Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,447 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

D - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / D (6091 Views)

Dates For Easter In The Past And Coming 20 Years / D / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D by Nobody: 7:47pm On Dec 23, 2016
haibe:
what is good about not believing there is God?
Because then you become less likely to believe he'll help you and actually help yourself
Re: D by Nobody: 7:58pm On Dec 23, 2016
hahn:

www.bestonlinedeals.com.ng

Check it out

Critic and suggest improvements
Great idea by the way.
The home page needs a little more work in terms of categorizing items.
Right now it just shows random products.

The items displayed on home page take up too much space on mobile, maybe its fine on desktop.

The news letter stuff was also a great idea.
That's all I think a few tips would be

Advertising on Facebook, its really awesome.
Plus you should study sites like amazon and other big websites that deals on stuff like this, they'll really show you how to categories.

Nice idea once again.
Keep up the good work

1 Like

Re: D by haibe(m): 8:17pm On Dec 23, 2016
Lennycool:

Because then you become less likely to believe he'll help you and actually help yourself
Are u aware there are theists who dont believe in miracles? So u don't have to be an atheist because of this assertion. Mention something else.
Re: D by Godstraight(m): 9:35pm On Dec 23, 2016
Lennycool:

Naa I just address illogical arguments whenever I find them.
Whatever you have to say, communism is not atheism.

It doesn't matter what Christ approved, what happened was sanctioned by christian leaders and commited by Christian people.
As was the Holocaust in Germany
Witch burnings
I can go on

Holocaust doesn't quite fit in that list am afraid,it was caused by another delusion in it's own right

1 Like

Re: D by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 23, 2016
haibe:

Are u aware there are theists who dont believe in miracles? So u don't have to be an atheist because of this assertion. Mention something else.
You asked what was the benefit.
I should also add that when you become an atheist you stop believing crooks who say they somehow posses the will of God and a obliged to let it rule over everyone's life.
Re: D by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 23, 2016
Godgay:
Holocaust doesn't quite fit in that list am afraid,it was caused by another delusion in it's own right
Yes it does fit.
It was done under the leadership of an ex Christian deist with biblical views.
And most of the atrocities were carried out by the christian citizens of Germany
Re: D by DeSepiero(m): 10:04pm On Dec 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You can't be good without God .
Elaborate if you don't mind.
Re: D by haibe(m): 11:03pm On Dec 23, 2016
Lennycool:

You asked what was the benefit.
I should also add that when you become an atheist you stop believing crooks who say they somehow posses the will of God and a obliged to let it rule over everyone's life.

@bolded When u are asked the benefit of something over another, the right way to answer is to give a benefit that is not peculiar to both objects of comparison. So i would expect you to give me a benefit that is exclusive to atheism alone. A benefit that is common to both atheism and non atheism is not valid for this argument as it doesn't give ur points any advantage.

@italics: it therefore follows that this benefit is also invalid as there are theists who are strongly against pastors/imams who make such claims.. infact it is no news that some christians don't go to church gatherings at all, they believe in serving God in Spirit without the help of any man.

You are yet to give any valid benefit of atheism over theism, or what is really good about atheism like i specifically asked seun. If its because of benefits like this you are an atheist, then you could as well remain a theist and still get this benefits.
Re: D by Godstraight(m): 12:08am On Dec 24, 2016
N
Lennycool:

Yes it does fit.
It was done under the leadership of an ex Christian deist with biblical views.
And most of the atrocities were carried out by the christian citizens of Germany
no it doesn't count,of is done with an ideology of racial biology and strong nationalism,Jews gypies,Slavs were all considered inferior to the German ayran race,I don't like being put in a position of defending and arguing for Christianity,the final solution of enemies of the ayran race was established in 1942 in the thick middle of the war,the whole of Germany(and the world) knew about the concentration camps in 1945,except you took a personal stat of the thousands of scientist and other folks who worked there including their individual personal beliefs and religion I don't think you can just "Christian" citizen of germany,have you heard José mangele,do you know the Japanese also had a similar program at unit 731?.
Re: D by Nobody: 12:53am On Dec 24, 2016
Godgay:
Nno it doesn't count,of is done with an ideology of racial biology and strong nationalism,Jews gypies,Slavs were all considered inferior to the German ayran race,I don't like being put in a position of defending and arguing for Christianity,the final solution of enemies of the ayran race was established in 1942 in the thick middle of the war,the whole of Germany(and the world) knew about the concentration camps in 1945,except you took a personal stat of the thousands of scientist and other folks who worked there including their individual personal beliefs and religion I don't think you can just "Christian" citizen of germany,have you heard José mangele,do you know the Japanese also had a similar program at unit 731?.
Guy you're going too far with your analyzing I've read on the Holocaust.
We aren't arguing the motive behind it.

Theist like him are fond of listing murders committed by atheists irrespective of their aims as somehow proof that all atheist are evil. I'm simply trying to show him that christians aren't that different in that regard.
So it doesn't matter why Germany did what it did, they had a deist leader and a significant percentage of christians, yet the Holocaust was carried out.
That's all that matters.
Re: D by RosaConsidine: 3:26am On Dec 24, 2016
MrPresident1:
All the doctrines in the world from Christianity to Islam to Buddhism to atheism to satanism are all owned by God, and He chooses for each man according to His purpose for that person.

You who deny and say there is no God, the doctrine you have been given is for a purpose. You consider the vast expanse of a still expanding universe, and then ruminate on the mathematical precision and exactitude the universe, then in your most rational sense declare that it is all random? Pray tell, what would happen if your brains begin to give random uncoordinated instructions to your heart, and your liver, and your intestines, what would happen to you? Yet your system works precisely and exactly, yet you declare in your most rational senses that creation is random, that you are only a part of its randomness, no wonder the Bible, no me, declares you a FOOL.

Atheism is as fake to a black man as generosity is second nature to an hyena.

Atheism is mental discombubolation, mental death, and mental colonialism.

Atheism is greed for the profane goods of ESAU.

Atheism is unbridled GREED

Errrr, if they are all owned by God, what makes one right thus invalidating all the others? If he "chooses for each man according to his purpose for that person", how come you're going further down to ridicule what you called God's choice at the beginning of your post?

1 Like

Re: D by MrPresident1: 6:52am On Dec 24, 2016
RosaConsidine:

Errrr, if they are all owned by God, what makes one right thus invalidating all the others? If he "chooses for each man according to his purpose for that person", how come you're going further down to ridicule what you called God's choice at the beginning of your post?

Everyman gets what he deserves in relation to his judgment. A person who has judgment debt is placed in atheism and satanism for example, put in darkness until his time to be punished is mature.

I see you are also labouring under the delusion of atheism, or am i wrong? my brother you are being placed in darkness until your judgment is mature.

When we see your choice in God, we know who you are and the manner of your 'transgression' grin

1 Like

Re: D by Godstraight(m): 7:33am On Dec 24, 2016
M
Lennycool:

Theist like him are fond of listing murders committed by atheists irrespective of their aims as somehow proof that all atheist are evil. I'm simply trying to show him that christians aren't that different in that regard.
So it doesn't matter why Germany did what it did, they had a deist leader and a significant percentage of christians, yet the Holocaust was carried out.
That's all that matters.
okay
Re: D by Immorttal: 7:38am On Dec 24, 2016
jonbellion:
you better renounce your prophecy Mr man
For your own good grin
am preparing an article for him, i will lash him thoroughly the day the TRUMPET will sound. grin
Re: D by MrPresident1: 8:15am On Dec 24, 2016
Immorttal:
am preparing an article for him, i will lash him thoroughly the day the TRUMPET will sound. grin

My brother, This is the real deal grin

Come to the watchers thread, come and say something, say anything cheesy
Re: D by Immorttal: 9:08am On Dec 24, 2016
MrPresident1:

My brother, This is the real deal grin

Come to the watchers thread, come and say something, say anything cheesy
give me a link to the watchers thread.
Re: D by MrPresident1: 9:19am On Dec 24, 2016
Re: D by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 24, 2016
Re: D by RosaConsidine: 1:18pm On Dec 24, 2016
MrPresident1:

Everyman gets what he deserves in relation to his judgment. A person who has judgment debt is placed in atheism and satanism for example, put in darkness until his time to be punished is mature.

I see you are also labouring under the delusion of atheism, or am i wrong? my brother you are being placed in darkness until your judgment is mature.

When we see your choice in God, we know who you are and the manner of your 'transgression' grin

Atheist, no. Religious skeptic, yes. I know you probably bundle all in the same boat but we have our differences. Either way, I don't have to defend my choice of religion same as I don't expect anyone else to. Just be good and treat others how you would like to be treated. Everything else is personal and should be respected and I mean that for everyone across the religious and nonreligious divide.
Re: D by MrPresident1: 2:19pm On Dec 24, 2016
RosaConsidine:

Atheist, no. Religious skeptic, yes. I know you probably bundle all in the same boat but we have our differences. Either way, I don't have to defend my choice of religion same as I don't expect anyone else to. Just be good and treat others how you would like to be treated. Everything else is personal and should be respected and I mean that for everyone across the religious and nonreligious divide.

I do not preach religion, religion is bondage, at last the modern day religion.

I preach godliness. Your choice is all yours wink
Re: D by Seun(m): 2:35pm On Dec 24, 2016
haibe:
what is good about not believing there is God?
It let's you live your life according to reason rather than dogma. You get to do the things that make sense to you as a scientifically educated 21st century human. You don't have to defend passages in the Bible that are obviously immoral and outdated or concoct dishonest excuses for its numerous contradictions and errors.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: D by tosyne2much(m): 2:47pm On Dec 24, 2016
Seun:
It let's you live your life according to reason rather than dogma. You get to do the things that make sense to you as a scientifically educated 21st century human. You don't have to defend passages in the Bible that are obviously immoral and outdated or concoct dishonest excuses for its numerous contradictions and errors.
I always try to avoid reading your comments about the non existence of God because your points are so logical that if one is not careful, one will become an atheist too cheesy

2 Likes

Re: D by haibe(m): 2:56pm On Dec 24, 2016
Seun:
It let's you live your life according to reason rather than dogma. You get to do the things that make sense to you as a scientifically educated 21st century human. [s]You don't have to defend passages in the Bible that are obviously immoral and outdated or concoct dishonest excuses for its numerois contradictions and errors[/s].

@bolded you can still believe in God without believing all these dogmas flying around, perhaps you can be a deist.

@italics there are several people who believe in God and yet do things that make sense to them as a scientifically educated human.. one of my close friends does not believe any portion of the bible that doesn't sound logical to him, there is a guy on nairaland with the name Lojj who fits into the description of someone who believes in a God but still take science and logic 100%.

@cancelled this is not in anyway a benefit, it is your opinion whether or not a bible verse is immoral and not a fact, and defending the bible makes perfect sense for someone that believes the bible is true, just like you believe atheism is the best place to be. Also you don't have to defend the bible to believe in God.

From your post, you have still not given a benefit of not believing in God. Most of the characteristics you see as benefits are also exhibited by those who believe in God.

1 Like

Re: D by Richirich713: 3:05pm On Dec 24, 2016
Re: D by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 24, 2016
haibe:

@bolded you can still believe in God without believing all these dogmas flying around, perhaps you can be a deist.

@italics there are several people who believe in God and yet do things that make sense to them as a scientifically educated human.. one of my close friends does not believe any portion of the bible that doesn't sound logical to him, there is a guy on nairaland with the name Lojj who fits into the description of someone who believes in a God but still take science and logic 100%.

@cancelled this is not in anyway a benefit, it is your opinion whether or not a bible verse is immoral and not a fact, and defending the bible makes perfect sense for someone that believes the bible is true, just like you believe atheism is the best place to be. Also you don't have to defend the bible to believe in God.

From your post, you have still not given a benefit of not believing in God. Most of the characteristics you see as benefits are also exhibited by those who believe in God.

grin
Now you're just beating around the bloody bush, atheism will significantly increase the chances of everything seun just said. So even if other theist might imitate something similar, atheist are Infinitely more likely to base their life like that.
Your just trying to start an illogical argument

It's like asking what is the benefit of not believing in Zeus?
One might respond that you would be free from all the restrictive rules that follows his religion, and someone like you might then quip that you can believe Zeus exist and still not follow his rules, so your unbelief has no benefit.
That's exactly what your trying to imply and its downright insincere.

Also asking the benefit of atheism is partly irrelevant.
Atheism is brought about by simple observation of facts. It is truth, irrespective of whether it has any benefits or not(but it does).
What is the benefit of knowing the sun is actually spherical rather than a cuboid?
What is the benefit of knowing the composition of air?
What is the benefit of knowing anything?
The answer is simple, so we can make more informed decisions.
The benefit of atheism is the same.
A lack of belief in God, allows you to make more informed decisions concerning your life.

1 Like

Re: D by haibe(m): 6:03pm On Dec 24, 2016
Lennycool:

;[s]D
Now you're just beating around the bloody bush, atheism will significantly increase the chances of everything seun just said. So even if other theist might imitate something similar, atheist are Infinitely more likely to base their life like that.
Your just trying to start an illogical argument

It's like asking what is the benefit of not believing in Zeus?
One might respond that you would be free from all the restrictive rules that follows his religion, and someone like you might then quip that you can believe Zeus exist and still not follow his rules, so your unbelief has no benefit.
That's exactly what your trying to imply and its downright insincere.

Also asking the benefit of atheism is partly irrelevant.
Atheism is brought about by simple observation of facts. It is truth, irrespective of whether it has any benefits or not(but it does).
What is the benefit of knowing the sun is actually spherical rather than a cuboid?
What is the benefit of knowing the composition of air?
What is the benefit of knowing anything?
The answer is simple, so we can make more informed decisions.
The benefit of atheism is the same.
A lack of belief in God, allows you to make more informed decisions concerning your life.[/s]

This is nonsense, the point i am making is that the reasons most of you guys become atheists is actually silly.. for example, you want to be more logical in your thinking and refuse anything without scientific evidence.

Acknowledging that a God exist is entirely different from having a religion where you may be bounded by dogmas and doctrines of all sorts. Again there are people who are perhaps by far more rational than you are but believe in the existence of a God. I have spoken to several atheists and their main reasons for believing there is no God all boils down to not wanting to be bounded by some doctrines they have to follow. I am categorically saying that you don't have to be a religionist to believe in a creator, perhaps many of you atheists don't really know why u are one or don't really understand what atheism entails.

Sit ur ass down again and think of why u really are an atheist and examine if the reason why you are one will actually be a mutually exclusive event if you start to believe in the existence of a God.

1 Like

Re: D by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 24, 2016
haibe:

This is nonsense, the point i am making is that the reasons most of you guys become atheists is actually silly.. for example, you want to be more logical in your thinking and refuse anything without scientific evidence.

Acknowledging that a God exist is entirely different from having a religion where you may be bounded by dogmas and doctrines of all sorts. Again there are people who are perhaps by far more rational than you are but believe in the existence of a God. I have spoken to several atheists and their main reasons for believing there is no God all boils down to not wanting to be bounded by some doctrines they have to follow. I am categorically saying that you don't have to be a religionist to believe in a creator, perhaps many of you atheists don't really know why u are one or don't really understand what atheism entails.

Sit ur ass down again and think of why u really are an atheist and examine if the reason why you are one will actually be a mutually exclusive event if you start to believe in the existence of a God.
Well look at you.
Going around advising other people on what they should believe in.
I'm an atheist, and i know why I'm an atheist, your input is irrelevant and unwanted.
Believe what you wish
Re: D by haibe(m): 6:25pm On Dec 24, 2016
Lennycool:

Well look at you.
Going around advising other people on what they should believe in.
I'm an atheist, and i know why I'm an atheist, your input is irrelevant and unwanted.
Believe what you wish

How am i going around advising anyone? Seun is a perfect exam of someone going around advising other people by shoving his belief in atheism on other people, i follow him so i know this. Am pretty sure you do this too like ur fellow atheists.

@bolded good thing you quoted me first in both of my replies to seun. I normally don't involve in religious debates again, i stopped since 2013 but seems seun all of a sudden has taken it upon himself to mislead those who believe, he has been too obsessed about anything related to theists recently and it just interested me to stirr up a conversation with him on this thread, there is a reason i never quoted you or any other atheist here initially.

1 Like

Re: D by MrMontella(m): 9:11pm On Dec 24, 2016
Lennycool:

That's all that matters.
hitler na christian na
Re: D by Nobody: 10:48pm On Dec 24, 2016
MrMontella:

hitler na christian na
Yeah before 1939.
He got tired of it an became a deist(probably because of its Jewish origin and ideals), though he still had high regard for the bible and believed Jesus was white and not Jewish, and that his mission was the will of God.
The majority of Germans were christian though, the church even helped by presenting birth records of the Jews.
Every sector of the German nation was involved in the Holocaust, transportation, schools, churches, army e.t.c
Its one of the greatest tragedies ever, and historians are still baffled at how a developed country like Germany could be taken over by so much hate and barbarism.
Re: D by winner01(m): 1:46am On Dec 29, 2016
Seun:
After all these, what next?? The universe gives you a medal for 'making sense'?

Dude, live free, hate is eating you up undecided
Re: D by Nobody: 2:13am On Dec 29, 2016
Seun:

You are yet to truthfully say why you are an atheist and that is if you are indeed an atheist. You are more of an anti Theist...Your life is full of hate for anything theist.

You are becoming a sicko

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prophet Odumeje In Trouble As Immediate Arrest Looms / Ukraine-based Nigerian Pastor, Sunday Adelaja, In Fraud Charges / Where Does Bishop Oyedepo Get The Cash To Build All His PRIVATE ESTABLISHMENTS??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.