Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,976 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Can Christians Celebrate The Christmas? An Objective Examination - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Christians Celebrate The Christmas? An Objective Examination (445 Views)

Ayomide, Orange Seller Performs At "Celebrate The Comforter 2019" / Celebrate The Comforter 2019: Obasanjo, Ooni Of Ife, Sanwo-Olu Attend / The Christmas Season I Grew Up With :photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Christians Celebrate The Christmas? An Objective Examination by afternysc(f): 4:18pm On Dec 25, 2016

Can Christians celebrate the Christmas? Whether you celebrate it or not, I implore you to read my topic with an open mind. We will tackle the question bit by bit. Our levels of understanding and ease of understanding varies from one individual to another. So, when one has grasped the point, some may still need simpler breakdown. So, don't jump to conclusion. Open your mind and follow gently.

5 Critical points to examine:
1. Who are Christians?
2. What are the tenets of Christianity?
3. What is Christmas? Where's it come from?
4. Can true Christianity accommodate Christmas celebration?
5. Your conclusion?

1. Who are Christians? 2. What are the tenets of True Christianity?
True Christians are followers of Jesus Christ. Christians are bound to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ without diverting from them. Their holy book is the Holy Bible. So, true Christians are bound by the teachings and words found in the Holy Bible. Any digression from these teachings spells disapproval.

1 Peter 2:21: ❝ For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in His footsteps.❞

See:
Deuteronomy 4:2: ❝ 2"You shall not add to the word which I am commanding you, nor take away from it, that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you. ❞

See also:
Revelation 22:18-19: ❝ I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book.❞

What do you think? Christianity is not a religion of absolute personal discretionary practices. There are rules which true Christians live by.

MY CONCLUSION: A true Christian's entire life - lifestyles, celebrations, food, dressing, grooming, relationships, works, jobs, career, entertainment, way of worship, morality, thoughts, name it, et cetera MUST be guided by scriptural standards and principles.

Is that your conclusion too? Do you agree with that?

3. What is Christmas? Where's it come from?
Christmas in modern times now mean the celebration of birth of Jesus Christ. This is done universally in Christendom on December 25th, today's date. It is believed by many that Jesus Christ was born on 25th December.

What is the origin of Christmas? Definitely not the Holy Bible!
Xplicit: ❝ Revelation 22:18-19: ❝ I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues which are written in this book; and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his part from the tree of life and from the holy city, which are written in this book.❞❞

So, where is it from? Who started it? Was it constituted by Jesus Christ himself? Did he say: DO THIS IN REMEMBRANCE OF ME? Capital NO! What of his disciples? Did they start this? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

So, where did it come from? Who introduced it into Christianity? While on earth, Jesus actually instituted something else, but definitely not XMAS. It was the Memorial of His Death!

I will not talk about origin of Christmas too much. Any human being who wants the truth for himself should research. Do your own research and make the truth for yourself! Don't just believe in what pastor or apostle or priest or pope or father or reverend said. Believe in the Bible!

THE BITTER TRUTH:
Your pastor, pope, reverend, prophet etc may be wrong if he lacks accurate understanding of the Bible! Thats the bitter truth! Jesus Christ foretold about our time:
Matthew 24:11: ❝ ...and many false prophets will arise and mislead many.❞

Matthew 7:21-23: ❝ Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness.❞

MY CONCLUSION: Christmas celebration did not originate from the Bible. And there are no indication that Jesus was born on December 25! And of course, Jesus Christ did not ask us to celebrate his birth, rather he ordered Christians to REMEMBER HIS DEATH. Not birth. So, those who celebrate his birth are merely using their imperfect human discretion!

What is your own conclusion? Don't conclude unless you research. Its like making conclusion on no verifiable facts.

We move on...

4. Can true Christianity accommodate Christmas celebration? 5. Your conclusion?
From the fore-going, I leave answers to these questions to you, dear reader. Just one point to add:

The fact that something is widely accepted and practised by the majority of the people in the world does not make it right! See what Jesus Christ said here:

Matthew 7:13-14: ❝ Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the way that leads to life, and only a few find it.…❞

Jesus said only very few will find the narrow gate! Dear, be among the few and be saved. Do not be afraid to be different among millions.

Do not follow the multitude to do evil!

The choice is still yours.

Culled from naija
Re: Can Christians Celebrate The Christmas? An Objective Examination by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 25, 2016
Whether it is to be celebrated or not, it does not in any ways reduce the standard of GOD.
Re: Can Christians Celebrate The Christmas? An Objective Examination by rottennaija(m): 4:37pm On Dec 25, 2016
Already, 3 topics from those against the celebration of Jesus' birth made front page. I'm sure this will also.

The last time I remember the set of people whose topic almost always made front page where people that posted topics against MMM.
Re: Can Christians Celebrate The Christmas? An Objective Examination by afternysc(f): 9:07pm On Dec 25, 2016
Abi o

(1) (Reply)

What Faith Is And Is Not. / If I Spend A Day In DSS Cell, It Will Take One Year More To Repair Nigeria / Italian Priest Organizes "Sex Orgies" On Church Property!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.