Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,579 members, 7,820,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Nairalanders Please Change If You Are Guilty Of This!!! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nairalanders Please Change If You Are Guilty Of This!!! (704 Views)

Top 5 Characters Of A Typical African Child, We Are All Of Guilty Of Number 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders Please Change If You Are Guilty Of This!!! by stevenson007: 11:01am On Dec 27, 2016
In recent times, I have noticed these trend of tribal bigotry amongst Nairalanders. It is a shame. Every topic/post that makes it to the front page, you will in one way or the other find someone posting tribalistic remarks. I personally find this disgusting. Every sane person will find it that way or even higher. A particular tribe has been tagged "AFONJA" one has been tagged "IPOB" are many more, whats that? These has to change. These is one evidence that we are on the right track to backwards/under-development individually, as a family, as a FORUM, as a nation. There is no love among tribes of the same from the same country. Whats that? When we are suppose to join hands together to uplift the nation, even if some set of people wants to cut out as a stand-alone nation, such virtues will go a long way to help building their said nation. Not engaging in tribalism, abuse, hatred. We claim to be religious where is it rooted in us Nigerians? I know of a particular religious organization I wont mention the name, they teach their members to love one another and this love include people from all sorts of tribes and nations. These love is reflected in the way they do things and in their way of life. As a matter of fact I have heard when they ask everyone not to say for example "An Igbo man" but should say "An Igbo-Speaking Man", "A Yoruba Man" as "A Yoruba-Speaking Man" and "An Hausa Man" as "An Hausa-Speaking Man" e.t.c.

As a Yoruba-speaking guy that I am, I can authoritatively tell you I have never dated a Yoruba-Speaking Girl, I love the Igbos-speaking ones. Its me. Thats what i like. Infact I will love to take one as a wife. My current GF is from Anambra, as a matter of fact she just arrived Lagos, few days back and I cant wait to see her.

This is a very typical example what am talking about. Love one another. Lets see ourselves as one. I don't think Ghana has only one local tribe, there might be more. But you cant find this trend among Ghanaians. They love themselves and fight for their selves. The other day I was reading a post here in NL, where a Ghanaian man blasted DJs for continuously playing Nigerian songs and leaving out their own local songs.

We here especially in Nairaland needs to WAKE UP and GROW-UP. Everyone likes to place blames on the leadership even though we ourselves have a share when it comes to the development of a nation.

I usually use this example a lot, in Nigeria there is this trend of members defecting from one political party to one another. These people are the same people at Party A with the same personality, the same ideology, the same person, porting to PARTY B, his defection those not change him, he still carries the same mentality to PARTY B and the cycle goes on and on. Now tell me how is that development?Now on the issue of some set of people wants to leave to form another nation I tell you this today They will still go there and behave like a typical Nigerian of Now. There won't be any difference. It will all be LIFE IS VANITY.

I am not a Patriot, I only support what is good to be good, to be good and what is bad to be bad, to be bad.

So PLEASE I welcome comments strictly from those who share my views. Any opposing one, go move to the next thread, just view or simply create their own threads. Such one are not welcomed here.

This is a WAKE-UP CALL.

NB: I AM NOT A WRITER, I JUST LOOK FOR A WAY TO VOICE OUT MY HEART. IF YOU NOTE ANY TYPOS OR INCORRECT IDEAS PLEASE FEEL FREE CORRECT MY THINKING IN A MILD WAY. WE KEEP LEARNING TILL WE HAVE NO LIFE IN US.
Re: Nairalanders Please Change If You Are Guilty Of This!!! by stevenson007: 11:03am On Dec 27, 2016
PLEASE MODERATORS FRONT-PAGE PLEASE, THIS POST NEEDS THE EYES OF EVERY SINGLE MEMBER AND GUEST OF OUR BELOVED FORUM.

ONE LOVE!
Re: Nairalanders Please Change If You Are Guilty Of This!!! by abatisegun: 11:10am On Dec 27, 2016
So fun won je o ye won. Let them know
Re: Nairalanders Please Change If You Are Guilty Of This!!! by Atiku2019: 11:37am On Dec 27, 2016
Nice
Re: Nairalanders Please Change If You Are Guilty Of This!!! by SIRmuel86(m): 11:40am On Dec 27, 2016
Op I'm in support of all u said. But this is one of the things that make this forum to be fun provided its only here, what I call e-bigotry.
Re: Nairalanders Please Change If You Are Guilty Of This!!! by saxwizard(m): 11:43am On Dec 27, 2016
change begins with me grin
Re: Nairalanders Please Change If You Are Guilty Of This!!! by stevenson007: 11:53am On Dec 27, 2016
SIRmuel86:
Op I'm in support of all u said. But this is one of the things that make this forum to be fun provided its only here, what I call e-bigotry.

Lol, this guy cracked me up. "e-bigotry"

grin grin grin grin grin

But do you know many is taking it serious and personal, we have to be aware of that.

I seem someone using such words in a convo not online. So you see!

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Greater Between The Ooni Of Agbaja And The Ooni Of Ife / Proof And History To Show Ijaws Are Tenants In Benin Kingdom / 10 Strange Biafra Facts FG Don't Want You To Know - #9 Will Shock You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.