Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,139 members, 7,821,892 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Over $1m Cash Recovered In Panel Member’s Home - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Over $1m Cash Recovered In Panel Member’s Home (13053 Views)

Abudal’aziz Abubakar Yari Buys House Of $1m In The US - Sahara Reporters (Photo) / N500m Paris Club Cash Recovered From Governor / Cash Recovered From Andrew Yakubu's Bunker In Kaduna By EFCC (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Over $1m Cash Recovered In Panel Member’s Home by dre11(m): 7:18pm On Dec 21, 2016
The office of the Attorney General of the Federation (AGF) has revealed how over $1.30million cash was recovered from the Abuja home of a member of committee set up by President Muhammadu Buhari to investigate procurement of arms and equipment in the Armed Forces, Air Commodore Umar Mohammed (rtd).

A lawyer representing the office, Shuaibu Labaran, said upon receiving intelligence reports, operatives of the Department of State Services (DSS) stormed Umar’s home, conducted a search and recovered $1,030,000 cash and other currencies at the military officer’s residence.

Labaran said some sensitive official documents (which he refused to name) and two pump action guns (marked: SBSG Magnum 397 and SBGS Interpress 09-1573) were also recovered during the search.

He gave the house address as No 4 Lungi Close, Mississippi, Maitama, Abuja.

Labaran spoke while making his opening remark, as the lead prosecution lawyer in the trial of Mohammed and his firm, EasyJet Integrated Services Limited, before Justice John Tsoho, of the Federal High Court, Abuja.

Under the Administration of Criminal Act (ACJA) 2015, a prosecutor is required, before the commencement of trial, to render an opening statement, containing a summary of his/her case against the defendant.

Earlier, Labaran told the court that the prosecution has complied with the order for Umar’s release from DSS’ custody, having fulfilled his bail condition, following which he applied to make the opening statement.

Lead defence lawyer, Hassan Liman (SAN), confirmed Umar’s release from the DSS custody.

He said his client was released on December 2.

http://thenationonlineng.net/1m-cash-recovered-panel-members-home/
Re: Over $1m Cash Recovered In Panel Member’s Home by Sibrah: 7:28pm On Dec 21, 2016
Corruption will surely fight back but I know that it won't succeed . . . Not under this admin.

19 Likes

Re: Over $1m Cash Recovered In Panel Member’s Home by Firefire(m): 7:31pm On Dec 21, 2016
A member of committee set up by President Muhammadu Buhari to investigate procurement of arms and equipment in the Armed Forces, Air Commodore Umar Mohammed (rtd).

Kwurupt goberment phyting kworoption.

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Over $1m Cash Recovered In Panel Member’s Home by Sibrah: 7:33pm On Dec 21, 2016
^ ^ ^ People change when under pressure or in power . . . But I trust the number 1 anti-corruption crusader - Buhari, to change those people.

24 Likes

Re: Over $1m Cash Recovered In Panel Member’s Home by sunmike065(m): 7:35pm On Dec 21, 2016
abeg shey dis people wan wan use money buy house 4 heaven ni

how will dollar circulate when a single person hide dis huge amount of $s in his bedroom.

Animals in human images..undecided

25 Likes

Re: Over $1m Cash Recovered In Panel Member’s Home by Firefire(m): 7:37pm On Dec 21, 2016
Sibrah:
^ ^ ^ People change when under pressure or in power . . . But I trust the number 1 anti-corruption crusader - Buhari, to change those people.

Show me your friends and I will tell you who you are...

Its takes a high level kworupt man to appoint several kwurupts people as his aids.

SHAME on the useless Kworoption fights. grin cheesy

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Over $1m Cash Recovered In Panel Member’s Home by Sibrah: 7:38pm On Dec 21, 2016
Firefire:

Show me your friends and I will tell you who you are...

Its takes a high level kworupt man to appoint several kwurupts people as his aids.

SHAME on the useless Kworoption fights. grin cheesy
What makes you think Buhari knows everybody he appoints one-on-one or personally. That was one of Jonathan's mistake, he kept appointing his village people and tribe.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over $1m Cash Recovered In Panel Member’s Home by cyberguy72(m): 8:04pm On Dec 21, 2016
Sibrah:
What makes you think Buhari knows everybody he appoints one-on-one or personally. That was one of Jonathan's mistake, he kept appointing his village people and tribe.
U re not making sense

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Over $1m Cash Recovered In Panel Member’s Home by mrvitalis(m): 8:49pm On Dec 21, 2016
For Buhari to order this says alot

4 Likes

Re: Over $1m Cash Recovered In Panel Member’s Home by WorldRichest: 9:16pm On Dec 21, 2016
Can you now see that there is very little Muhammadu Buhari can do if you and I do not change our mindset? Imagine this unfortunate issue, a man that was selected to investigate the stealing of our money, he too went behind to steal. Can Buhari alone do everything? Now, who can Buhari trust?

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over $1m Cash Recovered In Panel Member’s Home by ijustdey: 7:49am On Dec 22, 2016
cc lalasticlala...... day don break oooooo
Re: Over $1m Cash Recovered In Panel Member’s Home by Atiku2019: 7:51am On Dec 22, 2016
cool

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Over $1m Cash Recovered In Panel Member’s Home by veekid(m): 8:02am On Dec 22, 2016

na savings
Re: Over $1m Cash Recovered In Panel Member’s Home by AntiWailer: 8:02am On Dec 22, 2016
1milion dollars cash ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over $1m Cash Recovered In Panel Member’s Home by AntiWailer: 8:02am On Dec 22, 2016
WorldRichest:
Can you now see that there is very little Muhammadu Buhari can do if you and I do not change our mindset? Imagine this unfortunate issue, a man that was selected to investigate the stealing of our money, he too went behind to steal. Can Buhari alone do everything? Now, who can Buhari trust?

Bros I just taya for this country.

I pity the old man.

He took his time and the best he could assemble is still gang of criminals and thieves

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Over $1m Cash Recovered In Panel Member’s Home by Guru9ja(m): 8:03am On Dec 22, 2016
shebi una don vote for am. so...enjoy it while it last.

7 Likes

Re: Over $1m Cash Recovered In Panel Member’s Home by Martinola(m): 8:03am On Dec 22, 2016
fighting curruption with corrupt people...useless govt
Re: Over $1m Cash Recovered In Panel Member’s Home by Nobody: 8:04am On Dec 22, 2016
Poor journalism

Wrong... .... $1.30m

Correct... ....$1.3m

But going by the figure quoted here, the real stuff is $1.03m

1 Like

Re: Over $1m Cash Recovered In Panel Member’s Home by Elchappo: 8:04am On Dec 22, 2016
I thought Buhari's body odor ve cleansed every of his appointee of corruption

Could this guy be on Odor proof..

8 Likes

Re: Over $1m Cash Recovered In Panel Member’s Home by blazer234: 8:05am On Dec 22, 2016
Sibrah:

The same way he has changed babangida and obasanjo, abi?

4 Likes

Re: Over $1m Cash Recovered In Panel Member’s Home by truthspeaks: 8:05am On Dec 22, 2016
Ok
Re: Over $1m Cash Recovered In Panel Member’s Home by rawtouch: 8:05am On Dec 22, 2016
not surprised at all

1 Like

Re: Over $1m Cash Recovered In Panel Member’s Home by atirolu(m): 8:06am On Dec 22, 2016
This administration will be more corrupt and has proven more corruption than last administration

We are watching

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over $1m Cash Recovered In Panel Member’s Home by buchilino(m): 8:07am On Dec 22, 2016
Sibrah:
Corruption will surely fight back but I know that it won't succeed . . . Not under this admin.

SEEMS 2 ME UR ASLEEP, I COMMAND IJN, WAKEUP. DIS ADMIN DATS ALREADY AWASH WITH CORRUPTION.

3 Likes

Re: Over $1m Cash Recovered In Panel Member’s Home by Adebayowest: 8:08am On Dec 22, 2016
Ohhhhh maybe hes the owner of the big building in front of house 9 hotel in Mississippi wuse 2 ?guys if you see this magnificent building even me sef question people say who get this kind of house that day. Oloriburuku ni awon people yi.
Re: Over $1m Cash Recovered In Panel Member’s Home by buchilino(m): 8:09am On Dec 22, 2016
blazer234:

The same way he has changed babangida and obasanjo, abi?
MY BROTHER, U NO MOST PPLE TALK B4 DEY THINK
Re: Over $1m Cash Recovered In Panel Member’s Home by helinues: 8:10am On Dec 22, 2016
corruption fighting corruption
Re: Over $1m Cash Recovered In Panel Member’s Home by seguno2: 8:13am On Dec 22, 2016
veekid:

na savings

Like Buratai's savings from his salary used to buy multi million dollar mansions in Dubai.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Makinde: Any Attempt To Shift PDP Zonal Congress Will Have Dire Consequence / Nigeria: Do We Have An Army? / Anthony Ayodeji Resigns As Mimiko's Aide, Joins APC (resignation Letter)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.