Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,723 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

D - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / D (6053 Views)

Dates For Easter In The Past And Coming 20 Years / D / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D by Seun(m): 11:04am On Dec 29, 2016
naijadeyhia:
You are yet to truthfully say why you are an atheist and that is if you are indeed an atheist. You are more of an anti Theist...Your life is full of hate for anything theist.

You are becoming a sicko
I am anti-religion, but I don't hate religion or God. I only get angry about things like "witch" burning. If you criticize religion in a serious way, people say you are angry. But if you go against religion in a jovial way, people accuse you of mocking their beliefs. You just can't win. I don't go about calling Christians nasty names Just because I disagree with them. Yet you're doing just that, which makes you the angry and hateful one.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: D by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:25am On Dec 29, 2016
Seun:

I am anti-religion,.

This is bigotry , blatant bigotry .

The same way your communist mentors were anti-religious and deprived people of freedom of right to practice the religion of their choice . They killed the contumacious ones .

Anti-religion births belligerence towards religious people and instigates hate and malevolence .

Please bro , be careful of what you say in public

I've got fastidious eyes and

a good memory wink

1 Like

Re: D by Seun(m): 11:53am On Dec 29, 2016
I am against religion because I think it is based on false beliefs, which are harmful if acted upon. I am also anti-communist and anti-fascist.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: D by AfroSamurai: 12:45pm On Dec 29, 2016
Seun:
I am against religion because I think it is based on false beliefs, which are harmful if acted upon. I am also anti-communist and anti-fascist.

And what do you believe in, if I may ask?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: D by Seun(m): 1:06pm On Dec 29, 2016
AfroSamurai:
And what do you believe in, if I may ask?
I believe in enjoying my life and helping others to enjoy their lives too. To enjoy life is to have a pleasant, meaningful, & successful life imho.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: D by Lezzlie(m): 1:14pm On Dec 29, 2016
Seun:

A man without a selfless belief system, who forms his own values and moral ethics, who writes his own code of conduct is not only godless and self-righteous, he is abundantly dangerous by all measure.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: D by AfroSamurai: 3:19pm On Dec 29, 2016
Seun:
I believe in enjoying my life and helping others to enjoy their lives too. To enjoy life is to have a pleasant, meaningful, & successful life imho.
Pleasant, meaningful and successful life. You make it sound like life is one big bag of fun. Would have asked you how you help others enjoy life, but hey, knowing you're an introvert and you're in love with your privacy, I'll resist the urge.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: D by hopefulLandlord: 3:26pm On Dec 29, 2016
Lezzlie:
A man without a selfless belief system, who forms his own values and moral ethics, who writes his own code of conduct is not only godless and self-righteous, he is abundantly dangerous by all measure.

Really? I guess by "God" you mean Yahweh

the same god that killed all Egyptian firstborn sons in order to free Israelites from slavery and then quickly gave Israelites instructions on how to make their own slaves?

the same god that said "Thou Shalt not kill" but spent the majority of the remaining part of the book commanding murder, executions, Genocides?

the same god that condemned formication and adultery but forgot to address Paedophilia?

the same god that abolished eating of Shellfish and approved slavery?

Christians can only be moral by rejecting some of the teaching of their Gods.

The Christian God approved of slavery, but by outlawing slavery, many Christians have rejected their Gods' endorsement of slavery, and thus become more moral.

The Christian Gods approved of torturing and executing people for heresy, but by outlawing punishment of heresy, many Christians have rejected one of their God's many endorsement of murder, and thus become more moral.

The Christian Gods approved of selling female children as sex slaves, but by the treatment of children as fungible property, even if the children are cursed with two X chromosomes, many Christians have rejected their Gods' endorsement of treating children as property, and thus become more moral.

Obviously, the list of Christian immorality required by their Gods is one that could go on for pages, but many Christians have rejected their God's requirements for immorality, and thus become more moral.

Atheists do not have to overcome the same immoral dogma.

And then there is this one that I hear Christians say a lot: atheists have morals because they live in a predominantly Christian culture. Apparently it is catching.

My response to that one is that I have morals despite growing up in a Christian besotted environment.

1 Like

Re: D by Gift101(m): 3:55pm On Dec 29, 2016
Seun:

Bro give me reasonable reasons why you don't believe in the bible
Re: D by Lezzlie(m): 4:01pm On Dec 29, 2016
[s]
hopefulLandlord:

Really? I guess by "God" you mean Yahweh

the same god that killed all Egyptian firstborn sons in order to free Israelites from slavery and then quickly gave Israelites instructions on how to make their own slaves?

the same god that said "Thou Shalt not kill" but spent the majority of the remaining part of the book commanding murder, executions, Genocides?

the same god that condemned formication and adultery but forgot to address Paedophilia?

the same god that abolished eating of Shellfish and approved slavery?

Christians can only be moral by rejecting some of the teaching of their Gods.

The Christian God approved of slavery, but by outlawing slavery, many Christians have rejected their Gods' endorsement of slavery, and thus become more moral.

The Christian Gods approved of torturing and executing people for heresy, but by outlawing punishment of heresy, many Christians have rejected one of their God's many endorsement of murder, and thus become more moral.

The Christian Gods approved of selling female children as sex slaves, but by the treatment of children as fungible property, even if the children are cursed with two X chromosomes, many Christians have rejected their Gods' endorsement of treating children as property, and thus become more moral.

Obviously, the list of Christian immorality required by their Gods is one that could go on for pages, but many Christians have rejected their God's requirements for immorality, and thus become more moral.

Atheists do not have to overcome the same immoral dogma.

And then there is this one that I hear Christians say a lot: atheists have morals because they live in a predominantly Christian culture. Apparently it is catching.

My response to that one is that I have morals despite growing up in a Christian besotted environment.
[/s]

Slow down, you're so much in a hurry to show your little misotheilistic theories still in the works.

When your adrenaline rush has slowed, then read my post again and see your long post is somewhat uncorrelated. I didn't even mention God to begin with.

And don't point "godless" to me as it is not Godless.

You guys are just in a hurry to prove your lack of responsibility with wack theories.

3 Likes

Re: D by Edipee(m): 4:39pm On Dec 29, 2016
Lezzlie:
I love this. Permit me to share on Facebook.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: D by Lezzlie(m): 4:41pm On Dec 29, 2016
Edipee:
I love this. Permit me to share on Facebook.
By all means, brother! And thank you immensely.

1 Like

Re: D by ogaemeka(m): 2:07am On Dec 30, 2016
----(-1)------0------(1)-----

-1= Satan, death and other non-existent things

0= God, Purest Spirit, absolute Nothingness, beyond imagination, time and space

1= Christ, manifestation, infinite time and space, eternal life and happiness

The destruction of Satan is the elimination of those negative concepts, first in the mind through the light of Christ, and in reality. He that believeth shall never be disappointed, for Christ is the end of the law for righteouness to everyone that believeth, therefore we do not abolish the law through faith, on the contrary, we establish the fact that the law is fulfilled in Christ and by Christ, the only foundation which is acceptable before God.

Behold, I lay a stumbling stone in Zion and a rock of offence, but whosoever believeth in Him shall never die, for as many as rely on His sacrifice, grace and free gift are the sons of God.

The Jews (religious and self righteous) want to see a miracle, and the greeks (atheists) want logical explanation, but we preach that whosoever believes that Christ paid for all his sins shall be declared righteous by God, irrespective of any other consideration, and sin and death will no longer have punitive power over him, for the strength of death is sin, and the strenght of sin is the law of commandements and rules which no man can ever obey, because to disobey one is to disobey all, and without perfection godliness is futile. Only Christ could obey all, which he did by his full divine nature, and in his mercy paid the penalty, and rose again by the power of his divine nature, to examplify the victory over sin and death that will be inherited by those who believe in him.

This gift of righteouness and eternal life is so free that it will not cost you your lifestyle or anything else apart from faith in the sacrifice and finished work of Christ. Those who preach another gospel are blind, ignorant and workers of iniquity, whose hearts are covered with darkness and hence unable to comprehend the immeasurable grace and love of God. They are the self-righteous who preach everlasting suffering for sinners, of whom they are chief. God is love, and I am fully convinced of his everlasting mercy even upon those who wish or think the worst for others.

However, everyone will not receive the same reward in the world to come, and in many cases the first shall be the last. Not a bad thing though to be last in the Kingdom of God. Ask Satan, oh, I almost forgot, he is just a fading shadow!

Freely have I received from the Father, freely I give to whosoever believeth. It is more blessed to give than to receive, therefore I am blessed more abundantly, as will be those who spread the good news of God's love in a world about to be overtaken by darkness before the dawn of the new creation of God.

Jesus Christ is Lord!
Re: D by gabazin080(m): 11:31am On Dec 30, 2016
Seun:
i want you to sincerely answer this question. going by your name oluwaseun, i guess you were brought up in a christian home. when did you become an athiest and what makes you become an athiest?
Re: D by Image123(m): 3:13pm On Dec 30, 2016
Lennycool:
There are a lot of posts on nairaland set up by theist to somehow paint atheism as evil, forgetting the fact that atheism is just unbelief, they post long lists of communist atheist leaders in some vain attempt to cast all atheist as inherently evil. But this tactics is wrong and insincere, I bet I could post a list of murderous religious/christian leaders if I wanted to, and I can assure you it would be much longer than the atheist list. You cannot attribute the actions of some communist leaders to atheist today. Absolute power corrupts absolutely and those leaders were corrupted by the power they held.
With that in mind here is a list of some atheist leaders both past and present, that proves that atheism itself wasn't the driving force behind the murderous tendencies of those leaders.

Julia Gillard, former prime minister of Australia (2010-2013)

Alexis Tsipras, prime minister of Greece

Zoran Milanovic, prime minister of Croatia

Francois Hollande, president of France

John Key, prime minister of New Zealand

Elio di Rupo, former Prime Minister of Belgium (2011-2014)

Milos Zeman, president of the Czech Republic

Bill Hayden(1933–):Governor-General of Australia(1989–1996)

Julia Gillard(1961–):Prime Minister of Australia(2010–2013)

Thorvald Stauning(1873–1943): Prime minister of Denmark 1924–1926 and 1929–1942

Vilhelm Buhl: Prime minister of Denmark May–November 1942 and May–November 1945.

H. C. Hansen: Prime minister of Denmark 1955–1960

Jens Otto Krag: Prime minister of Denmark 1962–1968 and1971–1972

Giorgio Napolitano(1925–): Politician, 11th President of Italy

Sandro Pertini(1896–1990): Politician, 7th President of Italy

Ion Iliescu(1930–): President of Romania from 1990 until 1996, and from 2000 until 2004

Giuseppe Saragat(1898–1988): Politician, 5th President of Italy.

Olof Palme (1927–1986): Politician. He was a two-term Prime Minister of Sweden, heading a Privy Council Government from 1969 to 1976 and a cabinet government from 1982 until his death

Santiago Casares Quiroga(1884–1950): Politician, Prime Minister of Spain from May 13 to July 19, 1936.

James Callaghan KG,PC(1912–2005): British politician, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1976 to 1979 and the only person to have served in all four of the Great Offices of State

Dimitris Christofias(1946–):Greek Cypriotpolitician, President ofCyprus2008–2013

Zoran Milanović(1966–): Prime Minister of Croatia

Vilhelm Buhl: Prime minister of Denmark May–November 1942 and May–November 1945.

Hans Hedtoft: Prime minister of Denmark 1947–1950 and 1953–55.

Santiago Casares Quiroga(1884–1950): Politician, Prime Minister of Spain from May 13 to July 19, 1936.

Dimitris Christofias(1946–):Greek Cypriotpolitician, President of Cyprus 2008–2013

RaphieMontella , Weah96 , SirWere , sonofluc1fer , Stephendamsoho , EyeHateGod , FearGodAndLive Kevoh , Johnnydon22 , Akintom , Hardmirror , GRIMMJOE , CoolUsername , 1990news , JSoE , Etesam , Audray , Edenoscar , DeSepiero , charix , GoodMuyis , jonbellion , menxer seun hopefulLanlord coldhardtruth itZQuinn winner01 , kingebukasblog , Richirich713, hahn
scholar8200 , malvisguy212 , Muafrika2
Dejideji1 , truthman2012, Image123 ,
InesQor, Joshthefirst MrPresident1, gatiano
sukkot, OLAADEGBU , vooks, UyiIredia
Jeromejnr, goodmuyis Gombs. Joeagbaje
Jcross KingEbukasBlog Scholar
analice107 anas09 4everGod

It is not about your professed religion. The atheism principles themselves show us that such ideologies have no regard or purpose for life. An atheist has no reason to be alive or even die, it's a limbo. They have no moral compass or reason and can be crazy at any time T. Ask other atheists on the platform, they see nothing wrong with killing people if they had the powers.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: D by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:01am On Dec 31, 2016
Lennycool:

There are a lot of posts on nairaland set up by theist to somehow paint atheism as evil, forgetting the fact that atheism is just unbelief, they post long lists of communist atheist leaders in some vain attempt to cast all atheist as inherently evil. But this tactics is wrong and insincere, I bet I could post a list of murderous religious/christian leaders if I wanted to, and I can assure you it would be much longer than the atheist list. You cannot attribute the actions of some communist leaders to atheist today. Absolute power corrupts absolutely and those leaders were corrupted by the power they held.
With that in mind here is a list of some atheist leaders both past and present, that proves that atheism itself wasn't the driving force behind the murderous tendencies of those leaders.

Zoran Milanovic, prime minister of Croatia

Francois Hollande, president of France

H. C. Hansen: Prime minister of Denmark 1955–1960

Ion Iliescu(1930–): President of Romania from 1990 until 1996, and from 2000 until 2004

Olof Palme (1927–1986): Politician. He was a two-term Prime Minister of Sweden, heading a Privy Council Government from 1969 to 1976 and a cabinet government from 1982 until his death

James Callaghan KG,PC(1912–2005): British politician, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1976 to 1979 and the only person to have served in all four of the Great Offices of State

Dimitris Christofias(1946–):Greek Cypriotpolitician, President ofCyprus2008–2013

Hans Hedtoft: Prime minister of Denmark 1947–1950 and 1953–55.

Dimitris Christofias(1946–):Greek Cypriotpolitician, President of Cyprus 2008–2013

RaphieMontella , Weah96 , SirWere , sonofluc1fer , Stephendamsoho , EyeHateGod , FearGodAndLive Kevoh , Johnnydon22 , Akintom , Hardmirror , GRIMMJOE , CoolUsername , 1990news , JSoE , Etesam , Audray , Edenoscar , DeSepiero , charix , GoodMuyis , jonbellion , menxer seun hopefulLanlord coldhardtruth itZQuinn winner01 , kingebukasblog , Richirich713, hahn
scholar8200 , malvisguy212 , Muafrika2
Dejideji1 , truthman2012, Image123 ,
InesQor, Joshthefirst MrPresident1, gatiano
sukkot, OLAADEGBU , vooks, UyiIredia
Jeromejnr, goodmuyis Gombs. Joeagbaje
Jcross KingEbukasBlog Scholar
analice107 anas09 4everGod

The atheists dilemma presents itself again. First off, your list is deceptive as you posted a duplication of those atheist leaders and sometime triplicate. The moment you believe something is evil then you contradict the very principle you are basing your atheism on. If there is evil then you are admitting that there is good. Evil has a source likewise good. If you believe there is good then you believe in the law of morality and if you believe in the law of morality then you must believe in the absolute giver of the moral law who you deny because of the love of your sinful lifestyle. Is that not the dilemma you atheists are battling with?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: D by Nobody: 1:23am On Dec 31, 2016
Re: D by hopefulLandlord: 1:37am On Dec 31, 2016
Image123:

It is not about your professed religion. The atheism principles themselves show us that such ideologies have no regard or purpose for life. An atheist has no reason to be alive or even die, it's a limbo. They have no moral compass or reason and can be crazy at any time T. Ask other atheists on the platform, they see nothing wrong with killing people if they had the powers.

this is nonsense

1 Like

Re: D by Nobody: 2:46am On Jan 02, 2017
Image123:

This is just funny.
You that believes God was right in killing millions, is lecturing me on morality.
You would first have to abandon your biblical heroes, because they were down right evil.
Re: D by Nobody: 2:52am On Jan 02, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

The atheists dilemma presents itself again. First off, your list is deceptive as you posted a duplication of those atheist leaders and sometime triplicate. The moment you believe something is evil then you contradict the very principle you are basing your atheism on. If there is evil then you are admitting that there is good. Evil has a source likewise good. If you believe there is good then you believe in the law of morality and if you believe in the law of morality then you must believe in the absolute giver of the moral law who you deny because of the love of your sinful lifestyle. Is that not the dilemma you atheists are battling with?
I tried to correct the repetitions but I guess some slipped through.
The bible condones genocide slavery and misogyny, we definitely do not get our morality from it or slavery would still be legal.
Morality is not gotten from God, humans create and modify it.
Re: D by Image123(m): 9:01am On Jan 09, 2017
Lennycool:

This is just funny.
You that believes God was right in killing millions, is lecturing me on morality.
You would first have to abandon your biblical heroes, because they were down right evil.

Urrmmmmm, are you God? Do you have claims on the lives you'd kill if you had the powers? What is morality?
Re: D by BestOnlineDeals(m): 6:56pm On Jan 27, 2017
Lennycool:

Great idea by the way.
The home page needs a little more work in terms of categorizing items.
Right now it just shows random products.

The items displayed on home page take up too much space on mobile, maybe its fine on desktop.

The news letter stuff was also a great idea.
That's all I think a few tips would be

Advertising on Facebook, its really awesome.
Plus you should study sites like amazon and other big websites that deals on stuff like this, they'll really show you how to categories.

Nice idea once again.
Keep up the good work

Thanks bro wink

1 Like

Re: D by BestOnlineDeals(m): 12:48pm On Jan 28, 2017
Lennycool:

Great idea by the way.
The home page needs a little more work in terms of categorizing items.
Right now it just shows random products.

The items displayed on home page take up too much space on mobile, maybe its fine on desktop.

The news letter stuff was also a great idea.
That's all I think a few tips would be

Advertising on Facebook, its really awesome.
Plus you should study sites like amazon and other big websites that deals on stuff like this, they'll really show you how to categories.

Nice idea once again.
Keep up the good work

Sup. Check the site again and tell me what you think now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Roman Catholic Church The Babylon In Bible Prophecy. +the Pope Is The Beast / The Reality Behind 5G Network: Could This Be End Of The World? Read Carefully. / Popular Reverend Converts To Islam In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.