Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,314 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

Fola By Grace Ochidi - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fola By Grace Ochidi (542 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie, Her Father, James Nwoye Adichie & Mother Grace Ifeoma Bond / Chimamanda Adichie Nearly Cried Seeing Mother, Grace Ifeoma Read Online Comments / Jane's dilemma(A short story about love and double-dating)by Onojeta Grace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fola By Grace Ochidi by Nobody: 10:49pm On Dec 23, 2016
EDITOR'S PICKS, FICTION
FOLA
MAY 21, 2016 OCHIDI GRACE 1,127 VIEWS 2 COMMENTS

Cold, so Cold. I hate the cold. No! I despise it.
Been living on the streets for 8 years now, and all I’ve ever known is cold. I find it difficult to get a good job, and because I don’t have a good job or any job at all, I literally don’t eat at all. Sometimes I don’t eat for 3 days straight it’s that bad. And now it’s evening, its dark, its cold, and I’m hungry.
My name is Fola, and I’m sure you’re wondering how I ended up like this, well it’s a very wonderful story (eye roll) just relax and listen.
My mum was what people call a prostitute. Her mum was also a prostitute, well she came from a line of women that were prostitutes, but I refused to become one. My dad? I have no idea who he is, seeing as she slept with a thousand men. She tried to convince me about how good her prostitute job was, that it’s really easy to do “her words” not mine, but I said no.. I really don’t know why I said no, but I thank God that I did.
On my 13th birthday she got me a gift. This gift was in form of a man, an old man; he was like in his 50’s… I was totally confused, I had no idea why a 50 year old man would be my birthday gift she said I am now a woman, so I should start paying for the house bills, in any way that I can. she said she has given me my first job which is her gift to me, I didn’t understand ,I mean I was just thirteen, how was I a woman?. I couldn’t do it, I said no. so she threw me out. I have been living on the Streets ever since. Honestly my mum didn’t like the fact that I came into this world, she felt like I was bad luck, and of no use to her. But I kept it together, because deep down i knew that it will all be better. I would find a good house for myself and leave my mum to her precious job.
Which brings us to NOW? You see I’m cold, I’m hungry, and I’m standing in front of the owner of a restaurant here in Lagos begging for food. And the owner is just giving me this wicked ugly smile because I refused to sleep with him can’t sleep with him, I won’t, and because of this i won’t be eating today.. But Lord knows I’m starving. i don’t know what to do.
“Listen to me, emm…, what’s your name?” said the ugly restaurant guy.
Fola, sir.
Ok. Fola ,good. Now listen. If you don’t do what I ask you to do, you will not eat from my restaurant. See I am trying to help you, but you also have to help me too.
I held my cardigan tighter around my body to keep the cold away. “Sir I really can’t do it. Please just give me a slice of bread I will really be grateful sir please”.
He looked at me with disgust.” mshww rubbish smelling girl you want me to give you something and you won’t give me anything in return? lai lai… not going to happen. See if you won’t give me what i want leave my restaurant before I slap that dirty face of yours….ugly thing. , get out from here! Now!. he picked up a huge stick to chase me away. And so I had to run.
I was so scared that I didn’t pay attention to where I was running to until I ran into him…..

stay tuned for more….

Touch of Spice - Vote Your 3 Best Stories Daily (Poll Closed)
A Touch Of Spice by Sunshine 3.03% (22 votes)

Ada’s Dreams by Petersunday 1.52% (11 votes)

Forbidden Fantasy by Naboulove 0.97% (7 votes)

Snatched By Fate by Ogbole agala 1.38% (10 votes)

My other other secret diary by Julius Bokoru 1.66% (12 votes)

How Sophie found her man by Kenboy777 1.52% (11 votes)

Living Again by Tosyn 1.38% (10 votes)

A Little Thrill by Shadiat 1.66% (12 votes)

To a Brother, with Love by Bubbllinna 24% (174 votes)

The Legend Of The Parallels by Sally kenneth dadzie 1.93% (14 votes)

The Hawk and the Rabbit by 3.59% (26 votes)

Sunshine by Da Writing Engineer 9.24% (67 votes)

A New Beginning by Gretel 3.17% (23 votes)

A Change Of Plans by Deedeelicious 1.1% (8 votes)

Pink Ribbon by Helen4eva82 0.97% (7 votes)

Incidental Pervert by Mazi Nwonwu 2

(1) (Reply)

Requiem For A Tattoo *short Story* / Download Free E-books Without Hassles / Gone Are The Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.