Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Boko Haram Commander Arrested In Ikorodu, Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Commander Arrested In Ikorodu, Lagos (37763 Views)

Idris Ahmed: DSS Arrests Man Who Exposed Wanted Boko Haram Commander Whereabout / Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Commander During Raid (Photos) / Top Wanted Boko Haram Commander Arrested At Borno LG Chairman’s House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Commander Arrested In Ikorodu, Lagos by Truth234(m): 11:47am On Dec 26, 2016
The Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai has revealed the arrest of a Boko Haram terrorist in Ikorodu area of Lagos State.

Buratai said the terrorist, one of those fleeing from the hitherto Boko Haram stronghold of Sambisa Forest, was arrested on Saturday.

Buratai made the revelation in a remark before Gov. Kashim Shettima of Borno cut the tape to re-open two major roads in the state that were closed since 2013 at the height of the atrocities of the insurgents.

The roads are Maiduguri-Gubio-Damasak and Maiduguri-Monguno-Baga. They were opened in the wake of the declaration by President Muhammadu Buhari that the terrorists had been flushed out of Sambisa Forest.

Buratai charged the troops not to relent until all the terrorists who had waged a war against Nigeria since 2009 are arrested.

“You must maintain the momentum of the operation. We must pursue the terrorists wherever they are. We must not allow them to regroup,” the army chief said.

He said in spite of the take over of the terrorists’ last strong hold in the Sambisa forest as announced by President Muhammadu Buhari, “we have no time to waste”.

The chief of army staff described the seven-year fight against the Boko Haram terrorists as “quite sober and touchy”, saying that a number of officers and soldiers had lost their lives in the war.

He prayed for the repose of their souls and vowed that the army would recommit itself to the fight until “remnants’’ of the terrorists were cleared.

Maj.-Gen. Lucky Irabor, the Theatre Commander, Operation Lafiya Dole, had earlier said that the North East had been secured.

He also said that insurgency had brought untold hardship on the people of Borno people and the entire North East zone.

Irabor said that the roads being reopened were closed three years ago to check the incursion of the insurgents, adding that the reopening of such roads was an indication that the terrorists had been defeated.

In a message, the Chief of Defence Staff, Gen. Gabriel Olonisakin, also charged the military to maintain the tempo of operation and ensure that terrorism was eliminated from the North East.

Represented by the Chief of Administration, Defenc Headquarters, Rear Admiral A. A. Dacosta, Olonisakin restated the commitment of the military to defeating the terrorists.

NAN

http://investorsking.com/boko-haram-commander-arrested-in-ikorodu-lagos/

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Commander Arrested In Ikorodu, Lagos by Nutase: 11:53am On Dec 26, 2016
Abet direct car dey from Lagos to Sambisa

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Commander Arrested In Ikorodu, Lagos by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 26, 2016
All this people, so police too want to connect their self with the success. Ok oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Commander Arrested In Ikorodu, Lagos by sarrki(m): 12:00pm On Dec 26, 2016
No room for the wicked

Most especially hiding in the land of the OMOLUABIS

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Commander Arrested In Ikorodu, Lagos by olaolulazio(m): 12:12pm On Dec 26, 2016
Are you sure the caught boko leader......

Abi they just nab one Igbo man wey just enter lag.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Commander Arrested In Ikorodu, Lagos by Built2last: 12:12pm On Dec 26, 2016
Lasgidi oo
Re: Boko Haram Commander Arrested In Ikorodu, Lagos by lonelydora: 12:12pm On Dec 26, 2016
Kudos to our gallant men.

Meanwhile, i dey here dey do Nairaland and all my guys don enter villa finish.

Abeg, anybody get Indomie chilli he/she is not using?

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Commander Arrested In Ikorodu, Lagos by jeeqaa7(m): 12:12pm On Dec 26, 2016
Ironla

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Commander Arrested In Ikorodu, Lagos by ELPablochapo: 12:13pm On Dec 26, 2016
picture or

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Commander Arrested In Ikorodu, Lagos by Koko88(m): 12:13pm On Dec 26, 2016
Gosh! From Borno to Lagos?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Commander Arrested In Ikorodu, Lagos by Kenzo89(f): 12:13pm On Dec 26, 2016
Borno to Lagos now now Na flight the guy take

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Commander Arrested In Ikorodu, Lagos by Abbeyme: 12:14pm On Dec 26, 2016
No Pix, no name.

Is this the new form of pre-emptive journalism

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Commander Arrested In Ikorodu, Lagos by Michealsinzo: 12:14pm On Dec 26, 2016
Now dey are been seen to be arrested
Bt previously,dey were all spirit...
Playing games with humans life's ...
God help us all

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Commander Arrested In Ikorodu, Lagos by angelTI(f): 12:14pm On Dec 26, 2016
Boko Haram in Ikorodu? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Commander Arrested In Ikorodu, Lagos by akoredebadru(m): 12:14pm On Dec 26, 2016
Nigeria go better soon

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Commander Arrested In Ikorodu, Lagos by searay(m): 12:14pm On Dec 26, 2016
Let the propaganda continue. I dey observe

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Commander Arrested In Ikorodu, Lagos by Fabibest(m): 12:15pm On Dec 26, 2016
Ok, were picture?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Commander Arrested In Ikorodu, Lagos by darfay: 12:16pm On Dec 26, 2016
Kudos to the military.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Commander Arrested In Ikorodu, Lagos by EmekaBlue(m): 12:16pm On Dec 26, 2016
I bin dey suspect that man for ikorodu o...chai

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Commander Arrested In Ikorodu, Lagos by 2shur: 12:16pm On Dec 26, 2016
we are expecting shekau to debunk the rumour.
naija and false news
Re: Boko Haram Commander Arrested In Ikorodu, Lagos by SaintzPeter(m): 12:16pm On Dec 26, 2016
hmm..
Re: Boko Haram Commander Arrested In Ikorodu, Lagos by uviesa(m): 12:16pm On Dec 26, 2016
Esaylieee. I spoke with Shekau the commander and he told me the federal government even came to plead with him to borrow them his official flag for 50million dollars for a week. I hail my country
It will only get better when we rise to take back our country by force

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Commander Arrested In Ikorodu, Lagos by modestofynest(m): 12:18pm On Dec 26, 2016
Hw do dey want us to believe dis white lie, my God from sambisa forest to lagos with all de checkpoints hw did he get there pls sumbdy explain to me better

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Commander Arrested In Ikorodu, Lagos by femijay8271(m): 12:18pm On Dec 26, 2016
kontinue ur lies...lai-yee Momhamed

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Commander Arrested In Ikorodu, Lagos by ogologoamu: 12:18pm On Dec 26, 2016
The ones you arrested before where are they?.
Don't let me flog you with my Ogologoamu.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Commander Arrested In Ikorodu, Lagos by efilefun(m): 12:19pm On Dec 26, 2016
Road been closed since 2013!!!! Wow finally peace is returning back to the north

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Commander Arrested In Ikorodu, Lagos by Fuadeiza(m): 12:20pm On Dec 26, 2016
This Is So Untrue, what part of ikorodu, pics to back up ur story, the story gan is even nt detailed enough in terms of the ikorodu own, na still d one way happen for sambisa ,you still talk about
Re: Boko Haram Commander Arrested In Ikorodu, Lagos by bangging(m): 12:21pm On Dec 26, 2016
Truth234:

http://investorsking.com/boko-haram-commander-arrested-in-ikorodu-lagos/
very soon the will tell us that shakieu was caught in calaber like charles tailor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Commander Arrested In Ikorodu, Lagos by Lah84(m): 12:22pm On Dec 26, 2016
That escalated real quick lol
Re: Boko Haram Commander Arrested In Ikorodu, Lagos by Lasskeey: 12:27pm On Dec 26, 2016
cool
Re: Boko Haram Commander Arrested In Ikorodu, Lagos by Oildichotomy(m): 12:30pm On Dec 26, 2016
Another piece of news for them to chant Sai baba. That is if they have eaten this morning

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Demands Refund Of Funds From Party Agents After Loosing Kogi Guber / Idris Wada Holding His Governorship Certificate Upside Down / Matawalle’s Appointees Were ‘Chief Guests’ At Turbaning Of Ado Aleru - Abdul

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.