Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,069 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:00 PM

Can Jos Regain Its Past Glory? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Jos Regain Its Past Glory? (453 Views)

We Will Sign The Peace Corps Bill If We Regain Power – PDP / Yusuf Buhari Yet To Regain His Speech, As Doctors Discover Additional Injuries. / Governor Dickson & Wife Dedicate Their Quadruplets At King Of Glory Church (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can Jos Regain Its Past Glory? by Naijiant: 11:31pm On Dec 24, 2016
The capital of Plateau State, Jos, has become a black box of a place for me. I was born in another cosmopolis, Kano, but Jos is where my earliest memories were formed and my family still lives there. In September 2016, after an absence of nearly a year, I decided to visit to see what had changed since the arrival of Governor Simon Lalong’s administration in May 2015. A three-and-a-half hour journey on the Abuja–Keffi road brought me to the outskirts of the “Home of Peace and Tourism”. Any optimism I had was dashed when I took the last Mararban Jos roundabout into the city proper. The road surface was broken up in long, abandoned stretches interrupted only by idle yellow CAT diggers and excavators. Potholes had to be dodged. Dust coated everything, making the entire city seem like something out of a dystopia.
Read on: http://www.naijiant.com/guestcolumn/no-renaissance-plateau-state/
Re: Can Jos Regain Its Past Glory? by cricifixo: 11:58pm On Dec 24, 2016
Well... it's possible but our dear politicians that have been playing politics with precious innocent lives wouldn't allow that to happen

(1) (Reply)

Governor Shettima Celebrates Christmas In Chibok With 21 Freed Chibokgirls(pics) / Sokoto State Governor Aminu Tambuwal Is Celebrating His Birthday Today / Adeboye: CAN Reacts To The Sack Of FRC Boss Jim Obazee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.