Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,883 members, 7,817,598 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Why You Should Not Get Caught Up In Inter-tribal E-fights - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why You Should Not Get Caught Up In Inter-tribal E-fights (597 Views)

Nigerian Lady With Tribal Marks Almost Committed Suicide (Photos) / The Origin Of Tribal Marks Practice In Nigeria,styles And Reasons. (photos) / Inter-tribal Marriages In Nigeria - Benefits! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Not Get Caught Up In Inter-tribal E-fights by WORLDPEACE(m): 7:26am On Dec 22, 2016
Been on this forum for a minute and I see the inter-tribal fights never end. I think it is really slow and I hope I can appeal to your common sense. Here are a few reasons if you care about upgrading your intelligence.
1. E-tribalists are cowards.
Faceless forums help people become anything they want to be. Some people think they can become supermen of their tribes, combing every nook and cranny of the internet, defending their tribes and attacking others. No sane person in real life goes about attacking other people 24/7 without ever caring what people think of them. Even an insane person would have to work really hard at it. We might attack others in moments of careless insensitivity that can be chalked up to temporary insanity, but no one is temporarily insane all the time.
So if you fight people of other tribes here all day but keep your mouth shut in the streets, you are just a coward. Don’t be a coward masquerading as an insane person. Cowardice is not an admirable quality.

2. Many E-tribalists are minors.
By this I mean many nairaland tribalists have not yet reached the legal age of maturity which is 18. Unfortunately, the forums membership rules does not include being an adult before you can comment on topics. So by law many of the guys fighting here are not yet fully responsible for their actions. Being able to read and write is all you need to be here, and you don’t even need to be proficient at it. Once you can string together a few social media abbreviations you are good to go.
A young person’s views on things changes very fast. Seven years from now, they probably wouldn’t believe half of the things they believe right now. That also includes the way they feel about other peoples. So before you start getting irate and loading your virtual clip at a minor, remember that.

3. You don’t want to be a weak and sentimental person
The war you are fighting is as old as man and will never be won. You are never going to silence everybody who feels some type of way about you. You can’t prove a point to everyone who thinks they are better than you just by virtue of their belonging to a particular tribe.
If someone says something derogatory about your people and you dwell on it you are just going to want to get even. Instead of that, just look at it as a chance to prove to yourself that you have self-control.

4. It’s not that important
Really, it is not. All that noise you’re making, the Fagani people of the Solomon Islands don’t know about it. I had to use google to know the Fagani people exist. They don’t know about how annoying that tribe that occupies the territory not far from yours is. You don’t know about the Fagani people and their enemies either. They know that they are not the only humans on this earth though. That’s all that counts. We are all humans and we are related. In a two thousand years, all Nigerian tribes may not exist anymore, but their genes will continue. That’s what’s important

That’s it for now. You can add yours.
Lalasticlala seun let this one set my people free.
Re: Why You Should Not Get Caught Up In Inter-tribal E-fights by Wulfruna(f): 8:16am On Dec 22, 2016
Number 2 is not particularly true. I know the Facebook names of some of the worst E-tribalists here. They are 'old' married men with children.

What most e-tribalists lack is a life and intelligence.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Get Caught Up In Inter-tribal E-fights by WORLDPEACE(m): 8:37am On Dec 22, 2016
Wulfruna:
Number 2 is not particularly true. I know the Facebook names of some of the worst E-tribalists here. They are 'old' married men with children.

What most e-tribalists lack is a life and intelligence.
Well, they've made themselves children now. Let's give them time to grow up.
Re: Why You Should Not Get Caught Up In Inter-tribal E-fights by babyfaceafrica: 9:58pm On Dec 22, 2016
They are naïve,immature and should be ignored!!!!..the lack intellectual sagacity to discuss mind provoking issues..they are kids at heart..ignore them!!!

(1) (Reply)

Where Some African Slaves Happy To Leave? / What Is So Special About A Woman? See The Amazing And Perfect Answer / Traditional Regalia Of The Oba Of Lagos Destroyed In Mysterious Fire...see Detai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.