Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,342 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Lagos Residents Buying Lake Rice Queue Up. PICS - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Lagos Residents Buying Lake Rice Queue Up. PICS (45386 Views)

Nigerians Queue To Buy Made-In-Ghana Garri / Unpacking, Cooking & Reviewing LAKE Rice (photos) / Lady Shares Free Food To Lagos Residents. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Residents Buying Lake Rice Queue Up. PICS by soarz(m): 6:38am On Dec 23, 2016
Lagos is always Lagos. This is Lagos
Re: Lagos Residents Buying Lake Rice Queue Up. PICS by Oildichotomy(m): 6:47am On Dec 23, 2016
fyneguy:

I will be polite, though you deserve a harsh response.

This development is worth celebrating because the rice is locally produced. The pressure on Naira is partly due to the high demand for forex for rice importation. This development, among others, means the pressure on our currency will reduce, over time. It will also buoy our economy.

Let's be positive minded and patriotic. We do not have another country we can call ours.
You know what, If standing in a queue to buy rice from the government in this 21st century is your definition of being positive-minded and patriotic, then you are as gullible as they come.

I have noticed something about Nigerians and our penchant for celebrating mediocrity in different guise and embellish it under the bastardised patriotic mantra. This development has made us who and where we are at 56 and unfortunately politicians have succeeded in milking this to their advantage.

This is RICE for crying out loud and for me is NEVER an item to score cheap political point or chant any misguided patriotism about.

And as for your threat of a harsh response. Please come of it bro undecided
Re: Lagos Residents Buying Lake Rice Queue Up. PICS by DonCortino: 7:03am On Dec 23, 2016
NigeriaKitchen:
Nigerian politicians are really funny; they know how to distract Nigerians, rice is now the national development projects our governors and FG should have focused on, chai cry cry

Most Nigerians are really stupid! Who caused the rice scarcity and increment at first?
Re: Lagos Residents Buying Lake Rice Queue Up. PICS by jliusadura(m): 7:29am On Dec 23, 2016
NigeriaKitchen:
my brother/sister, I am not here to defend any state governor o, I am a Nigerian first before any other tribe....I am referring to all Nigerian state governors....its so shameful, they are deceiving us the masses with all these nonsense rice.
Free
What Nigerians need are:

1. Employment opportunities
2. Security
3. Steady electricity
4. Enabling policies and grants to fuel nationwide industrialization and entrepreneurship

With the four aforementioned things in place, Nigeria will become so great with time, but sadly our politicians are focusing on temporary projects that will distract Nigerians and confuse us into voting for them come 2019, its really sad.

All the state governors are guilty and the same angry
Are you saying this initiative is not providing employment? Remember the rice is locally produced with many on farms and factories. Are you saying food security is not a way to prevent insecurity? There are many advantages associated with the project, you only need to think rationally.
Re: Lagos Residents Buying Lake Rice Queue Up. PICS by DaBullIT(m): 7:46am On Dec 23, 2016
Yes, I pain me say adult body but small pikin brain na im i dey follow argue since

i con dey feel sorry say i don chi ubanka well well

So sorry but if you wan lie , lie correct lie
sekundosekundo:

E pain am well well
Re: Lagos Residents Buying Lake Rice Queue Up. PICS by LorDBolton(m): 8:24am On Dec 23, 2016
swiperthefox:
I am not surprised that you could not convey your arguement or opinion without curses and being tribalistic. You are a typical example of what is wrong with our country. Nigeria is 56 and we already have the local rice for whoever favours it before . You want me to start jumping up and down with joy that they repackaged local rice and called it Lake rice? I am not gonna argue with a tabla rasa with a foul mouth.
Nigeria is 56 bla bla bla

Oga continue in your delusion, don't jump up and down to celebrate.

Continue wallowing in that cesspit of ignorance, don't open your eyes and ears to the renewed vigour with which M.I.N goods are being championed.

It's dummies like you who criticised the min of scitech for his comments on pencils...
Saying Nigeria is 56 bla bla bla.
Words of someone with zero strategic mindset.

You're indeed the Tabula-rasa, devoid of ideas, full of criticisms.
Re: Lagos Residents Buying Lake Rice Queue Up. PICS by ifeanyi83(m): 8:28am On Dec 23, 2016
JohnnieZM:

Thank you...some are so full of hate that even if the government does a good deed they would speak evil of it. I'm not surprised even Jesus was criticized badly. Big ups!

My brother...it just shows you how much work we need to on our youths.
Re: Lagos Residents Buying Lake Rice Queue Up. PICS by SEUNOKIKI: 9:29am On Dec 23, 2016
To queue simply means that the public is in need of it, please remember that we also queue to enter BRT so there is nothing bad in that. Even in developed country they maintain queue. Please let us appreciate our Government and pray for them to do more
Wiseandtrue:

Welcome development that people now queue to buy rice
Chaiii grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Residents Buying Lake Rice Queue Up. PICS by prinsam30: 10:19am On Dec 23, 2016
jinneyb:

And you are sure it's unprocessed? Have you bought yours? How do you know?

pls take ur time and read my comment again and again so u can understand what I'm saying, thank u
Re: Lagos Residents Buying Lake Rice Queue Up. PICS by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:49pm On Dec 23, 2016
SEUNOKIKI:
To queue simply means that the public is in need of it, please remember that we also queue to enter BRT so there is nothing bad in that. Even in developed country they maintain queue. [b]Please let us appreciate our Government [/b]and pray for them to do more
Before this government came in I was buying
1. A bag of rice for N8000 now 17,500
2 . A carton of Onion Indomie for N1,250 now N2300
3. A bag of pure water N70 now N200
4. A carton of Orobo Turkey for N6,500 now N10,000
5. A litre of fuel N87.00 now N145.00
6. I better pass my neighbour N12,000 now N22,000
7. Bread N200 now N450
8. Diapers sells for N2700 now N3600
9. Weavon N250 now N650
10. Gas N2800 now N3300 not to mention transportation

Should I go on
So please tell me what should I be grateful for

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Snake In My Pot!!!! / Picture Of A Nairalander Cooking Yam Porridge / Do You Want Your Baby Naturally Chubby And Healthy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.