Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,811 members, 7,827,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Help: Car Fuel Gauge Problem & Vehicle Vibration - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help: Car Fuel Gauge Problem & Vehicle Vibration (681 Views)

Solution To Fuel Gauge Problem. / 5 Common Signs Of A Failing Car Fuel Pump / Ways To Improve Your Car’s Fuel Efficiency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: Car Fuel Gauge Problem & Vehicle Vibration by Greene66: 6:19am On Dec 23, 2016
My tank capacity is 70Litres then how is 50 Litres now a full tank on the gauge pod? 35Litres is half tank then how come about 17 Litres is now half tank? This is how my fuel gauge has been misleading me for a while. What could be wrong? My electrician has checked the fuel gauge in the fuel pump and he said it's fine but the issue still persists.

Also I usually observe vibrations on the steering wheel when I'm moving slowly or at a low gear. What's with that? Normal? It skips like it wants to stop. This is usually happening more when the car is red on fuel (though there is fuel and the car moves) but when there is fuel there is less vibrations but there is vibration in all.

Infact, I performed a scan on the vehicle with my smartphone and the only problem detected was the heater sensor. Everything else, is fine so what's up?

Thanks in advance for the help.

P.s Vehicle is 2005 Toyota Camry V6 3.0l
Re: Help: Car Fuel Gauge Problem & Vehicle Vibration by Greene66: 7:06am On Dec 23, 2016
Re: Help: Car Fuel Gauge Problem & Vehicle Vibration by nurey(m): 7:52pm On Dec 23, 2016
Nobody is going to provide help for you, your problem description is vague, your write up self explains nothing, if your car is vibrating remove all the vibrators you are hiding in the glove compartment, make sure you put your profile to ring only or silent and untick vibrate.

On a lighter note vibration can be caused by a lot of things, do a small investigation your self
1. While parked and engine cold, placing two hands on the engine and your feet firmly pivoted, try and shake the engine in all directions, it there is engine movement then engine seats are bad.

2. While car has started, check the tachometer, if it's dancing komoleh, gbe soke then that is the reason for vibration.

Scan the car, let's know the exact codes not only code description.

As for fuel Guage, seems the tank needs to be brought down and proper diagnosis done on the fuel Guage, but before going extreme you need to do a proper monitor, buy full tank, do a particular distance and see whether fuel bought commensurate with distance
Re: Help: Car Fuel Gauge Problem & Vehicle Vibration by Greene66: 11:20pm On Dec 23, 2016
If my write up explains nothing then I think you have issues with understanding. I'm not responsible for that.

First of all, the vibration is mostly on the steering wheel far away from the glove box.

The tachometer is fine. I clearly mentioned that it vibrates/skips like it's out of fuel and about to stop (Similar to the vehicle security) but doesn't stop. If you don't understand that, admit you have no idea and not fooling around. It isn't by force to comment.

I also mentioned that I performed a scan on it and the onl issue reported was the heater sensor which I resolved today! ( Check engine light has gone 0ff) yet the vibration ish is still there.

So bros, if you have no idea, thanks for the time. I await those who do.

nurey:
Nobody is going to provide help for you, your problem description is vague, your write up self explains nothing, if your car is vibrating remove all the vibrators you are hiding in the glove compartment, make sure you put your profile to ring only or silent and untick vibrate.

On a lighter note vibration can be caused by a lot of things, do a small investigation your self
1. While parked and engine cold, placing two hands on the engine and your feet firmly pivoted, try and shake the engine in all directions, it there is engine movement then engine seats are bad.

2. While car has started, check the tachometer, if it's dancing komoleh, gbe soke then that is the reason for vibration.

Scan the car, let's know the exact codes not only code description.

As for fuel Guage, seems the tank needs to be brought down and proper diagnosis done on the fuel Guage, but before going extreme you need to do a proper monitor, buy full tank, do a particular distance and see whether fuel bought commensurate with distance

(1) (Reply)

Hi Everyone, I Need Your Advice On 2010 Corolla Sport. Thanks. / Toyota Corolla 2008 Model N2.5000.000 / Happy Holidays. Car Diagnostic Tools Available To Help You Save Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.