Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

5 Very Useful Google Search Tricks Few People Know: - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Very Useful Google Search Tricks Few People Know: (3675 Views)

Best Google Search Tricks And Tips In 2020 / 10 Useful Google Tricks And Secrets You Need To Know About / 5 Very Important Things To Note Before Buying Any Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Very Useful Google Search Tricks Few People Know: by Chinedujustin(m): 9:47am On Dec 27, 2016
Here are some tricks listed and compiled by me from getting your local time, checking your flight arrival to getting any music , comic or movie downloaded on your phone.
(1)Get Your local time
What time is it in Lagos, Abuja right now? well, worry no more simply enter " what time is it" without quotes to check the time of big cities around the world or " what time is it Lagos" to specify your location. Give it a try.
(2)Arrival and departure time of your flight!
simply just enter the airline and the flight number into the Google search box and get fast results asap.
(3)Convert currency, temperature, byte.. anything.
Most people are aware of this, but for the rest who don't
just simply put in the search box
1Naira in USD, seconds in Year, byte in Kilobyte and so on and your result will be the first thing you see.give it a try.
(4)Compare items with "better than" and find similar items with "reminds me of"
Now using the ---better than--- phrase with your keyword brings out alternatives to that item for example:
in the search box you put--------- better than Nairaland will bring out comparisons done between nairaland and other websites or perhaps even alternatives. another is
-------- better than Xender will show you other apps users have thought to be better than Xender app for android. so you get the point.
now using ----- "reminds me of _Adele_" in quote will bring out other artists people thought sounded similar to Adele.. so all in all this can be useful in finding new songs and artists that you never new. this can be used for something else aside from music.
(5)Find and download Music, Movie, TV series, Comic just name it in high quality

modified: simplified.
in your search box put this keywords
index of/parent directory/last modified/size/"Name of movie, music, tv series,comic or app/type of file e.g mp4 mp3 pdf....
for example:
index of / parent directory/ last modified/size/Captain America civil war /mkv 720p
you can copy this and paste in your Google search box now to see what I am talking about.
click search
click on any of the results
open and scroll wen you find what you want
Click on it and it's starts downloading immediately.
try the same for music and the rest . This is the best way to download any series in high quality.
So which is more useful to you.
Mods: Cc: lalasticlala Mynd44 , please move to FP..so more pple can gain from this.
Thanks.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Very Useful Google Search Tricks Few People Know: by ken19: 10:18am On Dec 27, 2016
w
Re: 5 Very Useful Google Search Tricks Few People Know: by onward4life(m): 10:20am On Dec 27, 2016
Thank yu 4 number 2 n 3.

God bless yu.

I also clicked like!
Re: 5 Very Useful Google Search Tricks Few People Know: by Chinedujustin(m): 10:44am On Dec 27, 2016
onward4life:
Thank yu 4 number 2 n 3.

God bless yu.

I also clicked like!
u welcm.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Very Useful Google Search Tricks Few People Know: by pr0blem: 11:31am On Dec 27, 2016
Chinedujustin:
Here are some tricks listed and compiled by me from getting your local time, checking your flight arrival to getting any music , comic or movie downloaded on your phone.
(1)Get Your local time
What time is it in Lagos, Abuja right now? well, worry no more simply enter " what time is it" without quotes to check the time of big cities around the world or " what time is it Lagos" to specify your location. Give it a try.
simply just enter the airline and the flight number into the Google search box and get fast results asap.
1Naira in USD, seconds in Year, byte in Kilobyte and son on and your result will be the first thing you see.give it a try.
Now using the ---better than--- phrase with your keyword brings out alternatives to that item for example:
in the search box you put--------- better than Nairaland will bring out comparisons done between nairaland and other websites or perhaps even alternatives. another is
-------- better than Xender will show you other apps users have thought to be better than Xender app for android. so you get the point.
now using ----- "reminds me of _Adele_" in quote will bring out other artists people thought sounded similar to Adele.. so all in all this can be useful in finding new songs and artists that you never new. this can be used for something else aside from music.
(5)Find and download Music, Movie, TV series, Comic just name it in high quality
Now we have come to the tricky part, so I will take my time to explain this.
Tired of the stress of getting a particular movie downloaded on your phone, the headache of getting a comic free or a new foreign music(yes , doesn't really work well for naija jams, but you can give it a try).Well that might be reduced greatly by this.
Cutting it short.
you will need this code inputted in the search box
-inurl: (htm|html|php) intitle:"index of" +"last modified" +"parent directory" +description +size+(wma|mp3) "Sound Name" this looks
preety complicated and long...lemme explain.
the only thing that changes in the code should be
("Sound Name" ) to the name of the music , movie or TV series or apk you want e.g "The Flash" , " Let me love you" "Hello" " Harry potter and the goblet of fire" "The originals"..etc
and (wma|mp3) to the format of your file examples are:
(doc|pdf), (avi|mpg|mpeg|wmv), (apk) ...absolutely any file you can think of ..let put this to use.

-inurl: (htm|html|php) intitle:"index of" +"last modified" +"parent directory" +description +size+(avi|mpg|mpeg|wmv)"Captain America- civil war" click search
various results will come out.
open any of the links and scroll down to look for the name of your file ,
then click on it..and download immediately.another example
-inurl: (htm|html|php) intitle:"index of" "last modified" "parent directory" description size (wma|mp3) "Adele Hello"
and so on...
Mods please move to FP..so more pple can gain from this.
Thanks.

thank You hope you just solved a major issue for me
Re: 5 Very Useful Google Search Tricks Few People Know: by Chinedujustin(m): 11:36am On Dec 27, 2016
number 5 has been modified for easier understanding
Re: 5 Very Useful Google Search Tricks Few People Know: by henryobinna(m): 11:54am On Dec 27, 2016
nice,

hope this makes front page
Re: 5 Very Useful Google Search Tricks Few People Know: by FellaL: 11:58am On Dec 27, 2016
wow cool let me go and try it out
Re: 5 Very Useful Google Search Tricks Few People Know: by joseph214(m): 12:55pm On Dec 27, 2016
Nice info. I will try the no 5.
Re: 5 Very Useful Google Search Tricks Few People Know: by wiseword316(m): 9:06pm On Dec 27, 2016
very usefull piece of info thanx alot.
Re: 5 Very Useful Google Search Tricks Few People Know: by Olasco93: 9:42pm On Dec 27, 2016
Another sensible, important and valuable OP spotted. Thumb up to OP.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Very Useful Google Search Tricks Few People Know: by Chinedujustin(m): 5:52am On Dec 28, 2016
Olasco93:
Another sensible, important and valuable OP spotted. Thumb up to OP.
Thank you wink
Re: 5 Very Useful Google Search Tricks Few People Know: by Machini(m): 6:30am On Dec 28, 2016
Wow! number 5 is amazing. Thanks brother
Re: 5 Very Useful Google Search Tricks Few People Know: by kossiie(f): 10:54am On Dec 28, 2016
Wow. I never knew about no 5. This is helpful.
Re: 5 Very Useful Google Search Tricks Few People Know: by Chinedujustin(m): 11:36am On Dec 28, 2016
Machini:
Wow! number 5 is amazing. Thanks brother
smiley
Re: 5 Very Useful Google Search Tricks Few People Know: by jeff1607(m): 1:30pm On Dec 28, 2016
HMMMMM
Re: 5 Very Useful Google Search Tricks Few People Know: by Fundango: 4:34pm On Dec 28, 2016
Nice One Oups!
Re: 5 Very Useful Google Search Tricks Few People Know: by Fundango: 4:56pm On Dec 28, 2016
Chinedujustin:
(1)Get Your local time
1Naira in USD, seconds in Year, byte in Kilobyte and so on and your result will be the first thing you see.give it a try.

modified: simplified.
in your search box put this keywords
index of/parent directory/last modified/size/"Name of movie, music, tv series,comic or app/type of file e.g mp4 mp3 pdf....
for example:
index of / parent directory/ last modified/size/Captain America civil war /mkv 720p
you can copy this and paste in your Google search box now to see what I am talking about.
click search
click on any of the results
open and scroll wen you find what you want
Click on it and it's starts downloading immediately.
try the same for music and the rest . This is the best way to download any series in high quality.
Mods: Cc: lalasticlala Mynd44 , please move to FP..so more pple can gain from this.
Thanks.

Thanks Oups ,will practice it right away!
Re: 5 Very Useful Google Search Tricks Few People Know: by Chinedujustin(m): 2:14pm On Dec 29, 2016
Fundango:
Thanks Oups ,will practice it right away!
no p
Re: 5 Very Useful Google Search Tricks Few People Know: by Dandsome: 2:18pm On Dec 29, 2016
Thankyou for the information, it was timely
Re: 5 Very Useful Google Search Tricks Few People Know: by Chinedujustin(m): 9:27pm On Jan 04, 2017
Dandsome:
Thankyou for the information, it was timely
u wlcm

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Crack The Modem? / Mep 04104-009,04598-007,14896-007,14896-008 Of New Blackberry Security Unlock... / Do GSM Network Providers Still Block Un-used SIM Over A Long Period Of Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.