Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Fans Lament Over Empty Seats At Headies As Top Nigerian Artistes Boycott Award - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Fans Lament Over Empty Seats At Headies As Top Nigerian Artistes Boycott Award (40597 Views)

Rema Wins '' Next Rated '' At Headies Awards 2019 / Songs That Made Your Favourite Nigerian Artistes Blow!!!(video) / 10 Nigerian Artistes Who Defy The Usual Lyrics Of Butts And Boobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fans Lament Over Empty Seats At Headies As Top Nigerian Artistes Boycott Award by Zedoo(m): 4:48am On Dec 23, 2016
Why won't Nigerian artists be treated like thrash abroad at award shows.
People lamenting that BET hands best African act award BEFORE the main show....why won't they?
When your country has no credible awarding system and YOU don't even show up to support it...
Its more like what happened with the naira.

We have to realise that whatever the shortcomings are, we owe a duty our indigenous organisations etc. We owe them a duty to make them big....

Look at the VMAs ever since Kanye ranted on Taylor swift the award became even more popular and celebrities dont miss it....

The only thing we have that comes close to a credible award al the big artists running from it then how will it ever get bigger? How will the world we struggle to get their attention listen to us or know we are serious...

I know tekno was keeping it real....
But as a real gee, he should've mellowed. Ohk now that they have succeeded in killing the headies, what do they think will happen next That BET, MTV etc will start calling them more for awards? Story!!!
We have to appreciate ours, its only through love that we would get the back on track to making it prestigous and credible....
We are blinded by nepotism and appreciation of foreign stuff too much to realise our own baby is drowning....
If big names like wiz etc don't show up to awards how do they think.it will turnout? When they gat the most fans coming to see them perform or win awards or just to see them.

On the other hand I really blame the industry for making some people feel they're bigger than somethings. Look at BET every year grandad's like busta rhymes, jay z, nas, are turnup each year for these awards or your think the awards ARE ALWAYS FAIR to artist performance?? No! But blacks overlook that and know its only through their active support that an award that promotes black culture will stay alive and prestigous.....

The Nigerian is a hater of himself..

And its funny to see people asking who awards help.....yea dey no help anybody....but they were helping people until your fav artist got "cheated"....and how did you respond? By thrashing the award a year later and you think this is how you gona win a Grammy

Love yours....

5 Likes

Re: Fans Lament Over Empty Seats At Headies As Top Nigerian Artistes Boycott Award by Ishilove: 5:08am On Dec 23, 2016
AntiWailer:

I have noticed that plenty eediots hide their emptiness by typing "Afonja" without even knowing what it means.

Accept out sincerely condolence.
Typing 'Afonja' doesn't hide their emptiness, it amplifies it. It shows how hollow their brains are. If they would just apply the enthusiasm to reading, Nigeria would be a better place.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fans Lament Over Empty Seats At Headies As Top Nigerian Artistes Boycott Award by Ishilove: 5:14am On Dec 23, 2016
Zedoo:
People lamenting that BET hands best African act award BEFORE the main show....why won't they?
When your country has no credible awarding system and YOU don't even show up to support it...

We have to realise that whatever the shortcomings are, we owe a duty our indigenous organisations etc. We owe them a duty to make them big....

Look at the VMAs ever since Kanye ranted on Taylor swift the award became even more popular and celebrities dont miss it....

The only thing we have that comes close to a credible award al the big artists running from it then how will it ever get bigger? How will the world we struggle to get their attention listen to us or know we are serious...

But as a real gee, he should've mellowed. Ohk now that they have succeeded in killing the headies, what do they think will happen next That BET, MTV etc will start calling them more for awards? Story!!!
We have to appreciate ours, its only through love that we would get the back on track to making it prestigous and credible....
We are blinded by nepotism and appreciation of foreign stuff too much to realise our own baby is drowning....
If big names like wiz etc don't show up to awards how do they think.it will turnout? When they gat the most fans coming to see them perform or win awards or just to see them.

On the other hand I really blame the industry for making some people feel they're bigger than somethings. Look at BET every year grandad's like busta rhymes, jay z, nas, are turnup each year for these awards or your think the awards ARE ALWAYS FAIR to artist performance?? No! But blacks overlook that and know its only through their active support that an award that promotes black culture will stay alive and prestigous.....

And its funny to see people asking who awards help.....yea dey no help anybody....but they were helping people until your fav artist got "cheated"....and how did you respond? By thrashing the award a year later and you think this is how you gona win a Grammy

Love yours....
I agree with everything you have written, but let's not forget that Busta Rhymes, Jay Z and co actually have TALENT, their careers lasted longer than Idris' and they still remain relevant in the industry so please don't compare these greats to Idris Abdulkareem and his nursery rhyme beats.

Yeah he is a granddad...granddad of wack!

1 Like

Re: Fans Lament Over Empty Seats At Headies As Top Nigerian Artistes Boycott Award by Zedoo(m): 5:50am On Dec 23, 2016
Ishilove:

I agree with everything you have written, but let's not forget that Busta Rhymes, Jay Z and co actually have TALENT, their careers lasted longer than Idris' and they still remain relevant in the industry so please don't compare these greats to Idris Abdulkareem with his nursery rhyme beats.

Lol you dey vex o. But eedris is dope. If you listen to his features....definitely not as dope but for his generation he is....only features o...esp d ones he rapped in Yoruba....

I appreciate yesteryear artists alot . because dey once rocked....and that appreciation is what makes people like will smith still able to rock d MIC n get cheered..... Yea in this age they're whack, but they got there before and deserve applause its all love....

At least eedris kept it realer than most "dope" artists these days keep it.... You wont deny that fact....

Maybe he isn't much of a musician sound wise but he tried when he did....

Mr lecturer, one leg up, yankee and koyelewon are hands-down classics

4 Likes

Re: Fans Lament Over Empty Seats At Headies As Top Nigerian Artistes Boycott Award by JoeBlocks(m): 6:19am On Dec 23, 2016
Ishilove:

I agree with everything you have written, but let's not forget that Busta Rhymes, Jay Z and co actually have TALENT, their careers lasted longer than Idris' and they still remain relevant in the industry so please don't compare these greats to Idris Abdulkareem with his nursery rhyme beats.

Well I don't agree. Idris is a legend. He's among the few nigerian artiste who evolved. Others come and go.

Idris' Jaga Jaga is a classic any day, any time. It remains ever green.

3 Likes

Re: Fans Lament Over Empty Seats At Headies As Top Nigerian Artistes Boycott Award by kelvilo: 6:21am On Dec 23, 2016
good or them
Re: Fans Lament Over Empty Seats At Headies As Top Nigerian Artistes Boycott Award by Nobody: 6:24am On Dec 23, 2016
Ishilove:

please don't say that, I beg o,not idris, should idris decide to remix jaja jaga, I will run to the market to buy,but I can't say that for any other old artist

1 Like

Re: Fans Lament Over Empty Seats At Headies As Top Nigerian Artistes Boycott Award by naptu2: 6:48am On Dec 23, 2016
Zedoo:

Love yours....

The only award ceremony that we've ever had that all the stars attended and that was also credible was the Nigerian Music Awards (NMA). Remember that all the stars were members of PMAN back then. Even Fela, who never attended such events, attended the pre-award event. You had to attend the NMA if you were important in the entertainment scene. It was the only music awards ceremony back then and it was organised by the musicians for the musicians.

None of the other awards ceremony has come close to the NMA.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fans Lament Over Empty Seats At Headies As Top Nigerian Artistes Boycott Award by southkidd(m): 6:51am On Dec 23, 2016
A very big eyah to d organizers A very big eyah to d organizers A very big eyah to d organizers
Re: Fans Lament Over Empty Seats At Headies As Top Nigerian Artistes Boycott Award by Gagaboy1212(m): 7:00am On Dec 23, 2016
Noblecx:
That's how Tribalism has been killing afonjas.

After that donjazzy and olamide fuss.

Now d afonja goons wanna punish the best artist of the year for us. By name Tekno

What dah heck is next rated??

Yoobish
what do you knw abt tribalism self
Re: Fans Lament Over Empty Seats At Headies As Top Nigerian Artistes Boycott Award by BotafogoJunior(m): 7:26am On Dec 23, 2016
Ishilove:

ishilove,you called idris a wack grandad but I am sure you are a fan of wizkid and the rest!!!! Continu

1 Like

Re: Fans Lament Over Empty Seats At Headies As Top Nigerian Artistes Boycott Award by fuckingAyaya(m): 7:28am On Dec 23, 2016
they don't want insult from olamide and co again cos for dat tout to trow d mic on d floor and the Bleep finger gesture was a big insult to every body their
Re: Fans Lament Over Empty Seats At Headies As Top Nigerian Artistes Boycott Award by Oildichotomy(m): 7:33am On Dec 23, 2016
AntiWailer:

I have noticed that plenty eediots hide their emptiness by typing "Afonja" without even knowing what it means.

Accept out sincerely condolence.
Are you a pained Afonja ?

2 Likes

Re: Fans Lament Over Empty Seats At Headies As Top Nigerian Artistes Boycott Award by Oildichotomy(m): 7:42am On Dec 23, 2016
naptu2:

The only award ceremony that we've ever had that all the stars attended and that was also credible was the Nigerian Music Awards (NMA). Remember that all the stars were members of PMAN back then. Even Fela, who never attended such events, attended the pre-award event. You had to attend the NMA if you were important in the entertainment scene. It was the only music awards ceremony back then and it was organised by the musicians for the musicians.

None of the other awards ceremony has come close to the NMA.

We are in the 21st century already, Trying to hype and compare the NMA of the 20th century do not just do justice to your argument about attendancethough .

I get creeps whenever people compare today Nigeria entertainment industry with yesteryears. I think we made more stride now than before

If you fall within the age bracket of the Felas and KSA then you are justified. Oldies should just stick to the evergreen feel their music bring and let it be

Re: Fans Lament Over Empty Seats At Headies As Top Nigerian Artistes Boycott Award by naptu2: 7:44am On Dec 23, 2016
I've read that post 4 times and I still don't understand it. Is it in English?
Re: Fans Lament Over Empty Seats At Headies As Top Nigerian Artistes Boycott Award by Ishilove: 7:58am On Dec 23, 2016
BotafogoJunior:
ishilove,you called idris a wack grandad but I am sure you are a fan of wizkid and the rest!!!! Continu
I was never a fan of Wizkid, but I will admit Olamide hooked me with 'Young Erikina' when he was upcoming and hungry for success. I later unhooked myself when he became established and started singing rubbish. 'Eyan Mayweather' is an exception, though cheesy
Re: Fans Lament Over Empty Seats At Headies As Top Nigerian Artistes Boycott Award by Pr0peller: 8:01am On Dec 23, 2016
ghostwritter:
Instead of you guys to stand and support our own 'grammy-like' award through positive statements, u are all in ur rooms condeming the effort of those willing to.
But guys on a more serious note I never knew Tony Tetuila is crippled and who d hell invited the forgotten Idris Abdulkareem on stage to come talk trash? (dat guy need T.B Joshua in his dead career)

Support wetin??, Ah doubt u watchd dat stuff last nyt. D Mics were echoing, D Video Qualily jst d lyk NTA own. Ah even had to ask if NTA and HIP tv are owned by one body. Olamide didn't even send @least a rep. D oda two were absent. D performers were sumtn else. Em no make Jooooor.
Re: Fans Lament Over Empty Seats At Headies As Top Nigerian Artistes Boycott Award by Nobody: 8:06am On Dec 23, 2016
Noblecx:

Now d afonja goons wanna punish the best artist of the year for us. By name Tekno

Yoobish

Sigh. Another inbred fool.
Re: Fans Lament Over Empty Seats At Headies As Top Nigerian Artistes Boycott Award by BotafogoJunior(m): 8:09am On Dec 23, 2016
Ishilove:

I was never a fan of Wizkid, but I will admit Olamide hooked me with 'Young Erikina' when he was upcoming and hungry for success. I later unhooked myself when he became established and started singing rubbish. 'Eyan Mayweather' is an exception, though cheesy
okay,Go and don't ever sin again your sin is that you called a legend wack grandad,you have been forgiven!!! Oya come forward let me lay my hands on you,I mean my hands on you ishilove.
Re: Fans Lament Over Empty Seats At Headies As Top Nigerian Artistes Boycott Award by Ishilove: 8:15am On Dec 23, 2016
Zedoo:

Lol you dey vex o. But eedris is dope. If you listen to his features....definitely not as dope but for his generation he is....only features o...esp d ones he rapped in Yoruba....

I appreciate yesteryear artists alot . because dey once rocked....and that appreciation is what makes people like will smith still able to rock d MIC n get cheered..... Yea in this age they're whack, but they got there before and deserve applause its all love....

At least eedris kept it realer than most "dope" artists these days keep it.... You wont deny that fact....

Maybe he isn't much of a musician sound wise but he tried when he did....

Mr lecturer, one leg up, yankee and koyelewon are hands-down classics
You have a point but I guess his wack songs overshadow the good ones in my memory.
Re: Fans Lament Over Empty Seats At Headies As Top Nigerian Artistes Boycott Award by AntiWailer: 8:15am On Dec 23, 2016
Oildichotomy:
Are you a pained Afonja ?

An eediot spotted.

Go and read who Afonja is and stop being a nuisance and a mediocre.

People kept quiet so you people will keep f00ling urselves.

Break out of the stupeedity chain and read about Afonja.
Re: Fans Lament Over Empty Seats At Headies As Top Nigerian Artistes Boycott Award by Oildichotomy(m): 8:34am On Dec 23, 2016
AntiWailer:

An eediot spotted.

Go and read who Afonja is and stop being a nuisance and a mediocre.

People kept quiet so you people will keep f00ling urselves.

Break out of the stupeedity chain and read about Afonja.
It is obvious you are very pained Warlord Afonja and represent whatever it stands for, judging from spitting Five cuss words in four sentences.

Haba! grin grin grin
Re: Fans Lament Over Empty Seats At Headies As Top Nigerian Artistes Boycott Award by onyichick(f): 8:54am On Dec 23, 2016
where do I start from sef,is it the poor sound quality or the crappy performance from falz n adesua,to the poor video quality abi na the empty Hall. I was trying my best to understand what was going on plus straining my eyes.the cameraman should b an apprentice because he kpt focusing on wrong angles.biko I cannot come n HV eye problem because of headies, I got tired n switched off the TV immediately one guy collected award on behalf of bez.
Re: Fans Lament Over Empty Seats At Headies As Top Nigerian Artistes Boycott Award by iaatmguy(m): 10:47am On Dec 23, 2016
Noblecx:

Yoobish
the way you people reason sef.
Re: Fans Lament Over Empty Seats At Headies As Top Nigerian Artistes Boycott Award by IYANGBALI: 11:48am On Dec 23, 2016
phlamesG:
Artistes have finally realised that headies is a crap award sad
I think olamide opened the eyes of a lot of people
I no kuku watch am
i wash the yeye show with my generation as fashola boys no give us light. Dat show don die,na to bury am na him remain. The whole thing dey boring from the MC to every other thing. cry cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Fans Lament Over Empty Seats At Headies As Top Nigerian Artistes Boycott Award by Sexytemi(f): 1:21pm On Dec 23, 2016
delman88:

I guess u joined later on. The presentation of d 1st 2 awards were trash

They didn't start on time na, they were showing nonsense o, they started around 10pm or so and I was watching another program them.
Re: Fans Lament Over Empty Seats At Headies As Top Nigerian Artistes Boycott Award by jbblues24(m): 10:27pm On May 30, 2019
Girls have an unfair advantage over men: If they can't get what they want by being smart, they can get it by being dumb. shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Nigerian Celebrities Dancing Olamide Science Student (shaku Shaku) / Worst Lines Ever Used In A Nigerian Song. . . . / Bella Shmurda: I'm Richer Than Everyone In My Class Who Thought I Was Dull

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.