Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,618 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Multiple Accident Hits Onyeama Hill In Enugu State - Pictures - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Multiple Accident Hits Onyeama Hill In Enugu State - Pictures (30322 Views)

Onyeama: Spent N280 Million To Evacuate Nigerians From South Africa – Air Peace / The First Plane Crash In Nigeria At Igbo Ilapa Hill In Ikogosi, Ekiti In 1942 / Caterpillar Accident Hits Agulu, Anambra State - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Multiple Accident Hits Onyeama Hill In Enugu State - Pictures by ngr7: 2:43pm On Dec 26, 2016
The Onyeama Hill (Ugwu Onyeama) which is located in-between Ngwo 9th Miles and Enugu metropolis is well known for high rate of accidents which have claimed numerous lives and put some in serious coma. This is the major road for all vehicles coming from different parts of the country and cuts through to the State capital. Surprisingly, this road has received just a little careless attention from the government over the years. Remind me again why accidents wouldn't be rampant on a sloppy road that has deep potholes even at the centre ?

Christmas is a festival of birth marked with high rate of death and immoralities. A season to some, an opportunity to showcase their reckless life style. No matter how careful one would be, there is someone who would not be as careful are you are. One who wouldn't drive safely just like you. Who then are we to blame for this high rate of accidents on Onyeama Hill especially in festive periods like Xmas.

The major cause of accidents on Onyeama hill is not farfetched: large potholes and topography. This road serves as death trap to the citizens and even animals (especially cows from the North). Until recently, the government had over the years showed less concern over the road and it's potential danger; the threats it possess. In November, the state of the road had been improved a bit to suit the Decemeber rush and cubaccidents but you know what to expect from a job done in a hurry by a careless government.

Another reason for the accidents on Onyeama hill is as a result of break failure of both trucks, trailers and smaller vehicles. Due to the sloppy nature of the hill, vehicles with high speeds are liable to break failures. Even the ones on deceleration might collide with the one moving at the opposite speed, which might result to something fatal and bloody. What about trucks that depend highly on air to put their tyres to a halt? You know the danger that poses when the air refuses to pump into the break.

Aside the government and break failure, drivers are also to blame.Accidents of course occur on smooth and level roads. Most of the drivers are reckless and careless. Onyeama Hill demands a careful driver who would take time to drive through the potholes and at the same time avoid oncoming trucks, trailers and other vehicles. The hill would also never be a safe driveway for amateur drivers or learners per say.

To minimize the high rate of accident on Onyeama Hill, the government should make an effort in building the road to a very good standard. The drivers should also inspect their vehicles and repair any detected fault. Finally, the drivers should drive carefully and safely.

Source http://www.viviangist.com/multiple-accident-hits-onyeama-hill-in-enugu-state-pictures

1 Share

Re: Multiple Accident Hits Onyeama Hill In Enugu State - Pictures by ngr7: 2:44pm On Dec 26, 2016

Re: Multiple Accident Hits Onyeama Hill In Enugu State - Pictures by saxwizard(m): 2:46pm On Dec 26, 2016
Blood of Jesus

3 Likes

Re: Multiple Accident Hits Onyeama Hill In Enugu State - Pictures by Nutase: 3:29pm On Dec 26, 2016
angry
Re: Multiple Accident Hits Onyeama Hill In Enugu State - Pictures by Haniel18: 3:57pm On Dec 26, 2016
i don't really understand d pics,may GOD protect us all. Nutase keep on keeping space in all d topic,i sight u.

1 Like

Re: Multiple Accident Hits Onyeama Hill In Enugu State - Pictures by GMBuhari: 4:01pm On Dec 26, 2016
Oyeama Hills located in Enugu

Causes of accidents blamed on potholes and topography

The same Enugu where they protested Buhari's coming, I'm sure one asswipe will eventually blame Buhari for causing accidents through negligence

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multiple Accident Hits Onyeama Hill In Enugu State - Pictures by Omero(m): 4:10pm On Dec 26, 2016
God protect ur people!
Re: Multiple Accident Hits Onyeama Hill In Enugu State - Pictures by sunnyworld2love(m): 4:12pm On Dec 26, 2016
GOD
Re: Multiple Accident Hits Onyeama Hill In Enugu State - Pictures by legendte(m): 4:12pm On Dec 26, 2016
Drive with caution and pray without ceasing.

RIP to ndi nwuru anwu

2 Likes

Re: Multiple Accident Hits Onyeama Hill In Enugu State - Pictures by legendte(m): 4:12pm On Dec 26, 2016
GMBuhari:
Oyeama Hills located in Enugu

Causes of accidents blamed on potholes and topography

The same Enugu where they protested Buhari's coming, I'm sure one asswipe will eventually blame Buhari for causing accidents through negligence
Afonja and noise eh.

OBJ is from SW, Osibanjo is from SW.
Majority of zombies are from SW.
Did it stop hunger from flogging people in Osun or the poverty in Ogun?

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Multiple Accident Hits Onyeama Hill In Enugu State - Pictures by kolnel: 4:13pm On Dec 26, 2016
Very fatal accident
That's why insurance comes to play
Those cars are right off

1 Like

Re: Multiple Accident Hits Onyeama Hill In Enugu State - Pictures by passionate88: 4:13pm On Dec 26, 2016
The evils of the dullard tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Multiple Accident Hits Onyeama Hill In Enugu State - Pictures by PlatinumBoss: 4:14pm On Dec 26, 2016
May the Almighty God continue to help us all.

When you run alone its called: RACE

But when you run with God it's called: GRACE

2 Likes

Re: Multiple Accident Hits Onyeama Hill In Enugu State - Pictures by cstr19: 4:15pm On Dec 26, 2016
Damn.
Looks like a scene from a[b] need for speed [/b]movie.
Re: Multiple Accident Hits Onyeama Hill In Enugu State - Pictures by ApostleNduBiz: 4:20pm On Dec 26, 2016
Spiritual cleansing also urgently required
Re: Multiple Accident Hits Onyeama Hill In Enugu State - Pictures by aare07(m): 4:20pm On Dec 26, 2016
Viviangist is known for this type of news.

1 Like

Re: Multiple Accident Hits Onyeama Hill In Enugu State - Pictures by yinkslinks(m): 4:21pm On Dec 26, 2016
And mmm saved some lives by freezing of accounts. Together we change to world. Amen kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Multiple Accident Hits Onyeama Hill In Enugu State - Pictures by fkdmods: 4:26pm On Dec 26, 2016
I have said it time and time again. Nigerians don't know how to drive.
Re: Multiple Accident Hits Onyeama Hill In Enugu State - Pictures by Baroba(m): 4:26pm On Dec 26, 2016
Me na Milken Hill I dey follow, the kind speed people dey tear for that road no be small.. My villa na 10 mins drive from Onyeama hill ( Ugwu Onyeama)...
Re: Multiple Accident Hits Onyeama Hill In Enugu State - Pictures by redcliff: 4:26pm On Dec 26, 2016
Say person go out come back to nigeria na testimony

1 Like

Re: Multiple Accident Hits Onyeama Hill In Enugu State - Pictures by FisifunKododada: 4:26pm On Dec 26, 2016
shocked
Re: Multiple Accident Hits Onyeama Hill In Enugu State - Pictures by Lordsocrates: 4:28pm On Dec 26, 2016
i thought the hero fixed all these roads, which pothole is vivian talking about

3 Likes

Re: Multiple Accident Hits Onyeama Hill In Enugu State - Pictures by Nmaglit: 4:31pm On Dec 26, 2016
This period we need to be PRAYERFUL, be CAREFUL and do the NEEDFUL. GOD see us through Amen
Re: Multiple Accident Hits Onyeama Hill In Enugu State - Pictures by Iruobean(m): 4:40pm On Dec 26, 2016
I have no comment to make. shocked Let's hear from the next person shocked
Re: Multiple Accident Hits Onyeama Hill In Enugu State - Pictures by Xcelinteriors(f): 4:41pm On Dec 26, 2016
You need to go there and see for yourself. That place is really a death trap okwa chizoba. I passed there when I travelled to my village Agwu last year

1 Like

Re: Multiple Accident Hits Onyeama Hill In Enugu State - Pictures by henrydadon(m): 4:42pm On Dec 26, 2016
the year have been the worst so far that i have seen
Re: Multiple Accident Hits Onyeama Hill In Enugu State - Pictures by CharlieMaria(m): 4:50pm On Dec 26, 2016
That place eh..accidents always
Re: Multiple Accident Hits Onyeama Hill In Enugu State - Pictures by Ifeanyi4491(m): 4:54pm On Dec 26, 2016
i didnt know the kind evil spirit in this road, because there is no hole or anything bad there but we keep hearing horrible accident there.
RIP TO THE DEAD
Re: Multiple Accident Hits Onyeama Hill In Enugu State - Pictures by tyav7: 4:56pm On Dec 26, 2016
redcliff:
Say person go out come back to nigeria na testimony
Honestly
Re: Multiple Accident Hits Onyeama Hill In Enugu State - Pictures by solidman59(m): 5:05pm On Dec 26, 2016
Vivian gist : Always popular for unverified news and randomly taken photos.

Carry on
Re: Multiple Accident Hits Onyeama Hill In Enugu State - Pictures by ezemme(m): 5:07pm On Dec 26, 2016
ngr7, Thank you very much for bringing this on nairaland. As a matter of fact, I schooled in Enugu precisely (Esut) and used to have heart attack whenever I want to make use of the road. Ugwu onyeama is a household name in Enugu regarding to accident. The causes of accident as you highlighted is obviously truth. I think the high rate of accident there will be drastically reduced, if the govt could do justice to that bridge at Uguw onyeama.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Update On Anambra Internation Cargo & passenger Airport (video And Photoes) / AIT Staff, Abdullahi Ibrahim Dies In Accident With Pregnant Wife & 3 Children / Abroad-Based Nigerians Currently In Nigeria, Share Your Experiences So Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.