 million internet users in October, 93.1 million were on GSM networks, while 38,309 users were on CDMA networks.
Also, the GSM service providers lost 378,015 internet customers after recording 93.1 million users in October, as against 93.5 million it recorded in September.
The CDMA operators lost 13,664 internet users, after recording 38,309 in October, against 51,973 recorded in September.
The data revealed that MTN had 32.4 million subscribers browsing the internet on its network.
It explained that MTN recorded a decrease of 306,480 internet subscribers in October, after recording 32.7 million in September.
According to the data, Globacom has 27.2 million customers surfing the net on its network in October, giving an increase of 297,623 users, from the 26.9 million that surfed the internet on the network in September.
Airtel had 18.8 million internet users in October, the same it recorded in September.
The data also showed that Etisalat had 14.7 million customers who browsed the internet in October, revealing a decrease of 369,158 users against the 15.1 million users recorded in September.
The NCC data revealed that the CDMA operators, Multi-Links and Visafone, had a joint total of 38,309 internet users on their networks in October.
It showed that the only two surviving CDMA networks in the country recorded a decrease of 13,664 internet subscribers in the month under review from the 51,973 users they recorded in September.
According to the data, Visafone has a decrease of 13,664 customers surfing the internet in October, as it has 38,305, compared to the 51,969 users in the month of September.
Multi-Links had just four internet users in October, same as the users recorded in September.
The decrease in the use of the internet in October showed that more Nigerians needed to embrace data, as the next revolution.

Source: http://nigerianewsnow.com.ng/2016/12/21/nigerias-internet-users-fall-to-93-2-million/

This is insane because a Nigerian is the one who invented the internet.

TIME: The "Unsung Hero" Behind the Internet
"The Web owes much of its existence to Philip Emeagwali" - TIME magazine
"A father of the Internet" - CNN
"One of the great minds of the Information Age" - Bill Clinton (The White House)

Emeagwali Voted History's 35th Greatest African (pdf, html)
Inducted into gallery of history's 70 greatest black achievers. Emeagwali celebrates 50 years of awards,
40 years as "A Father of the Internet," and 25 years on the Internet with a ten-year, ten-thousand-page weekly series.

Philip Emeagwali, voted "Father of Supercomputing," is ranked #1 in computing.
And ranked FIRST by Google for "contribution to the development of the computer."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWdSFB-TJSw&list=PLEkGuecg78B_w4pvRmQjv8gnvTqgQ_W35&index=3

Stop using the internet for sex hook ups, scams, video games and celebrity gossip. The internet is a place you can go and learn information, at the touch of your finger tips, within seconds, just about any information available on the planet. The internet is a super computer that holds vast amounts of information.

1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Internet Users Fall To 93.2 Million by KingSango(m): 4:43pm On Dec 21, 2016
eke419:

The Nigerian Communications Commission on Tuesday said the number of internet users in Nigeria’s telecommunications networks had reduced to 93.2 million by October.
The telecommunications industry umpire made the disclosure in its Monthly Internet Subscribers Data for October.
The data revealed that internet users on both Global System for Mobile communications and Code Division Multiple Access networks had decreased by 391,679 in October.
It showed that of the 93.2 million internet users in October, 93.1 million were on GSM networks, while 38,309 users were on CDMA networks.
Also, the GSM service providers lost 378,015 internet customers after recording 93.1 million users in October, as against 93.5 million it recorded in September.
The CDMA operators lost 13,664 internet users, after recording 38,309 in October, against 51,973 recorded in September.
The data revealed that MTN had 32.4 million subscribers browsing the internet on its network.
It explained that MTN recorded a decrease of 306,480 internet subscribers in October, after recording 32.7 million in September.
According to the data, Globacom has 27.2 million customers surfing the net on its network in October, giving an increase of 297,623 users, from the 26.9 million that surfed the internet on the network in September.
Airtel had 18.8 million internet users in October, the same it recorded in September.
The data also showed that Etisalat had 14.7 million customers who browsed the internet in October, revealing a decrease of 369,158 users against the 15.1 million users recorded in September.
The NCC data revealed that the CDMA operators, Multi-Links and Visafone, had a joint total of 38,309 internet users on their networks in October.
It showed that the only two surviving CDMA networks in the country recorded a decrease of 13,664 internet subscribers in the month under review from the 51,973 users they recorded in September.
According to the data, Visafone has a decrease of 13,664 customers surfing the internet in October, as it has 38,305, compared to the 51,969 users in the month of September.
Multi-Links had just four internet users in October, same as the users recorded in September.
The decrease in the use of the internet in October showed that more Nigerians needed to embrace data, as the next revolution.

Source: http://nigerianewsnow.com.ng/2016/12/21/nigerias-internet-users-fall-to-93-2-million/

This is insane because a Nigerian is the one who invented the internet.

TIME: The "Unsung Hero" Behind the Internet
"The Web owes much of its existence to Philip Emeagwali" - TIME magazine
"A father of the Internet" - CNN
"One of the great minds of the Information Age" - Bill Clinton (The White House)

Emeagwali Voted History's 35th Greatest African (pdf, html)
Inducted into gallery of history's 70 greatest black achievers. Emeagwali celebrates 50 years of awards,
40 years as "A Father of the Internet," and 25 years on the Internet with a ten-year, ten-thousand-page weekly series.

Philip Emeagwali, voted "Father of Supercomputing," is ranked #1 in computing.
And ranked FIRST by Google for "contribution to the development of the computer."

SuperPower: Digital Giants - Philip Emeagwali - Nigerian born internet scientist - BBC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWdSFB-TJSw&list=PLEkGuecg78B_w4pvRmQjv8gnvTqgQ_W35&index=3

Stop using the internet for sex hook ups, scams, video games and celebrity gossip. The internet is a place you can go and learn information, at the touch of your finger tips, within seconds, just about any information available on the planet. The internet is a super computer that holds vast amounts of information.

1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Internet Users Fall To 93.2 Million by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 21, 2016
ladyF:
Is change. Even me sef dey manage the small data wey I get. cry

It's LadyF a

who asked u ur name :p
Re: Nigeria’s Internet Users Fall To 93.2 Million by Vince77(m): 4:54pm On Dec 21, 2016
ladyF:

It's LadyF a

Recession don finish u sha

U no even fit write "again" complete.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Internet Users Fall To 93.2 Million by ultimate73(m): 4:57pm On Dec 21, 2016
recession
Re: Nigeria’s Internet Users Fall To 93.2 Million by leye4u: 5:01pm On Dec 21, 2016
this is one of the reason I don't fear any yeye mod again....ban me oooo, make I use my life and data for better things,Seun and lalasticlala something is totally wrong with all of you and all the mods on Nairaland

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Internet Users Fall To 93.2 Million by Jacobx007: 5:22pm On Dec 21, 2016
D generator I bought 22k5 early last year now is now 45k last cry cry cry cry I jst couldn't believe it today - n I dashed d old one out undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria’s Internet Users Fall To 93.2 Million by onatisi(m): 5:36pm On Dec 21, 2016
Nobody go teach Nigerians,Na hunger go teach them sense.
But wait oo,why isn't anybody shouting Sai baba again grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Internet Users Fall To 93.2 Million by newyorks(m): 5:42pm On Dec 21, 2016
Nov/Dec go be worse ever as mmm is nt functioning.
Re: Nigeria’s Internet Users Fall To 93.2 Million by ephi123(f): 6:27pm On Dec 21, 2016
onatisi:
Nobody go teach Nigerians,Na hunger go teach them sense.
But wait oo,why isn't anybody shouting Sai baba again grin

It's Kai Baba now grin
Re: Nigeria’s Internet Users Fall To 93.2 Million by leofab(f): 7:48pm On Dec 21, 2016
ladyF:

It's LadyF a
I had a dream that one day LadyF will bump into my bro.. and it will equal love at first sight... cheesy kiss
Re: Nigeria’s Internet Users Fall To 93.2 Million by Keegan: 9:22pm On Dec 21, 2016
Sometimes we have to be critical in our thoughts.
An average Nigerian youth have almost all the four GSM (namely MTN, Airtel, GLO and Etisalat) SIMs being use for internet cheats of various dimension. If one cheat is blocked they will revert to another SIM. Some even have multiple SIMs of the same provider to maximize amount of data received.
However, since early October when the prices of internet subscription started crashing many of the subscribers stick to one or at most two of these GSM internet providers.
Re: Nigeria’s Internet Users Fall To 93.2 Million by ThetrueWord: 11:21pm On Dec 21, 2016
Hello, thank you for the information.Please where did you get your data from? what we have on ncc official website is far different. Please check it. http://www.ncc.gov.ng/stakeholder/statistics-reports/industry-overview#gsm.

Re: Nigeria’s Internet Users Fall To 93.2 Million by ladyF(f): 11:44pm On Dec 21, 2016
leofab:
I had a dream that one day LadyF will bump into my bro.. and it will equal love at first sight... cheesy kiss

Lmao! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Internet Users Fall To 93.2 Million by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:59am On Dec 22, 2016
Jafar1:
change affect everybody, and they are talkin about increase in data rate, that means it will soon reduce to 20 thousand

Very true. NCC should try to encourage more people to browse, rather they are doing quite the opposite with this data increase campaign.
Re: Nigeria’s Internet Users Fall To 93.2 Million by KomonSense: 2:12am On Dec 22, 2016
Sandydayziz:
Nd they still wanna increase data?

They better start counting the amount of newspaper bought in a day!!!
My dear... D tin tire me ooo... All of them nah EP
Re: Nigeria’s Internet Users Fall To 93.2 Million by charmingfrank(m): 7:17am On Dec 22, 2016
not long ago I read that it increases but now it has dropped. well I know media lie a lot. but come to think of it oh. MMM has really help a lot and will still do mark my word. haters continue to hate.
Re: Nigeria’s Internet Users Fall To 93.2 Million by dabraska: 8:43am On Dec 22, 2016
WE DON'T HAVE 93 MILLION INTERNET USERS IN NIGERIA. THESE ARE BLOODY LIES!
Re: Nigeria’s Internet Users Fall To 93.2 Million by platodeen(m): 11:54am On Dec 22, 2016
Wait till January 14 wen MMM comes back n d number will jymb back up.
I lie? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria’s Internet Users Fall To 93.2 Million by FellaL: 4:22pm On Dec 27, 2016
ShitHead:
Government run by the old... What do you expect? How many of them get email address to start with? FEC minutes of meeting is written in black board sef.
lol my guy small small n.a. dont be wicked, they be somebody's papa na

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can I Track A Stolen Phone.. HELP!! / How Multiple Cameras Work On Android And Ios Smartphones / Airtel Finally Introduces Cheapest Android Data Plan; Get 1GB For N1000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.