Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,223 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn (9780 Views)

Foreign Reserves Rise To $30.5B As CBN Targets $40B Before Year End / External Reserves Rise By $1bn In Two Weeks / External Reserves Rise Further To N26.2bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by rusher14: 2:28pm On Dec 27, 2016
Newmanluckyman:
... Then if our govt, economic experts and pundits can't understand that "conundrum" you rightly mentioned then one can significantly draw conclusions that high or increase in our external reserves haven't benefitted the masses. This position will hold until we are able to unravel the mysteries surrounding that "conundrum".

You simply wish to conclude on a simple economic strategy even against all known outcomes.

The common man cannot depend on a single product for sale to the rest of the world whilst depending on the others for every other thing, yet expects the local currency to prevail against others. Would never work.
Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by APCmyheart(m): 2:34pm On Dec 27, 2016
seguno2:

Who imposed the very high tariffs?
Who was president in 2013?
Who?

https://gain.fas.usda.gov/Recent%20GAIN%20Publications/Nigeria%20Begins%20Implementation%20of%20Rice%20Levy%20Increase%20_Lagos_Nigeria_1-25-2013.pdf

Are you trying to infect my PC with trojan? what nonsense source is that....

WHat is the essense of give law and not implementing it, What have we been eating between that 2013 and 2015 is it local rice? Oga shut up...
Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by Newmanluckyman(m): 2:44pm On Dec 27, 2016
rusher14:

You simply wish to conclude on a simple economic strategy even against all known outcomes.

The common man cannot depend on a single product for sale to the rest of the world whilst depending on the others for every other thing, yet expects the local currency to prevail against others. Would never work.
... This position will hold if other mono economies are on equal footing with Nigeria. Briefly compare Saudi Arabia, Russia,Iraq,Iran which are mono economies with Nigeria both in terms of each countries external reserves, inflation rate,unemployment figures, pumping price, poverty level and standard of living. Whilst we can't account for our increase in external reserves vis-a-vis those aforementioned indices, those countries can and have added meaning to the lives of its citizens notwithstanding we are all mono economies. So what went wrong?
Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by seguno2: 2:44pm On Dec 27, 2016
APCmyheart:
Are you trying to infect my PC with trojan? what nonsense source is that....

WHat is the essense of give law and not implementing it, What have we been eating between that 2013 and 2015 is it local rice? Oga shut up...

The source is from the US government. The ones who made your PC possible in the first place.

THIS REPORT CONTAINS ASSESSMENTS OF COMMODITY AND TRADE ISSUES MADE BY USDA STAFF AND NOT NECESSARILY STATEMENTS OF OFFICIAL U.S. GOVERNMENT POLICY

Implementation is a gradual process.
Was that why your Buhari tried to reverse the ban in October 2015 before he was pressured to change his mind?
Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by APCmyheart(m): 2:59pm On Dec 27, 2016
seguno2:

The source is from the US government. The ones who made your PC possible in the first place.

Implementation is a gradual process.
Was that why your Buhari tried to reverse the ban in October 2015 before he was pressured to change his mind?

Oh... so what GEJ cannot implement in 2yrs was done by Buhari under 6month... Shame on you... Stop the rubbish of reversing ban, Go to our land border and see if you go see rice coming in through...

Thank you so much Buhari for giving Nigeria the ability to started eating local rice...

I know you wont like that..
Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by pensil: 3:10pm On Dec 27, 2016
Insults are the arguments of those in the wrong - Jean Jacques Rousseau. when 'be clever' isn't clever, hope is lost
[
quote author=BeClever post=52288926]

Fools like you are deaf when SGF turned a grass cutter...
When DSS has something to say about Magu. .

You couldn't even ask what up to 75% and 100% of 2015 and 2016 respective budget allocations were used on since recession induced hunger made you to start using TF Kunu as stew on your queue-to-purchase Lake rice..

Okoko!
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by rusher14: 3:25pm On Dec 27, 2016
Newmanluckyman:
... This position will hold if other mono economies are on equal footing with Nigeria. Briefly compare Saudi Arabia, Russia,Iraq,Iran which are mono economies with Nigeria both in terms of each countries external reserves, inflation rate,unemployment figures, pumping price, poverty level and standard of living. Whilst we can't account for our increase in external reserves vis-a-vis those aforementioned indices, those countries can and have added meaning to the lives of its citizens notwithstanding we are all mono economies. So what went wrong?

Monoeconomy but different payloads.

Analogy -

Eloho and Efe.

Eloho is a security guard with Chevron.

Efe is a security guard with Zenon oil.

Please tell me if their kids would likely attend the same school.

The population of Saudi Arabia = 28 million

The population of Nigeria. = 160 million

Oil production per day Saudi Arabia = 10 million

Oil production per day Nigeria = 2.2 million (peak)

Neighbours Saudi Arabia. = Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Oman, Bahrain

Neighbours Nigeria = Benin, Chad, Cameroon, Niger.

Put things in perspective. Selling one product would never suffice for the most populous black nation considering we don't even run a monopoly of the commodity.

Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by Newmanluckyman(m): 4:55pm On Dec 27, 2016
rusher14:

Monoeconomy but different payloads.

Analogy -

Eloho and Efe.

Eloho is a security guard with Chevron.

Efe is a security guard with Zenon oil.

Please tell me if their kids would likely attend the same school.

The population of Saudi Arabia = 28 million

The population of Nigeria. = 160 million

Oil production per day Saudi Arabia = 10 million

Oil production per day Nigeria = 2.2 million (peak)

Neighbours Saudi Arabia. = Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Oman, Bahrain

Neighbours Nigeria = Benin, Chad, Cameroon, Niger.

Put things in perspective. Selling one product would never suffice for the most populous black nation considering we don't even run a monopoly of the commodity.

... Thank you for your time. I really appreciate your insight.

1 Like

Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by BeClever: 8:06pm On Dec 27, 2016
pensil:
Insults are the arguments of those in the wrong - Jean Jacques Rousseau. when 'be clever' isn't clever, hope is lost
[
quote author=BeClever post=52288926]

Fools like you are deaf when SGF turned a grass cutter...
When DSS has something to say about Magu. .

You couldn't even ask what up to 75% and 100% of 2015 and 2016 respective budget allocations were used on since recession induced hunger made you to start using TF Kunu as stew on your queue-to-purchase Lake rice..

Okoko!

When fools like you dabble onto my mention, I began to think to which extent I coups tolerate...

How is it my fault that this recession has infringed your mental health.
Please, take a stroll into the lagoon..
Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by 2sexynet: 8:08pm On Dec 27, 2016
APCmyheart:

Must you import then, Why not invest your money locally... you are one of Nigeria problem always want to import foreign goods..

before we depend on Foreign rice from Thailand, But PMB ban importation of rice so we can also start farming and today Nigerians are eating locally made rice did anyone died of eating the rice? Did you know how many billion will circulate around with that initiatives?
All you think everything can be locally produced. You see? Do you know the nature of what I do? I am in the tech business AND no local company currently exist to serve me. Make una go sleep. APC has nothing to offer jare.

1 Like

Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by 2sexynet: 5:28am On Dec 28, 2016
DropShot:

Some of you think there is magic to make Naira strong against the dollar. Perhaps you think PMB could print some dollars to replenish our foreign reserves that was looted by GEJ and his cronies.
you are not serious mr man. Was it not APC that said they will make $1 =1naira?

Or was my dead grand mother that said those?
Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by DropShot: 6:22am On Dec 28, 2016
2sexynet:
you are not serious mr man. Was it not APC that said they will make $1 =1naira?

Or was my dead grand mother that said those?
Give me the link to that lie of promising to make a naira equal $1. If you can prove APC/Buhari said it, I will pay you N20k today.

But remember to show me in the news report where it was specifically said.

Some of you are too naive and immature to differentiate between authentic news and sensational news.

1 Like

Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by 2sexynet: 7:07am On Dec 28, 2016
DropShot:

Give me the link to that lie of promising to make a naira equal $1. If you can prove APC/Buhari said it, I will pay you N20k today.

But remember to show me in the news report where it was specifically said.

Some of you are too naive and immature to differentiate between authentic news and sensational news.
http://dailypost.ng/2015/03/23/i-will-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-buhari/
Re: External Reserves Rise Further, Now $25.4bn by DropShot: 8:03am On Dec 28, 2016
2sexynet:

http://dailypost.ng/2015/03/23/i-will-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-buhari/

Buahri's words:
“It is sad that the value of the naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar; this does not speak well for the nation’s economy,’’ he said.

How that statement translated to making N1 equal $1 is what you have to prove to me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Biafra: We Are One – Ikpeazu Says As He Receives Northern Colleagues / PDP Did Not Authorize Any Looters List - PDPNYL / Court Grants Orji Kalu Leave To Apply For Order To Stop EFCC From Arresting Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.