Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,727 members, 7,824,058 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

I Need Ur Suggestion Pls Guys - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Need Ur Suggestion Pls Guys (746 Views)

Unilag Students I Need Ur Help. / Nairalanders Need Ur Help Pls Jupeb In Uniben Or Unilag Wich Is Better?? / From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Ur Suggestion Pls Guys by ifypoly(m): 10:01am On Dec 27, 2016
I graduated with lower credit 2.85 in my Hnd which university can I apply for direct entry
Re: I Need Ur Suggestion Pls Guys by firstking01(m): 10:12am On Dec 27, 2016
ifypoly:
I graduated with lower credit 2.85 in my Hnd which university can I apply for direct entry
In most uni you'd start from 300 level, but i'd advice you go for pgd first, it's just 1 year six months or so to obtain your bsc.
Re: I Need Ur Suggestion Pls Guys by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 27, 2016
firstking01:
In most uni you'd start from 300 level,but i'd advice you go for pgd first, it's just 1 year six months or so to obtain your bsc.

He will not be giving admission for PGD with his cgpa, the least cgpa for HND to be considered for PGD is upper credit.

Therefore, op if you want degree, you can apply for NOUN for your direct entry but bear it in mind that you will start from 200lev with your cgpa
Re: I Need Ur Suggestion Pls Guys by firstking01(m): 11:07am On Dec 27, 2016
2kaybiel:

He will not be giving admission for PGD with his cgpa, the least cgpa for HND to be considered for PGD is upper credit.

Therefore, op if you want degree, you can apply for NOUN for your direct entry but bear it in mind that you will start from 200lev with your cgpa
Some uni accept lower credit for pgd..he's own is even a good lower credit sef...and i hope you know you in some uni you can gain adm direct to msc with distinction in your HND??...make research bro.
Re: I Need Ur Suggestion Pls Guys by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 27, 2016
firstking01:
Some uni accept lower credit for pgd..he's own is even a good lower credit sef...and i hope you know you in some uni you can gain adm direct to msc with distinction in your HND?? ...make research bro.

Well, if you have the name of the University tell me, but as at the moment, you can only be offer admission to MBA which I think it's a professional master and not academic master.

But a HND graduate can only do his/her Master degree without PGD only in USA and possibly Canada. No Nigerian university offer direct admission to do Master degree programme to graduate of HND without passing through PGD.

You can proof me wrong by mentioning the name of the University that offer admission to HND graduate to do MSc and not MBA without passing through PGD.
Re: I Need Ur Suggestion Pls Guys by firstking01(m): 11:45am On Dec 27, 2016
2kaybiel:

Well, if you have the name of the University tell me, but as at the moment, you can only be offer admission to MBA which I think it's a professional master and not academic master.

But a HND graduate can only do his/her Master degree without PGD only in USA and possibly Canada. No Nigerian university offer direct admission to do Master degree programme to graduate of HND without passing through PGD.

You can proof me wrong by mentioning the name of the University that offer admission to HND graduate to do MSc and not MBA without passing through PGD.
Well, not all the polys anyways...if you study engineering in any of these schools, yabatech, laspoly, kadpoly and auchi poly...you will do a house manship which you will be paid 35k for that period and after that the fed govt will award you with btech before you go for service
Re: I Need Ur Suggestion Pls Guys by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 27, 2016
firstking01:
Well, not all the polys anyways...if you study engineering in any of these schools, yabatech, laspoly, kadpoly and auchi poly... you will do a house manship which you will be paid 35k for that period and after that the fed govt will award you with btech before you go for service
In a popular saying...... I am not understanding...

House manship before awarding B.Tech?

Do you mean there is another secret way those schools use to award B.Tech?

Last time I check no polytechnic is awarding B.Tech. But you can proof me wrong by mentioning any of their graduate with B.Tech I mean the schools you mentioned above.
Re: I Need Ur Suggestion Pls Guys by firstking01(m): 12:15pm On Dec 27, 2016
2kaybiel:

In a popular saying...... I am not understanding...

House manship before awarding B.Tech?

Do you mean there is another secret way those schools use to award B.Tech?

Last time I check no polytechnic is awarding B.Tech. But you can proof me wrong by mentioning any of their graduate with B.Tech I mean the schools you mentioned above.
Durghhh, you never heard of the HND/BSC Dichotomy abolition??....well, the fed govt established it this year that henceforth the aforlisted schools will be awarding btech instead of HND...Forgotten the link to the thread sef...it has started taking effect from schools like yabatech, kadpoly...the fed govt changed the name of the both schools to city universities....this i was reliably informed.

1 Like

Re: I Need Ur Suggestion Pls Guys by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 27, 2016
firstking01:
Durghhh, you never heard of the HND/BSC Dichotomy abolition??....well, the fed govt established it this year that henceforth the aforlisted schools will be awarding btech instead of HND...Forgotten the link to the thread sef...it has started taking effect from schools like yabatech, kadpoly...the fed govt changed the name of the both schools to city universities....this i was reliably informed.

And you believe that news?

It's all rumor. This is not the first time they will make such statement and later retract it.
Yes i was aware of it, but I never believed it at all, do you even know that adeyemi college of education was once declared a degree awarding institution and later stopped it?

If adeyemi college of education could be stopped awarding degree, do you now believe the so call City University to award degree?
Re: I Need Ur Suggestion Pls Guys by ifypoly(m): 11:50pm On Dec 27, 2016
thanks guys

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help Me With This First Order Homogenous Equation / Photos Of How Our Research Projects End After Spending Much Money And Time / First Nigeria University With Online Student's Lecturers Evaluation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.