Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,923 members, 7,821,237 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

How Do I Befriend Nigerian Women? They're Always Scowling! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Do I Befriend Nigerian Women? They're Always Scowling! (1136 Views)

THROWBACK PICTURE: Nigerian Women Being Taught How To Wash Clothes In 1915 / Beauty Of Middlebelt Nigerian Women / The Beauty Of Northern Nigerian Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Befriend Nigerian Women? They're Always Scowling! by newakata(f): 6:03am On Nov 18, 2009
As I drive and walk thru the tsreets of Lagos, I see that the women scowl and fown alll the time. even inside the stores, where its air conditioned, the restaurants - everywhere! why?!

How can I meet people, become friends when Nigerian women are always frowning and sending a unspoken message of utter boredom and snobbery all the time?

I am in Lagos for a while- so I am concerned. Its can't bet he heat- cuase the men don't look pissed off all the time- some do- but I see a much wider array of expressions from them in general.

What's the deal? Is this proper etiquette or what?
Re: How Do I Befriend Nigerian Women? They're Always Scowling! by yeswecan(m): 9:52am On Nov 18, 2009
Electricity is the problem my dear.
Re: How Do I Befriend Nigerian Women? They're Always Scowling! by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 18, 2009
A cheating Nigerian guy is enough to make any woman scowl! cheesy
Re: How Do I Befriend Nigerian Women? They're Always Scowling! by SisiKill1: 3:19pm On Nov 18, 2009
Rotflmao! I know what you mean.

I once asked this cashier at a store if we knew each other and i offended her coz the level of scowling and attitude coming from her should only be directed at someone who stole your husband, burnt your house down and then killed your only child.
Re: How Do I Befriend Nigerian Women? They're Always Scowling! by newakata(f): 6:56pm On Nov 18, 2009
LOL! @ Sisi

@Sienna: that implies that very last Nigerian man in this city and abroad is a cheat. C'mon. I guess all the scowling women are quiet today. Surely somebody here knows somebodu else who frowns ALL the time. What's the reason its in such mass numbers about naija women?

Naija men, do you all find this attractive? Is that why they do it? because You like frowning koko? be easy, I'm just trying to crack a smile on some faces. It doesn't hurt. really, smiling makes you look more youthful and less aged.
Re: How Do I Befriend Nigerian Women? They're Always Scowling! by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 18, 2009
newakata:

LOL! @ Sisi

@Sienna: that implies that very last Nigerian man in this city and abroad is a cheat. C'mon. I guess all the scowling women are quiet today. Surely somebody here knows somebodu else who frowns ALL the time. What's the reason its in such mass numbers about naija women?

It was meant in light humour, Newakata. Of course not all Nigerian men are cheats. smiley
Re: How Do I Befriend Nigerian Women? They're Always Scowling! by echobee(f): 9:38am On Nov 19, 2009
cheating, unfaithful guys, as made most of Nigerian ladies to scowl. sorry my dear.
Re: How Do I Befriend Nigerian Women? They're Always Scowling! by Dikeledi(f): 12:36am On Dec 07, 2009
LOL! This is actually not a Nigerian issue. American men say the same about American women.  Not every woman scowls, but those who do have variable reasons for doing so. It could be the pressures of the day, it might be a defense mechanism, a way of saying, "Dont bother me,"could be anything. But, if you want to befriend a woman, just be friendly and present yourself in a non-threatening way (not suggesting you do not).
Re: How Do I Befriend Nigerian Women? They're Always Scowling! by Dede1(m): 1:52pm On Oct 17, 2012
@ newakata and Sis_kill

You probably resembled the predators that snatched away the boyfriends or husbands of the scrawling Nigerian ladies. The effects of being left without a loving boyfriend or husband are very contagious and can breed paranoia.
Re: How Do I Befriend Nigerian Women? They're Always Scowling! by tpia5: 2:54pm On Oct 17, 2012
so, the women scowl but the men display their 32 teeth.

you see what you want to see. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Biafra Exposed AGAIN On Facebook: Abobaku Image Is Bondi Man From Ethiopia / Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Acquires New 132M Rolls Royce For Sallah (photo) / Ooni Of Ife Is A Drug Baron, Monarch Petitions Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.