Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,657 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm (35500 Views)

See The Monitor Lizard Caught In My Area This Morning (photos) / See The Monitor Lizard I Caught (pics Attached) / The Monitor Lizard And Snake Killed At A Construction Site (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by lereinter(m): 12:29pm On Dec 28, 2016
eezeribe:
No wonder Donald Trump said Africa needs to be re-colonized.How can somebody kill a lizard and prepare as a meal in 2016 And display it online.
What happened to all the beef,chicken,mutton,chevron,pork,etc in the market
Anyway... Some will say it's his choice.
PLEASE LET US LEARN TO CONSERVE WILDLIFE.the rate of killing helpless creatures in this part of the world is alarming.
Anyway I am not surprised,a place where a teenager can be burnt alive for stealing garri...
There is no regard for life... Be it Human or Animal
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by authenticman(m): 12:43pm On Dec 28, 2016
sanyahkod:
End-product!!!

Well........, happy holidays!

U for show us pix of when you dey devour am for us to believe you actually ate that thing!
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 28, 2016
eezeribe:
No wonder Donald Trump said Africa needs to be re-colonized.How can somebody kill a lizard and prepare as a meal in 2016 And display it online.
PLEASE LET US LEARN TO CONSERVE WILDLIFE.the rate of killing helpless creatures in this part of the world is alarming.
Anyway I am not surprised,a place where a teenager can be burnt alive for stealing garri...
correct jare. The OP is wicked, see how he para roasted the innocent lizard. But wait o, how is it easy for human to eat lizard?
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by proeast(m): 12:49pm On Dec 28, 2016
goingape:
the different between you and animal is not that significant!
Lol, the op don buy market BTW you mean carnivorous animal right Well it could be as a result of buhari induced hunger & strife, afterall people eat lizards and rats during the civil war
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by Kingsley1000(m): 12:51pm On Dec 28, 2016
op preserve wild life they are going into extinction
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by Topshow4real: 12:52pm On Dec 28, 2016
If you can eat this, then eating domestic lizards shouldn't be a problem. . Coz I see no difference between both tongue

1 Like

Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by odimbannamdi(m): 12:58pm On Dec 28, 2016
sanyahkod:
I met it still struggling with the hook and as a sharp guy, I quickly got long stick and hit its head and made sure it was weak as I hear stories of how dangerous its tail is in defense against predators.

What would it have done with its tail?
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by Orpe7(m): 1:04pm On Dec 28, 2016
sanyahkod:
I noticed the presence of several monitor lizards in my plantain farm and tried setting multiple traps to catch them but none worked.

Having watched lots of Ultimate Survival episodes on discovery channel as a fan of Bear Grylls, I decided to use one of his methods; the use of hooks.

So I bought 2 fishing hooks and used chicken intestine as bait. I did that around 7am.

A few hours later, look what I got!!!!

If the people for your village begin monitor your life dont scream for help o
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by Nobody: 1:05pm On Dec 28, 2016
Hypocrites una go kill fowl ,goat,cow. Them come tell me make I no kill monitor lizard weh deh disturb me no my livestock ...,double standard mofos
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by sbabimbola(f): 1:09pm On Dec 28, 2016
prince049:
I'm sorta new to this forum and I've seen A LOT of reptile like threads and people saying food is ready for lalastcala. I don't get it. Really cry

NA SNAKE THREAD SURE PASS, OR GO BEACH GO CATCH ANY UGLY LOOKING CREATURE.
LOL.

Food is ready: front page things.

WELCOME ON BOARD!

2 Likes

Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by PurestBoy(m): 1:11pm On Dec 28, 2016
victorazy:
One bite from that thing is a enough to kill an elephant in less than 1hr (Discover channel)

that's komodo dragon and not monitor lizard
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by jokerphilics(m): 1:19pm On Dec 28, 2016
eezeribe:

Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by sanyahkod(m): 1:55pm On Dec 28, 2016
PurestBoy:

Lol. Even if na Godzilla you call am, e don enter belle.

1 Like

Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by alexarelano(m): 2:09pm On Dec 28, 2016
I know d animal to as Alligator
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by PurestBoy(m): 2:10pm On Dec 28, 2016
sanyahkod:

Lol. Even if na Godzilla you call am, e don enter belle.

calm down, he was talking about the one of the size of a croc whose single bite can bring down an elephant. and dats komodo and not the monitor lizard you ate
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by davbravo(m): 2:17pm On Dec 28, 2016
embarassed How can u just kill and eat any animal u see, this is disgusting... It's not all Animals that are meant to be eatenangry.......This practice as result to some animals being endangered
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by hotspec(m): 2:45pm On Dec 28, 2016
sanyahkod, i salute ur sense of humour. U wowed me with d way u wrote

1 Like

Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by adaxxy: 2:46pm On Dec 28, 2016
You this op no dey smile at all with those grilling my belle Don dey wable no be say you go call me make I come chop. undecided undecided
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by Lillpo(m): 3:11pm On Dec 28, 2016
Omo food don set.... I'd lyk to use ur technique wen it is time, cos dose bastard have finished d fishes in my dad's fish pond
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by tuscani: 3:37pm On Dec 28, 2016
Wet my own
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by victorazy(m): 3:57pm On Dec 28, 2016
PurestBoy:

Ok ur right.
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by sanyahkod(m): 4:07pm On Dec 28, 2016
Lillpo:
Omo food don set.... I'd lyk to use ur technique wen it is time, cos dose bastard have finished d fishes in my dad's fish pond

They once invaded my fish pond too. I fenced the pond with nets and it solved the problem.
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by nadisgoodforu(m): 4:08pm On Dec 28, 2016
You have just succeeded eating a lizard
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by sanyahkod(m): 4:12pm On Dec 28, 2016
odimbannamdi:

What would it have done with its tail?

It has a sharp razor-like tail which it uses to defend itself. It wagged its tail against me when I tried hitting it with a stick but I kept my distance.
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by Adeking10(m): 4:51pm On Dec 28, 2016
Awww....you really ate dat thing?...how did it taste shocked

Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by NokiaN8(m): 5:28pm On Dec 28, 2016
That is a testimony of the change government. Appreciation to Mr President for making Nigerian to look for alternatives,in this recession. Wise one learn from this.

1 Like

Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by PETRUCE007: 5:52pm On Dec 28, 2016
Divay22:
Op was it sweet undecided undecided

Long throat grin grin grin grin
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by cococandy(f): 6:26pm On Dec 28, 2016
sanyahkod:
End-product!!!

Well........, happy holidays!
What is the taste like?
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by sanyahkod(m): 6:34pm On Dec 28, 2016
cococandy:

What is the taste like?

It tastes just like bush meat or maybe better. Its skin is quite tough and juicy so you would enjoy every chewing moment.
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by cococandy(f): 7:05pm On Dec 28, 2016
sanyahkod:

It tastes just like bush meat or maybe better. Its skin is quite tough and juicy so you would enjoy every chewing moment.
Bush meat doesn't quite describe the taste because I'm aware a lot of animals live in the bush. I'd have preferred something more familiar. But thanks for the effort. smiley
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by sanyahkod(m): 7:12pm On Dec 28, 2016
cococandy:

Bush meat doesn't quite describe the taste because I'm aware a lot of animals live in the bush. I'd have preferred something more familiar. But thanks for the effort. smiley

Lol. I believe you are a Nigerian. When I say bush meat, what should come to the mind is grasscutter as a typical Nigerian unless you are not.

If you have tasted grasscutter before, then it's more like it.
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by cococandy(f): 7:23pm On Dec 28, 2016
sanyahkod:

Lol. I believe you are a Nigerian. When I say bush meat, what should come to the mind is grasscutter as a typical Nigerian unless you are not.

If you have tasted grasscutter before, then it's more like it.
I actually haven't. But thank you. Make I no dey waste your time again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Graphics Pics Of The Gas Explosion In Port-harcourt Two Days Ago / Big Python Caught And Butchered In My Area (Photos) / Lady Crushed To Death In Front Of Her Shop As Trailer Suffers Brake Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.