Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra (7086 Views)

Igbos Need To Redirect Their Protests To Their Leaders / 10 Things Igbos Need To Understand About Yorubas.. / What The Igbos Need To Do Now To Improve Their Relevance In The Next Government! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by diobi: 11:35pm On Nov 17, 2009
I believe that Igbos should embrace Nigeria with a passion and aggression, here is how.

All we need is to be heavilly armed anywhere we live outside Igboland. We should stop living in far flung places in the midst of locals. We should target areas, buy all the lands and the build our settlement in enclaves, then be prepared to defend those enclaves with our blood.

We attract jealousy because we hustle a lot and make progress. We are like the proverbial golden fish with no hiding place.
Anytime there is any problem politically, our neighbors attack us and plan to steal our properties or rape our women.
We are the only settlers that don't arm up, and that is foolishness.
The white farmers that came to Africa in the olden days, the Jewish settlers in the west bank ,the fulani and massai herdsmen, all are armed. Why should the Igbo always go to another place, buy land, build wealth and assume that the locals will be happy with us That is foolishness of the worst kind! We should stop living in spread out locations. We must live only in enclaves. The we fortify those enclaves with enough weapons, by hook or crook. He have the money. All we need is the will. Nigeria is not a fair country and may never be. But we must plan to survive in it.

We should stop agitating for Biafra, though we must never forget our dead.
What we need now is what we have always needed in Nigeria and that is SECURITY, which no one can give us except ourselves. Our history in Nigeria even makes it most the sensible option. Some people use Biafra to blackmail and sabotage us and that should stop. We should embrace Nigeria aggressively and fight to stop anyone who may try to secede again, but we should be armed enough anywhere we live in Nigeria and be ready to fight and defeat even an army there. No more running to the east and leaving our hard earned assets behind for thieves to seize. We must be prepared to defend our investments anywhere in Nigeria with our blood.
Enough of this genocide nonsense!

1 Like

Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by mrperfect(m): 9:40am On Nov 18, 2009
Thank you.
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by jayflex: 9:41am On Nov 18, 2009
Nwanne. Security measures have been in place since 1991. Though there's room for improvement, the adventurous spirit of ndigbo makes it very difficult to keep them tightly shacked up in enclaves and when all those genocidal beasts start their madness its unfortunate that some of us are exposed to it.

But if its self defence I witnessed first-hand a brutal counter-attack by igbo youths against the sharia mobs in kaduna. I was on the rooftops of a building in Federal Polytechnic Kaduna overlooking a spare parts market that had been burnt to the ground. some youths came back to salvage what they could from the shops and encountered some remnants of the mob and a fight ensued. To cut a long story short the mob were surprised  that the igbo youths were well armed and none of the mob survived it. Have you noticed that igbo casualties have declined with other southern tribes bearing the brunt of attacks nowadays.
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by babapupa: 9:47am On Nov 18, 2009
Y'all need to get a life for real,
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by jayflex: 10:10am On Nov 18, 2009
@Babapupa

Nobody asked your rancid bigoted ass for an an opinion. Igbos have been murdered in their thousands for NOTHING you f, ker. If you are not affected by regular massacres of your kinsmen you have no business twiddling your thumbs and typing anal retentive bullshit about those who are. This is what starts long threads of hatred and abuse.
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by babapupa: 10:24am On Nov 18, 2009
I don't even think you know the meaning of bigoted,

Like I said, get a freaking life.
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by agor1974: 10:25am On Nov 18, 2009
My brothers if we who reside in foreign countries like in south Africa can fight back,why not the igbos in Nigeria do the same.we should not only be defensive,but more offensive,in issue that concerns igbos anywhere in Nigeria,Nigeria is for all who dewell in it.since they don't want us to liberate,we should then stand our ground and fight anywhere,and make that place a battle ground.Bleep religion,the Jews are doing the same anywhere they are.they organise their own hit squad in anything of interest to them,and that's why every nation now accord them the respect they deserve.
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by jayflex: 10:45am On Nov 18, 2009
@ babapupa
see your post - ''I don't even thing you know the meaning of bigoted''

You stumble on a post and once you see anything concerning Igbo interest (whether or not it negatively affects you) you start posting shit. dont tell me about ''getting a life''. look for another post to foul up cos you've got nothing to say
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by chosen04(f): 10:55am On Nov 18, 2009
mrperfect:

Thank you.

Thank you for what? The Igbos are not not enemy-fighters. What we need is a seperate homeland from our enemies. And the Blood of our murdered heroes & heroine will continue to cry for Biafra.

Poster, are you willing and ready to raise you children in such an environment that you are advocating? You really need to get life.
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by chosen04(f): 10:58am On Nov 18, 2009
Whether you like it not! Biafra is a spirit that will die until actualised.

1 Like

Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by jayflex: 11:00am On Nov 18, 2009
@chosen04

Biafra or not lets be pragmatic about the fact that we ARE in nigeria right now. If there was a Biafra many of us would still live in naija and those attacks would not end. Rather we should focus on preventing anymore  massacre of our people.
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by chosen04(f): 4:14pm On Nov 18, 2009
jayflex:

@chosen04

Biafra or not lets be pragmatic about the fact that we ARE in nigeria right now. If there was a Biafra many of us would still live in naija and those attacks would not end. Rather we should focus on preventing anymore massacre of our people.

Jayflex

Unfortunately the massacre will never stop cos its what our enemies delight in. If a Prophet Mohammed's cartoon drawn in far away Denmark can lead these People to go on a killing spre of the percieved Biafra's for no reasons and no body prosecuted for it, then it will never stop.

How will it stop If a Gideon Akaluka can be taken from a Police station and decapitated for no reason than being Igbo with his head spiked and paraded on the street of Kano with the assailents, murderers going about the action in the open and were never arrested nor prosecuted.

How will not stop when they have the full support of they traditional and religious leaders to masscre the Biafrans with a promise of being rewarded heavily with 72 virgins.

The only away out of this is a seperate homeland from these bastards
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by chosen04(f): 4:20pm On Nov 18, 2009
The only way out is:: "It is better that we move slightly apart and survive, Its much worse that we move closer and Perish in the collision".

We are really perishing in the collision since we have refused to slightly or fully move apart.
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by FrankC3: 5:27pm On Nov 18, 2009
For those that can see clearly, Igbos are gradually recovering materially form the effects of the civil war. Check land ownership in Rivers/Abuja/Lagos to confirm this. Also check CBN and other national agencies poverty level indicators by zones. This is just 40 yrs after near annihilation. The side effect is what reflect as criminal vices(like drug trafficking etc). The second stage will take less that 10 yrs and that will likely include strategic security fortification. PDP will most likely conspire with history to deliver less that 10 yrs for this second stage. The final stage will be fervent Igboism which i think will most likely come with a good level of personal and group material comfort- telling our children where we are coming from. Some are faster and have attained this stage. Example of this you can see on NL like 'famous civil war quotes'. The fact remains that Nigeria is getting weaker. 1966 is not the same as 2009. This is a natural course of Igbos recovery but any unforeseen event like internal squabbles will most likely fast track the process. I think that we just need to keep the pace and establish a way to help people see the stage we are in. If Nigeria becomes better, Igbos are the best for it. If it becomes worse, Igbos are still better. Should it break up, that will ignite strong sentiment in Igbos and even further drive us to greater heights because they will feel for her new country what they never felt for Nigeria and divinize the Ojukwus of this world. Just projections anyway, may be wrong.
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by citizenY(m): 6:16pm On Nov 18, 2009
I feel good grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 18, 2009
Frank-C:

For those that can see clearly, Igbos are gradually recovering materially form the effects of the civil war. Check land ownership in Rivers/Abuja/Lagos to confirm this. Also check CBN and other national agencies poverty level indicators by zones. This is just 40 yrs after near annihilation. The side effect is what reflect as criminal vices(like drug trafficking etc). The second stage will take less that 10 yrs and that will likely include strategic security fortification. PDP will most likely conspire with history to deliver less that 10 yrs for this second stage. The final stage will be fervent Igboism which i think will most likely come with a good level of personal and group material comfort- telling our children where we are coming from. Some are faster and have attained this stage. Example of this you can see on NL like 'famous civil war quotes'. The fact remains that Nigeria is getting weaker. 1966 is not the same as 2009. This is a natural course of Igbos recovery but any unforeseen event like internal squabbles will most likely fast track the process. I think that we just need to keep the pace and establish a way to help people see the stage we are in. If Nigeria becomes better, Igbos are the best for it. If it becomes worse, Igbos are still better. Should it break up, that will ignite strong sentiment in Igbos and even further drive us to greater heights because they will feel for her new country what they never felt for Nigeria and divinize the Ojukwus of this world. Just projections anyway, may be wrong.

are you linking the weakining or demise of Nigeria directly to the so called "rise and empowerment of Igbos"?

Do you understand the meaning of foot in mouth and self defeating goals?

I dont know if you understand what I'm saying or if comprehension is far from you.

Dont be your own worst enemy. undecided

Its issues, statements like these and people like you who caused the civil war. And who will bring another one.
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by bawomolo(m): 7:12pm On Nov 18, 2009
chosen04:

Thank you for what? The Igbos are not not enemy-fighters. What we need is a seperate homeland from our enemies. And the Blood of our murdered heroes & heroine will continue to cry for Biafra.

Poster, are you willing and ready to raise you children in such an environment that you are advocating? You really need to get life.

who are the enemies, could you please list them?
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by babapupa: 7:25pm On Nov 18, 2009
jayflex:

@ babapupa
see your post -  ''I don't even thing you know the meaning of bigoted''

You stumble on a post and once you see anything concerning Igbo interest (whether or not it negatively affects you) you start posting shit. dont tell me about ''getting a life''. look for another post to foul up cos you've got nothing to say

You're sounding like a paranoid loser my friend.  Get a life,
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by chosen04(f): 7:54pm On Nov 18, 2009
1) All those who particiapated in the massacre.
2) Including those who did nothing to stop it.
3) Not limited to those who boosted of shoting even non-living things in the name of killing his enemies.
4) Those who called the properties of their so called fellow nigerians ''abandon properties''
5) those who gave us N20 ( out of our millions) to go and die cant be our friends.

Am not into enemy fighting but i seriously prefer a different homeland from murderers.
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by Onlytruth(m): 8:41pm On Nov 18, 2009
Hmm, something to really think about. I would choose Biafra, but if we can pull this off, it might even be a better idea. Just my thoughts.
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by bawomolo(m): 12:04am On Nov 19, 2009
chosen04:

3) Not limited to those who boosted of shoting even non-living things in the name of killing his enemies.
4) Those who called the properties of their so called fellow nigerians ''abandon properties''
5) those who gave us N20 ( out of our millions) to go and die cant be our friends.

Am not into enemy fighting but i seriously prefer a different homeland from murderers.

so what are you doing to get away from your enemies or is this another form of keyboard militancy?
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by Katsumoto: 12:16am On Nov 19, 2009
chosen04:

You know it is possible for Igbo people to stay in their land and fortify it. Since you hate your enemies so much, why do you persist in setting up home amongst your enemies? Why not just be self-sufficient in your enclave? No one is likely to trouble you in your own home. These questions are for your likes who will not sit at home (Igboland) but will set up home in Lagos and Kano and still get on the Internet and be typing crap about Biafra. These questions are not for the industries Igbo people who believe in one Nigeria with all its attendants socio-political problems.

Where do you live by the way? I am sure you do not reside in the east; just a guess.
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by Katsumoto: 12:25am On Nov 19, 2009
bawomolo:

so what are you doing to get away from your enemies or is this another form of keyboard militancy?

The easiest thing that people like this can do, is to stay in the east. Afterall, their enemies do not abound in great numbers in the east like they abound in the north and in the west. Chosen04 and her kind continue to complain about their enemies; why not live your enemies land if you do not feel welcome? Why do you persist in setting up home in Kano, Kaduna, etc when you don't feel welcomed? You would think that after the regrettable events of the 1960s, Igbo people would not settle in the north. Yet, some do, and I think Nigeria needs that but some of this Biafrans (notice I didn't say Igbo) continue to reside in the North and the west and then become part-time cyber-warriors, clamouring for their own country.
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by Nobody: 1:25am On Nov 19, 2009
Katsumoto:

You know it is possible for Igbo people to stay in their land and fortify it. Since you hate your enemies so much, why do you persist in setting up home amongst your enemies? Why not just be self-sufficient in your enclave? No one is likely to trouble you in your own home. These questions are for your likes who will not sit at home (Igboland) but will set up home in Lagos and Kano and still get on the Internet and be typing crap about Biafra. These questions are not for the industries Igbo people who believe in one Nigeria with all its attendants socio-political problems.

Where do you live by the way? I am sure you do not reside in the east; just a guess.

is your bolded statement referring to a Berlin wall around Igboland? angry
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by Nchara: 3:11am On Nov 19, 2009
All you anti Igbo elements,

What the poster is talking about is not much different from the warning given by OPC recently in the North. Only a fool will sit by and allow himself to be slaughtered for no just cause.
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by Eziachi: 3:56am On Nov 19, 2009
grin grin
It makes you laugh whenever Nigerians associates Biafran quest for freedom with relocating every Igboman back to the Old EAST or why do you have properties all over Nigeria? they will ask you.

If independence of a nation is strictly link to total disassociation with the old power, can some one tell me why millions of Nigerian are still living in United Kingdom despite fighting for their independence and got it from the British?
Why are Nigerians still buying properties or establishing businesses in the U.K after they have asked for their freedom and got it?

Biafran freedom has no connection with any Biafran citizen owning a business or a property anywhere in Nigeria or residing there by choice, the different now is that, they are foreign nationals with rights, just like millions Nigerian nationals residing legally or illegally in the United Kingdom too.

Don’t lose your sense of reasoning just because you are opposed to something you have no business opposing in the first place.
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by OgidiBoy(m): 4:02am On Nov 19, 2009
It's very easy to sit in the comfort of your living room and make those kinds of demands for us Igbos, why not start this battle and I'm sure some Igbos will follow you.
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by Eziachi: 4:06am On Nov 19, 2009
diobi:

We must be prepared to defend our investments anywhere in Nigeria with our blood.

Here we go!!
That was the same advise white rulers use to give black South Africans during their wicked rule.

We must be prepared to defend our investments anywhere in Nigeria with our blood.

I think you just wake up from sleep and start hitting your computer keyboard, if not how do you reconcile your above statement and this one?
I THINK YOU NEED SOME MORE SLEEP.
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by diobi: 4:09am On Nov 19, 2009
Our problem in nigeria is that people like the yoruba want us to stay, not because they like us but because they see that the country is working against us, so they want us to be frustrated in nigeria. they want us to stay the way they plan, not the way we plan. Hausa people too.
when they see that we are staying the way we plan they will change, just watch.
Some niger deltans too think that igbo must have biafra to survive so they try to sabotage it. what we need in nigeria is security. we don't need presidency, we don't need national unity. we  don't need justice or fairness. what we need is to protect ourselves and our assets anywhere in nigeria, and do so with heavy arms. when they see we are prepared to fight them in their land to protect our assets, they will become reasonable. only then can we get what we want, which is to grow without fear of being attacked by jealous neigbhors and host communities.
Igbo must embrace one nigeria with violence and fight anyone who will try to secede in the future. angry
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by Nobody: 4:13am On Nov 19, 2009
Nchara:

All you anti Igbo elements,

What the poster is talking about is not much different from the warning given by OPC recently in the North. Only a fool will sit by and allow himself to be slaughtered for no just cause.

can you explain who and what OPC is?
Re: What Igbos Need Most. We Don't Need Biafra by Eziachi: 4:18am On Nov 19, 2009
grin grin
And you think the same people you are accusing of sabotging you will give you your socalled security? Get real my friend, you are living in fantasy world. When someone dislikes you, they just do. Even you walk on your hed it won'tt make any difference at all.  Why would any sane person requires a special security guarantee to live in his own country? I feel sorry for some myopic Igbos like you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Do We Have A National Figure In Nigeria? / Equinox Opens African Headquarters In Lagos / APC Thanks Nigerians, Urges More Support For Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.