Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,640 members, 7,809,401 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

Where Does Bishop Oyedepo Get The Cash To Build All His PRIVATE ESTABLISHMENTS?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Does Bishop Oyedepo Get The Cash To Build All His PRIVATE ESTABLISHMENTS?? (6084 Views)

My Experience With Fake Bishop Oyedepo On Facebook(snapshots) / Inside The 100,000 Seat Auditorium Bishop Oyedepo Is Planning To Build / Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Does Bishop Oyedepo Get The Cash To Build All His PRIVATE ESTABLISHMENTS?? by goodman3(m): 1:58pm On May 08, 2012
undecidedI heard bishop david oyedapo is already building another private university in abuja called 'new kings'........remember that he already has 'covenant university'.....it makes me wonder where he gets the MILLIONS that he uses to set up all this 'private' establishments. Even after he builds all this schools, he makes the school fees so high that the average/poor man which makes up more than 60perecent of his entire congregation can not send his child there......does that mean that the school was built for ONLY THE RICH?

I tought that christianity advices its followers to seek the kingdom of GOD and hate worldly things because they belong to the devil......but it doesnt seem to be the case with the bishop. I even heard that the plan to build an estate (winners city) is already in motion and i saw the prices of the houses in that estate, it ranged from 6million to abt 35million. What does a 'MAN OF GOD' need all this worldly things for........what is he gonna preach to his congregation:/
undecidedhey guys lets not decieve ourselves........!!!

WHERE DOES HE GET THE MONEY FROM........and is he not suppose to face church work and leave all this worldly things for 'sinners'??
#just saying
Re: Where Does Bishop Oyedepo Get The Cash To Build All His PRIVATE ESTABLISHMENTS?? by Goshen360(m): 2:10pm On May 08, 2012
My brother, you are treading the lion's den. Don't even go there now please. They will quickly remind you how anointed the MoG is and the bible says, "touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm". They will remind you that the bible says, jugde not. Please stay off this kind of topic before members starts to rain curses on you. Seriously. A word is enough for the wise.

3 Likes

Re: Where Does Bishop Oyedepo Get The Cash To Build All His PRIVATE ESTABLISHMENTS?? by rastamouse: 2:12pm On May 08, 2012
Jeffbaba: undecidedI heard bishop david oyedapo is already building another private university in abuja called 'new kings'........remember that he already has 'covenant university'.....it makes me wonder where he gets the MILLIONS that he uses to set up all this 'private' establishments. Even after he builds all this schools, he makes the school fees so high that the average/poor man which makes up more than 60perecent of his entire congregation can not send his child there......does that mean that the school was built for ONLY THE RICH?
I tought that christianity advices its followers to seek the kingdom of GOD and hate worldly things because they belong to the devil......but it doesnt seem to be the case with the bishop. I even heard that the plan to build an estate (winners city) is already in motion and i saw the prices of the houses in that estate, it ranged from 6million to abt 35million. What does a 'MAN OF GOD' need all this worldly things for........what is he gonna preach to his congregation:/
undecidedhey guys lets not decieve ourselves........!!!
WHERE DOES HE GET THE MONEY FROM........and is he not suppose to face church work and leave all this worldly things for 'sinners'??
#just saying

That is where he gets his money from. Being financially successful is never a sin as long as the person is not possessed by the material things. GOD can choose to bless someone without measure. HE did the same thing to Abraham, Isaac and of course Solomon.

1 Like

Re: Where Does Bishop Oyedepo Get The Cash To Build All His PRIVATE ESTABLISHMENTS?? by Nobody: 2:28pm On May 08, 2012
I've worked for one of the popular churches. I had access to most of the financial sheets within our church.

We'll ignore offerings(building, special, seedfaith, all other bullshit), and donations.

TITHES: this is the real windfall
Every month, each member is expected to pay 10% of his salary. For our case study, let's assume one church has a 100 members. Let's also assume each of them earns minimum wage.

18,000 * 10% = 1,800

1,800 * 100 = 180,000naira every month.

Imagine a church has at most 10 branches in a state.

180,000 * 10 =1.8million naira per month..

There are 36 states in Nigeria, Abuja is excluded..

1.8m * 36= 64.8m naira every month..

Need I say more..

REMEMBER OFFERINGS, DONATIONS, SPECIAL SERVICE OFFERINGS, ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THESE FIGURES.

2 Likes

Re: Where Does Bishop Oyedepo Get The Cash To Build All His PRIVATE ESTABLISHMENTS?? by Goshen360(m): 2:40pm On May 08, 2012
^
Hey bro musKeeto,

You are treading the lion's den. You had so much curse on your "skull" from the other thread. Please don't go there. Remember, "wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together".
Re: Where Does Bishop Oyedepo Get The Cash To Build All His PRIVATE ESTABLISHMENTS?? by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 08, 2012
Now watch how that figure inflates if I change my congregation population to 150 which should be an average in Nigeria.

150 * 1800 = 270,000

Then change parish density per state to let's say twenty...

270,000 * 20= 5,400,000

Of course, I can't change number of states, but I would include Abuja this time

5,400,000 * 37 = 199,800,000

INDEED THE CALLING OF GOD UPON A MAN'S LIFE MAKETH RICH..

Greedy People, Greedy Churches, Greedy Pastors.

God is not a money doubler, but you can keep trying..

2 Likes

Re: Where Does Bishop Oyedepo Get The Cash To Build All His PRIVATE ESTABLISHMENTS?? by Goshen360(m): 2:58pm On May 08, 2012
MusKeeto,

What are you trynna say? Our God is Rich!
Re: Where Does Bishop Oyedepo Get The Cash To Build All His PRIVATE ESTABLISHMENTS?? by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 08, 2012
Of course He is. WE are BORN to dominate and conquer, to buy jets SO we can go to the sky and see the MOST HIGH, build mansions so that HE meets us in A QUIET PLACE, slap WITCHES and tread on JUDGES,

The poor are under a curse, and they must keep giving till that curse is broken.. nonsense. How can they call themselves CHILDREN of the most HIGH, and they're poor.. did JESUS borrow? Jesus rode the finest DONKEY, wore the finest GARMENT, was hung on a GUCCI cross, turned WATER to the Best wine ever...

Jesus, he don't wanna associate with the poor, keep GIVING till you BECOME RICH... AMEN..

3 Likes

Re: Where Does Bishop Oyedepo Get The Cash To Build All His PRIVATE ESTABLISHMENTS?? by logicboy: 3:08pm On May 08, 2012
musKeeto: I've worked for one of the popular churches. I had access to most of the financial sheets within our church.

We'll ignore offerings(building, special, seedfaith, all other bullshit), and donations.

TITHES: this is the real windfall
Every month, each member is expected to pay 10% of his salary. For our case study, let's assume one church has a 100 members. Let's also each of them earns minimum wage.

18,000 * 10% = 1,800

1,800 * 100 = 180,000naira every month.

Imagine a church has at most 10 branches in a state.

180,000 * 10 =1.8million naira per month..

There are 36 states in Nigeria, Abuja is excluded..

1.8m * 36= 64.8m naira every month..

Need I say more..

REMEMBER OFFERINGS, DONATIONS, SPECIAL SERVICE OFFERINGS, ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THESE FIGURES.

Are you not afraid of these people? Will they not fight tooth and nail or even murder to make Christianity dominate so that theu will make profit?
Re: Where Does Bishop Oyedepo Get The Cash To Build All His PRIVATE ESTABLISHMENTS?? by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 08, 2012
logicboy:

Are you not afraid of these people? Will they not fight tooth and nail or even murder to make Christianity dominate so that theu will make profit?

From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been forcefully advancing, and forceful men lay hold of it.

There's no fear to HIM who knows CHRIST.. The gates of HADES shall not prevail, never.... We'll conquer and dominate, whether you like am or not.. We'll fight TOOTH, NAIL and BROKEN BOTTLE.. Murder? Hmm.. we've started with Slaps.. if dem no hear word, we go progress to flog, then maybe...
Re: Where Does Bishop Oyedepo Get The Cash To Build All His PRIVATE ESTABLISHMENTS?? by goodman3(m): 4:18pm On May 08, 2012
Mods pls this needs to be in the front page!!.......
Its baffling that the church uses the congragations money( not millions but BILLIONSshocked ) to establish PRIVATE universities and estates.....and the most annoying thing is that the church will make the schools affordable for only THE RICH!!......so they are trying to tell the poor ones to go to hell and find their level (yet these 'poor ones' are the ones that paid tithes and donations used to build the school oooo). YET if sum1 tries to point this out to them, members of such church will start cursing u!!...i dnt wanna mention any name of any church again....its sooo annoying:@.........
*Babcock
*convenant
*reddemers
*landmark
dis schools were established by churches but half of their congragation cant afford to school there.......what a pity!!

TO MEMBERS OF SUCH CHURCHES: The earlier u realise that this pastors are using u, the better for u!........u probably dnt have a car but the person ure putting money for as tithe is riding a PRIVATE JET!
*ure probably still a tenant but the person ure putting money for is using ur money to build schools here and there.....and his gonna make the school unaffordable for u!!
Meeehhn.......nigerians should GET WISE.....and fast!
See as ur fellow human being dey use una head scrub their floor in the name of christianity!
If u think they have ur interest at heart, whenever u have a problem, go and ask them 4 help and see if they will even answer u.....lol.....shebi dats if they will even agree to see u!!!.......mtchewww........and u will soon start defendng them!

2 Likes

Re: Where Does Bishop Oyedepo Get The Cash To Build All His PRIVATE ESTABLISHMENTS?? by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 08, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Who is this HEATHEN? Don't look at these things with carnal minds.. Yes, the money is carnal and the PRIVATE JETS too, but they are being used for spiritual purposes. We use them to preach the GOSPEL..Do you expect one WHO carries the HOLY GHOST, GOD HIMSELF, to use TAXIS?

These are spiritual matters, use of the brain is not advised.. The brain is flesh, carnal, it will hinder you from partaking of the BLESSINGS OF the LORD. Listen to the HOLY SPIRIT that dwells within.. AND BE careful what you say ABOUT MEN OF GOD, touch not my ANNOINTED and DO My PRO'FLIRTS' no HARAM..

Sow into the school project, and watch as God will multiply your 1000 naira tenfolds till you can afford the SCHOOL FEES.. The SCHOOL was built by the CHURCH, For the CHURCH and to THE CHURCH... Don't bring your poverty mentality here. Be RICH in your MIND, be rich IN YOUR THOUGHTS, and the LORD WILL SURELY ENRICH you..
Halleluia
Re: Where Does Bishop Oyedepo Get The Cash To Build All His PRIVATE ESTABLISHMENTS?? by nepcham(m): 6:36pm On May 08, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]
Jeffbaba: Mods pls this needs to be in the front page!!.......
Its baffling that the church uses the congragations money( not millions but BILLIONSshocked ) to establish PRIVATE universities and estates.....and the most annoying thing is that the church will make the schools affordable for only THE RICH!!......so they are trying to tell the poor ones to go to hell and find their level (yet these 'poor ones' are the ones that paid tithes and donations used to build the school oooo). YET if sum1 tries to point this out to them, members of such church will start cursing u!!...i dnt wanna mention any name of any church again....its sooo annoying:@.........
*Babcock
*convenant
*reddemers
*landmark
dis schools were established by churches but half of their congragation cant afford to school there.......what a pity!!

TO MEMBERS OF SUCH CHURCHES: The earlier u realise that this pastors are using u, the better for u!........u probably dnt have a car but the person ure putting money for as tithe is riding a PRIVATE JET!
*ure probably still a tenant but the person ure putting money for is using ur money to build schools here and there.....and his gonna make the school unaffordable for u!!
Meeehhn.......nigerians should GET WISE.....and fast!
See as ur fellow human being dey use una head scrub their floor in the name of christianity!
If u think they have ur interest at heart, whenever u have a problem, go and ask them 4 help and see if they will even answer u.....lol.....shebi dats if they will even agree to see u!!!.......mtchewww........and u will soon start defendng them!
@JeffBaba, are you a christian or you belong to a different faith? If a christian, do you give offering or pay tithe in your local assembly? Moreso, can you advice the members of those churches that their pastor build private schools on which church to attend or are you saying they should stop going to church? You don't give a blind advice.
Re: Where Does Bishop Oyedepo Get The Cash To Build All His PRIVATE ESTABLISHMENTS?? by goodman3(m): 6:43pm On May 08, 2012
My friend shut dat ur musquito brain up!......its pple like u dat this pple use....ure a GOAT!!......in the bible, did JESUS CHRIST ever demand executive treatment??....instead, he served others....he was even humble as to wash his disciples feet!......not like all dis 'pastors' that want to turn themselves into god......ure just being foolish in the name of religion........its as if i will go and start church business sef so dat i will deceive goats like u.......better go and invest ur money in ur life so dat ur life will be sweet instead of going to invest in another mans pocket......some1 dat will never help u if ure in trouble......mtcheww......
No vex say i dey call u goat ooo......ure just reasoning like one....no offence!!!
Re: Where Does Bishop Oyedepo Get The Cash To Build All His PRIVATE ESTABLISHMENTS?? by Nobody: 6:47pm On May 08, 2012
Jeffbaba: My friend shut dat ur musquito brain up!......its pple like u dat this pple use....ure a GOAT!!......in the bible, did JESUS CHRIST ever demand executive treatment??....instead, he served others....he was even humble as to wash his disciples feet!......not like all dis 'pastors' that want to turn themselves into god......ure just being foolish in the name of religion........its as if i will go and start church business sef so dat i will deceive goats like u.......better go and invest ur money in ur life so dat ur life will be sweet instead of going to invest in another mans pocket......some1 dat will never help u if ure in trouble......mtcheww......
No vex say i dey call u goat ooo......ure just reasoning like one....no offence!!!

Hmm.. look at you... wash disciples feet ke? Na wa.. dat one na Jesus example.. e easy to be Jesus.. PAPA is too big to wash anyone's feet.. how can He, a whole PAPA, wash feet? If you're looking for BIG MAN to wash your feet, go register for massage center o...

WINNERS, living FAITH, GOD BLESS PAPA AS I BLESS HIM... may I be like my Papa.....
Re: Where Does Bishop Oyedepo Get The Cash To Build All His PRIVATE ESTABLISHMENTS?? by goodman3(m): 9:20pm On May 08, 2012
Muskeeto na wa 4 u ooo....are u naw saying that 'PAPA' is bigger than JESUS........that man has succeded in making most of his followers to idolize him ....i swear!.....u pple na reagrd him more than GOD sef!.......since u talk say u wan be MUGU for them.....carry on!.....as for me ooo. I worship GOD and i dnt even feel bad whenver i dnt go to church cos they are scammers....segregating the rich from the poor.
Mods am begging u ooo.....PUT THIS TOPIC ON FRONT PAGE!

1 Like

Re: Where Does Bishop Oyedepo Get The Cash To Build All His PRIVATE ESTABLISHMENTS?? by kelz88(f): 9:27pm On May 08, 2012
He was being sarcastic lol.
Re: Where Does Bishop Oyedepo Get The Cash To Build All His PRIVATE ESTABLISHMENTS?? by Nobody: 10:31am On May 09, 2012
grin
Re: Where Does Bishop Oyedepo Get The Cash To Build All His PRIVATE ESTABLISHMENTS?? by Jakumo(m): 11:06am On May 09, 2012
Pastor O'yeah collects his cash money DIRECTLY from Papa God, and you'd better believe that right now. Thank you Lord !

This option is open ONLY to those who own NEW Gulfstream corporate jets that are capable of making the flight to heaven on a single tank of gas.

Also, selected young, single and sexy women from Pastor O'Yeah's congregation are allowed to join the Mile High Club as a reward for their cooperation , aboard luxury jets from the Holy Fleet, after the usual Laying on of Hands, Anointing of the Golden Globes, and Speaking in Tongues have all been observed by none other than Pastor O'Yeah himself.

Wave your hands in the air, like you just don't care, for Jeeesus, y'all. Oooooooh yeah. I can FEEL that Holy Spirit up in here !

1 Like

Re: Where Does Bishop Oyedepo Get The Cash To Build All His PRIVATE ESTABLISHMENTS?? by goodman3(m): 11:51am On May 09, 2012
CHAiii!!!!!.......see as the man dey chill for private jet...**balling**!!
All the jets,universities,lands, mansions,megachurches, buildings, cars,estate were all bought in HIS NAME!!!!.......and not the congregations name (even though thats were the money comes from).......and the members of O'yeah's congreagation will start to blab their mouth up nd down that he doesnt touch the church's money.......bunch of senseless goats........be driving that tokunbo car while mr pastor is chilling in private jet........keep investing in the school projects that ur children will never benefit from!......mtchewwww
Re: Where Does Bishop Oyedepo Get The Cash To Build All His PRIVATE ESTABLISHMENTS?? by richjohn1(m): 7:33pm On May 09, 2012
Jeffbaba
no blame dat guy o, because the guy no force anybody to drop, just leave d guy o pls pls & pls if d moronz cant reason, let dem continue being sheepish. Me even envy am cos na successful biz man.
BTW why d tin dey pepper u for body grin
Re: Where Does Bishop Oyedepo Get The Cash To Build All His PRIVATE ESTABLISHMENTS?? by Lugap: 9:10pm On May 09, 2012
Tithe payment is not a command under the NEW COVENANT. offerings given under the new covenant are meant to be used for catering for the POOR in the church. That was hw the first century church operated. Can u Imagine Peter n John in the book of acts saying " Siver n gold have we not". Those who still give their money to so called MOG's to build their private empires do not know the Bible. They shld go back n study it carefully.
Re: Where Does Bishop Oyedepo Get The Cash To Build All His PRIVATE ESTABLISHMENTS?? by goodman3(m): 9:20pm On May 09, 2012
@richjohn.....lol....i agree that the man is a pure BUSINESSMAN(good for him).....but the thing wey dey pain me na the way the members of the church dey alwayz idolize and defend the man when it is soooo obvious that he has derailed from what a man of GOD should be like........anywayz sha, let the fools keep being fools and let the smarter ones live a better life. #deuces.
Re: Where Does Bishop Oyedepo Get The Cash To Build All His PRIVATE ESTABLISHMENTS?? by winnteam(m): 11:02pm On May 09, 2012
Instead of spending time dwelling on Bishop Oyedepo's matter,
why not go out there and try achieving something.

The man is moving forward and getting bigger while those writing all they can about him cannot catch him.

If he dies today, he can never be forgotten.

You guys should remember that there are lots of rich Nigerians who do not care about anything else apart from themselves.

Is there any crime in building schools.

No body talked when Danjuma said he made over $500,000,000 profit from sales of an oil block (our collective wealth) that he was "given" and did not know what to do with the money.

Did he build any school? Did he even think of setting up at least a soup kitchen in his village for people to eat free meals?
Re: Where Does Bishop Oyedepo Get The Cash To Build All His PRIVATE ESTABLISHMENTS?? by Nobody: 1:53am On May 10, 2012
Even drug dealers help thier communities. It's called the 'comeback'..
Re: Where Does Bishop Oyedepo Get The Cash To Build All His PRIVATE ESTABLISHMENTS?? by PastorKun(m): 7:45am On May 10, 2012
winnteam: Instead of spending time dwelling on Bishop Oyedepo's matter,
No body talked when Danjuma said he made over $500,000,000 profit from sales of an oil block (our collective wealth) that he was "given" and did not know what to do with the money.

Did he build any school? Did he even think of setting up at least a soup kitchen in his village for people to eat free meals?

Yes he[Danjuma] donated over a Hundred million dollars to charity and he is providing scholarships for hundreds of youth in his loacal govt area. This is a lot more than Oyedepo as done with church money he keeps diverting to personal use and his numerous businesses.
Re: Where Does Bishop Oyedepo Get The Cash To Build All His PRIVATE ESTABLISHMENTS?? by BERNIMOORE: 10:23pm On May 10, 2012
is your pastor or General overseer more important to you or bigger than God or jesus to you that you can command jesus anyhow like your houseboy but call oyedepo DADDY and cannot commant him?, then something is wrong somewhere,check yourself now.when a pastor or bishop is self acclaimed,[size=14pt]see the requirement of the bishop/pastor,if oyedepo is worthy,from the bible pls[/size];(self acclaimed) General overseers,;

1 Timothy 3 :1-13;
New King James Version (NKJV)
Qualifications of Overseers

3 This is a faithful saying:[size=14pt] If a man desires the position of a bishop[/size],[a] he desires a good work. 2[size=16pt] A bishop then must be blameless,[/size] the husband of one wife, temperate, sober-minded, of good behavior, hospitable, able to teach; 3 not given to wine, not violent,[size=16pt] not greedy for money,[/size][b] but gentle, not quarrelsome,[size=16pt] not covetous;[/size] 4 one who rules his own house well, having his children in submission with all reverence 5 (for if a man does not know how to rule his own house, how will he take care of the church of God?); 6 not a novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil.[size=16pt] 7 Moreover he must have a good testimony among those who are outside, lest he fall into reproach [/size]and the snare of the devil.

Qualifications of Deacons

8 Likewise deacons must be reverent, not double-tongued, not given to much wine, [size=16pt]not greedy for money[/size], 9 holding the mystery of the faith with a pure conscience. 10 But let these also first be tested; then let them serve as deacons,[size=16pt] being found blameless.[/size] 11 Likewise, their wives must be reverent, not slanderers, temperate, faithful in all things. 12 Let deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well. 13 For those who have served well as deacons obtain for themselves a good standing and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.
Re: Where Does Bishop Oyedepo Get The Cash To Build All His PRIVATE ESTABLISHMENTS?? by goodman3(m): 10:30pm On May 10, 2012
Am glad there are still sane pple out there who can see that this man has derailed so much from the gospel......his members almost worship him; calling him PAPA, DADDY as if they dnt knw dat their father is GOD IN HEAVEN........they even fear the man more than GOD sef.......a winner member can call the name of JESUS anyhow but will be so scared to call that of PAPA anyhow because they are scared that they will be smitten .........rubbish......
Re: Where Does Bishop Oyedepo Get The Cash To Build All His PRIVATE ESTABLISHMENTS?? by ijawkid(m): 11:11pm On May 10, 2012
But na true ona dey talk o....

Many call Jesus straight by his name...
We even call almighty God Yahweh by his name...

But this mere dust(humans) are called by d titles DADDY or PAPA even after Jesus said we shouldn't call any1 by that name under a religious context....

Can church goers just wake up and start calling that mortal man brother oyedepo?

Because we all are brothers...
Re: Where Does Bishop Oyedepo Get The Cash To Build All His PRIVATE ESTABLISHMENTS?? by Enigma(m): 11:44pm On May 10, 2012
@Bernimoore

With the background of slapping "witches for Jesus" etc, I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to also highlight two more things from the scriptures you quoted:

[size=14pt]- temperate

- not violent[/size]

cool
Re: Where Does Bishop Oyedepo Get The Cash To Build All His PRIVATE ESTABLISHMENTS?? by Nobody: 3:30am On May 11, 2012
Re: Where Does Bishop Oyedepo Get The Cash To Build All His PRIVATE ESTABLISHMENTS?? by Goshen360(m): 3:47am On May 11, 2012
grin grin grin Well done you hear,lolz. I never slept o. I dey here dey do watchman grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Clergy Project: Godless Pastors / 20 Characteristics Of The Spiritual Man / Is God Wicked For Doing This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.