Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

Policemen In Ota Demand Bribe From Robbery Victims - Sahara Reporters - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Policemen In Ota Demand Bribe From Robbery Victims - Sahara Reporters (15194 Views)

Three INEC Staff In Prison For Collecting N179.8m Bribe From Diezani (PHOTOS) / Dino Melaye: Lawyers Clash With Policemen In Court Premises (Photos, VIDEO) / Governor Wike "Changes His Name" Over Dismissal Of 6 Policemen In Rivers. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Policemen In Ota Demand Bribe From Robbery Victims - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 24, 2016
am not surprised, its in their genes

Re: Policemen In Ota Demand Bribe From Robbery Victims - Sahara Reporters by ceejay80s(m): 8:09pm On Dec 24, 2016
Sibrah:
Only in Nigeria will thieves write residents to "keep somethin" for them in advance and they will successfully rob the residents at the promised date.

Its best u know that the police too are part of the planned robbery

1 Like

Re: Policemen In Ota Demand Bribe From Robbery Victims - Sahara Reporters by AlphaStyles(m): 8:15pm On Dec 24, 2016
Dm wan collect christmas money
Re: Policemen In Ota Demand Bribe From Robbery Victims - Sahara Reporters by bethyz(m): 8:16pm On Dec 24, 2016
We were rub at my place too at ota. With everything taken the police asked for us to drop before they could investigate. Well my mum never went back we just left everything to God. Imagine a police man came to check the scene of rubbery and when going he asked for money. My mum told him we have just been rubbed and you are asking for money. Money from where? Police and thieves can both burn in hell.

2 Likes

Re: Policemen In Ota Demand Bribe From Robbery Victims - Sahara Reporters by BornStunner1: 8:19pm On Dec 24, 2016
davodyguy:
big fool.

The officer involved is not even from Southwest. But ofcourse, the tribalistic tendency in sick fellows like you, is so overwhelming, to the extent of preventing you from reading between the lines.

If we check the stats of crime per region and how terrible and damning they're, Southwest would probably be the list at the bottom.

Biggest fool!!

Then were is the officer from then? grin grin angry
Re: Policemen In Ota Demand Bribe From Robbery Victims - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 24, 2016
GoggleB:
Same set of idiots that were using Helium Blimp to promote #changebeginswithme programme.

Police is not my friend.
no mind dem, dis country na real zooooooo, police na my enemy
Re: Policemen In Ota Demand Bribe From Robbery Victims - Sahara Reporters by hakwise(m): 8:33pm On Dec 24, 2016
This story made me remember my experience with Nigeria Police force....I had an accident this fateful day ....It was an head on collision with a commercial vehicle that took one way... some few minutes after this incident while I was thanking God for sparing my life I had just a little scratch I didn't even know who informed the police...They came down from Okada, after brief inspection of the vehicles involved:
The next thing I would hear from the police is

Police: Oga abeg buy us corn na !!!

I was shocked!!! They had already call the woman selling the cooked corn and started eating telling me to pay ....sheepishly I payed still in shock
on getting to the police station
Na so so Oga drop something
niger police officers are just funny people..

3 Likes

Re: Policemen In Ota Demand Bribe From Robbery Victims - Sahara Reporters by wazobiang: 8:42pm On Dec 24, 2016
You must be new in Nigeria. That is the story everywhere in Nigeria. Go to police, accused and accuser must drop something. That's why people refuse to go to police sometimes.

1 Like

Re: Policemen In Ota Demand Bribe From Robbery Victims - Sahara Reporters by davodyguy: 8:43pm On Dec 24, 2016
BornStunner1:

YOU CANT SAY NOTHING BCUS YOU KNOW NOTHING!!

DECOMPOSED BRAIN

grin grin

Ignorant fool.

Are you still sticking with your claim that the officer is from Southwest?

You can see your life now. Tribalism has beclouded your reasoning completely, to the extent that when crime is committed, you can't even read the names of those involved. You ignorantly claim what's not existing. I feel so sorry for you.

So, is the officer from Southwest?

Answer the question olodo grin

BornStunner1:

Biggest fool!!

Then were is the officer from then? grin grin angry

From your village

1 Like

Re: Policemen In Ota Demand Bribe From Robbery Victims - Sahara Reporters by kunletexs: 8:44pm On Dec 24, 2016
the stupid thing about the police is that they do not have shame. has anyone wonder why is it that armies were the ones sent to face boko haram. it is quiet simple, they would collect bribe and look the other way while the bk blows themselves up with millions of nigerians.

it is because you have not entered into the police station and see children locked up in cells because their parents have not dropped something.

it reminded me of a case that a newly born baby was put in the cell with her mother and the sister protested to the police, to solve the situtation they said the mother should come out of the mosquito infected cell and the sister should enter with the same baby.

they are psychopathy!!!!!

that is why i do not pity them when i hear that they died or got killed in the line of fire. because they are so useless and a nuisance to the common good of the society

lastly, it was during obasanjo regime when they were given a sport jeep for the errands, i saw one of the jeep had an accident along lagos/ibadan express way and NO ONE stopped to help them. they pushed the thing out by themselve and i could still remember one of them cleaning his body of the glass from the accident

that is to show their level of nuisance to the public

1 Like

Re: Policemen In Ota Demand Bribe From Robbery Victims - Sahara Reporters by BornStunner1: 8:47pm On Dec 24, 2016
davodyguy:

Ignorant fool.

You can see your life now. Tribalism has beclouded your reasoning completely, to the extent that when crime is committed, you can't even read the names of those involved. You ignorantly claim what's not existing. I feel so sorry for you.

From your village

I said he was rite from the onser incase u r blind in ur left eye grin
Oya tell us where he is from na angry

Re: Policemen In Ota Demand Bribe From Robbery Victims - Sahara Reporters by BornStunner1: 8:47pm On Dec 24, 2016
davodyguy:

Ignorant fool.

From your village

I said he was From S/waste rite from the onset incase u r blind in ur left eye grin

Re: Policemen In Ota Demand Bribe From Robbery Victims - Sahara Reporters by davodyguy: 8:50pm On Dec 24, 2016
BornStunner1:

I said he was From S/waste rite from the onset incase u r blind in ur left eye grin

OK. I get. Probably that S/waste is your region. All well and good then.

But can't you write well in English? Are you a school drop out?

2 Likes

Re: Policemen In Ota Demand Bribe From Robbery Victims - Sahara Reporters by Ehinmola(m): 9:07pm On Dec 24, 2016
Hmmmmmmmmm
Police is your friend indeed. Bail is free.
Re: Policemen In Ota Demand Bribe From Robbery Victims - Sahara Reporters by oskaaay(m): 9:25pm On Dec 24, 2016
hmmm.... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

HAVE YOU HEARD?
Amazing! 3 Months Old Baby Eaten By Rat - Picture https://www.nairaland.com/3533702/amazing-3-months-old-baby
Re: Policemen In Ota Demand Bribe From Robbery Victims - Sahara Reporters by lukency(m): 9:28pm On Dec 24, 2016
Nigerian Police and bribe are

Re: Policemen In Ota Demand Bribe From Robbery Victims - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 24, 2016
GoggleB:
Same set of idiots that were using Helium Blimp to promote #changebeginswithme programme.

Police is not my friend.
They are only friend to your money.
Re: Policemen In Ota Demand Bribe From Robbery Victims - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 24, 2016
BornStunner1:

Between the thieves and Police in the Southwaaste

I do not even know which is worse!! undecided undecided

Yes of course , cos only a sensible mind can tell the difference not slowpoke.
Re: Policemen In Ota Demand Bribe From Robbery Victims - Sahara Reporters by adekS1(m): 10:30pm On Dec 24, 2016
mostyg:

Some police are more dangerous than hardened criminals.

A friend recently shared this on a whatsapp group~Olutoyosi Omotoso

A LOST NATION

Please this is a very true story.
People, please appreciate God for me! Its a long piece though, be patient with me pls.

I had forgotten what the term 'faced with death' really meant until early hours of this morning(21/12/16). I work with the state HMB and also run a private medical center. Yesterday I admitted a patient at the government hospital who had epistaxis during my clinic hours and I handed him over to the senior medical officer on call for observation. I had packed the bleeding nostrils with adrenalin impregnated gauze and the bleeding stopped. At about 12am the medical officer on call called to say that he was checking on the patient and decided to remove the gauze to examine patient and that was it! Patient just started bleeding profusely and within minutes had lost over 2 liters and was gasping for breath, PP: was 120bpm, RR: was 30cpm. Normal saline was used, no oxygen in general hospital, no blood to transfuse because the lab was closed. I was called at about 2am to come along with an oxygen cylinder and two blood bags since Orh negative blood donors were available. Up from the bed I got, pleaded with my hobby to please let me go save a life(little did I know that a great danger was ahead). Driving down to my private practice with my double traffic light on, I met a police check point. I was flashed to a halt and the following conversation ensued:

Police: madam where u dey go this kin time?
Me:I be doctor I get emergency for hospital.
Police: ( now upset ) Emergency! Emergency! Na so so emergency doctors dey talk, na emergency we wan chop?
Me: Oga police, I beg the patient dey die and time they go.
Police: stay there, u never ready to move, me I no get bed to sleep? I go kon dey here for nothing?
Me: (furious, as time was ticking away) Na me give u work? Dey no dey pay u? Police: (looking through my car window piercingly as if searching for something) aha,wetin that knife they do there? (A pen knife I used to slice some oranges earlier in the day) OK! I don catch u, u go explain this knife and this movement for this unholy hour. Kraa! he cocked his gun and pointed straight at me,
Police: Come down! I say come down!
Me: (now praying silently in tongues as i saw he was dead serious) Oga, u want shoot me? For what now? I be armed robber?
Police: if I kill u now throw away who go find u?
Me: (my heart beat racing.) Oga police u wan shoot me? U can't kill me, God forbid, I can't die like a chicken.
Police: U don die already, emergency my foot, in ur next life wen u see police u go respect. (shot into air twice then pointed the gun at me).

At this point another car came by and while the police was talking with the driver, my phone rang. It was the doctor calling having waited for too long. As fast as my fingers could move I picked the call and thank heavens it mysteriously entered in to hands free mode, before the doctor could speak, quickly and faster than a football commentator, I began "I'm at so and so place, the police here wants to kill me because I didn't give them money."

I went on and on because I actually wanted the police man to know that I've informed someone about the incidence before he kills me. He lets the other car quickly go and turning to me, opens my door and forcefully pulls me out of the car, drags me to the back of their police van and up into the vehicle (at this point I realized there were four other police officers at the scene.) Off they drove.

Me: where are u taking me to? (There was dead silence) meanwhile I noticed a vehicle come out from a corner and followed us from a distance (I realized it was the car that earlier came by while we were at the check point).
Police: (as soon as they realized the car was monitoring us...) Driver, stop! ( talking to the police van driver) they alighted and flashed the vehicle down as he got close. they ordered him out of his car,
Police: Na u wan give evidence of waiting u no see abi?
One police shouted, "Fire him."
I mustered courage and spoke, "Sir, don't even bother to shoot, you heard me make a call, I've told them that you threatened to kill me for refusing you bribe, so that you can't cover up what is already exposed."

That realisation got them thinking and the next thing they started beating up the officer that has been with me for allowing me make calls, calling him names. At this point the other driver turned and drove off, they chased him. On getting to the check point where i met them before, surprisingly my car wasn't there! (I left the car key on the ignition before they took me away). Probably an opportunist has decided to take advantage of the situation and stole the car. This made them have a rethink,Who must have taken this car away? Are we being trailed?

That was how I was released and I found my way back home. By this morning I was told that my patient gave up, I have lodged a report at the police station with the commissioner of police and they are looking into it. My car is nowhere to be found.

The lesson: If you meet a
Nigerian police officer in a lonely place please, please cooperate, I mean cooperate, because they can be more dangerous than armed robbers. Were it not for God's intervention I really do not know what would have become of me by now.

. why was d lab closed?..cos am sure medical lqb scientist work 24hrs or there z no provision for it still yet
Re: Policemen In Ota Demand Bribe From Robbery Victims - Sahara Reporters by soulpiano23(m): 10:35pm On Dec 24, 2016
BornStunner1:

Between the thieves and Police in the Southwaaste

I do not even know which is worse!! undecided undecided

Too much cartoon has got u to be permanently be a baby

Re: Policemen In Ota Demand Bribe From Robbery Victims - Sahara Reporters by doctokwus: 10:38pm On Dec 24, 2016
blazer234:

His name is Nosa and not Yeni
Corrected.
Re: Policemen In Ota Demand Bribe From Robbery Victims - Sahara Reporters by blazer234: 11:07pm On Dec 24, 2016
doctokwus:
This Inspector Yeni wud be sweating wherever he is now.
Even if nothing is done to him for now,for d fact that his name and tel no. are now online,makes him a watched target by d police high command,assuming he is not summoned.
If he is unlucky to av a state commissioner of police he has crossed or shortchanged in d past,this is a ready blackmail tool lest he wud be told he wud b reported to Police HQ.
Eventhough police in Nigeria are deemed wicked,the rank and file suffer d same faith from their superiors as Nigerians suffer in their hands.

His name is boss and not Yeni
Re: Policemen In Ota Demand Bribe From Robbery Victims - Sahara Reporters by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:20pm On Dec 24, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:

http://saharareporters.com/2016/12/24/outrageous-divisional-police-hq-ota-demands-bribe-robbery-victims

This is not supposed to be news now.

My Cousin brother was shot by some armed men, we later identified. The case was reported to the Police as usual. My Uncle was asked to pay N50,000 which he did before investigation and arrest of culprits would take place.

Up till now as I type, the culprits are walking free. The guy that shot my Cousin bro is known by the Police, he is always with is gun.

It seems he is above the law and no one can arrest him.

Please note: Nigerian Police is not and shall never be my friend.
Re: Policemen In Ota Demand Bribe From Robbery Victims - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 11:23pm On Dec 24, 2016
That is their trade mark at Sango Otta.My car was stolen where it was parked in Sango Otta i went to lodge a report at that station because i could not name people they can go qnd qrrest and harassed since the theft was at night,they said i should become the suspect and made to write a report and they still collect 5K from me.
They are notoriously wicked at Sango Police station.
Re: Policemen In Ota Demand Bribe From Robbery Victims - Sahara Reporters by DrogoG(m): 11:48pm On Dec 24, 2016
Nigeria has the most corrupt and dangerous police force in the world.
Re: Policemen In Ota Demand Bribe From Robbery Victims - Sahara Reporters by tit(f): 12:15am On Dec 25, 2016
Life in the Zoo
Re: Policemen In Ota Demand Bribe From Robbery Victims - Sahara Reporters by tianshie(m): 1:21am On Dec 25, 2016
mostyg:

A LOST NATION

People, please appreciate God for me! Its a long piece though, be patient with me pls.

I had forgotten what the term 'faced with death' really meant until early hours of this morning(21/12/16). I work with the state HMB and also run a private medical center. Yesterday I admitted a patient at the government hospital who had epistaxis during my clinic hours and I handed him over to the senior medical officer on call for observation. I had packed the bleeding nostrils with adrenalin impregnated gauze and the bleeding stopped. At about 12am the medical officer on call called to say that he was checking on the patient and decided to remove the gauze to examine patient and that was it! Patient just started bleeding profusely and within minutes had lost over 2 liters and was gasping for breath, PP: was 120bpm, RR: was 30cpm. Normal saline was used, no oxygen in general hospital, no blood to transfuse because the lab was closed. I was called at about 2am to come along with an oxygen cylinder and two blood bags since Orh negative blood donors were available. Up from the bed I got, pleaded with my hobby to please let me go save a life(little did I know that a great danger was ahead). Driving down to my private practice with my double traffic light on, I met a police check point. I was flashed to a halt and the following conversation ensued:

Police: ( now upset ) Emergency! Emergency! Na so so emergency doctors dey talk, na emergency we wan chop?
Police: stay there, u never ready to move, me I no get bed to sleep? I go kon dey here for nothing?
Me: (furious, as time was ticking away) Na me give u work? Dey no dey pay u? Police: (looking through my car window piercingly as if searching for something) aha,wetin that knife they do there? (A pen knife I used to slice some oranges earlier in the day) OK! I don catch u, u go explain this knife and this movement for this unholy hour. Kraa! he cocked his gun and pointed straight at me,
Police: Come down! I say come down!
Me: (now praying silently in tongues as i saw he was dead serious) Oga, u want shoot me? For what now? I be armed robber?
Police: if I kill u now throw away who go find u?
Me: (my heart beat racing.) Oga police u wan shoot me? U can't kill me, God forbid, I can't die like a chicken.
Police: U don die already, emergency my foot, in ur next life wen u see police u go respect. (shot into air twice then pointed the gun at me).

At this point another car came by and while the police was talking with the driver, my phone rang. It was the doctor calling having waited for too long. As fast as my fingers could move I picked the call and thank heavens it mysteriously entered in to hands free mode, before the doctor could speak, quickly and faster than a football commentator, I began "I'm at so and so place, the police here wants to kill me because I didn't give them money."

I went on and on because I actually wanted the police man to know that I've informed someone about the incidence before he kills me. He lets the other car quickly go and turning to me, opens my door and forcefully pulls me out of the car, drags me to the back of their police van and up into the vehicle (at this point I realized there were four other police officers at the scene.) Off they drove.

Me: where are u taking me to? (There was dead silence) meanwhile I noticed a vehicle come out from a corner and followed us from a distance (I realized it was the car that earlier came by while we were at the check point).
Police: (as soon as they realized the car was monitoring us...) Driver, stop! ( talking to the police van driver) they alighted and flashed the vehicle down as he got close. they ordered him out of his car,
Police: Na u wan give evidence of waiting u no see abi?
One police shouted, "Fire him."
I mustered courage and spoke, "Sir, don't even bother to shoot, you heard me make a call, I've told them that you threatened to kill me for refusing you bribe, so that you can't cover up what is already exposed."

That realisation got them thinking and the next thing they started beating up the officer that has been with me for allowing me make calls, calling him names. At this point the other driver turned and drove off, they chased him. On getting to the check point where i met them before, surprisingly my car wasn't there! (I left the car key on the ignition before they took me away). Probably an opportunist has decided to take advantage of the situation and stole the car. This made them have a rethink,Who must have taken this car away? Are we being trailed?

That was how I was released and I found my way back home. By this morning I was told that my patient gave up, I have lodged a report at the police station with the commissioner of police and they are looking into it. My car is nowhere to be found.

The lesson: If you meet a
Nigerian police officer in a lonely place please, please cooperate, I mean cooperate, because they can be more dangerous than armed robbers. Were it not for God's intervention I really do not know what would have become of me by now.

You have no idea how angry I got reading your account. I'm happy you're safe, very upset that a life was lost, as for the Nigeria Police, they're the official partners of armed robbers and other night marauders. The Nigeria Police is a howling shame, and a stain on our image as Nigerians. Someone ought to invite them all for a dancing festival in a really large hall, then drop bombs on them, and blow them to ash. The whole stinking lot. The IG and the other nonsenses. Then we start from scratch.

2 Likes

Re: Policemen In Ota Demand Bribe From Robbery Victims - Sahara Reporters by uboma(m): 1:50am On Dec 25, 2016
I have a friend whose computer shop was broken into at night. Laptops and a certain amount of cash being sales proceeds from the previous day was stolen.

As required by law, my friend reported this incident to the nearest Police Station. He was made to pay for the paper on which he wrote his statement and also paid for the Police to visit his shop to see things themselves. Imagine extorting money from someone who had been robbed. No compassion or ethics at all.

Nigerian Police still has a long way to go to become anyone's friend...
Re: Policemen In Ota Demand Bribe From Robbery Victims - Sahara Reporters by maasoap(m): 6:46am On Dec 25, 2016
mostyg:

A LOST NATION

Me: (furious, as time was ticking away) Na me give u work? Dey no dey pay u? Police: (looking through my car window piercingly as if searching for something) aha,we

Pls, tell me it is not a fiction.
Re: Policemen In Ota Demand Bribe From Robbery Victims - Sahara Reporters by mostyg(m): 1:37pm On Dec 25, 2016
tianshie:

You have no idea how angry I got reading your account. I'm happy you're safe, very upset that a life was lost, as for the Nigeria Police, they're the official partners of armed robbers and other night marauders. The Nigeria Police is a howling shame, and a stain on our image as Nigerians. Someone ought to invite them all for a dancing festival in a really large hall, then drop bombs on them, and blow them to ash. The whole stinking lot. The IG and the other nonsenses. Then we start from scratch.

The Police is a reflection of the average Nigerian ( apology). These guys are Nigerians. Born and bred in Nigeria, live in Nigeria, eat and drink Nigeria. Killing all policemen wouldn't solve our problem. Look at every aspect of Nigeria. Corruption is everywhere. Everyone is using the materials is his or disposal to cheat the other person.
The case of the police is pathetic because they are meant to protect us. We pay them to protect us but they are one of our worst nightmares.

What can we do as a nation?

Everyone has a responsibility to change himself for better. Never demand or accept bribe/ gratification to do a job you are being paid for. Instill this on your families and friends especially your children if you have any.

Expose those you know are corrupt. Never praise them. Boycott their ill gotten wealth.

Good people should also join politics. Attend political meetings. This is where issues that affect our lives are discussed, ratified and approved for implementation.

Finally, I quote "The world won't be destroyed by those who do evil but by those who watch them and do nothing" (Albert Einstein)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Six Times President Buhari Travelled To The UK For Medical Attention / Isa Pantami: National Identity Number Will Be Made Compulsory Soon / Nigeria Air: You Lied, Nnaji Tells Sirika Over 5% Equity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.