Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

RRS Nabs Five In-traffic Robbers In Lagos (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / RRS Nabs Five In-traffic Robbers In Lagos (Photo) (11777 Views)

Traffic Robbers Union Reacts Over Arrest Of Members / Seven Traffic Robbers Arrested In Lagos (photos) / Lagos traffic Robbers captured by Rapid Response Officers (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

RRS Nabs Five In-traffic Robbers In Lagos (Photo) by EdifiedCEO: 6:37am On Dec 22, 2016
The onslaught on in-traffic robbers by the operatives of Rapid Response Squad (RRS) of the Lagos State Police Command is yielding results with the arrest of five robbery suspects in different parts of the metropolis.
The suspects were apprehended during a special raid by the RRS operatives on robbers who were attacking and dispossessing members of the public of their valuables in traffic.
The suspects, Oyeleke Abdullah (24), Olajide Dipo (17), Saheed Alayande (17), Azeez Yusuph (21) and Oyeniwa Wasiu (18) were nabbed in Victoria Island, Ojodu Berger, Oshodi, Obalende and Ilubirin around the state.

RRS investigator revealed that before the arrest, the State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Fatai Owoseni, had directed the RRS Commander to deploy more operatives to Ojodu Berger, Lekki and Oshodi in order to ensure ‘Ember’ month free crime.

It was gathered that some operatives of the RRS’s Decoy Team, in arresting one of the suspects, Azeez Yusuph, pretended to have had a broken down car under the Ilubirin Bridge around 4:23 a.m.

“It was very early in the morning when an undercover policeman pretended as if his vehicle broke down on the bridge while some of his colleagues hid somewhere to ambush the robbers who would come and harass the lone occupant of the vehicle…. The suspect showed up few minutes trying to collect handset and money from him, that was when we arrested him,” the source said.

He hinted that the operatives also got complaints from members of the public on RRS social media platforms about the activities of miscreants on road users with broken down vehicle in Ilubirin.

Abdullahi confessed to interrogators “I was trying to make ends meet by snatching valuables of stranded drivers on the bridge,” adding that he sleeps underneath the bridge along with his colleagues.

In his confessional statement to interrogators, another suspect, Oyeleke Abdullah, a danfo driver revealed, “I snatched a Zeltel phone from a passenger around 9:00 p.m. on Saturday…. There was traffic entering Lagos on Saturday at Berger, I decided to use that opportunity to snatch handset and other valuables from commuters. My colleague and I do this whenever we need money.”

Another suspect, Saheed Alayande, who was arrested in Oshodi disclosed that he was a bus conductor in Oshodi. “Whenever I am not doing that, I carry load and wares for people with my friend. It was here that I stole the phone that I was caught with before I was arrested.”

Confirming the development, the Police Public Relations Officer, Superintendent Dolapo Badmos, said that the Command was on high alert to curb social miscreants who exploit traffic situations in the metropolis to dispossess Lagosians of their valuables on the road.

The suspects have been transferred to State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID), Yaba, for further investigation.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/12/photo-rrs-nabs-five-in-traffic-robbers.html

Re: RRS Nabs Five In-traffic Robbers In Lagos (Photo) by Collenshy2020(m): 6:44am On Dec 22, 2016
Wish the government can rehabilitate these guys and get them fixed into skillful tasks thereby enabling them contribute positively to the Nation.

Singapore is an example of such practise.

5 Likes

Re: RRS Nabs Five In-traffic Robbers In Lagos (Photo) by 4reala(m): 6:45am On Dec 22, 2016
Very gud, oya make una go chop una Christmas Chiken for inside KiriKiri grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: RRS Nabs Five In-traffic Robbers In Lagos (Photo) by Timmypromise(m): 6:47am On Dec 22, 2016
ok....last operation

1 Like

Re: RRS Nabs Five In-traffic Robbers In Lagos (Photo) by Atiku2019: 6:47am On Dec 22, 2016
Kudos RRS smiley

3 Likes

Re: RRS Nabs Five In-traffic Robbers In Lagos (Photo) by beycity(m): 6:54am On Dec 22, 2016
Lazy useless guys.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: RRS Nabs Five In-traffic Robbers In Lagos (Photo) by BCISLTD: 6:56am On Dec 22, 2016
Shoot them in the legs

4 Likes

Re: RRS Nabs Five In-traffic Robbers In Lagos (Photo) by Elchappo: 7:07am On Dec 22, 2016
The suspects, Oyeleke Abdullah (24), Olajide Dipo (17), Saheed Alayande (17), Azeez Yusuph (21) and Oyeniwa Wasiu (18)

They re all offspring of the man who came down from heaven to Ife with Bicycle chain...

It's in them like peak Milk..
Afonja ndi Oshi...

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RRS Nabs Five In-traffic Robbers In Lagos (Photo) by veekid(m): 7:57am On Dec 22, 2016

buhari sef

1 Like

Re: RRS Nabs Five In-traffic Robbers In Lagos (Photo) by SmartMugu: 7:58am On Dec 22, 2016
Is anyone still interested in seeing these small thieves paraded while bigger thieves are there in government? These are just hungry people being paraded.
I'll respect whatever agency this is trying to get some cheap points for this arrest when they ever make one arrest of a high-profile criminal and parade him just like this ones.

2 Likes

Re: RRS Nabs Five In-traffic Robbers In Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 22, 2016
Afonjas them...

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RRS Nabs Five In-traffic Robbers In Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 22, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Re: RRS Nabs Five In-traffic Robbers In Lagos (Photo) by ceejay80s(m): 7:59am On Dec 22, 2016
Re: RRS Nabs Five In-traffic Robbers In Lagos (Photo) by orjikuramo(m): 7:59am On Dec 22, 2016
Thank you Jesus, haven't recovered from the Ikorodu own

1 Like

Re: RRS Nabs Five In-traffic Robbers In Lagos (Photo) by Godprotectigbos(f): 7:59am On Dec 22, 2016
grin

Criminal Bus conductors causing nuisance to people
Re: RRS Nabs Five In-traffic Robbers In Lagos (Photo) by apholaryn: 7:59am On Dec 22, 2016
Elchappo:
The suspects, Oyeleke Abdullah (24), Olajide Dipo (17), Saheed Alayande (17), Azeez Yusuph (21) and Oyeniwa Wasiu (18)

They re all offspring of the man who came down from heaven to Ife with Bicycle chain...

Afonja ndi Oshi...
grow up

10 Likes

Re: RRS Nabs Five In-traffic Robbers In Lagos (Photo) by Qmerit(m): 8:00am On Dec 22, 2016
Collenshy2020:
Wish the government can rehabilitate these guys and get them fixed into skillful tasks thereby enabling them contribute positively to the Nation.

Just like that, where did u condemn their acts in the first place before u talk about rehabilitation sir! U simply implied that any one can go rub and await rehabilitation!
So that's how it works in your Singapore. You re a grownup liar!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: RRS Nabs Five In-traffic Robbers In Lagos (Photo) by Elchappo: 8:00am On Dec 22, 2016
apholaryn:
grow up

Cook more beans for me, grown man

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: RRS Nabs Five In-traffic Robbers In Lagos (Photo) by kstix(m): 8:01am On Dec 22, 2016
Elchappo:

Afonja ndi Oshi...
Lol same as ur drug dealing ancestors

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RRS Nabs Five In-traffic Robbers In Lagos (Photo) by Lusola15: 8:03am On Dec 22, 2016
ceejay, thank you
Re: RRS Nabs Five In-traffic Robbers In Lagos (Photo) by holluwai(m): 8:03am On Dec 22, 2016
Very wicked set of people. They must face the repercussions, simple.
Re: RRS Nabs Five In-traffic Robbers In Lagos (Photo) by Elchappo: 8:03am On Dec 22, 2016
kstix:

Lol same as ur drug dealing ancestors

U can say that again...

1 Like

Re: RRS Nabs Five In-traffic Robbers In Lagos (Photo) by shiimah: 8:04am On Dec 22, 2016
apholaryn:
grow up
To iroko tree abi?

2 Likes

Re: RRS Nabs Five In-traffic Robbers In Lagos (Photo) by ceejay80s(m): 8:04am On Dec 22, 2016
Collenshy2020:

NO MATTER WHAT U DO FOR DEM, A THIEF IS A THIEF, IF U LIKE BUILD HOUSE FOR DEM AND GIVE IT TO DEM TO DEY COLLECT RENT, THE ONE WEY GET WORK AS BUS CONDUCTOR AND AT SAME TIME CARRIES LOAD FOR PEOPLE NKO? THESE GUYS WILL KILL WHEN GUN ENTER THEIR HAND

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: RRS Nabs Five In-traffic Robbers In Lagos (Photo) by cutedharmee: 8:05am On Dec 22, 2016
Hmn!!! Y can't they find something doing rather than stealing. Omo yoloba!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: RRS Nabs Five In-traffic Robbers In Lagos (Photo) by Scatterscatter(m): 8:06am On Dec 22, 2016
Please kill these guys already.

We have more than Enough of their type and more so our prisons are overstretched.

Thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: RRS Nabs Five In-traffic Robbers In Lagos (Photo) by rawtouch: 8:06am On Dec 22, 2016
christmas in detention....

HO HO HO
Re: RRS Nabs Five In-traffic Robbers In Lagos (Photo) by UncleSnr(m): 8:08am On Dec 22, 2016
Poverty induced wickedness.
check my signature, a way to step out of this recession.
Re: RRS Nabs Five In-traffic Robbers In Lagos (Photo) by gaetano: 8:08am On Dec 22, 2016
grin

7 Likes

Re: RRS Nabs Five In-traffic Robbers In Lagos (Photo) by ceejay80s(m): 8:09am On Dec 22, 2016
Lusola15:

ceejay, even you am disappointed

BECAUSE OF U, I WILL REMOVE IT
BY THE WAY, WILD WILD WEST NA NAME OF MOVIE NA
Re: RRS Nabs Five In-traffic Robbers In Lagos (Photo) by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 22, 2016
As much as I hate thieves, these guys if they were given the same or better opportunity like us on NL, I'm sure they won't be pick pockets or robbers.

Imagine someone sleeping under the bridge, what kind of job do you expect the person to hold? Nigeria doesn't have any correctional facility only prison that's why these criminals become hardened and never changed when they are released.

Only if I had the wits, I would create a reformation program. The idea is there but no support lol. Don't steal my idea oo.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Police Debunk Reports Of An Attack On Ikorodu Police Station / Kidnapped 3 ABU Final Year Law Students Rescued By Police / EFCC Returns N4.3m To Fraud Victim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.