Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,909 members, 7,952,664 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 08:33 PM

Who Will Take The Son? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Will Take The Son? (1302 Views)

Jesus, the Son Of God, Is The Sun Of Righteousness / Trinity; Between The Son And Holyspirit .. Who Is Greater ? / Is Jesus The Son Of God And Promised Messiah? Biblical Proof That He Isn't. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Will Take The Son? by Mimzyy(f): 7:12am On Dec 22, 2016
Pls read it
''The Son, the Son, who'll take the Son?''
This is a great story, please read!

A wealthy man and his son loved to collect rare works of art. They had everything in their collection, from Picasso to Raphael. They would often sit together and admire the great works of art..

When the Vietnam conflict broke out, the son went to war. He was very courageous and died in battle while rescuing another soldier. The father was notified and grieved deeply for his only son.

About a month later, just before Christmas,

There was a knock at the door. A young man stood at the door with a large package in his hands..

He said, 'Sir, you don't know me, but I am the soldier for whom your son gave his life. He saved many lives that day, and he was carrying me to safety when a bullet struck him in the heart and he died instantly... He often talked about you, and your love for art.' The young man held out this package.
'I know this isn't much. I'm not really a great artist, but I think your son would have wanted you to have this.'

The father

Opened the package. It was a portrait of his son, painted by the young man. He stared in awe at the way the soldier had captured the personality of his son in the painting. The father was so drawn to the eyes that his own eyes welled up with tears. He thanked the young man and offered to pay him for the picture.. 'Oh, no sir, I could never repay what your son did for me. It's a gift.'

The father hung the portrait over his mantle. Every time visitors came to his home he took them to see the portrait of his son before he showed them any of the other great works he had collected.

The man died a few months later. There was to be a great auction of his paintings. Many influential people gathered, excited over seeing the great paintings and having an opportunity to purchase one for their collection.

On the platform sat the painting of the son. The auctioneer pounded his gavel.
'We will start the bidding with this picture of the son. Who will bid for this picture?'

There was silence...

Then a voice in the back of the room shouted, 'We want to see the famous paintings. Skip this one.'

But the auctioneer persisted 'Will somebody bid for this painting? Who will start the bidding? $100, $200?'

Another voice angrily. 'We didn't come to see this painting. We came to see the Van Gogh's, the Rembrandts. Get on with the Real bids!'

But still the auctioneer continued. 'The son! The son! Who'll take the son?'

Finally, a voice came from the very back of the room. It was the longtime gardener of the man and his son. 'I'll give $10 for the painting...' Being a poor man, it was all he could afford.

'We have $10, who will bid $20?'
'Give it to him for $10. Let's see the masters.'

The crowd was becoming angry They didn't want the picture of the son.
They wanted the more worthy investments for their collections.

The auctioneer pounded the gavel..
'Going once, twice, SOLD for $10!'

A man sitting on the second row shouted, 'Now let's get on with the collection!'

The auctioneer laid down his gavel. 'I'm sorry, the auction is over.'

'What about the paintings?'

'I am sorry. When I was called to conduct this auction, I was told of a secret stipulation in the will... I was not allowed to reveal that stipulation until this time. Only the painting of the son would be auctioned. Whoever bought that painting would inherit the entire estate, including the paintings.

The man who took the son gets everything!'

God gave His son over 2,000 years ago to die on the Cross. Much like the auctioneer, His message today is: 'The Son, the Son, who'll take the Son?'

FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, WHO SO EVER BELIEVETH, SHALL HAVE ETERNAL LIFE...THAT'S LOVE

Because, you see, whoever takes the Son gets everything!

“Success doesn't change who you are. No, it reveals who you are.”
Do enjoy ur day

#Copied

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Will Take The Son? by Deathslater: 7:21am On Dec 22, 2016
Jesus Christ is lord!
Re: Who Will Take The Son? by MidasTouche01(m): 8:25am On Dec 22, 2016
It's a great story. But I don't like the way it's tied to JC
Re: Who Will Take The Son? by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 22, 2016
I want to buy kunu.
Re: Who Will Take The Son? by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 22, 2016
Ok

#YOLO
Re: Who Will Take The Son? by sonofluc1fer: 9:22am On Dec 22, 2016
See how Jesus just spoilt a good story.
Re: Who Will Take The Son? by jonbellion(m): 9:28am On Dec 22, 2016
sonofluc1fer:
lol bro
It's jesus we're talking about
Him and his bad market
Why are you surprised undecided
Re: Who Will Take The Son? by dillycool(f): 10:41am On Dec 22, 2016
monsurufatai:
I want to buy kunu.

I'll smack you.
Re: Who Will Take The Son? by dillycool(f): 10:42am On Dec 22, 2016
sonofluc1fer:

Take the moral of the story and learn from it instead on dwelling on what you feel is the negative.
Re: Who Will Take The Son? by sonofluc1fer: 10:45am On Dec 22, 2016
dillycool:

Take the moral of the story and learn from it instead on dwelling on what you feel is the negative.
Ok Ma.
Re: Who Will Take The Son? by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 22, 2016
dillycool:

I'll smack you.

Haaa shocked

Is this my sweetheart?

Please smack me hard tongue
Re: Who Will Take The Son? by dillycool(f): 1:42pm On Dec 22, 2016
monsurufatai:

Haaa shocked

Is this my sweetheart?

Please smack me hard tongue

Ashewo angry
Re: Who Will Take The Son? by HardMirror(m): 1:54pm On Dec 22, 2016
Mimzyy:

#Copied
Point is?
Re: Who Will Take The Son? by HardMirror(m): 1:55pm On Dec 22, 2016
dillycool:

The moral is?
We shld always buy paintings?
Re: Who Will Take The Son? by dillycool(f): 2:13pm On Dec 22, 2016
HardMirror:

The moral is?
We shld always buy paintings?

Little things count too.
Re: Who Will Take The Son? by HardMirror(m): 4:54pm On Dec 22, 2016
dillycool:

Little things count too.
So can't that message be passed across without mentioning jesus?
Re: Who Will Take The Son? by dillycool(f): 5:13pm On Dec 22, 2016
HardMirror:

So can't that message be passed across without mentioning jesus?

Focus on the message and ignore the part that irks you. It's simple innit?
Re: Who Will Take The Son? by HardMirror(m): 6:13pm On Dec 22, 2016
dillycool:

Focus on the message and ignore the part that irks you. It's simple innit?
Does not change the fact that it is one of those dumb christian stories aimed at swaying impressionable people. Disgusting
Re: Who Will Take The Son? by 0neal(m): 7:05pm On Dec 22, 2016
hmmm!!!

it's only a fool that will say there is no God

If you are an Athiest, why not focus on the story and forget the religious part.
the Attack on the name of JESUS is so immature.

Btw Jesus still Loves y'all and He died for y'all as well.

#Peace

1 Like

Re: Who Will Take The Son? by dillycool(f): 9:17pm On Dec 22, 2016
HardMirror:

Does not change the fact that it is one of those dumb christian stories aimed at swaying impressionable people. Disgusting

Free your mind from pent up anger, you'll see the beauty in the story.
Re: Who Will Take The Son? by benzics(m): 9:26pm On Dec 22, 2016
Seriously I was enjoying the story until Jesus spoilt everything , now the story doesn't even make sense to me.. Beautiful story anyways
Re: Who Will Take The Son? by dillycool(f): 10:54pm On Dec 22, 2016
Atheists everywhere.
Re: Who Will Take The Son? by mrmrmister: 11:00pm On Dec 22, 2016
sonofluc1fer:
Lmfao grin
I was enjoying the story until I got to that part,
I wish I could just unread it now sad

So op, I can buy the painting of Jesus for $10 and inherit his whole estate?
Like every damn thing?
Re: Who Will Take The Son? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Dec 22, 2016
Hmmmm..
Re: Who Will Take The Son? by HardMirror(m): 6:10am On Dec 23, 2016
mrmrmister:
Lmfao grin I was enjoying the story until I got to that part, I wish I could just unread it now sad
So op, I can buy the painting of Jesus for $10 and inherit his whole estate? Like every damn thing?
Dumb story
Re: Who Will Take The Son? by HardMirror(m): 6:12am On Dec 23, 2016
0neal:
hmmm!!!

it's only a fool that will say there is no God

If you are an Athiest, why not focus on the story and forget the religious part.
the Attack on the name of JESUS is so immature.

Btw Jesus still Loves ya'll and he died for ya'll as well.

#Peace

Only fools are christians hope you know? You can't be wise and be a christian. "He uses foolish things to confund the wise..." Read your bible before you spew trash online
Re: Who Will Take The Son? by 0neal(m): 1:06pm On Dec 23, 2016
HardMirror:

Only fools are christians hope you know? You can't be wise and be a christian. "He uses foolish things to confund the wise..."
Read your bible before you spew trash online

*Whoopz*

oh bless your heart Sir, please read Bible commentaries on the scripture (1 Corinthians 1:27-29) you quoted.

Below is a short version of the right interpretation

God used the disciples of Jesus who had little learning or eloquence to spread the gospel of LOVE, PEACE & GRACE, the weaker (Foolish) the instruments who converted souls for Christ, (2.2 Billion followers now and counting - my prayer is you'll become one someday) the greater was the display of the power of God.

Finally...Am sorry if my post hurt your feelings, but you know "truth is a bitter pill to swallow" Dont you?

BTW Compliments of the Season!!! smiley
Re: Who Will Take The Son? by 0neal(m): 1:16pm On Dec 23, 2016
dillycool:
Atheists everywhere.

My prayer for them is that

God open the eyes of their understanding to see the light of the truth, LOVE, JOY and GRACE God has made available through His son JESUS who died for all mankind, So we can have eternal Life
Re: Who Will Take The Son? by Mimzyy(f): 8:47am On Dec 24, 2016
HardMirror:

Dumb story

There's nothing dumb about it.

1 Like

Re: Who Will Take The Son? by HardMirror(m): 9:26am On Dec 24, 2016
Mimzyy:

There's nothing dumb about it.
Very dumb. Has no bearing with reality. It's a story for those who prefer fantasies to reality.

If you had an opportunity to bid for a house and you are not interested in the picture of the owner's son, what is the big deal. The story had no lessons in it. Interesting but Very dumb
Re: Who Will Take The Son? by Akposb(m): 10:29am On Dec 24, 2016
Perfect explanation of what Jesus birth and death means to all who profess his name and obey his commandments.
Re: Who Will Take The Son? by Nobody: 12:02am On Dec 29, 2016
This would have been a very interesting story if it wasn't for the Jesus's ending.

Honestly, I don't see no correlation

(1) (Reply)

The Non Existence Of Freewill And The Irrationality Of Divine Punishment. / One Of T. B Joshua's Scams / The Holy Rosary & The Pastor's Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.