Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,772 members, 7,837,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Pop Superstar George Michael Dies At 53 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Pop Superstar George Michael Dies At 53 (422 Views)

American Pop Superstar Beyonce Knowles Now Owns A Church / Mo Abudu Covers Genevieve Magazine At 53 / Ngozi Nwosu: “I Will Marry When It Is Right Time” — 53 Year Old Veteran Actress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pop Superstar George Michael Dies At 53 by efepro(m): 3:00pm On Dec 26, 2016
George Michael, a British singer who became one of the pop idols of the 1980s with Wham! died at his home in England on Sunday. He was 53.

Wham! was one of the most successful pop duos ever in the mid-1980s, ahead even of Simon & Garfunkel, with singles like ““”Careless Whisper”, “Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go”, “The Edge of Heaven” and “Last Christmas”.

“It is with great sadness that we can confirm our beloved son, brother and friend George passed away peacefully at home over the Christmas period,” his publicist said in a statement.

The statement said, “The family would ask that their privacy be respected at this difficult and emotional time. There will be no further comment at this stage,”

British police said Michael’s death was “unexplained but not suspicious.” “I am in deep shock,” said Elton John. “I have lost a beloved friend – the kindest, most generous soul and a brilliant artist. My heart goes out to his family and all of his fans.”

George Michael was born June 25, 1963, in London to Greek Cypriot immigrant parents in a flat above a north London laundrette, Michael once played music on the London underground train system before finding fame with Wham!.

George formed Wham! in 1981 with a school friend, Andrew Ridgeley, a partnership that would produce some of the most memorable pop songs and dance-floor favourites of the 1980s.

SOURCE: http://www.gistsstack.com/george-michael-pop-superstar-dies-53/

Re: Pop Superstar George Michael Dies At 53 by sohans(m): 3:01pm On Dec 26, 2016
RIP great man....condolence 2 ur family

(1) (Reply)

How Kiss Daniel Escaped Death While Performing On Stage In Calabar / Olamide Drops 6th Album, Shuts Down Lagos With #olic3 / watch as Tekno Slams His Cook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.