Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Men Praying At Home Without Excuse - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Men Praying At Home Without Excuse (16644 Views)

Praying At Graves And The Conditions Of Intercession / PRAYING AT GRAVES.. Shirk? Haram? Invalid? Permissible? / Is Poverty A Valid Excuse For Not Getting Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Men Praying At Home Without Excuse by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 23, 2016
Praise be to Allaah. We advise these people to fear Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted, and to pray in congregation with the Muslims in the mosques, for the most correct scholarly view on these matters is that prayer in congregation must be offered in the mosques, and it is not permissible for a man to stay away from congregational prayers in the mosque unless he has an excuse. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I was thinking of ordering a man to give the iqaamah, then I would order a man to lead the people in prayer, and I would go with some men carrying bundles of firewood, to people who do not attend the prayer in congregation, and I would burn their houses down around them.”

These people may have prayed, but the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) wanted them to pray with the congregation that is described as such in sharee’ah, and the congregation that is described as such in sharee’ah is the congregation that prays in the mosque. And the mosques are the places where people are called to come at the time of prayer. Hence ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: “Whoever would like to meet Allaah tomorrow as a Muslim, let him regularly attend these prayers where the call to them is given.” “Where the call to them is given” means the place from which the call is made. This has to do with the five daily prayers.

With regard to Jumu’ah (Friday prayer), it is definitely obligatory to offer it in the mosque.

With regard to naafil prayers, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The best of prayers is that which is offered in one’s house, except the obligatory prayers.”

Based on this, it is better for a person to offer voluntary prayers in his house, apart from the voluntary prayers which are prescribed in the mosque such as the eclipse prayer, assuming that it is not obligatory. And Allaah is the Source of strength. End quote.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him), Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 15/19 Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen also said: It is not permissible for anyone or for any group to pray in the home when the mosque is nearby. But if the mosque is far away, and they cannot hear the adhaan, then there is no sin on them if they pray in a congregation in the house. The heedlessness that some people exhibit with regard to this issue is based on the view of some scholars (may Allaah have mercy on them) that the purpose of praying in congregation is to bring people together in prayer even if that is not in the mosque, and that if people pray in congregation, even in their homes, then they have done what is required.

But the correct view is that it is essential for the congregation to be in the mosque, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I was thinking of ordering a man give the iqaamah…” End quote.
Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 15/20.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men Praying At Home Without Excuse by QUOTATION: 10:19am On Dec 23, 2016
Jazakallah Khair
Re: Men Praying At Home Without Excuse by Jollyakat(m): 10:19am On Dec 23, 2016
May Allah Reward you
Re: Men Praying At Home Without Excuse by Antina(f): 10:19am On Dec 23, 2016
Jazakhallah
Re: Men Praying At Home Without Excuse by Junior66(m): 10:24am On Dec 23, 2016
The prophet burned down their houses because they didn't pray in the congregation? Ok!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men Praying At Home Without Excuse by adedokunn1(m): 10:34am On Dec 23, 2016
جزا كم الله خيرا
Re: Men Praying At Home Without Excuse by bqoND(m): 10:37am On Dec 23, 2016
Junior66:
The prophet burned down their houses because they didn't pray in the congregation? Ok!
i taya no be small. Am happy i made myself free from all forms of their religious activity.

5 Likes

Re: Men Praying At Home Without Excuse by walelamina: 10:56am On Dec 23, 2016
thanks fpr this, JUMAT MUBARAQ
Re: Men Praying At Home Without Excuse by mmsen: 10:56am On Dec 23, 2016
"then I would order a man to lead the people in prayer, and I would go with some men carrying bundles of firewood, to people who do not attend the prayer in congregation, and I would burn their houses down around them.”

Sound like terrorist activities.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Men Praying At Home Without Excuse by abusurv(m): 10:58am On Dec 23, 2016
[quote author=RABIUSHILE04 post=52186732]Praise be to Allaah.
We advise these people to fear Allaah, may
He be glorified and exalted, and to pray in
congregation with the Muslims in the
mosques, for the most correct scholarly
view on these matters is that prayer in
congregation must be offered in the
mosques, and it is not permissible for a man
to stay away from congregational prayers in
the mosque unless he has an excuse. The
Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be
upon him) said: “I was thinking of ordering a
man to give the iqaamah, then I would order
a man to lead the people in prayer, and I
would go with some men carrying bundles
of firewood, to people who do not attend the
prayer in congregation, and I would burn
their houses down around them.”

These people may have prayed, but the
Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be
upon him) wanted them to pray with the
congregation that is described as such in
sharee’ah, and the congregation that is
described as such in sharee’ah is the
congregation that prays in the mosque. And
the mosques are the places where people
are called to come at the time of prayer.
Hence ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah
be pleased with him) said: “Whoever would
like to meet Allaah tomorrow as a Muslim,
let him regularly attend these prayers
where the call to them is given.”
“Where the call to them is given” means the
place from which the call is made. This has
to do with the five daily prayers.

With regard to Jumu’ah (Friday prayer), it is
definitely obligatory to offer it in the
mosque.

With regard to naafil prayers, the Prophet
(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)
said: “The best of prayers is that which is
offered in one’s house, except the
obligatory prayers.”

Based on this, it is better for a person to
offer voluntary prayers in his house, apart
from the voluntary prayers which are
prescribed in the mosque such as the
eclipse prayer, assuming that it is not
obligatory. And Allaah is the Source of
strength. End quote.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have
mercy on him), Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn
‘Uthaymeen, 15/19
Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen also said:
It is not permissible for anyone or for any
group to pray in the home when the mosque
is nearby. But if the mosque is far away, and
they cannot hear the adhaan, then there is
no sin on them if they pray in a
congregation in the house. The
heedlessness that some people exhibit with
regard to this issue is based on the view of
some scholars (may Allaah have mercy on
them) that the purpose of praying in
congregation is to bring people together in
prayer even if that is not in the mosque, and
that if people pray in congregation, even in
their homes, then they have done what is
required.

But the correct view is that it is essential for
the congregation to be in the mosque,
because the Prophet (peace and blessings of
Allaah be upon him) said: “I was thinking of
ordering a man give the iqaamah…” End
quote.

Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 15/20.[/quo

(I was thinking of ordering a
their houses down around them.) there was never any house that was burnt down because of people praying in the house in the time of the prophet S.A.W. Also in the book fake hadith the said hadith was said to be fake and daif.
The fatwa of ibn uthaymeen is not binding on all muslim only on those who believe in him
I am not supporting praying in the house but any body that pray at all whether in the mosque or at home is a muslim and their blood becomes illegal for you to shed,burning their house with them inside is contradictory to the shariah which forbid it
Re: Men Praying At Home Without Excuse by abusurv(m): 11:05am On Dec 23, 2016
This is the kind of Hadiths (burning of house with people inside ) that we don't need in this forum,please preach the hadiths that talk about kindness to your neighbor, your duty to your community,your family how to leave a better life and be a good muslim,these are what we need in this forum.

6 Likes

Re: Men Praying At Home Without Excuse by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 23, 2016
Jazakallahu Khiran OP.

People are focusing on part and leaving a part.
Re: Men Praying At Home Without Excuse by dadaha: 11:13am On Dec 23, 2016
The beautiful colour the religion is painted grin

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I was thinking of ordering a man to give the iqaamah, then I would order a man to lead the people in prayer, and I would go with some men carrying bundles of firewood, to people who do not attend the prayer in congregation, and I would burn their houses down around them.”

1 Like

Re: Men Praying At Home Without Excuse by Nobody: 11:15am On Dec 23, 2016
Islam means Submission . do it their way or you Die.. Flee from this blood thirsty religion!!.

8 Likes

Re: Men Praying At Home Without Excuse by Junior66(m): 11:16am On Dec 23, 2016
lastpage:

Everything about the religion is BY FORCE!
If they convert to another religion, KILL THEM! If they disagree with the heretic lies of the Quaran, KILL THEM! if they eat what they like, na haram, KILL THEM! If they dont cover head like Ojuju, KILL THEM! If they accept them or do not accept them as refugee, KILL THEM still! If they dont come to Congregation, BURN DOWN THEIR HOUSE! If they POST on Nairaland, deface their PROFILE with rubbish
Wetin? Na only una be religion? Nonsense.

oya, place One year ban on me as you did last year! i dey wait. tongue tongue tongue
No mind de guy. He even unashamedly quoted dat part meaning he is proud of it.

4 Likes

Re: Men Praying At Home Without Excuse by engrasd(m): 11:30am On Dec 23, 2016
“I was thinking of ordering a man to give the iqaamah, then I would order a man to lead the people in prayer, and I would go with some men carrying bundles of firewood, to people who do not attend the prayer in congregation, and I would burn their houses down around them.”

this is telling you the gravity of not attending prayers in congregation without valid reason.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Men Praying At Home Without Excuse by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 23, 2016
why are people making unnecessary remarks about the hadeeth?! the thread is not even about that, but emphasis on "men praying at home", of course the prophet didnt burn the house of anybody, did he? that statement of his can be taken as a threat to emphasise the importance of praying in congregation, the hadeeth should be evaluated in the form of encouraging people to pray in congregation and threatening those who abandon praying in congregation. The Prophet did not utter those words because he wanted to burn the houses of people. As a matter of fact, if he wanted to do so, he could have done it. That is, he preferred those words in order to express the importance of the issue. We also use different expressions for the important things in our daily lives.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Men Praying At Home Without Excuse by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 23, 2016
abusurv:
This is the kind of Hadiths (burning of house with people inside ) that we don't need in this forum,please preach the hadiths that talk about kindness to your neighbor, your duty to your community,your family how to leave a better life and be a good muslim,these are what we need in this forum.

is the thread particularly about the hadeeth?

1 Like

Re: Men Praying At Home Without Excuse by Nobody: 11:36am On Dec 23, 2016
Junior66:

no he didnt, he made a stern statement to show the importance of Congregational prayer, moreover the statement started with "I was thinking(i.e considering)...."

1 Like

Re: Men Praying At Home Without Excuse by aminho(m): 11:39am On Dec 23, 2016
Junior66:
mumu read be4 u comment

3 Likes

Re: Men Praying At Home Without Excuse by tintingz(m): 11:46am On Dec 23, 2016
Another reason I don't follow some hadiths.

2 Likes

Re: Men Praying At Home Without Excuse by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 23, 2016
abusurv:

lol in the "book of fake hadeeth" so this hadeeth is daeef? hadeeth that is in bukhaari and Muslim? an hadeeth that is muttafaqa alayhi(agreed upon)?

don't just be "daeefing" hadeeth without knowledge, if you don't understand a hadeeth and its graded sahih, believe that the hadeeth has a good meaning and ask those who knows to explain it for you
Re: Men Praying At Home Without Excuse by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 23, 2016
Junior66:
dude u mean u did not read the part saying "I Was thinking of" #i.give.up

2 Likes

Re: Men Praying At Home Without Excuse by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 23, 2016
MrnovaLyn:
dude u mean u did not read the part saying "I Was thinking of" #i.give.up

grin
Re: Men Praying At Home Without Excuse by xhalakoh: 12:02pm On Dec 23, 2016
Auzubillah, Please re read the post, The prophet(pbuh) didn't burn their houses, ''He was thinking'' he didn't act, Islam dosnt preach violence, but, out of the hatred you have for Islam, you didn't read well, and concentrated on the burning aspect, FEAR GOD, God ain't with *hypocrites*

1 Like

Re: Men Praying At Home Without Excuse by Nobody: 12:10pm On Dec 23, 2016
lexiconkabir:

grin
LoL d Mods need to ban him for displaying his Bigotry
Re: Men Praying At Home Without Excuse by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 23, 2016
RABIUSHILE04:
Praise be to Allaah.
We advise these people to fear Allaah, may
He be glorified and exalted, and to pray in
congregation with the Muslims in the
mosques, for the most correct scholarly
view on these matters is that prayer in
congregation must be offered in the
mosques, and it is not permissible for a man
to stay away from congregational prayers in
the mosque unless he has an excuse. The
Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be
upon him) said: “I was thinking of ordering a
their houses down around them.”

These people may have prayed, but the
Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be
upon him) wanted them to pray with the
congregation that is described as such in
sharee’ah, and the congregation that is
described as such in sharee’ah is the
congregation that prays in the mosque. And
the mosques are the places where people
are called to come at the time of prayer.
Hence ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood (may Allaah
be pleased with him) said: “Whoever would
like to meet Allaah tomorrow as a Muslim,
let him regularly attend these prayers
where the call to them is given.”
“Where the call to them is given” means the
place from which the call is made. This has
to do with the five daily prayers.

With regard to Jumu’ah (Friday prayer), it is
definitely obligatory to offer it in the
mosque.

With regard to naafil prayers, the Prophet
(peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)
said: “The best of prayers is that which is
offered in one’s house, except the
obligatory prayers.”

Based on this, it is better for a person to
offer voluntary prayers in his house, apart
from the voluntary prayers which are
prescribed in the mosque such as the
eclipse prayer, assuming that it is not
obligatory. And Allaah is the Source of
strength. End quote.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have
mercy on him), Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn
‘Uthaymeen, 15/19
Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen also said:
It is not permissible for anyone or for any
group to pray in the home when the mosque
is nearby. But if the mosque is far away, and
they cannot hear the adhaan, then there is
no sin on them if they pray in a
congregation in the house. The
heedlessness that some people exhibit with
regard to this issue is based on the view of
some scholars (may Allaah have mercy on
them) that the purpose of praying in
congregation is to bring people together in
prayer even if that is not in the mosque, and
that if people pray in congregation, even in
their homes, then they have done what is
required.

But the correct view is that it is essential for
the congregation to be in the mosque,
because the Prophet (peace and blessings of
Allaah be upon him) said: “I was thinking of
ordering a man give the iqaamah…” End
quote.

Majmoo’ Fataawa Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 15/20.

Jazakum Allah khayran op.

Junior66:

bqoND:
i taya no be small. Am happy i made myself free from all forms of their religious activity.

abusurv:

tintingz:
Another reason I don't follow some hadiths.

abusurv:

Some Muslims think like Christians, they analyse their religious books carelessly, remain adamant when shown their errors, and even go so far as to build mansions of conclusions on top of those errors. Or they insist that we should cherry pick hadith based on their personal desires, just like Christians cherry pick from their so called scriptures. Come on people, Islam emphasizes the use of your reasoning. All authentic hadith are pertinent in Islam.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Men Praying At Home Without Excuse by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 23, 2016
Farmerforlife:

Jazakum Allah khayran op.

Some Muslims think like Christians, they analyse their religious books carelessly, remain adamant when shown their errors, and even go so far as to build mansions of conclusions on top of those errors. Or they insist that we should cherry pick hadith based on their personal desires, just like Christians cherry pick from their so called scriptures. Come on people, Islam emphasizes the use of your reasoning. All authentic hadith are pertinent in Islam.

The main problem with some Muslims is, they try to force themselves to reason like the westerners, if they see a Muslim with beard and trousers above the ankle, or a sister with full jilbaab with socks, they start thinking of them as "backward", which civilization is better than that of Allaah's deen?

is it that of the westerners who oppress their women by portraying them as sex objects? if they want to sell table water(say), they show an unclad women drinking the water, whats this?

Muslims don't think WAllaahi.

6 Likes

Re: Men Praying At Home Without Excuse by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 23, 2016
lexiconkabir:
why are people making unnecessary remarks about the hadeeth?! the thread is not even about that, but emphasis on "men praying at home", of course the prophet didnt burn the house of anybody, did he? that statement of his can be taken as a threat to emphasise the importance of praying in congregation, the hadeeth should be evaluated in the form of encouraging people to pray in congregation and threatening those who abandon praying in congregation. The Prophet did not utter those words because he wanted to burn the houses of people. As a matter of fact, if he wanted to do so, he could have done it. That is, he preferred those words in order to express the importance of the issue. We also use different expressions for the important things in our daily lives.
Wait. Are you kidding or what? How can you use arson for an emphasis. The man's legacy depicts nothing but violence but you Muslims are always quick to make excuses to cover his evils up. He said "he would", and that's a direct statement. Same way your book is full of nothing but threats to people outside your creed. Africans have adopted foreign religions and are practicing them with immense stupidity.

5 Likes

Re: Men Praying At Home Without Excuse by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 23, 2016
bigtiny10:
Wait. Are you kidding or what? How can you use arson for an emphasis. The man's legacy depicts nothing but violence but you Muslims are always quick to make excuses to cover his evils up. He said "he would", and that's a direct statement. Same way your book is full of nothing but threats to people outside your creed. Africans have adopted foreign religions and are practicing them with immense stupidity.

thank you, now kindly swerve through here >>>>>>

2 Likes

Re: Men Praying At Home Without Excuse by mmsen: 1:50pm On Dec 23, 2016
lexiconkabir:

no he didnt, he made a stern statement to show the importance of Congregational prayer, moreover the statement started with "I was thinking(i.e considering)...."

So if someone said 'maybe we should burn down your home for not going to church' you wouldn't be concerned? You wouldn't take that as a threat?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do Sins Of Parents Have Any Effect On Their Children? / Boko-Haram Is Not An Islamic Organisation – Babangida Aliyu / Major Causes Of Zina (fornication)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.