Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Why I Retired Early From Football – Okocha - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why I Retired Early From Football – Okocha (530 Views)

Two Major Reasons Why I Retired From Super Eagles – Mikel Obi / Usain Bolt Retires From Football After Two Matches! / 9 Players Who Retired Early From International Football – And Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Retired Early From Football – Okocha by abila122: 3:17pm On Dec 22, 2016

Former Super Eagles captain, Austin ‘Jay Jay’ Okocha’, has revealed that his decision to retire early from active football, was due to lack of enough playing time.

Okocha made the shock decision to hang up his boots in 2008 at 34.“I must confess that [not getting a lot of playing time] was one of the main reasons why I retired from playing at a very young age,” Okocha told media men at a press conference organised by Star Times.

“I believe that it is not worth it to train from Monday to Friday just to have 20 minutes on the pitch or sit on the bench on Saturday. I am very competitive.”

The midfielder who last represented Nigeria in 2006, made 75 appearances for the Eagles and scored 14 times.

Source: http://nigerianewsnow.com.ng/2016/12/22/why-i-retired-early-from-football-okocha/
Re: Why I Retired Early From Football – Okocha by Silvereze(m): 3:22pm On Dec 22, 2016
I think he left when the ovation was high.....
Re: Why I Retired Early From Football – Okocha by pointstores(m): 3:27pm On Dec 22, 2016
i remember jj is just too playfull with is skills

(1) (Reply)

Can Zlatan Surpass Messi's Record? / [photo] David Beckham Stops To Rescue An Elderly Woman After She Falls Over / Egypt Vs Cameroon 1:1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.