Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,399 members, 7,815,871 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (58828 Views)

4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist / Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder / My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Emasearu(m): 6:41pm On Feb 08, 2017
DeSepiero:

What I feel through an act of charity by a fellow human is simply a fellow human's love.
How do you know that, sir? Can it be verified by all? The human could be propelled by duty, or something other than that, to help someone else even if he would rather do something else.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Emasearu(m): 6:51pm On Feb 08, 2017
DeSepiero:

This goes further to prove my point. Your experience of God is not objectively consistent with reality. It can't be verified. I can simply dismiss it as your own mental abstractions; it can't stand as truth or reality because reality persist independent of individual perspectives. Hence, its not real.
OK. So you don't believe in God because U can't put God in a test tube and see His chemical properties, am I wrong?
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by DeSepiero(m): 8:23pm On Feb 08, 2017
Emasearu:
OK. So you don't believe in God because U can't put God in a test tube and see His chemical properties, am I wrong?

The subject of our discussion is on 'how real one's so called experience of God can be' NOT on 'if I believe in God' right?
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Emasearu(m): 5:53am On Mar 29, 2017
DeSepiero:

The subject of our discussion is on 'how real one's so called experience of God can be' NOT on 'if I believe in God' right?
It's on the existence of God, sir. I'm trying to understand your disbelief.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by DavidOluyale(m): 12:41am On May 04, 2017
I always like to start by asking , Do you believe in the spiritual? Or atheist don't believe in the spiritual? I see no sincerity in believing in the spiritual but not believing in God .

So an atheist here. Answer me, Do you believe in the spiritual or you just believe every is physical ?
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by Nobody: 7:30am On May 04, 2017
Seun:
On facebook, in reply to his Christmas and Hanukkah greeting, someone asked Mark Zuckerberg, "but aren't you atheist?" He replied, "No. I was raised Jewish and then I went through a period where I questioned things, but now I believe religion is very important."

[url=https://www.facebook.com/zuck/posts/10103363940448171?comment_id=10103363945378291&reply_comment_id=1852873111664385&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R9%22%7D]https://www.facebook.com/zuck/posts/10103363940448171[/url]

This is unfortunate. If not for the explicit "no", I would have said that he was dodging the question, but he said it. He threw atheism under the bus. He has made it very clear to everybody that he doesn't identify as an atheist and doesn't want to be considered as an atheist. Bless him. This doesn't mean he's not an atheist, of course; an atheist is simply someone who doesn't hold a belief in the existence of any God.

I don't believe for one second that Mark believes in the existence of the Jewish God. The one who forbade Jews from eating pork instead of teaching them how to cook it properly. Who created foreskins to protect the sensitive tips of male organs, but then ordered the Jews to cut them off their newborn babies. Who permitted Jews to enslave foreigners and treat them as property, even though he created all people. Who made women menstruate but then declared that a menstruating woman is unclean, and anyone who touches her - even her husband - is also unclean. Who banished children of single parents and their descendants from entering his temple for 400 years (the 10th generation).

I don't believe that Mark believes in that God. And since he hasn't talked about any other God, I continue to believe that he is an atheist. He may choose to call himself an agnostic, a cultural Jew, or whatever helps Facebook and his family, but that doesn't mean he's not an atheist.

Priscilla made him to understand the important of religion. Beside, it is good for his future political ambitions grin
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by yellow237(m): 2:54pm On Jul 17, 2017
seun ur own mumuism get level
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by idris4r83(m): 3:06pm On Jul 29, 2017
Seun:
I believe that Muslims require more of our assistance, but that's up to ex-muslims.
Amazing writeup...never seen it this way before.

JUST MAYBE!
In a mother’s womb were two babies.
One baby asked the other:
“Do you believe in life after delivery?”
The other replied, “Why, of course. There has to be something after delivery. Maybe we are here to prepare ourselves for what we will be later.”
“Nonsense” said the first.
“There is no life after delivery.
What kind of life would that be?”
The second said, “I don’t know, but there will be more light than here. Maybe we will walk with our legs and eat from our mouths. Maybe we will have other senses that we can’t understand now.”
The first replied, “That is absurd.
Walking is impossible. And eating with our mouths? Ridiculous! The umbilical cord supplies nutrition and everything we need. But the umbilical cord is so short. Life after delivery is to be logically excluded.”
The second insisted, “Well I think there is something and maybe it’s different than it is here. Maybe we won’t need this physical cord anymore.”
The first replied, “Nonsense. And moreover if there is life, then why has no one ever come back from there? Delivery is the end of life, and in the after - delivery there is nothing but darkness and silence and oblivion. It takes us nowhere.”
“Well, I don’t know,” said the second, “but certainly we will meet Mother and she will take care of us.”
The first replied “Mother?
You actually believe in Mother?
That’s laughable. If Mother exists then where is She now?”
The second said, “She is all around us. We are surrounded by her. We are of Her. It is in Her that we live. Without Her this world would not and could not exist.”
Said the first: “Well I don’t see Her, so it is only logical that She doesn’t exist.”
To which the second replied, “Sometimes, when you’re in silence and you focus and listen, you can perceive Her presence, and you can hear Her loving voice, calling down from above.”
May be this was one of the best explanations to concept of God

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? by D1official: 4:25pm On Jul 29, 2017

Maybe he has been using Mark Zuckerberg and Bill Gates to boast about how intelligent atheists are.

The news of Mark's non atheism must have hit him hard like Dangote trailer.
Bill Gate is not even an atheist.
He's an agnostic, indeed there's nothing like atheism.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Florida Pastor Caught Having Fun With Member's Daughters. Mum & Brother Faint / "Apostle Suleman Likes Sex Too Much & Once Gave Me Proceeds Of Crusades" / Goliath Skull Was Discovered in Holy Land!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.