Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,272 members, 7,811,802 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

Trinity; Between The Son And Holyspirit .. Who Is Greater ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Trinity; Between The Son And Holyspirit .. Who Is Greater ? (1157 Views)

Corona Virus Is Greater Than Yahweh And Allah / RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain / The Trinity Doctrine Is a False doctrine and it is Unbiblical. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trinity; Between The Son And Holyspirit .. Who Is Greater ? by Peacefullove: 3:25pm On Jul 18, 2017
I saw this comment from a Nairalander who advocates trinity.

" same principle applies to d trinity. In terms of authority God the Father is greater than the son and the son is greater than the Holy spirit "

To confirm the authenticity of this submission, Can someone clarify this as true or not , any reference from the Christian bible to back it ? three, How can The Son be greater if sin against the son can be forgiven but sin against holyspirit cannot be forgiven ?

#over to you
Re: Trinity; Between The Son And Holyspirit .. Who Is Greater ? by Peacefullove: 6:16pm On May 10, 2018
Re: Trinity; Between The Son And Holyspirit .. Who Is Greater ? by nans24: 7:23pm On May 10, 2018
The fact that no one answered you since 18th of July 2017 should tell you that people are tired of arguing weird crazy points from a bizzare fairytale book.

1 Like

Re: Trinity; Between The Son And Holyspirit .. Who Is Greater ? by Peacefullove: 8:26am On Aug 20, 2019
..why are trinitarians scared to answer

1 Like

Re: Trinity; Between The Son And Holyspirit .. Who Is Greater ? by Ihedinobi3: 5:10pm On Aug 20, 2019
Peacefullove:

" same principle applies to d trinity. In terms of authority God the Father is greater than the son and the son is greater than the Holy spirit "

To confirm the authenticity of this submission, Can someone clarify this as true or not , any reference from the Christian bible to back it ? three, How can The Son be greater if sin against the son can be forgiven but sin against holyspirit cannot be forgiven ?

#over to you
The Father is only greater than the Son in the Son's Humanity. As a Human Being, the Son is the Servant sent by His Father to suffer for the sins of the world and thus redeem the world back to the Father. But in His Deity, the Son is just as much God as the Father is. Just as the Son then is equal to the Father in Deity, so is the Spirit equal to both in His Deity.

1 Like

Re: Trinity; Between The Son And Holyspirit .. Who Is Greater ? by vybzkartel: 5:58pm On Aug 20, 2019
The son is a physical manifestation of the fully spirit Father, that is the difference

Jesus is the father in flesh
Re: Trinity; Between The Son And Holyspirit .. Who Is Greater ? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 20, 2019
I believe that the Word is greater than the Spirit, because the Spirit is the one that performs the Word, and since the Father is greater than the Son, that the Son who is the Word of God and the next in line should be greater than the Spirit.

John 16:13 (KJV)

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
Re: Trinity; Between The Son And Holyspirit .. Who Is Greater ? by Janosky: 9:30pm On Aug 20, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

The Father is only greater than the Son in the Son's Humanity. As a Human Being, the Son is the Servant sent by His Father to suffer for the sins of the world and thus redeem the world back to the Father. But in His Deity, the Son is just as much God as the Father is. Just as the Son then is equal to the Father in Deity, so is the Spirit equal to both in His Deity.

Where is the equality when Jesus is in heaven and maintain the status quo "my Father ", "my God "? Rev3:2,5. John 20:17.

Is the physical realm stronger than the spiritual realm ?
Why would one Deity be calling another Deity, (his equal,) "my God "?
Re: Trinity; Between The Son And Holyspirit .. Who Is Greater ? by Ihedinobi3: 10:07pm On Aug 20, 2019
Janosky:

Where is the equality when Jesus is in heaven and maintain the status quo "my Father ", "my God "? Rev3:2,5. John 20:17.

Is the physical realm stronger than the spiritual realm ?
Why would one Deity be calling another Deity, (his equal,) "my God "?

What do you mean by "status quo?"

As for the Lord's address of the Father as "my Father" and "my God," I already said in the post that you quoted that in His Humanity the Lord Jesus submits to the Father as greater than Himself. He is still Human in Heaven in addition to being God. So He retains both equality and subservience to the Father. As Deity, He is equal to the Father. As resurrected Human, He is the Father's Son and Regent.

As for the comparative strength of realms, I'm not even sure what to make of that question.

As for one Deity calling another "my God," that is all your imagination. There is only one God, not two. The Lord Jesus, the Father, and the Spirit are all one God. And They regard Each Other as God as Hebrews 1 shows of the Father and the Son.

1 Like

Re: Trinity; Between The Son And Holyspirit .. Who Is Greater ? by StrikeBack(m): 10:28pm On Aug 20, 2019
The human mind is actually the greatest
Re: Trinity; Between The Son And Holyspirit .. Who Is Greater ? by Janosky: 1:59am On Aug 22, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

What do you mean by "status quo?"

@1) As for the Lord's address of the Father as "my Father" and "my God," I already said in the post that you quoted that in His Humanity the Lord Jesus submits to the Father as greater than Himself. He is still Human in Heaven in addition to being God. So He retains both equality and subservience to the Father. As Deity, He is equal to the Father. As resurrected Human, He is the Father's Son and Regent.

As for the comparative strength of realms, I'm not even sure what to make of that question.

@2) As for one Deity calling another "my God," that is all your imagination. There is only one God, not two. The Lord Jesus, the Father, and the Spirit are all one God.

@1)
"In His Humanity the Lord Jesus submits to the Father . He is still Human in Heaven in addition to being God."
Where is the Scriptural proof ?

@2)
Does flesh and blood dwell in heaven?
Pls, present the proof from your Bible.

@3)
You said Jesus is "Deity". If "there is only one God",which "Deity" is he calling "my God "?

@4)
The term "ONLY ONE", means what?
Re: Trinity; Between The Son And Holyspirit .. Who Is Greater ? by Ihedinobi3: 8:55am On Aug 23, 2019
Janosky:

@1)
"In His Humanity the Lord Jesus submits to the Father . He is still Human in Heaven in addition to being God."
Where is the Scriptural proof ?

@2)
Does flesh and blood dwell in heaven?
Pls, present the proof from your Bible.

@3)
You said Jesus is "Deity". If "there is only one God",which "Deity" is he calling "my God "?

@4)
The term "ONLY ONE", means what?
Per your first question, all of the Bible is proof of it, but you could read just the book of Revelation to get it in no time. The Lamb that looks like it has only just been killed is a symbol of the Lord Jesus's Sacrificial and Resurrected Humanity. His command of the Angels (Revelation 22:13) and use of the same qualifiers for Himself as the Father (Revelation 22:13, e.g, compare Revelation 21:6) uses for Himself are proof of His Deity.

Regarding your second question, 1 Corinthians 15:50 is clear that it cannot. Our present bodies are sinful and must be changed for us to even fellowship with God in them. That is why when we die, we are given "interim bodies" (2 Corinthians 5:3 in Greek; Revelation 6:11) for our spirits, and at the Resurrection, we are given new bodies, the full details of which are yet unknown to us in which our spirits will live forever (1 Corinthians 15). The Lord Jesus rose from the dead with a new body (Luke 24:36-43), so He is not a disembodied spirit in Heaven.

Regarding your third question, there is no other God except One. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are one God, although Each is a Separate Person. The Lord Jesus addresses the Father as His God, just as the Father addresses Him as Most High God too. That does not make two Gods, according to the Bible. It just makes two Separate Persons Who are One in Essence.

Per your last question, I don't think that the term is confusing. It means exactly what it says.
Re: Trinity; Between The Son And Holyspirit .. Who Is Greater ? by BetterChurch: 11:08am On Aug 23, 2019
Peacefullove:

#over to you

In the Christian theology, The Father, Son and the Holy Spirit are equal in divinity. The Son was 'begotten by the Father' not made nor created; while the Holy Spirit 'proceed' from the Father and the Son.
Re: Trinity; Between The Son And Holyspirit .. Who Is Greater ? by Janosky: 1:08pm On Aug 23, 2019
BetterChurch:

@1) In the Christian theology, The Father, Son and the Holy Spirit are equal in divinity. The Son was 'begotten by the Father' not made nor created;

@2)
while the Holy Spirit 'proceed' from the Father and the Son.

Lols.... Laughter is the best medicine..
Re: Trinity; Between The Son And Holyspirit .. Who Is Greater ? by Janosky: 1:36pm On Aug 23, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

@1) Per your first question, all of the Bible is proof of it, but you could read just the book of Revelation to get it in no time. The Lamb that looks like it has only just been killed is a symbol of the Lord Jesus's Sacrificial and Resurrected Humanity.

@1B)
His command of the
Angels (Revelation 22:13) and use of the
same qualifiers for Himself as the Father
(Revelation 22:13, e.g, compare Revelation
21:6) uses for Himself are proof of His Deity.
@1)
"In His Humanity the Lord Jesus... is still
Human in Heaven in addition to being
God."
In other words,my question is BRING PROOF that :
(I)'Jesus is still human in heaven"

(1B) in addition to being God."

**Oga Ihedinobi, your answer to @1) is off key and INCONCLUSIVE... You have NO PROOF that Jesus Christ is human in heaven.

**Your answer to @1B) Jesus "use of the
same qualifiers for Himself as the Father"; OK.
From whom or where did Jesus receive or acquire those qualifiers of his Deity ?
Re: Trinity; Between The Son And Holyspirit .. Who Is Greater ? by BetterChurch: 2:02pm On Aug 23, 2019
Janosky:

Lols.... Laughter is the best medicine..

I understand but that is the very foundation of the Christian doctrine. It's worth respecting though spiritually incorrect.
Re: Trinity; Between The Son And Holyspirit .. Who Is Greater ? by Janosky: 2:16pm On Aug 23, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

@3)

Regarding your third question, there is no other God except One. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are one God, although Each is a Separate Person.

@4)
The Lord Jesus addresses the Father as His God, just as the Father addresses Him as Most High God too.

@5)
That does not make two Gods, according to the Bible. It just makes two Separate Persons Who are One in Essence.

Per your last question, I don't think that the term is confusing. It means exactly what it says.

To your last sentence, my response is this:
"ONLY ONE" God is STRICTLY singular, ALONE, not a subset of three separate persons or entities.
Trinitarians formed that man made concept and twisted the holy Scriptures to achieve their dubious ends.

@4) Give us the holy Scripture where YHWH called Jesus Christ the "Most High God"

*** essence
/ˈɛs(ə)ns/
noun
1. the intrinsic nature or indispensable
quality of something, especially
something abstract, which determines
its character.

ESSENCE | meaning in the Cambridge
English Dictionary
https://dictionary.cambridge.org › essence

@3 & @5)
In other words, The Cambridge dictionary says
Two Separate Persons Who are One in Essence (quality/character/nature)"
CAN NOT BE ONE GOD, one entity, one being.

"Yahweh our God is one Yahweh" Deu 6:4.
"The only true God" is NOT Jesus Christ. John17:3. 20:17.
Re: Trinity; Between The Son And Holyspirit .. Who Is Greater ? by Ihedinobi3: 2:25pm On Aug 23, 2019
Janosky:

@1)
"In His Humanity the Lord Jesus... is still
Human in Heaven in addition to being
God."
In other words,my question is BRING PROOF that :
(I)'Jesus is still human in heaven"

(1B) in addition to being God."

**Oga Ihedinobi, your answer to @1) is off key and INCONCLUSIVE... You have NO PROOF that Jesus Christ is human in heaven.

**Your answer to @1B) Jesus "use of the
same qualifiers for Himself as the Father"; OK.
From whom or where did Jesus receive or acquire those qualifiers of his Deity ?
Very well then. I'll just post the passages in Revelation, since it appears that you couldn't read them yourself:

[1]I saw in the right hand of Him who sat on the throne a book written inside and on the back, sealed up with seven seals. [2]And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, "Who is worthy to open the book and to break its seals?" [3]And no one in heaven or on the earth or under the earth was able to open the book or to look into it. [4]Then I began to weep greatly because no one was found worthy to open the book or to look into it; [5]and one of the elders said to me, "Stop weeping; behold, the Lion that is from the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has overcome so as to open the book and its seven seals." [6]And I saw between the throne (with the four living creatures) and the elders a Lamb standing, as if slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God, sent out into all the earth. [7]And He came and took the book out of the right hand of Him who sat on the throne. [8]When He had taken the book, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each one holding a harp and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.
Revelation 5:1-8 NASB

First, this is Heaven that John has been taken to in the power of the Spirit, so he is witnessing things in Heaven.

Second, the Lamb is Jesus Christ. But the Lamb is the Sacrificial symbol of Law, that is why John the Baptist calls the Lord Jesus in His Humanity "the Lamb of God" (John 1:29, 36). Here we see the Lamb as "freshly slain," but clearly alive, so this bespeaks both the Sacrifice of our Lord in His Humanity and His Resurrection as a Human Being too. So, the Lamb here is speaking of the Presence of Jesus Christ in Heaven as the Resurrected Human Savior.

Third, the Lamb is called the Root of David in the above passage. This harks back to the challenge that the Lord gave to the Scribes, Pharisees, and Sadducees in Matthew 22:41-46; Mark 12:35-37; and Luke 20:41-44. How could the Lord be the Son of David if He was also David's Lord? In Revelation 4:5, He is called the Root of David, just as He calls Himself in Revelation 22:16. The answer is because He created David. He is the Root of David because He is Deity.

I'll add to the above that after the Lord's bodily Resurrection from Death, there is no place in Scripture that teaches that He ceased to be Human. Not one.

But we can also look at the other passages I gave you:

[5]And He who sits on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new." And He said, "Write, for these words are faithful and true." [6]Then He said to me, "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost. [7]He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son.
Revelation 21:5-7 NASB

The Speaker above is the Father.

[12]"Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done. [13]I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end." [14]Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city. [15]Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the immoral persons and the murderers and the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying. [16]"I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star."
Revelation 22:12-16 NASB

The Speaker above is self-evidently the Lord Jesus (see v.16).

In both passages above, the Father and the Lord Jesus call Themselves The Alpha and The Omega, and The Beginning and The End.

That makes sense if they are both God. And in fact they are. But more importantly, this shows that even after Resurrection, the Lord Jesus is still God in Heaven. He didn't cease being God because He became Human too.

Now, you asked from whom or where the Lord received these qualifiers. I don't see the point of the question. The Bible does not teach in any point that He received them from anywhere, any more than it teaches that the Father received them from anywhere either. These things are simply what They are because They are God. The titles "Alpha and Omega" and "Beginning and End" only speak to the timelessness of God and His Position as the Cause and Purpose or Goal of all things. That is, God comprehends all of existence: He began it, and He is the end or goal of it.

Now, I don't think there is any human being with a functioning brain who is incapable of making a choice to accept or reject the above, or who cannot say that the above is off-key and inconclusive and that I have no proof that the Lord is still Human in Heaven. That is easy enough to say, but whether it is true or not is up to each person's conscience to decide. For my part, I stand with whatever the Bible says. And I see it say that the Lord made a huge Sacrifice in "putting aside" His Deity momentarily to assume fragile Humanity so that He could pay for my sins and the sins of the whole world, and not only that but by doing so He has married Humanity to God, making all who believe one with Him in a way that is beyond all generosity, for the Eternal God Himself became Man too forever. That is how great His Love for wicked sinners like us is. I cannot find fault with that. I can only with the angels bow down too and worship.

1 Like

Re: Trinity; Between The Son And Holyspirit .. Who Is Greater ? by Ihedinobi3: 2:44pm On Aug 23, 2019
Janosky:

essence
/ˈɛs(ə)ns/
noun
its character.

English Dictionary

@3 & @5)
In other words, The Cambridge dictionary says Oga Ihedinobi is twisting the Scriptures and lying.
FACT: "Two Separate Persons Who are One in Essence (quality/character/nature)" CAN NOT BE ONE GOD, one entity, one being.

You know, you have called me a liar before, and I ignored you. But whether you are right or not is yet to be seen.

Now, if the above proves that I am a liar, I will not challenge your opinion of me again. But if it proves that I told the Truth, I will always remind you of your cruel dishonesty wherever I have to deal with you again on this board.

If, as your dictionary definition says, "essence" refers to nature or quality, especially in an abstract sense, in such a way as to determine the character of a thing, then how does my claim that Two Persons share Deity as their Nature make me a liar? If the Two act like, speak like, and operate in every way like they are both God, is it illogical to say that they have the same Nature or the same Character?

Actually, it isn't at all. So, more than one person can be one in essence, since as far as all matters of nature/quality/character go, they are really the same.

However, that is semantics. I'm a Bible teacher more than a linguist, so I will repeat the argument I made on the other thread that you saw fit to attack me with your false accusations on:

In Deuteronomy 6:4, the Scripture says:

[4]"Hear, O Israel! The Lord is our God, the Lord is one!
Deuteronomy 6:4 NASB

So, we know that there is only one God.

In John 20:17, the Scripture says:

[17]Jesus said to her, "Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.'"
John 20:17 NASB

And in John 8:54, it also says:

[54]Jesus answered, "If I glorify Myself, My glory is nothing; it is My Father who glorifies Me, of whom you say, 'He is our God';
John 8:54 NASB

So, we know that the Father is God.

In Hebrews 1:6, 8-12, the Scripture says again:

[6]And when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says, "And let all the angels of God worship Him."
[8]But of the Son He says, "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, And the righteous scepter is the scepter of His kingdom.
[9]"You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness above Your companions."
[10]And, "You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, And the heavens are the works of Your hands;
[11]They will perish, but You remain; And they all will become old like a garment,
[12]And like a mantle You will roll them up; Like a garment they will also be changed. But You are the same, And Your years will not come to an end."

Hebrews 1:6,8-12 NASB

So, we know that the Son is God too.

And in 2 Corinthians 3:17, the Scriptures says as well:

[17]Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
2 Corinthians 3:17 NASB

Since the Greek word κύριος, which is translated "Lord" here, is used to translate the Tetragrammaton, that is, the Name YHVH/YHWH, in the New Testament, we know from here that the Holy Spirit is God too.

The logical conclusion then is that although there is One God alone, there are Three Persons identified as God in the Bible.

As to whether they are separate, the Scripture says:

[16]I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever;
[17]that is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you.

John 14:16-17 NASB

So, we know that the Scripture teaches that there are three separate Persons Who each are fully God in their Own Right but Who together are the One God.

This teaching is what is dubbed the Doctrine of the Trinity.

Now, it is entirely your problem whether you want to believe the foregoing or not, not mine. I don't care if you believe it. It says what it says.
Re: Trinity; Between The Son And Holyspirit .. Who Is Greater ? by Janosky: 2:47pm On Aug 23, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Very well then. I'll just post the passages in Revelation, since it appears that you couldn't read them yourself:

[1]I saw in the right hand of Him who sat on the throne a book written inside and on the back, sealed up with seven seals. [2]And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, "Who is worthy to open the book and to break its seals?" [3]And no one in heaven or on the earth or under the earth was able to open the book or to look into it. [4]Then I began to weep greatly because no one was found worthy to open the book or to look into it; [5]and one of the elders said to me, "Stop weeping; behold, the Lion that is from the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has overcome so as to open the book and its seven seals." [6]And I saw between the throne (with the four living creatures) and the elders a Lamb standing, as if slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God, sent out into all the earth. [7]And He came and took the book out of the right hand of Him who sat on the throne. [8]When He had taken the book, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each one holding a harp and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.
Revelation 5:1-8 NASB

First, this is Heaven that John has been taken to in the power of the Spirit, so he is witnessing things in Heaven.

Second, the Lamb is Jesus Christ. But the Lamb is the Sacrificial symbol of Law, that is why John the Baptist calls the Lord Jesus in His Humanity "the Lamb of God" (John 1:29, 36). Here we see the Lamb as "freshly slain," but clearly alive, so this bespeaks both the Sacrifice of our Lord in His Humanity and His Resurrection as a Human Being too. So, the Lamb here is speaking of the Presence of Jesus Christ in Heaven as the Resurrected Human Savior.

Third, the Lamb is called the Root of David in the above passage. This harks back to the challenge that the Lord gave to the Scribes, Pharisees, and Sadducees in Matthew 22:41-46; Mark 12:35-37; and Luke 20:41-44. How could the Lord be the Son of David if He was also David's Lord? In Revelation 4:5, He is called the Root of David, just as He calls Himself in Revelation 22:16. The answer is because He created David. He is the Root of David because He is Deity.

I'll add to the above that after the Lord's bodily Resurrection from Death, there is no place in Scripture that teaches that He ceased to be Human. Not one.

But we can also look at the other passages I gave you:

[5]And He who sits on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new." And He said, "Write, for these words are faithful and true." [6]Then He said to me, "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost. [7]He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son.
Revelation 21:5-7 NASB

The Speaker above is the Father.

[12]"Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done. [13]I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end." [14]Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city. [15]Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the immoral persons and the murderers and the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying. [16]"I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star."
Revelation 22:12-16 NASB

The Speaker above is self-evidently the Lord Jesus (see v.16).

In both passages above, the Father and the Lord Jesus call Themselves The Alpha and The Omega, and The Beginning and The End.

That makes sense if they are both God. And in fact they are. But more importantly, this shows that even after Resurrection, the Lord Jesus is still God in Heaven. He didn't cease being God because He became Human too.

Now, you asked from whom or where the Lord received these qualifiers. I don't see the point of the question. The Bible does not teach in any point that He received them from anywhere, any more than it teaches that the Father received them from anywhere either. These things are simply what They are because They are God. The titles "Alpha and Omega" and "Beginning and End" only speak to the timelessness of God and His Position as the Cause and Purpose or Goal of all things. That is, God comprehends all of existence: He began it, and He is the end or goal of it.

Now, I don't think there is any human being with a functioning brain who is incapable of making a choice to accept or reject the above, or who cannot say that the above is off-key and inconclusive and that I have no proof that the Lord is still Human in Heaven. That is easy enough to say, but whether it is true or not is up to each person's conscience to decide. For my part, I stand with whatever the Bible says. And I see it say that the Lord made a huge Sacrifice in "putting aside" His Deity momentarily to assume fragile Humanity so that He could pay for my sins and the sins of the whole world, and not only that but by doing so He has married Humanity to God, making all who believe one with Him in a way that is beyond all generosity, for the Eternal God Himself became Man too forever. That is how great His Love for wicked sinners like us is. I cannot find fault with that. I can only with the angels bow down too and worship.

@1)
"The Lamb " in Revelation na human being?

@2)
how did "the Lamb" get to heaven with out dying ?

@3)
"I'll add to the above that after the Lord's bodily Resurrection from Death, there is no place in Scripture that teaches that He ceased to be Human. Not one."
1 Cor15:45-50
LIAR.....
Re: Trinity; Between The Son And Holyspirit .. Who Is Greater ? by Ihedinobi3: 3:01pm On Aug 23, 2019
Janosky:

To your last sentence, my response is this:
"ONLY ONE" God is STRICTLY singular, ALONE, not a subset of three separate persons or entities.
Trinitarians formed that man made concept and twisted the holy Scriptures to achieve their dubious ends.

@4) Give us the holy Scripture where YHWH called Jesus Christ the "Most High God"

*** essence
/ˈɛs(ə)ns/
noun
its character.

English Dictionary

@3 & @5)
In other words, The Cambridge dictionary says
Two Separate Persons Who are One in Essence (quality/character/nature)"
CAN NOT BE ONE GOD, one entity, one being.

"The only true God" is NOT Jesus Christ. John17:3. 20:17.
As for your additions above,

1. I certainly am not arguing with you what "only one" means. "Only one" means "only one." I can't see any confusion there. As for your arguments about what Trinitarians did or didn't do, I couldn't be less bothered. I follow what I see in the Bible, and I don't see it teach anywhere that there is more than one God. Interestingly, it is Jehovah's Witnesses like you who teach that there is more than one God with Jesus being a different but lesser God than the Father. So I suppose that argument you are making is one that you need to make in the mirror.

2. This is John 17:3:

[3]This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
John 17:3 NASB

And this is John 20:17:

[17]Jesus said to her, "Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.'"
John 20:17 NASB

I don't see anything there that says or even implies that Jesus Christ is not God. They just say...

In the first, that the Father is the Only True God. But if Jesus is the same in essence as the Father, then it means that He also is the Only True God;

And in the second, that Jesus recognizes the Father as His Father and ours as well as His God and ours too. If Jesus was truly Human and His Birth was brought about by God's Special Agency, then, of course, it makes sense that He calls God Father. But He didn't have to be Human to call God God, since God is God no matter who is addressing Him. The qualifier "my", however, is added because there are many different humans worshipping and claiming many different gods. The Lord came to redeem us back to a specific God, the True God Himself. Therefore, He makes it clear that He is ascending to a specific God, His Own, the One that He came to reconcile us to. But this does not mean at all that He is not God. It just makes clear that the Father is His God, thus underlining His common Humanity with us. And that does not preclude His Own Deity, as Hebrews 1 later shows.
Re: Trinity; Between The Son And Holyspirit .. Who Is Greater ? by Ihedinobi3: 3:06pm On Aug 23, 2019
Janosky:

@1)
"The Lamb " in Revelation na human being?

@2)
how did "the Lamb" get to heaven with out dying ?

@3)
"I'll add to the above that after the Lord's bodily Resurrection from Death, there is no place in Scripture that teaches that He ceased to be Human. Not one."
1 Cor15:45-50
LIAR.....
Regarding your first two questions, what would you say that the Lamb in Revelation 4 is? I'm curious to know.

Regarding your last, this is 1 Corinthians 15:45-50:

[45]So also it is written, "The first man, Adam, became a living soul." The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.
[46]However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural; then the spiritual.
[47]The first man is from the earth, earthy; the second man is from heaven.
[48]As is the earthy, so also are those who are earthy; and as is the heavenly, so also are those who are heavenly.
[49]Just as we have borne the image of the earthy, we will also bear the image of the heavenly. The Mystery of Resurrection
[50]Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

1 Corinthians 15:45-50 NASB

Now then, what makes me a liar?
Re: Trinity; Between The Son And Holyspirit .. Who Is Greater ? by Janosky: 3:23pm On Aug 23, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

Regarding your first two questions, what would you say that Lamb in Revelation 4 is? I'm curious to know.

Regarding your last, this is 1 Corinthians 15:45-50:

[45]So also it is written, "The first man, Adam, became a living soul." The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.
[46]However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural; then the spiritual.
[47]The first man is from the earth, earthy; the second man is from heaven.
[48]As is the earthy, so also are those who are earthy; and as is the heavenly, so also are those who are heavenly.
[49]Just as we have borne the image of the earthy, we will also bear the image of the heavenly. The Mystery of Resurrection
[50]Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

1 Corinthians 15:45-50 NASB

Now then, what makes me a liar?

The resurrected Jesus is a life giving spirit..... since his sacrificial death.
The last Adam is NOT a human being.

Revelation chapter 4 is a testimony of Praise and Glory to Jehovah, especially verses 8-11.

** Jesus Christ says it is his God & his Father's throne , Revelation 3:12,21.

Jehovah The God and Father owns the heavenly throne he permitted Jesus Christ to sit there..
Matt28:18 "All authority in heaven and earth has been GIVEN to me,"
Jehovah gave it to Jesus...
Stop deceiving yourself.
Re: Trinity; Between The Son And Holyspirit .. Who Is Greater ? by Ihedinobi3: 3:38pm On Aug 23, 2019
Janosky:

The resurrected Jesus is a life giving spirit..... since his sacrificial death.
The last Adam is NOT a human being.

Revelation chapter 4 is a testimony of Praise and Glory to Jehovah, especially verses 8-11.

** Jesus Christ says it is his God & his Father's throne , Revelation 3:12,21.

Jehovah The God and Father owns the heavenly throne he permitted Jesus Christ to sit there..
Matt28:18 "All authority in heaven and earth has been GIVEN to me,"
Jehovah gave it to Jesus...
Stop deceiving yourself.

I don't see where it says, "the resurrected Jesus is a life-giving spirit...since his sacrificial death." It's not in 1 Corinthians 15 at all. I think you made that up all by yourself.

So I cannot believe that the last Adam is NOT a human being. I also consider this line of argument incredibly curious. Is it also the Jehovah's Witnesses's position that Jesus Christ was not truly Human? I mean, it's basically the same thing to deny His Deity as to deny His Sacrifice for us, so to go from that to denying His Humanity is not all that strange, but I don't believe I have ever heard a Jehovah's Witness deny the Humanity of Jesus Christ.

As for your second paragraph, I'm afraid I don't see your answer here. Are you saying that the Father is the Lamb that was freshly slain?

As to the Throne belonging to the Father and to God, of course, that is true. You and I have no argument there. Because Jesus is God, the Throne belongs to Him too. But in His Humanity, He won the right to sit there by His servant-like obedience to the Father, so, He has double rights to the Throne: the right of Deity and the right of perfectly obedient Humanity.

As for Matthew 28:18, I agree that the Lord Jesus received all rights to rule over all Creation after the Cross, although He also had the rights by inheritance too, being David's Seed (John 18:33-37). I have addressed that above. But I don't know what that has to do with anything here. If you are attempting to explain why Jesus calls Himself Alpha and Omega and Beginning and End, I think you are mixing things up. The right to rule is not the same as the right to claim to be the beginning and meaning of all things. We too will reign with the Lord, sitting with Him on His Throne (Revelation 3:21; 21:7), are we then the Alpha and the Omega and the Beginning and the End too?

(1) (Reply)

Are You Having Painful Knee??? / See What Some Pastors Have Turned Christianity Into / Donald Trump Will Be The Last President Of The USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.