Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

MMM- Nigerians Are So Gullible. - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / MMM- Nigerians Are So Gullible. (1053 Views)

Cryptocurrency Ponsi Schemes Are Worst Than Mmm...nigerians Beware / MMM Posts Christmas Greeting. Angry Participants React (Photos) / MMM Nigerians: MMM Bans Further Payments To Their Community Subscribers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MMM- Nigerians Are So Gullible. by ndidibabe(f): 12:23pm On Dec 23, 2016
MMM isn't the first ponzi scheme in Nigeria. In fact, there has been several of this scheme in the past of which many people lost their money.

It is not an hidden fact that MMM crashed in SA and China and later restarted. In these two countries, only the greedy type still participate in MMM after the restart considering how participants lost their money before the restart.

MMM has also crashed in Nigeria and many people have lost millions of naira to this scheme. What is shocking and unbelievable is that many people are still anticipating to participate in the scheme when it restarts in January. Isn't this senseless?
Re: MMM- Nigerians Are So Gullible. by jamislaw(m): 12:42pm On Dec 23, 2016
Simple question is it your money?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MMM- Nigerians Are So Gullible. by Femich18(m): 12:50pm On Dec 23, 2016
It's better to keep quiet and people will take you for a wise man...

2 Likes

Re: MMM- Nigerians Are So Gullible. by Melahou(m): 12:58pm On Dec 23, 2016
And you opened a thread just for this?

you must really be pained...their money... their problem tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MMM- Nigerians Are So Gullible. by Seun(m): 1:28pm On Dec 23, 2016
ndidibabe:
What is shocking and unbelievable is that many people are still anticipating to participate in the scheme when it restarts in January. Isn't this senseless?
It certainly is. I think most of the people saying they will "provide help" in January will not keep their promises. Some are just saying it to reassure their downlines who were left holding the bag after they got help and cashed out just in time. Others are trying to support MMM so that it will last long enough for them to pull out their money. They can't accept the fact that their money is gone for good. I feel bad for them.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: MMM- Nigerians Are So Gullible. by godoluwa(m): 1:51pm On Dec 23, 2016
Seun:
It certainly is. I think most of the people saying they will "provide help" in January will not keep their promises. Some are just saying it to reassure their downlines who were left holding the bag after they got help and cashed out just in time. Others are trying to support MMM so that it will last long enough for them to pull out their money. They can't accept the fact that their money is gone for good. I feel bad for them.
Mavrodians gets what they deserved and I dont have pity on them! I dont know why Nigerians love deceit!
I expect mavrodians to ask themselves where the 30% profit comes from since their fund is not invested on any viable business!
Btw, Seun please call your mods to order because lots of senseless topics made frontpage these days e.g We had over 100topics within 72hous about buharis daughter wedding and to me its irrelevant.
Thanks for your cooperation

1 Like

Re: MMM- Nigerians Are So Gullible. by Nobody: 2:10pm On Dec 23, 2016
even though my money is gone, at least i still got d gut to take d risk. it jst happend dat i made d wrong move at d wrong time. i dnt blame mmm, i blame nigerians bcuz nothing ever work in dz God-forsaken country. when it perhaps cums back, i jst wnt my capital back so i can plung it into a more global system dat really works.

1 Like

Re: MMM- Nigerians Are So Gullible. by ogawisdom(m): 2:34pm On Dec 23, 2016
Op is high on goat poo angry angry sad angry

2 Likes

Re: MMM- Nigerians Are So Gullible. by sarahade(f): 3:17pm On Dec 23, 2016
Seun:

Thank you sir. but we don't need your analysis
Mmm has saved lives and helped people
Even if i don't get my money back i know ive helped a fellow Nigerian or nigerians.
Life goes on people lose billions everyday and the world has not ended besides who you epp.

4 Likes

Re: MMM- Nigerians Are So Gullible. by inspiredabbey(m): 4:29pm On Dec 23, 2016
Seun:
The problem with Nigerians is that we are too sentimental and don't face reality. I tried my best to dissuade my friends from signing up to MMM by explaining to them that MMM is not sustainable on the long run and may likely crash by December2016,
I studied Ponzi Schemes extensively even before MMM came to Nigeria and I can authoritatively state that MMM scheme in Nigeria will crash finally by first quarter of next year(If it has not crashed already). This is based on the following facts and figures:

1). MMM is not an investment. The sustainability of the scheme is based on the model that at any given time the number of people providing help will be more than the number of people getting help.

2). As at November 2016, the number of people that want to get help has exceeded the number of people providing help. The administrators of MMM tried to make more people provide help by increasing the bonus for people providing help. But due to the fact that Nigerians generally experience cash scarcity towards the end of the year and the campaign by government agencies against MMM,the number of people providing help declined further.

3) MMM Nigeria was not originally designed for the rich elites. The administrators did not envisage that Nigerians will be putting huge amount of money in the scheme at once. But trust Nigerians. Some people even borrowed huge amount of money from banks to put in MMM. While it is easy to match people that put in spare money like between N10,000 and N500,000, it is difficult to match people that put in millions of Naira.

4 ) I also suspect element of massive frauds on the part of the administrators of MMM. It is possible that the administrators opened multiple accounts in different banks and asked people to provide help into such accounts. (Especially huge amounts).

5) We cannot compare MMM in South Africa to MMM in Nigeria as the two countries operate different economic models and the spending patterns and risk appetite of Nigerians is different from that of South Africans.

Conclusions

1) I sincerely sympathised with those that may likely lose their money to MMM but I will advice them to take it in good faith and as a lesson that there is no free lunch. Financial success comes from diligent planning and hard work.

2) Nigerians should face the reality that MMM has crashed or may soon crashed.

3) Do not laugh at those that are stuck in MMM scheme. Empathised with them and be willing to assist and counsel them so that they do not harm themselves.

4) The government did not take proactive steps to prevent its citizens from falling prey to this fraudulent scheme. To be fair to the government, ough warnings against MMM was given by CBN, EFCC and SEC but government should have gone further by going after the promoters of the scheme in Nigeria at the initial stage.(China did it)

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: MMM- Nigerians Are So Gullible. by yommen: 4:49pm On Dec 23, 2016
godoluwa:
Mavrodians gets what they deserved and I dont have pity on them! I dont know why Nigerians love deceit!
I expect mavrodians to ask themselves where the 30% profit comes from since their fund is not invested on any viable business!
Btw, Seun please call your mods to order because lots of senseless topics made frontpage these days e.g We had over 100topics within 72hous about buharis daughter wedding and to me its irrelevant.
Thanks for your cooperation

HABBA! NA YOUR MONEY LEAVE THEM ALONE AND FACE YOUR WARRANT NOW! WE BEG YOU FOR MONEY NI? WHICH ONE BE YOUR OWN HEADACHE NOW WHAT A SADDIST!!!
Re: MMM- Nigerians Are So Gullible. by sarahade(f): 5:41am On Dec 24, 2016
inspiredabbey:
The problem with Nigerians is that we are too sentimental and don't face reality. I tried my best to dissuade my friends from signing up to MMM by explaining to them that MMM is not sustainable on the long run and may likely crash by December2016,
I studied Ponzi Schemes extensively even before MMM came to Nigeria and I can authoritatively state that MMM scheme in Nigeria will crash finally by first quarter of next year(If it has not crashed already). This is based on the following facts and figures:

1). MMM is not an investment. The sustainability of the scheme is based on the model that at any given time the number of people providing help will be more than the number of people getting help.

2). As at November 2016, the number of people that want to get help has exceeded the number of people providing help. The administrators of MMM tried to make more people provide help by increasing the bonus for people providing help. But due to the fact that Nigerians generally experience cash scarcity towards the end of the year and the campaign by government agencies against MMM,the number of people providing help declined further.

3) MMM Nigeria was not originally designed for the rich elites. The administrators did not envisage that Nigerians will be putting huge amount of money in the scheme at once. But trust Nigerians. Some people even borrowed huge amount of money from banks to put in MMM. While it is easy to match people that put in spare money like between N10,000 and N500,000, it is difficult to match people that put in millions of Naira.

4 ) I also suspect element of massive frauds on the part of the administrators of MMM. It is possible that the administrators opened multiple accounts in different banks and asked people to provide help into such accounts. (Especially huge amounts).

5) We cannot compare MMM in South Africa to MMM in Nigeria as the two countries operate different economic models and the spending patterns and risk appetite of Nigerians is different from that of South Africans.

Conclusions

1) I sincerely sympathised with those that may likely lose their money to MMM but I will advice them to take it in good faith and as a lesson that there is no free lunch. Financial success comes from diligent planning and hard work.

2) Nigerians should face the reality that MMM has crashed or may soon crashed.

3) Do not laugh at those that are stuck in MMM scheme. Empathised with them and be willing to assist and counsel them so that they do not harm themselves.

4) The government did not take proactive steps to prevent its citizens from falling prey to this fraudulent scheme. To be fair to the government, ough warnings against MMM was given by CBN, EFCC and SEC but government should have gone further by going after the promoters of the scheme in Nigeria at the initial stage.(China did it)

Keep quiet.
Thank you sir

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Financial Freedom With Just #6k / Konga Mall Has Launched an MMM Network, Hurry Up And GH Upto 30% / How To Raise Money To Start A Business In 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.