Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,417 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Help! : Quest Jack And Refused To Select - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! : Quest Jack And Refused To Select (1121 Views)

How To Select The Best Logistics Service Provider In Nigeria. / Please Help A Brother Select: Volvo V40 And Golf 3 / Please I Need Advise Of My Car Gear Is R,it Refuse To Select Gear Even When (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! : Quest Jack And Refused To Select by princemillla(m): 8:16pm On Dec 24, 2016
Hello my ogas,.

Pls what could be the cause of a serious jack whenever I put my car in drive or reverse the engine will jack as if the engine and gear mount is gone.

I have checked the mounts and they all appear OK.
Also the gear won't select.

Was told there is a sensor that is causing this jacking and inability to select.

Pls help a brother in need. I need to know where exactly am looking at
Re: Help! : Quest Jack And Refused To Select by diportivo: 6:10pm On Dec 25, 2016
Oga mi

New gearbox loading with dis ur symptoms

If u put d lever in R and D and there's a serious jerk,something is broken niyen

No be mount/seat matter oh.....besides,gear isn't selecting.......

God will provide sad
Re: Help! : Quest Jack And Refused To Select by princemillla(m): 9:42am On Dec 27, 2016
diportivo:
Oga mi

New gearbox loading with dis ur symptoms

If u put d lever in R and D and there's a serious jerk,something is broken niyen

No be mount/seat matter oh.....besides,gear isn't selecting.......

God will provide sad

That's 195k embarassed embarassed
Re: Help! : Quest Jack And Refused To Select by TPound(m): 8:50pm On Dec 28, 2016
you haven't specified the year of the quest.that way,we can know what to do.but if its the early quests (1995-2002) try and change the gear filter and use original holts oil. it should help
Re: Help! : Quest Jack And Refused To Select by mayor2013: 6:32am On Dec 29, 2016
Gearbox is loading..... inshort has loaded lipsrsealed
Re: Help! : Quest Jack And Refused To Select by princemillla(m): 5:19pm On Dec 29, 2016
TPound:
you haven't specified the year of the quest.that way,we can know what to do.but if its the early quests (1995-2002) try and change the gear filter and use original holts oil. it should help

Forgive me sir it's a 2004 quest... May be cuz I am customer dadani on this my quest that virtually all gurus here knows...

Thanks for ur input sir
Re: Help! : Quest Jack And Refused To Select by princemillla(m): 5:20pm On Dec 29, 2016
mayor2013:
Gearbox is loading..... inshort has loaded lipsrsealed

Oga mi, gear box was recently serviced. Fibers changed, oil pump and filter changed.

I read online that speed sensor could cause this.

Waiting for my Bro to attend to it on satday
Re: Help! : Quest Jack And Refused To Select by mayor2013: 7:59pm On Dec 29, 2016
princemillla:

Oga mi, gear box was recently serviced. Fibers changed, oil pump and filter changed.

I read online that speed sensor could cause this.

Waiting for my Bro to attend to it on satday

What transmission fluid was used? Vehicle speed sensor? I strongly doubt. With vehicle speed issue your ride could have an erratic shift when in motion
Re: Help! : Quest Jack And Refused To Select by princemillla(m): 8:14am On Dec 30, 2016
mayor2013:

What transmission fluid was used? Vehicle speed sensor? I strongly doubt. With vehicle speed issue your ride could have an erratic shift when in motion

Fluid is matic K... The recommended oil.
We will be checking all necessary wires today. Cuz fiber is OK, pump is new, filter is new. Valve body is intact. So we are suspecting sensors and wire harnessing..
Re: Help! : Quest Jack And Refused To Select by diportivo: 5:15pm On Dec 30, 2016
princemillla:

Fluid is matic K... The recommended oil.
We will be checking all necessary wires today. Cuz fiber is OK, pump is new, filter is new. Valve body is intact. So we are suspecting sensors and wire harnessing..

How far bros
Re: Help! : Quest Jack And Refused To Select by princemillla(m): 6:54pm On Dec 30, 2016
diportivo:

How far bros
My boss of boss... I dey oooo

Anything for ur guy wink
Re: Help! : Quest Jack And Refused To Select by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 30, 2016
princemillla:

...fiber is OK, pump is new, filter is new. Valve body is intact. So we are suspecting sensors and wire harnessing..
fiber...pump...filter: What are these?
valve body intact: What does that mean?
suspecting sensors & co: Then there must be error codes, or else it's trial and error.
Re: Help! : Quest Jack And Refused To Select by princemillla(m): 2:51pm On Dec 31, 2016
Costee:

fiber...pump...filter: What are these?
valve body intact: What does that mean?
suspecting sensors & co: Then there must be error codes, or else it's trial and error.

Thanks uncle, all mentioned above are intacts.. No code.
Guess what, the oil no guage... Had to buy another Extra 4litre today.

I forgot it's 8litr... Bought 4ltr, thinking that should do. The gear is in good order now

Thanks sir

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Urgent Advice As I Need To Buy A New Car / How To Keep Your Wheel Wells Clean / 2012 Toyota Camry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.