Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Have U Tasted Roasted Or Fried Grasshopper? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Have U Tasted Roasted Or Fried Grasshopper? (17544 Views)

Have U Tasted This Delicacy / Checkout A Male Student's Fried Spaghetti / Have Anyone Ever Tasted Groundnut Soup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have U Tasted Roasted Or Fried Grasshopper? by 190: 11:09pm On Apr 14, 2010
yes termite is the BOMB, its sweet ehhen~
Re: Have U Tasted Roasted Or Fried Grasshopper? by kandiikane(m): 3:47am On Jul 19, 2011
No, but have you tried roasted rain flies(the insects that fly around with large wings during the raining season) Especially around lights. .Ok, just found out they are flying TERMITES shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked I did not know they were termites. . .Anyways, have you tried those? grin grin
Re: Have U Tasted Roasted Or Fried Grasshopper? by tpia5: 2:26am On Jul 26, 2011
Ugandan custom has it that only women and children catch grasshoppers, and only men enjoy eating the delicacy. Within the past 10 years, though, grasshopper trapping has turned into a lucrative trade, and men have swapped tradition for opportunity.

During the country’s two rainy seasons, the sight of women and children with plastic bags and cupped hands has given way to powerful lights set above rusty oil drums lined with aluminum sheets to help commercial catchers, mostly men, find the insects more easily. The harvest is shipped in 110 lb. sacks to market, where the grasshoppers are sold raw, deep-fried, or sautéed with onion and chili. Four teaspoons’ worth sells for 50 cents.

Lawrence Mawanda says he makes about $1,000 per season from grasshoppers – nearly double Uganda’s gross domestic product per capita. He has earned enough to construct two stalls, and can now afford to pay for his children’s schooling.

Two years ago, Mr. Magoola cofounded the Bansenene Development Association Southern Region to give trappers collective bargaining power while ensuring a sustainable trade. Trappers are charged a seasonal flat rate of around $400 to run 12,400-watt bulbs for eight hours a day. Those who pay are more likely to out those who don’t, helping grasshopper trapping leap even further forward.

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Global-News/2011/0719/Uganda-s-booming-grasshopper-industry-leaps-over-tradition
Re: Have U Tasted Roasted Or Fried Grasshopper? by Frankiedu(m): 9:01pm On Jun 29, 2012
;Daah aside all food that I haven't tasted then grasshopper.I haven't but I think The Chinese men on this forum would had I bet u forumites.. ;Daah aside all food that I haven't tasted then grasshopper.I haven't but I think The Chinese men on this forum would had I bet u forumites..
Re: Have U Tasted Roasted Or Fried Grasshopper? by tpia5: 3:37pm On Jul 02, 2012
I havent tried it @ topic but i heard its very tasty.
Re: Have U Tasted Roasted Or Fried Grasshopper? by roolnaado(m): 8:43pm On Mar 23, 2020
Allylic,

I sent a pm sometimes ago. The reason is I stumbled upon a username that so much resembles and could be passed of as yours.

https://www.nairaland.com/aiiyiic

I just wanted to inform you so that you or someone who knows you won't fall for an identity scam.
Re: Have U Tasted Roasted Or Fried Grasshopper? by Allylic(f): 11:08pm On Mar 23, 2020
roolnaado:
Allylic,

I sent a pm sometimes ago. The reason is I stumbled upon a username that so much resembles and could be passed of as yours.

https://www.nairaland.com/aiiyiic

I just wanted to inform you so that you or someone who knows you won't fall for an identity scam.

ohh..thank you for this...I hardly check my nairaland this days..I will revert back asap..please can you walk me through how to report this to the moderator
Re: Have U Tasted Roasted Or Fried Grasshopper? by roolnaado(m): 1:14am On Mar 24, 2020
Allylic:
ohh..thank you for this...I hardly check my nairaland this days..I will revert back asap..please can you walk me through how to report this to the moderator

You can use the mail supermods button at the bottom of the nairaland homepage.
Re: Have U Tasted Roasted Or Fried Grasshopper? by Allylic(f): 6:32am On Mar 24, 2020
roolnaado:

You can use the mail supermods button at the bottom of the nairaland homepage.
alright..thanks

1 Like

Re: Have U Tasted Roasted Or Fried Grasshopper? by AIIyIic(f): 9:29am On Mar 24, 2020
Allylic:

Is there any rule that says i can't have a name similar to anyone on the platform. I believe if anyone else was bearing the name, nairaland bot wouldn't allow another person create an account with dat name ?

Have you gotten any report of anyone being scammed or whatsoever by this username?
Re: Have U Tasted Roasted Or Fried Grasshopper? by Allylic(f): 2:37pm On Mar 24, 2020
AIIyIic:

Is there any rule that says i can't have a name similar to anyone on the platform. I believe if anyone else was bearing the name, nairaland bot wouldn't allow another person create an account with dat name ?

Have you gotten any report of anyone being scammed or whatsoever by this username?

this isn't a similar name..it is the same name..Though I havent heard any report of being scammed or otherwise...Just trying to be careful..
Re: Have U Tasted Roasted Or Fried Grasshopper? by AIIyIic(f): 2:49pm On Mar 24, 2020
Allylic:
this isn't a similar name..it is the same name..Though I havent heard any report of being scammed or otherwise...Just trying to be careful..

Check when my account was created. It was created around 2018. Almost 2 yrs from now. I tried reaching u on ur email but i don't think u got it
Re: Have U Tasted Roasted Or Fried Grasshopper? by AIIyIic(f): 2:53pm On Mar 24, 2020
Allylic:

We have a lot to discuss. Reply d email you used on Nairaland
Re: Have U Tasted Roasted Or Fried Grasshopper? by roolnaado(m): 10:48pm On Mar 24, 2020
You are a male, using a female moniker. That in itself shows a sinister purpose.

1 Like

Re: Have U Tasted Roasted Or Fried Grasshopper? by roolnaado(m): 10:55pm On Mar 24, 2020
Allylic, that is where I discovered the moniker.

Cc: Dominique

(1) (2) (Reply)

Easy Way To Make Afang Soup This Christmas. / Roasted Chicken Sold Openly In Lagos: Where Are Our Standards? / Muniratu Abubakar Emerges ‘the King’s Chef’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.