Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,852 members, 7,862,785 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:30 AM

Why most celebrities didn't show up for the headies 2016 awards (short reason) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why most celebrities didn't show up for the headies 2016 awards (short reason) (33846 Views)

Types Of Satanic Sacrifices Carried Out By Most Celebrities For Fame And Fortune / Ubi Franklin With Mike, Mercy, BamBam And Ebuka At The Headies 2019 / The Imperative Of Resisting Imitation Of Most Celebrities In Nigerian Showbiz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why most celebrities didn't show up for the headies 2016 awards (short reason) by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 23, 2016
Remilekun101:
Headies should have been postpone till next year but the strong headed animasawun would not listen. Too many concerts and shows for the A-list artistes at this period of the year
u made a very strong point, everyone was busy with his or her concert

2 Likes

Re: Why most celebrities didn't show up for the headies 2016 awards (short reason) by Berbierklaus(f): 11:14am On Dec 23, 2016
Raph01:
Yessir #Swear_Down...... his #Lafiaji album is jes too interesting
We are on he same page bro
it's a ma'am tho cheesycheesy

27 I think?

3 Likes

Re: Why most celebrities didn't show up for the headies 2016 awards (short reason) by BethRhema(m): 11:16am On Dec 23, 2016
DEADIES AWARD.... ;DEADIES AWARD....
Re: Why most celebrities didn't show up for the headies 2016 awards (short reason) by Iceeydee: 11:16am On Dec 23, 2016
Remilekun101:

I get your point but the few artistes I know are so busy right now and the matter was tabled before animasawun that he should try and postpone it till January 2 but he didn't listen
Well that's a flaw on his part.

1 Like

Re: Why most celebrities didn't show up for the headies 2016 awards (short reason) by Wizzyblack3(m): 11:16am On Dec 23, 2016
You ppl saying 'Pride goes before a fall' should just stfu already. If they re are recognized or not, does it stop them from doing their thing and putting their best into it? Award or no award, their reward is what matters to them ( and am sure their bank account can speaks volume of that). And for you ppl slamming Olamide for not coming, the question is 'Is he the biggest absentee? Nobody talked about Don baba, Dbanj, Tiwa, Davido, where is DJ Jimmy Jatt? Xclusive?
Headless organisers should have themselves to blame for organising a floppy award show.

3 Likes

Re: Why most celebrities didn't show up for the headies 2016 awards (short reason) by olusledge: 11:18am On Dec 23, 2016
Kolade9:
I knew it was going to happen. Headies lost credibility tey tey.

How can illbliss win lyricist on roll n best rap album....when boogey is there.
ill bliss that is supposed to be selling spare parts at alaba

2 Likes

Re: Why most celebrities didn't show up for the headies 2016 awards (short reason) by pocohantas(f): 11:20am On Dec 23, 2016
Iceeydee:

You mean every single artiste had shows on the 22nd of December 2016?

Well my point was if they valued this award they would postpone that show to attend or at least come late for either of the events. Last year the mavins crew stormed the awards from an event and so did many other artistes. This year, many of them decided to put it out of their schedule totally because they chose not to give a Bleep about the awards.

That's my point.

No mind them.
Nothing Headies guy can do to please them.
This show was done January this year, first week...not sure of the date. It clashed with AliBaba's show, lot of artistes were performing there and other shows too. The guest had to be divided between both shows, with headies losing cry.

Dude decided to make it come earlier this year, now they are saying January.
Very soon, they'll say Feb14. I think that's the best sef, the show shouldn't be in festive period.
He should also employ AY as part of his team, he is a good organiser and marketer.

9 Likes

Re: Why most celebrities didn't show up for the headies 2016 awards (short reason) by Raph01: 11:22am On Dec 23, 2016
Berbierklaus:

We are on he same page bro
it's a ma'am tho cheesycheesy

27 I think?
I'on get that... R U also a King V Fan??
Re: Why most celebrities didn't show up for the headies 2016 awards (short reason) by blazetitov: 11:22am On Dec 23, 2016
crazygod:

He is one of the most intelligent MC's in this side of the planet (if u know ur rap music)

Nice. Never heard about him.

Will download some tracks.
Re: Why most celebrities didn't show up for the headies 2016 awards (short reason) by Afam4eva(m): 11:23am On Dec 23, 2016
I think Ayo Aniashaun, the organizer of the headies brought this upon himself. When an award begins to looked staged, what do you expect. Every year, new trouble.

First it was Pquare that called the award a Yoruba award some years back. They were evidently angry that they didn't win any award at a time when they were the dominant musicians in the country. At the same time, Dbanj was winning every category of the award like say n aonly am waka come. That was around the time he worse a towel to perform on stage. Which gave credence to the fact that the Headers (Formerly the Hip Hop awards) was his private bathroom.

We also saw how a Reekado Banks came from nowhere to win the Next rated. Olamide and Don Jazzy had something to ay about that one.

Now, this year, you nominate TEKNO in the NEXT RATED category. That's not really the issue for me. The issue is that he wasn't nominated in any other catgeory despite the fact that he was a dominant force in Nigerian music in 2016. he has released more hits in one year than something people have done throughout their careers.

In conclusion, it's Nigeria, so partiality is usually expected from these award people. have have family and friends thaat they have to give awards to, so they shouldn't expect everyone to bend to their whims and caprices.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why most celebrities didn't show up for the headies 2016 awards (short reason) by bi0nics: 11:23am On Dec 23, 2016
Remilekun101:

But you didn't realize they would be preparing for concerts like rhythm unplugged and olic 3 abi

You are the ode

grin
Re: Why most celebrities didn't show up for the headies 2016 awards (short reason) by IYANGBALI: 11:27am On Dec 23, 2016
Iceeydee:
The artistes in Nigeria are not united. They all want to be recognized at once. Even the ones who didn't do very well for the year in review still expect to be recognized one way or the other, but this is not possible. undecided

I agree that the headies organizers have their own major fault too as they have failed to listen to suggestions from people outside, but it's not enough reason for our artistes to boycott the only "credible" awards we have.

If our artistes cannot give credibility to headies by gracing the occasion with their appearances because of one grouse or another they're having with the organizers then they should come together as artistes and form a body that would give out awards at the end of every year, let's see how far they'll go.

Same artistes who will fly all the way to the US to receive BET awards at the backstage and asslick MTV to attend their awards even when they're always put aside and they lose their awards to their South African counterparts who are not that better than them will be forming and carrying their shoulders for award and recognition given to them on their own home soil. It's pathetic.

Both the artistes and headies organizers have a major role to play. They should come together and work this out. It was not like this before! Nigerians really want headies to be better and more presentable, forget all these "fück headies" and "who headies epp" we are seeing around.

I hope for a better show next year and our artistes should please have sense. Don't be helping other countries music industry to grow while you're destroying your own, that's plain foolishness.

#naijaboiy...

you don't give credibility to what is not credible. He a dies has lost it so it is no longer credible. The organisers should just forget it or go back to the drawing board but I suggest the former

1 Like

Re: Why most celebrities didn't show up for the headies 2016 awards (short reason) by LorDBolton(m): 11:28am On Dec 23, 2016
Iceeydee:
The artistes in Nigeria are not united. They all want to be recognized at once. Even the ones who didn't do very well for the year in review still expect to be recognized one way or the other, but this is not possible. undecided

I agree that the headies organizers have their own major fault too as they have failed to listen to suggestions from people outside, but it's not enough reason for our artistes to boycott the only "credible" awards we have.

If our artistes cannot give credibility to headies by gracing the occasion with their appearances because of one grouse or another they're having with the organizers then they should come together as artistes and form a body that would give out awards at the end of every year, let's see how far they'll go.

Same artistes who will fly all the way to the US to receive BET awards at the backstage and asslick MTV to attend their awards even when they're always put aside and they lose their awards to their South African counterparts who are not that better than them will be forming and carrying their shoulders for award and recognition given to them on their own home soil. It's pathetic.

Both the artistes and headies organizers have a major role to play. They should come together and work this out. It was not like this before! Nigerians really want headies to be better and more presentable, forget all these "fück headies" and "who headies epp" we are seeing around.

I hope for a better show next year and our artistes should please have sense. Don't be helping other countries music industry to grow while you're destroying your own, that's plain foolishness.

#naijaboiy...

Forget headies, why can't sound city, hiptv, planet tv and other top entertainment broadcast agencies come together to start an award.

I'll like to see the artist that will boycott an award like that na...Let's see if their careers won't suffer.

Instead what we have are useless awards with categories tailor made for some people so 'everyone' gets one award or the other.

Even the 'banner' n colour combo for the headies is laughable.. no class

You see hw falz dressed? That's how u dress for an award night.

Not the way wiz, jazzman, eddris n co dressed like they're going for a show

2 Likes

Re: Why most celebrities didn't show up for the headies 2016 awards (short reason) by phemolala07(m): 11:28am On Dec 23, 2016
Y is brymo underrated in nig....dude is fuckn talented angry

2 Likes

Re: Why most celebrities didn't show up for the headies 2016 awards (short reason) by RexTramadol1: 11:32am On Dec 23, 2016
Owo motor lo shey ojoro
Re: Why most celebrities didn't show up for the headies 2016 awards (short reason) by BerryAnny(m): 11:33am On Dec 23, 2016
MedicalSamwise:
Now this is where nigerians get it all wrong
I saw D comments On twiter and i must say, its not in anyway funny. How can our artists neglect our own popular and most prestigeous award, for what

It Doesnt make any sense to me
The Likes of olamide and his gangs,donjazzy And his gangs too mention a few are jes so foolish(permit me to use that word)

Isn't it high time we started supporting our own brand?? ?
Funny enough these same artists will be glad if they were nominated as the "most stupid artist of the year" in Grammys award all because it's "GRAMMY" but will neglect "best act of the year" in headies all because it's "HEADIES"

As for tecno, the eventual outcome of pride is a shameful fall

I'm me nd I jes wanna make "common sense"

Quote me and bend
Bruh,i dnt want 2 quote u initially buh i tink i need 2 tell u a secret. What u ar lacking is in ur wryt up and i wnt mind if u cn tk it up frm dia,it iz 'Common Sense'...
Re: Why most celebrities didn't show up for the headies 2016 awards (short reason) by ikombe: 11:34am On Dec 23, 2016
Osahon7:
If it's Grammy that don't concern dem, them will be doing as if Thier fathers owns it
who are you to compare grammy to headies
Re: Why most celebrities didn't show up for the headies 2016 awards (short reason) by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 23, 2016
Very stupid artistes.. if na BET or GRAMMY dem go dey chook mouth like say na them get am! but pride no go gree them to attend them own..just like when all of them dey do Halloween wey no concern them..NONSENSE!

1 Like

Re: Why most celebrities didn't show up for the headies 2016 awards (short reason) by ikombe: 11:35am On Dec 23, 2016
Kolade9:
I knew it was going to happen. Headies lost credibility tey tey.

How can illbliss win lyricist on roll n best rap album....when boogey is there.
Headies useless sha undecided
Re: Why most celebrities didn't show up for the headies 2016 awards (short reason) by ikombe: 11:38am On Dec 23, 2016
Jarizod:
Very stupid artistes.. if na BET or GRAMMY dem go dey chook mouth like say na them get am! but pride no go gree them to attend them own..just like when all of them dey do Halloween wey no concern them..NONSENSE!
Guy shut up undecided

Re: Why most celebrities didn't show up for the headies 2016 awards (short reason) by Smellymouth: 11:39am On Dec 23, 2016
Iceeydee:

#naijaboiy...

Well said Boss!!

2 Likes

Re: Why most celebrities didn't show up for the headies 2016 awards (short reason) by ikombe: 11:42am On Dec 23, 2016
blazetitov:

Who is Boogey??
you must be very stupid for asking dat question

Nigeria's best rapper undecided

Re: Why most celebrities didn't show up for the headies 2016 awards (short reason) by Smellymouth: 11:42am On Dec 23, 2016
pocohantas:

No mind them.
Nothing Headies guy can do to please them.
This show was done January this year, first week...not sure of the date. It clashed with AliBaba's show, lot of artistes were performing there and other shows too. The guest had to be divided between both shows, with headies losing cry.

Dude decided to make it come earlier this year, now they are saying January.
Very soon, they'll say Feb14. I think that's the best sef, the show shouldn't be in festive period.
He should also employ AY as part of his team, he is a good organiser and marketer.
Re: Why most celebrities didn't show up for the headies 2016 awards (short reason) by Jessestunch: 11:43am On Dec 23, 2016
pocohantas:
But they went for BET and even performed backstage? undecided

LOL.. EXACTLY.. MOST OF OUR ARTISTS HAVE INFERIORITY COMPLEX
Re: Why most celebrities didn't show up for the headies 2016 awards (short reason) by ikombe: 11:44am On Dec 23, 2016
Smellymouth:

Well said Boss!!
My oga goodmorning . Your boy is loyal grin

How dis christmas go dey for ur boiz na cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why most celebrities didn't show up for the headies 2016 awards (short reason) by Nobody: 11:45am On Dec 23, 2016
ikombe:
Guy shut up undecided

Bro..why na

No be true I yarn
Re: Why most celebrities didn't show up for the headies 2016 awards (short reason) by ikombe: 11:50am On Dec 23, 2016
Jarizod:

Bro..why na
No be true I yarn
No be true grin
Re: Why most celebrities didn't show up for the headies 2016 awards (short reason) by MYGRATEskillz(m): 11:50am On Dec 23, 2016
Boogey over illbliss anytime anywhere
Re: Why most celebrities didn't show up for the headies 2016 awards (short reason) by zicoraads: 11:52am On Dec 23, 2016
Jarizod:
Don't insult them. It's Nigeria and her way of doing things. Ask yourself why they hardly bicker over all those international awards?

These Naija awards are very political. There is no shred of integrity in them. And that is why these artists have chosen to ignore them.
Re: Why most celebrities didn't show up for the headies 2016 awards (short reason) by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 23, 2016
ikombe:
No be true grin

Na my opinion tho..if u watch the show u go see say YBNL,Davido and co no attend..

Baba come tell me to shut up grin u dey too para oo grin
Re: Why most celebrities didn't show up for the headies 2016 awards (short reason) by ikombe: 11:55am On Dec 23, 2016
Jarizod:

Na my opinion tho..if u watch the show u go see say YBNL,Davido and co no attend..

Baba come tell me to shut up grin u dey too para oo grin
No vex na serious hunger dey hol me for dis end. Na why i just dey para since morning. Bet9ja no gree pay grin

Incase you get an sure game u fit share the booking code with me make i go play am grin
Re: Why most celebrities didn't show up for the headies 2016 awards (short reason) by blazetitov: 11:56am On Dec 23, 2016
ikombe:
you must be very stupid for asking dat question

Nigeria's best rapper undecided

Who gave him the award?

I don't know him and its not a crime to ask who he is. Well, i just listened to his song(show you something) and he still has a long way to go and pay his dues because of the genre of music and environment. Even his baba, Mode 9 is still struggling for mass acceptance.

Hope am no even wasting my time explaining to you self because your response shows the kind of character you are.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Queen Of Aso Nigeria, Peace Chinwendu Releases Official Photos After Crowning / Flavour’s Babymama, Anna Banner Lashes Out At A Fan Who Called Him A Tout / Shatta Michy Reacts To Shatta Wale's Confession To Giving Her To Men (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.