Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,217 members, 7,811,605 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:26 PM

How Profitable Is A Cartoon Blog Or Webcomic? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Profitable Is A Cartoon Blog Or Webcomic? (4474 Views)

How Profitable Is Buying And Selling Of .... / Full Pro Version Of A Cartoon Software For Sale / A Cartoon Animation Video Fully Created By A Nairalandler. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Profitable Is A Cartoon Blog Or Webcomic? by penance(m): 7:53am On Dec 24, 2016
Goodmorning,i have always loved art and cartoons as well as creating themespecially the political ones.So I was thinking of starting a blog of editiorial cartoons or maybe about social happenings e.g the funny hiptv awards.Please I would like to know if it is a profitable idea and how can I maximise its potentials.Thank you grin
Re: How Profitable Is A Cartoon Blog Or Webcomic? by Afam4eva(m): 7:54am On Dec 24, 2016
That will be a great idea. Strive to be different..

3 Likes

Re: How Profitable Is A Cartoon Blog Or Webcomic? by Donald3d(m): 9:29am On Dec 24, 2016
penance:
Goodmorning,i have always loved art and cartoons as well as creating themespecially the political ones.So I was thinking of starting a blog of editiorial cartoons or maybe about social happenings e.g the funny hiptv awards.Please I would like to know if it is a profitable idea and how can I maximise its potentials.Thank you grin
Very very profitable , if you make your story juicy and you use the right monetization technique

1 Like

Re: How Profitable Is A Cartoon Blog Or Webcomic? by penance(m): 1:28pm On Dec 24, 2016
thanks plz could you explain the monetization techniques that would be profitable?
Re: How Profitable Is A Cartoon Blog Or Webcomic? by SunFlow(m): 1:51pm On Dec 24, 2016
penance:
thanks plz could you explain the monetization techniques that would be profitable?

start it first, because you would not know how profitable it is until you start.

meanwhile, if it is all about comedy, one of my site www.xtrimlaughs.com is for sale
Re: How Profitable Is A Cartoon Blog Or Webcomic? by Nobody: 6:15am On Dec 25, 2016
grin grin grin cheesy
Re: How Profitable Is A Cartoon Blog Or Webcomic? by EmekaBlue(m): 6:17am On Dec 25, 2016
Be careful...someone might just steal this ur idea...Infact start it faster than that person and come back to ask how to stand a competitive market if so later on..Thankyou

6 Likes

Re: How Profitable Is A Cartoon Blog Or Webcomic? by akoredebadru(m): 6:18am On Dec 25, 2016
It is profitable and if ur heart doesn't want it den Leave.
Re: How Profitable Is A Cartoon Blog Or Webcomic? by nmreports: 6:20am On Dec 25, 2016
It will be a hard product for people to embrace although doable.
You can create several interesting pages;

1. Funny job experiences cartoon that may even tell people about vacancies in a funny way.
2. Fun politically motivated cartoons.
3. Deep thinking ones.
4. Relationship cartoons.

Something that will cut across board such that it wont look like its for kids.

Your blog may end up being a go-to blog for cartoon pictures to download. No harm in trying.

Hope this helps?

www.HRtechnique.com

2 Likes

Re: How Profitable Is A Cartoon Blog Or Webcomic? by sathel(m): 6:21am On Dec 25, 2016
What shall it profit a man if he lose his soul to the devil
Re: How Profitable Is A Cartoon Blog Or Webcomic? by eezeribe(m): 6:22am On Dec 25, 2016
penance:

Watch passion to portfolio on CNN.God bless your Effort.at the beginning of any business venture, profit shouldn't be the aim.one major reason why startups fail in Nigeria is because of the desire for quick profits at the early stage,which may not always be there .I am privy to Linda Ikeji, and If I tell you how long it took before she started making reasonable income from her blog, you may doubt me.IF CARTOON BLOGGING IS TRUELY YOUR PASSION AND NOT YOUR INTENDED GET RICH QUICK SCHEME, then follow your passion and Turn it to your portfolio,THE MONEY WILL NATURALLY FOLLOW.#experience.
MAY PROVIDENCE SMILE AT YOUR EFFORT.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Profitable Is A Cartoon Blog Or Webcomic? by IsaacBuchi(m): 6:24am On Dec 25, 2016
Every idea is right if the person(s) behind it is right

1 Like

Re: How Profitable Is A Cartoon Blog Or Webcomic? by sakalisis(m): 6:54am On Dec 25, 2016
Good idea
Re: How Profitable Is A Cartoon Blog Or Webcomic? by aprokomania(m): 7:09am On Dec 25, 2016
penance:

I like your idea. let's talk more. message me on WhatsApp. 08137012581
Re: How Profitable Is A Cartoon Blog Or Webcomic? by femijay8271(m): 7:10am On Dec 25, 2016
just do d right one wey be say DSS or EFCC no go come dey find you and carry you last OK.
Re: How Profitable Is A Cartoon Blog Or Webcomic? by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 25, 2016
***md *** issorite
Re: How Profitable Is A Cartoon Blog Or Webcomic? by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 25, 2016
penance:

My 11 year old son runs a similar thing and he has been doing it for a year now. I once heard him reply someone 6 months ago who asked if it's been very successful and I felt sorry for him when he said no.

God bless him. He still does what he does with dedication I have never seen. He loves it. I told him yesterday he will be great

Meanwhile somewhere in Nigeria a grown up is more interested in profits rather than passion. Speaks a lot about the differences between our Nigerian society and the western world.

3 Likes

Re: How Profitable Is A Cartoon Blog Or Webcomic? by grandstar(m): 7:45am On Dec 25, 2016
1stCitizen:

My 11 year old son runs a similar thing and he has been doing it for a year now. I once heard him reply someone 6 months ago who asked if it's been very successful and I felt sorry for him when he said no.

God bless him. He still does what he does with dedication I have never seen. He loves it. I told him yesterday he will be great

Meanwhile somewhere in Nigeria a grown up is more interested in profits rather than passion. Speaks a lot about the differences between our Nigerian society and the western world.

He can monetize it with native ads. Try revcontent, outbrain or nativeads.com
Re: How Profitable Is A Cartoon Blog Or Webcomic? by bestspoke: 7:47am On Dec 25, 2016
You should worry about getting stable visitors first.....As long as you have good traffic...It is a viable means of making money
Re: How Profitable Is A Cartoon Blog Or Webcomic? by Ajibel(m): 8:06am On Dec 25, 2016
1stCitizen:

What's the url of your son's own sir?
Re: How Profitable Is A Cartoon Blog Or Webcomic? by flimzy24: 8:09am On Dec 25, 2016
my dear u are needed visit www.politicalng.com.ng lets talk or mail politicalng@gmail.com
Re: How Profitable Is A Cartoon Blog Or Webcomic? by Redman44(m): 8:13am On Dec 25, 2016
Why are you not considering publishing a cartoon magazine instead? Or do you believe publishing is not profitable again? You can start with 1000 copies and with good advertising and marketing, you can really make money right from the third edition of the magazine.
Re: How Profitable Is A Cartoon Blog Or Webcomic? by Goldenheart(m): 8:20am On Dec 25, 2016
cool meanwhile

Re: How Profitable Is A Cartoon Blog Or Webcomic? by BuddhaPalm(m): 8:31am On Dec 25, 2016
EmekaBlue:
Be careful...someone might just steal this ur idea...Infact start it faster than that person and come back to ask how to stand a competitive market if so later on..Thankyou

Ideas are a dime a dozen.

Execution is what makes the difference. And most people won't execute.

2 Likes

Re: How Profitable Is A Cartoon Blog Or Webcomic? by Redman44(m): 8:39am On Dec 25, 2016
10 years down the line, many of those that are talking about online cartoon blogs will not be in business again. People just think every business will succeed online. Traditional publishing is still very relevant and it usually complements web publishing. It is only in Nigeria that I see people thinking of starting cartoon publishing on the web straightaway.the problem we are having is that many youths are not ready to do the hard work of marketing their publications or magazines in a unique way. Distribution can be done in a unique way. It is not always about the vendor all the time. You can create your own chain of distribution by approaching supermarkets, shops, chemists, hairdressers, fast food outlets on your own. Cheers.
Re: How Profitable Is A Cartoon Blog Or Webcomic? by Aywire(m): 8:51am On Dec 25, 2016
So i was wondering how to give back to my fellow nairalanders this christmas... I decided to render my services to a limited amount of people.

Get your professional website design (domain name, web hosting, and 1 customised email inclusive) for just 24,999.99 naira only.

First five people to contact me before Jan 1, 2017 get this deal.

Terms and Conditions Apply.

Email me at namedisreal at gmail dot com
Re: How Profitable Is A Cartoon Blog Or Webcomic? by NotNairalandi(m): 9:08am On Dec 25, 2016
good idea
Re: How Profitable Is A Cartoon Blog Or Webcomic? by elvision1(m): 9:24am On Dec 25, 2016
Very very profitable! Especially that webcomic, am a sucker for it. There are already comics starting up in Nigeria and if you want to be different you have to do something different. I already have ideas in my head.
Re: How Profitable Is A Cartoon Blog Or Webcomic? by taiocol: 10:29am On Dec 25, 2016
Goldenheart:
cool meanwhile
what happened to HCOMICS?
Re: How Profitable Is A Cartoon Blog Or Webcomic? by Goldenheart(m): 10:55am On Dec 25, 2016
taiocol:

what happened to HCOMICS?

Now! Amazinghenry

Re: How Profitable Is A Cartoon Blog Or Webcomic? by taiocol: 8:55pm On Dec 25, 2016
Goldenheart:

Now! Amazinghenry
what about amazinghenry

Hcomic was better
Re: How Profitable Is A Cartoon Blog Or Webcomic? by Goldenheart(m): 9:17pm On Dec 25, 2016
taiocol:

what about amazinghenry

Hcomic was better
Hcomics still around

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To See Your Personal Website! / Get Your E-commerce Website Starting From #15,000 And Other Offers / Bloggers Arena : Post Any Blogging Problem You Have Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.