Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,189 members, 7,829,260 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Crystal Palace Sack Manager Alan Pardew After Disastrous Run Of Results - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Crystal Palace Sack Manager Alan Pardew After Disastrous Run Of Results (337 Views)

Mourinho On Longest Winless Run Of His Career / West Brom Appoint Alan Pardew As New Manager / Alan Pardew Set For West Brom Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Crystal Palace Sack Manager Alan Pardew After Disastrous Run Of Results by onyekamikkyval: 4:22pm On Dec 22, 2016
Crystal Palace have sacked manager Alan Pardew with the club 17th in the Premier League.
Pardew was appointed on a three-and-a-half-year deal in January 2015 but the 55-year-old has been dismissed after a run of one victory in 11 games.
Palace have taken just 26 points from their last 36 Premier League matches and are only one point above the relegation zone.
Former England boss Sam Allardyce is the bookmakers' favourite to take over.
"Personally I have a lot of good feelings for this football club and am sad that my time there has ended," Pardew, who made more than 100 appearances for Palace as a player between 1987 and 1991, said in a statement.
"I feel that I have a special bond with the club and hope that hasn't been affected."
Chairman Steve Parish added: "During his tenure, Alan's hard work and dedication were without question. He has improved so many areas of the club."
Palace have yet to confirm who will take charge of the team for their league fixture at Watford on Boxing Day.

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Beat Moments In The Premier League 2016 / The British Company Isn’t Afraid / Mikel Obi Undergoes Successful Surgery In UK [PHOTO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.