Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,949 members, 7,952,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:35 AM

Please How Do I Start( Only Genuine People, No Fraudstars) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Please How Do I Start( Only Genuine People, No Fraudstars) (1149 Views)

Help!, How Do I Start Home Vegetable Garden? / Which Farming Business Can I Start With The Sum Of 50k / Which Agric Business Can I Start With 300k Capital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Do I Start( Only Genuine People, No Fraudstars) by womanofsteel: 8:56pm On Dec 23, 2016
I am a graduate but due to lack of jobs, i have made up my mind to start the sale of agro produce such as maize seed, soybeans, garri, millet, guinea corn, palm oil, rice and crayfish. The problem is, i don't have a single idea of the biz in terms of gain, loss, where and when to buy, the start up capital involved and who to buy from. I reside in lagos, ojo LG to be precise please genuine persons should see me through.
Re: Please How Do I Start( Only Genuine People, No Fraudstars) by danwa25(m): 9:54am On Dec 24, 2016
Do you want to be selling at whole scale or retail?
Re: Please How Do I Start( Only Genuine People, No Fraudstars) by womanofsteel: 10:48am On Dec 24, 2016
Retail. Thanks for your response
Re: Please How Do I Start( Only Genuine People, No Fraudstars) by alakara(m): 12:52pm On Dec 24, 2016
selling garri in Lagos is by using paint container small one. you van research places where u can buy the garri cheaply and sell in Lagos. places like Oyo ,Ogun osun etc.
Re: Please How Do I Start( Only Genuine People, No Fraudstars) by womanofsteel: 1:05pm On Dec 24, 2016
Okay thank you
Re: Please How Do I Start( Only Genuine People, No Fraudstars) by bayoadeyanju: 2:01pm On Dec 24, 2016
If you need to buy garri in large quantities and at a cheaper rate please mail me bayoadeyanju@yahoo.com Maybe we can do business. Thank you.
Re: Please How Do I Start( Only Genuine People, No Fraudstars) by pweetydior(f): 2:11pm On Dec 24, 2016
ijebu garri is available in large quantity at cheap n affordable price, u can email me @ blessingoluwatosin67@gmail.com
Re: Please How Do I Start( Only Genuine People, No Fraudstars) by dynamix101(m): 2:55pm On Dec 24, 2016
womanofsteel:
I am a graduate but due to lack of jobs, i have made up my mind to start the sale of agro produce such as maize seed, soybeans, garri, millet, guinea corn, palm oil, rice and crayfish. The problem is, i don't have a single idea of the biz in terms of gain, loss, where and when to buy, the start up capital involved and who to buy from. I reside in lagos, ojo LG to be precise please genuine persons should see me through.

Firstly determine what the selling price is in ur area for all the listed foods. What are the different measurements used? How are they bagged? How many cups or buckets of what is in a bag? How is sales ie turnover like? How can they be stored to last long? Look for pple in ur area that are into the business and take time out to ask questions cos thats the best way to know the business. They are physically and practically trading not consulting from their bedroom on how to make money selling anytin.
Then look out for the suppliers who sell to the retailers in ur area. When they come to make supplies, walk up to them and strike ur bargain bearing in mind what ur margin will be like. With time and as u make money, you can travel up north to source for your products.
And NEVER EVER give anyone money to source for you or buy on ur behalf. You pay for goods that u are touching and seeing live and physically, not one picture they snapped God-knows-where.Trading and sourcing is not for lazy pple who sit in their houses and expect others to work for them while they will eat.

2 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Start( Only Genuine People, No Fraudstars) by womanofsteel: 3:06pm On Dec 24, 2016
Thank you so much dynamic. I appreciate your advice.

Firstly determine what the selling price is in ur area for all the listed foods. What are the different measurements used? How are they bagged? How many cups or buckets of what is in a bag? How is sales ie turnover like? How can they be stored to last long? Look for pple in ur area that are into the business and take time out to ask questions cos thats the best way to know the business. They are physically and practically trading not consulting from their bedroom on how to make money selling anytin.
Then look out for the suppliers who sell to the retailers in ur area. When they come to make supplies, walk up to them and strike ur bargain bearing in mind what ur margin will be like. With time and as u make money, you can travel up north to source for your products.
And NEVER EVER give anyone money to source for you or buy on ur behalf. You pay for goods that u are touching and seeing live and physically, not one picture they snapped God-knows-where.Trading and sourcing is not for lazy pple who sit in their houses and expect others to work for them while they will eat. [/quote]
Re: Please How Do I Start( Only Genuine People, No Fraudstars) by uwem18: 6:38pm On Dec 24, 2016
womanofsteel:

I can lead you by hand to locations where you can get constant supply of garri and maize here in Ijebu igbo

Contact me on 07030939487
Re: Please How Do I Start( Only Genuine People, No Fraudstars) by lalaray: 7:46pm On Dec 24, 2016
Guy u have to decide what you really want to do. Pray n plan n know what you really want. Agric is very broad.
Re: Please How Do I Start( Only Genuine People, No Fraudstars) by uwem18: 8:03pm On Dec 24, 2016
lalaray:
Guy u have to decide what you really want to do. Pray n plan n know what you really want. Agric is very broad.
what concern prayer with this. she has stated what she wants while not advice her on what she can do.
Re: Please How Do I Start( Only Genuine People, No Fraudstars) by agarawu23(m): 5:14am On Dec 25, 2016
uwem18:
what concern prayer with this. she has stated what she wants while not advice her on what she can do.
religion don turn we Nigerians to mumu grin
Re: Please How Do I Start( Only Genuine People, No Fraudstars) by agarawu23(m): 5:15am On Dec 25, 2016
womanofsteel:

Madam, do u live in Lagos?
Re: Please How Do I Start( Only Genuine People, No Fraudstars) by dynamix101(m): 7:28am On Dec 25, 2016
agarawu23:

Madam, do u live in Lagos?
are u for real??
Re: Please How Do I Start( Only Genuine People, No Fraudstars) by maishai: 10:11am On Dec 25, 2016
womanofsteel:
What you need my friend is an apprenticeship in any of the listed commodities for atleast 18months to understand the trade secrets
Re: Please How Do I Start( Only Genuine People, No Fraudstars) by agarawu23(m): 12:06pm On Dec 25, 2016
dynamix101:

are u for real??
contact me on my profile.

Womanofsteel lives close to my location in Lagos, u can contact me on 08180 257828. Don't contact me to waste my time, I ain't in for jokes and stories.
Re: Please How Do I Start( Only Genuine People, No Fraudstars) by dynamix101(m): 1:27pm On Dec 25, 2016
agarawu23:
contact me on my profile.

Womanofsteel lives close to my location in Lagos, u can contact me on 08180 257828. Don't contact me to waste my time, I ain't in for jokes and stories.
It was a rhetorical question angry. If she does live by u, wat kinda question was dat? See famzing undecided
Abeg keep ur number to urself; what do i need it for? Abi u dey share sth??
Re: Please How Do I Start( Only Genuine People, No Fraudstars) by dynamix101(m): 1:29pm On Dec 25, 2016
maishai:

What you need my friend is an apprenticeship in any of the listed commodities for atleast 18months to understand the trade secrets
Hmmmmm....... Na masters degree?
Re: Please How Do I Start( Only Genuine People, No Fraudstars) by maishai: 6:45pm On Dec 25, 2016
dynamix101:

Hmmmmm....... Na masters degree?
If she doesn't wanna waste her money and time let her jejely find someone that trades in what she is interested in and learn the trade........Whatever you see traded big time in the cities is not child's play especially when you hear what traders have to go through to make profit
Re: Please How Do I Start( Only Genuine People, No Fraudstars) by uwem18: 7:07pm On Dec 25, 2016
agarawu23:
religion don turn we Nigerians to mumu grin

What we should do we will not do it, we will be waiting for God.

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Start( Only Genuine People, No Fraudstars) by dynamix101(m): 7:24pm On Dec 25, 2016
maishai:
If she doesn't wanna waste her money and time let her jejely find someone that trades in what she is interested in and learn the trade........Whatever you see traded big time in the cities is not child's play especially when you hear what traders have to go through to make profit
18months is very unreasonable jare. She wan get certificate? The truth is that even if she spends 10years learning, when she breaks out she will still have to take baby steps. The business of foodstuff buying and selling isnt rocket science. Stop making it look like its a miracle tin. If she can approach it in d manner i prescribed and starts small, she is good to go
Re: Please How Do I Start( Only Genuine People, No Fraudstars) by danwa25(m): 5:43am On Dec 26, 2016
You can contact me on whatsapp or call me 08131185245 I av somethings i need to discuss with youquote author=womanofsteel post=52203448]I am a graduate but due to lack of jobs, i have made up my mind to start the sale of agro produce such as maize seed, soybeans, garri, millet, guinea corn, palm oil, rice and crayfish. The problem is, i don't have a single idea of the biz in terms of gain, loss, where and when to buy, the start up capital involved and who to buy from. I reside in lagos, ojo LG to be precise please genuine persons should see me through.[/quote]
Re: Please How Do I Start( Only Genuine People, No Fraudstars) by danwa25(m): 5:45am On Dec 26, 2016
womanofsteel:
contact me on 08131185245 i want to discuss somethings with you.
Re: Please How Do I Start( Only Genuine People, No Fraudstars) by womanofsteel: 7:24am On Dec 26, 2016
Thank you all for your concern and advice. I have opted to learn the trade first following your responses.

(1) (Reply)

Agro Commodity Trading Investment Opportunity / Agrochemical Shop Ilorin, Kwara State / Yam-in-sack Farming; One Thing You Must Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.