Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,211 members, 7,815,232 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

Open Letter To Fellow Polytechnic Students. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Open Letter To Fellow Polytechnic Students. (745 Views)

Delta State Polytechnic Students Protest Over Mass Failure / 7 Reasons Why Polytechnic Students Are Rated 2nd Class Student. / Akwa Ibom Polytechnic Students Protest & Block School Gate Over Hike In Fees(pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Fellow Polytechnic Students. by Amustical(m): 10:40pm On Dec 22, 2016
OPEN LETTER TO FELLOW POLYTECHNIC STUDENTS.
Dear Fellow Polites,
I understand the kind of discrimination we experience in the labour market/Value market, but we just have to 'bear' it. I know it's not the plan of many of us to be a polytechnic student/graduate, but in one way or the other we find ourself in the setting.
A wise crack says "Ibi ori da ni si la ngbe" nothing can change this.
I wasn't surprised, with the kind of jubilation l saw when the news was flying everywhere, that the dichotomy between university certificate and polytechnic certificate has been taken care of.
I watch fellow polites, broadcast and re-broadcast the soul thrilling news. Until weeks after, when a government spokesman denied the news. Even though, not many will agree with me at first, that the news was a blue sky news. meaning "it's nice and flowery but doesn't move anything". Now, I am justified.
Since the denial news came up, we've all gone back to the 'sorry, room.'
Well, I have written this open letter to call our attention to some things.
Firstly, who is discriminating who?
It's only an asinine person that will leave value for something else. Not even in this era of Paradigmal shift in education. where, education is now beyond grade/institution. Well, I know, it may take a bit of intestinal fortitude to admit, to ourself, that when we make ourself relevant, no one will dare to discriminate/screen us out.
School was created as a result of ignorance, yet, it's surprising that some people in the system are still ignorant of some certain truth. My point, not all, in the school system are literates. Some, carry discrimination for head like Olamide put rap for head.
Secondly, I don't know if you know that we must leave the beaten track of school occasionally, to dive into the woods of education, then, I am certain we will see something never seen. Your certificate is just a paper work, it will be perilous in this age, to brag about a certificate without mental uprightness. Yes, it's possible, because we still have certified illiterates.
The time we use thinking about the discrimination, we can use that time to develop ourself, instead of crying over an educational system of a country that's known to be sclerotic.
The system characterized, by preparing her student for only the classroom world and not the real world, should not make us lose our esteem and confidence.
Finally, we know we live in a world, where people want to know you by what you have done/you're doing. Why don't you do the unimaginable. When you begin to do the unimaginable, people will forget about your certificate, institution and what you studied. We are in the 21st century where different skills are needed to thrive as a student, sadly, the system have no time teaching these skills. The time used, thinking discrimination can be used developing capacities.
Stand up on your feet and prove your worth every where you find yourself.
I am not saying you shouldn't pursue further qualifications, please do, but don't be weighed down with what you see or hear everyday. Strive to be relevant!
Remember, certificate without 'sensificate' is nonsense!
Yours Faithfully
Amuwa O.B

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Fellow Polytechnic Students. by uvalued(m): 2:28am On Dec 23, 2016
great piece and do hope those in the pit of worry over discrimination will read... rejoicing always in Him...gat no tym 4 wolly grin

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Fellow Polytechnic Students. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 23, 2016
A clarion call indeed.

Op, you did a wonderful job.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Fellow Polytechnic Students. by Nobody: 10:48pm On Dec 23, 2016
Nice thought op.
make money and nobody cares about that paper.
i don't discriminate those from the polytechnics cos i started there;i got admitted for microbiology in a uni but opted for a poly and later went back to a uni for my dream course.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Fellow Polytechnic Students. by Amustical(m): 1:50pm On Dec 24, 2016
If the admin can take this front page, it would have been better.
Cc: lalasticlala
Re: Open Letter To Fellow Polytechnic Students. by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 24, 2016
It is a nice piece, however, I would like to correct the saying "ibi ori danisi la gbe". It has abetted ignorance and lack of will to break out of bondage. There is no "ori" that wants the "ara" to suffer and vice versa. We can make a whole lot of difference if we don't relegate ourselves with that sentence with that saying.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Is Boxing Day Really All About? / Photos Of How Our Research Projects End After Spending Much Money And Time / Work While Studying And Bring Family Members To Visit In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.